NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 44

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 44 - Page 3 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 44

Post by White Lightning Fri May 26, 2017 10:40 am

For those lining up Fuimaono for round 12 because he's starting. Will you still do so if they do a late switch & start Burns & move Fuimaono back to the bench.
    Loomer
    Loomer

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 44 - Page 3 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 44

Post by Loomer Fri May 26, 2017 10:57 am

White Lightning wrote:For those lining up Fuimaono for round 12 because he's starting. Will you still do so if they do a late switch & start Burns & move Fuimaono back to the bench.

His score would probably be similar anyway
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri May 26, 2017 10:58 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Good team, I agree, but not particularly well placed for the byes. It looks like 10 this week (2 of which Cook and Klokstad shouldn't be expected to score much).

How's your money situation mate? If you are going ok there then it might be worth holding (and taking a risk on) either CHN or Kaufusis (perhaps the later) . Kaufusi has a great bye schedule so will give you points in 15 and 18 (trade him out in 19). That allows you an extra trade this week to work on some of the red dots I reckon.

Agree CHN should probably go (how much cash u got, can u get Mannering?, and I like the Idris Fuimaono trade, - but I think you need to make Cook a priority. I reckon you need to dump Brown or Fifita - get in a guy that suits the make up of your team for the byes, and hopefully generate some cash to go Cook to McInnes next week?

Cheers R & T. With F. Kaufusi he is a trade imo because he won't play 80 minutes (about 60) with Harris back now & with a b/e of 65 he'll bleed cash. Even though he plays rounds 15 & 18 he would of lost a lot of value when you want to sell him. I'm prepared to hold Brown 1 more week to get a clearer picture next week but if he is out long term he's a sell. Previous fantasy experiences say to me hold Fifita. Agreed he provides a cash injection but it never works out saying yeah I'll buy him back because you always end up burning trades over the bye period then injuries happen & you are left with insufficient trades/money to get him back. I think I just have to wear my Cook pick due to his byes but if I need to sell Brown I could use Brown to upgrade Cook. Yeah Fuimaono looks good but will they make a last minute switch & start Burns & move Fuimaono back to the bench.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri May 26, 2017 11:02 am

Loomer wrote:

His score would probably be similar anyway

Yeah you're probably right but to me he's a 20-25 point scorer.

Post by Guest Fri May 26, 2017 11:02 am

ugh this weeks trades would be a lot easier if all the guns worth having for byes weren't projected to drop 15k
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri May 26, 2017 11:08 am

That bloody souths lineup is a confusing one, as usual. If Musgrove slips into the 17 I might reverse the cash out to Lindsay Collins and go Nikorima -> Nu Brown instead. That would be a lock if Nikorima does indeed come off the bench (though even off the bench he should play 40 mins and could score well in that time).

At least I'll know first up if Musgrove plays (probably good for 30 pts if so), hopefully the Broncos give some clear information this afternoon on whether or not there will be a late switch.

I'm intrigued by people wanting to trade out Mcguire already. He only misses 3 games, and has been pretty damn reliable. Loose plans - he becomes my 4th reserve, and if all goes well he would become an upgrade at the end of bye period.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri May 26, 2017 11:12 am

itsJay wrote:VHolmes likely to get goal kicking duties while Maloney is on origin duties. Does that tempt anyone further to bring him in this week?

10-20 points extra over the course of a month. Not really anything to get excited about
    itsJay
    itsJay

Post by itsJay Fri May 26, 2017 11:33 am

Milchcow wrote:

10-20 points extra over the course of a month. Not really anything to get excited about
    some people see him as a keeper so at $370k it may be worth a punt. I'd prefer more proven players myself
    Babou
    Babou

Post by Babou Fri May 26, 2017 11:43 am

112k banked Chambers to Croker, Fifita to Graham and either Wallace NBrown or Mcguire to Burgess. Are these decent trades and who out of the 3 to Burgess?

Smith Pritchard
    Mcguire Fifita Wallace Esse
    De Belin Crichton Whitehead Bodene Nbrown Stone
    Cwalker Niko Littlejohn Hampton
    Chambers Sione Fuimaono Kelly
    RTS Cotric Hayne Suli Burns

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 26, 2017 11:44 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    The thought behind brining in NuBrown is to generate some money for future trades. Currently have Milf, Niko and Frawley. Niko will become Munster hopefully next weekend. So happy with Munster and Milf for now.

The money made will also allow me to get in LoLo and JDB next round or one of them the round after.

Fair enough. Well if getting Lolo and JDB are your priorities then you may have answered your own Q huh?

Walker is obviously a risk too given the way he's playing, but if he fires again you wouldn't wanna be without him. I've grabbed him as he is a must given the makeup of my team. Just need those points over those tough bye rounds.

Good luck either way mate!
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri May 26, 2017 11:53 am

I am completely fucked, can anyone give me advice?

