NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

State of Origin 2017 Series

State of Origin 2017 Series - Page 31 Empty Re: State of Origin 2017 Series

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:45 pm

Goodbye Pearce as a Queenslander you will be missed!
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:46 pm

QLD were just too good. Absolutely clinical in the first half. This game was marketed as the biggest game in NRL history and it delivered. JT gets the origin send off he deserves. Champion player from an absolute Champiom team, you can't really deny that. You would think this will be Cronks last origin game also. Could very well be the end of an era, boy hasn't it been something to behold. Well done to the QLD team. A Champion team.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:53 pm

Honeysett wrote:

How is it salty? We know what we're talking about and you guys have no idea. That's why when we dissect a game it means something because we understand what's happening when the posts have proven you don't have a clue.

Munster fucking brilliant. Just so good. NSW too many injuries and it showed tonight. Line speed was horrible and allowed Smith to dictate the game early which gave all the momentum. Momentum is Origin. That's it. You have the momentum you have Origin.

Take a chill pill and leave the insults at the door mate, i posted it earlier in the thread, NSW had won 3 of 4 halves, and the one they didn't win was on the back of a guy who was sitting in the coaches box tonight, you show me someone who predicted a QLD walkover, and i'll show you a liar, every-one and their dog said NSW had the stronger team, Andrew Johns just said NSW had the better team, does he have no idea about the game either?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:08 pm

surmo13 wrote:

Take a chill pill and leave the insults at the door mate, i posted it earlier in the thread, NSW had won 3 of 4 halves, and the one they didn't win was on the back of a guy who was sitting in the coaches box tonight, you show me someone who predicted a QLD walkover, and i'll show you a liar, every-one and their dog said NSW had the stronger team, Andrew Johns just said NSW had the better team, does he have no idea about the game either?

Alright I'll drop the insults. Anyone that didn't see a QLD ambush coming just honestly doesn't understand Origin. They just don't. I'm not saying I'm more knowledgeable than Joey or anyone else, but you could see it coming. We all called it. We had so many injuries and after the 2nd half of game 2 we just didn't have a chance.

Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:10 pm

wolfking wrote:

Have to split that 3 way boys!!!
    Queensland showers after the game. Notice how Josh Mcguire looks like Barney

State of Origin 2017 Series - Page 31 Giphy
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:24 pm

surmo13 wrote:

I said if NSW won it would be the biggest upset since 2014. If that isnt predicting an expected comfy win for Qld what is?

No way, with that Qld spine, could NSW put a stronger team on the park than Qld. Deadset have people learnt nothing from the last decade of footy. The Spine is absolutely they key, if they fire, put whatever and whoever you want around them as long as they are first grade quality, and the better spine will get you home 66% of the time at a minimum in the big games.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:27 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Alright I'll drop the insults. Anyone that didn't see a QLD ambush coming just honestly doesn't understand Origin. They just don't. I'm not saying I'm more knowledgeable than Joey or anyone else, but you could see it coming. We all called it. We had so many injuries and after the 2nd half of game 2 we just didn't have a chance.

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/07/12/16/43/state-of-origin-game-3-expert-tips-predictions-final-word

yep, look at all those former NSW-based origin coaches and players predicting QLD to dominate.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:37 pm

NSW were favourites weren't they?

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:46 pm

Ice wrote:

I said if NSW won it would be the biggest upset since 2014. If that isnt predicting an expected comfy win for Qld what is?

going by your usual predictions surrounding the Eels & Blues, If you were a passionate Black Caviar fan, you'd have tried to sell him as an underdog, so i take them with a grain of salt
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:48 pm

surmo13 wrote:

If Joey honestly thinks that man v man (let alone full side) that the NSW side was better than Qld he is kidding himself and should be nowhere near the NSW set up.

