NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 45

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 45 - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 45

Post by my tv broke Wed May 31, 2017 12:46 am

wolfking wrote:So has everyone pretty much just punted Kaufusi?  Seems that way.  Not worth holding for byes?  Swap him for a gun now?

Two low scores coupled with reduced mins since Tohu returned. Seems a risk to hold. I think his scoring will be up and down, he will get the odd try running off Cronk to bust out a big score here and there. Straight swap to Graham, at the time, was an easy one.

If i still had him he'd be at the top of my upgrade list though it may depend on the shape up of your squad.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 45 - Page 16 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 45

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 31, 2017 12:48 am

filthridden wrote:What about my team:

Smith, McInnes
    Graham, NBrown, Ese'ese, I-Papali'i
    Surgess, Crichton, Gallen, Whitehead, BThompson,Fai
    Johnson, Norman, Walker, Field
    Moga, Leilua, Fuimaono, Scott
    Tedesco, RTS, Hayne, CNK, RJennings

$46k in the kitty.

Currently 4,000th or so. Sad panda this year as I've gone kaput in a big way but will hold in there as always.

Jeepers mate, thats a tough one. Initially I thought:
    Whitehead - Merrin, CNK to Edwards?

But damn, thats before I realised you still have Brown and Norman stuck there! They are taking up so much of your $ I cant see the point in holding either if they miss another week.

I'd be weary of Brown if he gets pulled again so would probably trade him out if he doesnt start this week (J Brom for a massive punt?? Nothing to lose really right?).

Also whats the deal with Norman? Again if he is not scheduled to be back next week then he's a trade IMO too. Perhaps Norman to DCE or Cleary? or alternatively Edwards via DPP which will give you the $ to bring in Lolo next week for Whitehead?

Sorry mate Im a bit all over the place with that one, but I think fundamentally you gotta find a way to get more of your $ on the pitch!
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed May 31, 2017 12:53 am

wolfking wrote:So has everyone pretty much just punted Kaufusi?  Seems that way.  Not worth holding for byes?  Swap him for a gun now?

Yeah he has a b/e 65 & he's only getting 60ish minutes now with Harris back. Mind you I have N. Brown & J. Graham who could be higher priorities to sell. I was thinking this mourning that the Storm have the Knights at home & he could get some attacking points in this game which could net him a good score. So really I'm on the fence with this one mate which doesn't really answer your question.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 31, 2017 12:56 am

wolfking wrote:Speaking of my team.  I'm not sure if I keep surging towards round 15 players.  Currently my team looks like and lineup before trades;

Smith Brailey
    Wallace Yates Kaufusi Fifita
    Bodene Elliot Brown SMat Chricton Surgess
    SJ Frawley Niko Lamb
    Croker Cotric Kelly Fui
    RTS Slater Semi Suli Ponga

309K INT

I kind of want to see Munster one more time at half but he is a potential trade in for Niko.  Lolohea also could be a punt for Niko with byes as I have cover at the moment.

My forwards is where I struggle.  I'm looking at round 15 but Brown and Kaufusi both play that week, but it really makes sense to upgrade them both now to Merrin/JDB/Vaughn/Tolo, so that's where I'm stuck.  If Brown is out, I'll upgrade but is it worth holding Kaufusi or just hold him a couple more weeks for 15?  Same with Brown, very tough.

Ponga is there too who I can turn into an easy forward if need be, but kind of wanted to turn him into Nofo in 15 if Ponga doesn't get another run.

That's my squad. Kaufusi is an easy swap to Tolo or JDB I guess without reducing bye numbers, and gives me an actual captain option. I don't know, kind of want as many for 15 as possible, but he could lose 50-60K in or more in that time really.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed May 31, 2017 1:04 am

Cheers for the replies guys, all good options. Will depend on if Brown is playing or not but I will be pulling trade triggers on Friday night big time.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed May 31, 2017 1:12 am

Yeah I can't resist these 2 trades for my team:
    F. Kaufusi out - Taumalolo in &
    N. Brown out - Vaughan in

With only 12 trades left after the above I'm just bringing in keepers. I'm keeping J. Graham but there is a silver lining if he's ruled out in that Tualau will come into the 17 even though the silver lining will be only 20-30 points.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 31, 2017 1:14 am

White Lightning wrote:Yeah I can't resist these 2 trades for my team:
    F. Kaufusi out - Taumalolo in &
    N. Brown out - Vaughan in

Damn, these two trades look perfect for my team too...........
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed May 31, 2017 1:23 am

my tv broke wrote:

Yeah I think I have to do it. Making two trades in my CTR/WFBs just makes me nervous. On the flipside I played a straight bat last week and brought in Surgess and Graham for a net of 60 pts for the week, so I may as well go down a different route this week.

This actually means 3 of my 4 reserves come from CTR/WFB. could be a horrendous week to be honest.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed May 31, 2017 1:23 am

White Lightning wrote:

Elias summed it up perfectly on nrl36 the other night. Everything is so pc & everyone are friends. Origin use to be exciting because of 1 thing violence. Plus both teams including the coaches are budy, buddy & no one wants to offend each other. What you want to see in the build up is both teams saying they're are going to smash eachother & both teams hating each other. Then when the game is actually on you want to see players getting smashed, knocked out & blood pouring from players heads. Then my friends you have a game.