Slater v Teddy = Slater comfortably at Origin level and also on current form.
    Gagai v Morris = Gagai. at Origin level Gagai hasn't had a bad game and Morris wouldn't even be there if Turbo wasn't injured.
    Chambers v Hayne On form = Chambers, sure, at his best Hayne by a looooong way, but Hayne isn't a centre and Chambers is a current Roo who matches up very well against Hayne
    Dugan v Morgan. At centre Dugan, as a class player who can fill his role at this level wherever it is Morgan, but I give a slight edge to Dugan as the Oz centre
    Holmes v Ferguson Both Oz wingers, but Holmes is in form and Fergo shouldn't be in the Oz side. Holmes is a better current and future player
    Munster v Maloney. Sure, you'd argue Maloney as the current GF winning half but Munster in his weekly spine at Origin level, I take that every day and he showed it. He is a better player than Maloney, find me one person, even before this game, if building a team and had to pick one, that would take Maloney.
    Cronk v Pearce, please, stop it.
    Napa v Woods you'd argue Woods and fair enough, but not for much longer.
    Smith v Peats no contest.
    Fifita v Wallace = Sure Fifita at his best easy, but how often do we see it. NSW expect him to carry them, Wallace simply needs to do a job and he does it well. Totally different expectations
    Cooper v Jackson Many would argue a split contest and fair enough, for those that might argue Jackson I'd say it would be the barest of TKO, and hardly unanimous
    Gillet v Cordner Both very good, both Aus backrowers. Split contest, one a premiership winner, the other and Orin winner, you couldn't argue a clear advantage for either pre game.
    McGuire v Frizell = again close but I'd say a points decision to McGuire pre game.

Klemmer v Papalli = Oz reps, tie
    JTurbo v Hess = Boom up and comers that will face of at Origin and partner at Aus level for years, hardly a clear winner.
    Hunt v Bird = Split decision
    Graham v Glasby = Graham is clearly a better player, but is he a better role player?

How on gods greeen earth is that NSW side clearly the better side? How does anyone consider them even the equal. I wouldn't back them with my worst enemies money to win a decider IN Qld.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:51 pm

SI wrote:NSW were favourites weren't they?

for all 3 games
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:53 pm

surmo13 wrote:

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/07/12/16/43/state-of-origin-game-3-expert-tips-predictions-final-word

yep, look at all those former NSW-based origin coaches and players predicting QLD to dominate.

I didn't look at the link but I assume it's a bunch of NSW supporting "experts" tipping NSW right? And you use that as evidence? That is them getting caught up in the hype of Origin and not wanting to tip against their team. It's proabbaly why none of them ever win a tipping comp, cause they bet and tip with their heart not their heads and don't want to put their Friends in the NSW camp offside by tipping against them.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:54 pm

surmo13 wrote:

going by your usual predictions surrounding the Eels & Blues, If you were a passionate Black Caviar fan, you'd have tried to sell him as an underdog, so i take them with a grain of salt

I don't understand, what are my usual predictions around the Eels and Blues? When am I wrong about them?
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:57 pm

SI wrote:NSW were favourites weren't they?

They don't call em Mug punters for nothing!They were favs in the eyes of the blind. I didn't bet on the game cause I could never bring myself to bet on Qld, to my own detriment and hip pocket though, cause if I could, I would have loaded up on Qldto winthe game and to win the series after game 1.
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:57 pm

Oh boy. Here we go again.

State of Origin 2017 Series - Page 31 PIG_02_LS0029_01_P

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:59 pm

Ice wrote:

I didn't look at the link but I assume it's a bunch of NSW supporting "experts" tipping NSW right? And you use that as evidence? That is them getting caught up in the hype of Origin and not wanting to tip against their team. It's proabbaly why none of them ever win a tipping comp, cause they bet and tip with their heart not their heads and don't want to put their Friends in the NSW camp offside by tipping against them.

for the link-clicking impaired:

Phil Gould:

“NSW can win this game from the bench. The NSW interchange bench is far stronger than Queensland's. This is where the Blues can win.

“NSW needs to play like they believe they are the better team. They need to play fast and open football to run the Maroons around. The aim should be to get Queensland coach Kevin Walters nervous and heading to the phone early to activate his interchange bench.

“NSW to win 24-12, Mitchell Pearce named Man of the Match, James Tedesco to be named Man of the Series.”

Brad Fittler:

“Six weeks ago they (Blues) had a good experience up there. They’re back at Kingscliff, they’ve enjoyed that, just making sure the players who are playing are ready to go. Making it about character and just getting in there and doing the job.

“It’s there to be won by both teams, it will come down to the team that’s the most organised and wants to win it the most.

Andrew Johns:

“Fast track up there, it’s going to be dry and fast in Brisbane. I think they (NSW) showed in Origin I, if they keep to that game plan and just power through the middle, I think their forward pack and their bench is superior to Queensland, keep the ball in play so it’s a real war of attrition, and play through the middle and play short passes, change the angle back on the inside.

“The big thing in Origin is discipline, don’t give away cheap penalties. If you give penalties away to Queensland, from those set starts that’s what brings the likes of Cronk and Slater into play.”

Peter Sterling:

'NSW have proven themselves to be the best side over these two matches. I know they haven’t won both games.

''They’ve scored twice as many tries as the opposition and have really dominated, certainly for the majority of minutes played.

''One-hundred-and-sixty minutes of football and NSW have been behind for a total of eight minutes. Unfortunately three of those minutes were at the end of the game.

''They’ve shown they are the better side, they now have to go and prove that again in a third match.’’

not a journo among them, blokes with countless games of origin experience in a multitude of roles and barely a mention of any possible QLD ambush, the sentiment seems to be 'keep doing what they've been doing and they'll lift the shield'
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:04 am

Ice wrote:

If Joey honestly thinks that man v man (let alone full side) that the NSW side was better than Qld he is kidding himself and should be nowhere near the NSW set up.

Slater v Teddy = Slater comfortably at Origin level and also on current form.
    Gagai v Morris = Gagai. at Origin level Gagai hasn't had a bad game and Morris wouldn't even be there if Turbo wasn't injured.
    Chambers v Hayne On form = Chambers, sure, at his best Hayne by a looooong way, but Hayne isn't a centre and Chambers is a current Roo who matches up very well against Hayne
    Dugan v Morgan. At centre Dugan, as a class player who can fill his role at this level wherever it is Morgan, but I give a slight edge to Dugan as the Oz centre
    Holmes v Ferguson Both Oz wingers, but Holmes is in form and Fergo shouldn't be in the Oz side. Holmes is a better current and future player
    Munster v Maloney. Sure, you'd argue Maloney as the current GF winning half but Munster in his weekly spine at Origin level, I take that every day and he showed it. He is a better player than Maloney, find me one person, even before this game, if building a team and had to pick one, that would take Maloney.
    Cronk v Pearce, please, stop it.
    Napa v Woods you'd argue Woods and fair enough, but not for much longer.
    Smith v Peats no contest.
    Fifita v Wallace = Sure Fifita at his best easy, but how often do we see it. NSW expect him to carry them, Wallace simply needs to do a job and he does it well. Totally different expectations
    Cooper v Jackson Many would argue a split contest and fair enough, for those that might argue Jackson I'd say it would be the barest of TKO, and hardly unanimous
    Gillet v Cordner Both very good, both Aus backrowers. Split contest, one a premiership winner, the other and Orin winner, you couldn't argue a clear advantage for either pre game.
    McGuire v Frizell = again close but I'd say a points decision to McGuire pre game.

Klemmer v Papalli = Oz reps, tie
    JTurbo v Hess = Boom up and comers that will face of at Origin and partner at Aus level for years, hardly a clear winner.
    Hunt v Bird = Split decision
    Graham v Glasby = Graham is clearly a better player, but is he a better role player?

How on gods greeen earth is that NSW side clearly the better side? How does anyone consider them even the equal. I wouldn't back them with my worst enemies money to win a decider IN Qld.

My obvious Friz bias aside, this isn't even close. Frizell is twice the player McGuire is.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:05 am

Curious as to how many lads over that way watched the 1 hour post game? I know in the past Nine shuts it off at the presentations, but being in WA and it being on GEM they then run the whole post game without having to switch channels.

Joey said the exact same things this time but in the complete opposite fashion mood wise-he must have had a bunger at full time instead of some goey this time.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:11 am

surmo13 wrote:

Come on man, you're not fucking stupid. When does any media/ex player pick the other team to win. Ever. Come on man. Honestly. If that's your argument we have nothing more to talk about.

As far as odds go, the book makers set the start and then it goes by weight of money on.
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:12 am

surmo13 wrote:

for the link-clicking impaired:

not a journo among them, blokes with countless games of origin experience in a multitude of roles and barely a mention of any possible QLD ambush, the sentiment seems to be 'keep doing what they've been doing and they'll lift the shield'

As I said, a bunch of NSW aligned,(even more closely than I thought) experts tipping their state to win IF they play better!! stop the presses. Oh, and Wally tipping Qld, well der.

As if Gould, the most die hard NSW fan would ever tip against them, and he predicts we will win cause we have the better bench

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 7:03 am