Its only 2 years ago you had Klemmer telling Corey Parker to "fuck off you old cunt"

I'm sure there will be plenty of instances of players being dicks towards each other tonight too. And then Thaiday can be 3rd man in to whatever gets started.

filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed May 31, 2017 1:24 am

I'm thinking if Brown plays, I kinda have to keep him given my low trades.
    If Brown plays, I'll trade Norman to DCE/Widdop/Cleary.
    If Brown doesn't play, I'll trade him to JBrom/Merrin.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed May 31, 2017 1:25 am

He still has some value left, in that he plays 2 big bye rounds. But its a trade off of points or $$ as he is pretty much at his peak price. If you hold him for byes you'll get a points boost but when you sell him it will be for less cash
    pm888
    pm888

Post by pm888 Wed May 31, 2017 1:26 am

Rapture_NRL wrote:Hey guys, looking for a bit of advice!

I'm too broke to upgrade to a solid 2RF, so I decided to nerf two of my CTR/WFBs with the hopes that I can upgrade CHN to a gun next week. Smart move? My forwards look like this atm:

FRF: R James, Vaughan (Yates, Fai)
    2RF:JT, N Brown, Whitehead, CHN (r) (Crichton, Surgess)

I brought Brown in as a gun (scores over 50 at Lock) and wanted to upgrade CHN, but CHN looks like he's starting and I only had 27k before nerfing my CTR/WFBs.. now I have 177k

depends on which ctr/wfbs you downgraded, whether they have good byes or if they are nprs. you look well prepared for the second bye with 3 big names (vaughn,james and taumo).

so maybe chn isnt the biggest issue at the moment. you could even cash him out if other parts of your team are lacking.

also a yates to jbrom may be useful in the byes

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed May 31, 2017 1:27 am

Milchcow wrote:

Its only 2 years ago you had Klemmer telling Corey Parker to "fuck off you old cunt"

I'm sure there will be plenty of instances of players being dicks towards each other tonight too. And then Thaiday can be 3rd man in to whatever gets started.

I think there is a fair bit of genuine dislike between a few qld and nsw players. There is plenty of fuel there.

The whole "hated each other" thing gets played up as if NONE of them were mates back in teh 80s and 90s. Many of them were, many of them were teammates at club level, just like they are now. Its no different. They had much bigger/longer Kangaroo tours back then too.
    quicksand
    quicksand

Post by quicksand Wed May 31, 2017 2:03 am

Milchcow wrote:
    For sash.

CHN and KNik out, Tedesco and Merrin in.
    Unless you want to take a punt on DEdwards

that would leave the halves too thin.
    maybe CHN to Merrin and KNik to Munster, would leave almost enough to turn Cotric into Tedesco next week ?
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Wed May 31, 2017 2:17 am

All this talk of team values around 9.5mill and i'm at a lowly 8.9 with 100k in the bank.

I missed CHN, ponga and hess so i guess that's why, also had TRD, abbey, talakai and I papali as failed cows sitting around. Still, sitting in at 2600ish this round so can't have been that bad...should have been so much better though
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed May 31, 2017 2:41 am

quicksand wrote:

that would leave the halves too thin.
    maybe CHN to Merrin and KNik to Munster, would leave almost enough to turn Cotric into Tedesco next week ?

Better
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed May 31, 2017 2:43 am

filthridden wrote:I'm thinking if Brown plays, I kinda have to keep him given my low trades.
    If Brown plays, I'll trade Norman to DCE/Widdop/Cleary.
    If Brown doesn't play, I'll trade him to JBrom/Merrin.

Isn't Norman due back next week? If Brown plays I'm inclined to sell. Early rib shot 10pt score he's losing +50k
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed May 31, 2017 2:45 am

ET-Merrin?

I would do it, but ET plays R15.

I suppose Merrin could score more points in the next two rounds than ET over the next 3, however he could just as easily not.
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Wed May 31, 2017 3:10 am

Finch wrote:ET-Merrin?

I would do it, but ET plays R15.

I suppose Merrin could score more points in the next two rounds than ET over the next 3, however he could just as easily not.

ET plays one bye round and so does Merrin. They'll both play the same amount of games so it'll just come down to whether or not you want to fast-track the trade or wait until after 15.
    For me I still think Merrin's a wait and see. Origin selection was coming up and he went all out, perhaps in hope of getting selected. Since he didn't, maybe he'll be back to the Krispy Kremes so I personally think it's worth waiting to see how he performs without Origin selection on the line.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed May 31, 2017 3:11 am

Johnny B Goode wrote:

ET plays one bye round and so does Merrin. They'll both play the same amount of games so it'll just come down to whether or not you want to fast-track the trade or wait until after 15.  

yes, but if you went ET to Merrin after round 15 then you avoid their byes entirely.

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:22 am