Smith Brailey
    Fifita Brown Wallace Yates
    Surgess Crichton Bodene Kaufusi Elliot CHN
    Niko Frawley Lamb Norman
    Croker SMat Fui Kelly
    RTS Slater Cotric Ponga Suli

20 trades 249K.

Went Norman to SJ for one. I really only wanted to use 2 trades to go hard in the next couple of byes but Brown has left me stuck. I've pulled rib cartilage just doing heavy weight lifting and it's terrible and took weeks to heal. I can't imagine playing a contact sport with it, so it's hard to see Brown back at full strength for some weeks.

Him being out has screwed my front row. Was thinking of going all YOLO and going Brown to Semi via DPP's which would give me 400K odd for two major upgrades next week, either McInnes and Tolo, although will have to run Yates or Kaufusi in the front row for next week depending on who I trade, unless I get Graham next week. Don't know if I'm fucking my team doing that. SMat could go to second row for the time being as running Croker and Cotric in the centres isn't a problem.

The more I think, the more I confuse and doubt myself.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Fri May 26, 2017 12:01 pm

Is Taumalolo worth the 100k premium over Merrin? If I get lolo over Merin it would mean I'd long term be either burning 2 extra trades cashing out cows that haven't produced, or running with someone like Suli as an 18th man instead of my current plan of having Wallace 18th man.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri May 26, 2017 12:01 pm

In relation to Semi, Jennings out for a month with Taka on the inside of him. Semi could see a lot more opportunities.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri May 26, 2017 12:02 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:Is Taumalolo worth the 100k premium over Merrin? If I get lolo over Merin it would mean I'd long term be either burning 2 extra trades cashing out cows that haven't produced, or running with someone like Suli as an 18th man instead of my current plan of having Wallace 18th man.

Hard to say. Merrin could get a recall in SOO, but looking not likely at this stage. Depends on Lolo's minutes really. I think I'd spend the extra on Tolo to be honest.
    itsJay
    itsJay

Post by itsJay Fri May 26, 2017 12:06 pm

Babou wrote:112k banked Chambers to Croker, Fifita to Graham and either Wallace NBrown or Mcguire to Burgess. Are these decent trades and who out of the 3 to Burgess?

Smith Pritchard
    Mcguire Fifita Wallace Esse
    De Belin Crichton Whitehead Bodene Nbrown Stone
    Cwalker Niko Littlejohn Hampton
    Chambers Sione Fuimaono Kelly
    RTS Cotric Hayne Suli Burns

I'm assuming your fixing up your halves via Niko next week? Using Hayne while he's playing centre for titans is a bit underwhelming too.
    I'd rather see you do something like:
    Suli -> Holmes/Gordon/Latrell
    Fifita -> Graham
    NBrown -> Burgess
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri May 26, 2017 12:14 pm

wolfking wrote:In relation to Semi, Jennings out for a month with Taka on the inside of him.  Semi could see a lot more opportunities.

Yes you are right & Radradra is a pod punt by my hesitation is that he plays for an out of form team who are mid table & I expect Souths to flog them tonight so I don't expect him to score that well. However what's not to like when he's cheap & under valued & if monies tight why not.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri May 26, 2017 12:19 pm

White Lightning wrote:

Yes you are right & Radradra is a pod punt by my hesitation is that he plays for an out of form team who are mid table & I expect Souths to flog them tonight so I don't expect him to score that well. However what's not to like when he's cheap & under valued & if monies tight why not.

I'm not expecting Souths to flog anyone really, but I was happy they put in a good effort last week.

Fuck it, I'm ditching Brown for Semi, luxury trade but fuck it. Then I can use SMat in the 2RF next week when Surgess and Crichton are out.  I got Brown just for the bye rounds, so I'll swap to another Eel bye player just because.  Have 399K so next week I can get 2 guns.  Might use my third trade and go Kaufusi to Graham but might do that next week then get Tolo for CHN.

I might even keep Kaufusi and take the money hit so I can use him for 15 and 18.
    itsJay
    itsJay

Post by itsJay Fri May 26, 2017 12:27 pm

wolfking wrote:I am completely fucked, can anyone give me advice?

Smith Brailey
    Fifita Brown Wallace Yates
    Surgess Crichton Bodene Kaufusi Elliot CHN
    Niko Frawley Lamb Norman
    Croker SMat Fui Kelly
    RTS Slater Cotric Ponga Suli

20 trades 249K.

Went Norman to SJ for one.  I really only wanted to use 2 trades to go hard in the next couple of byes but Brown has left me stuck.  I've pulled rib cartilage just doing heavy weight lifting and it's terrible and took weeks to heal.  I can't imagine playing a contact sport with it, so it's hard to see Brown back at full strength for some weeks.

Him being out has screwed my front row.  Was thinking of going all YOLO and going Brown to Semi via DPP's which would give me 400K odd for two major upgrades next week, either McInnes and Tolo, although will have to run Yates or Kaufusi in the front row for next week depending on who I trade, unless I get Graham next week.  Don't know if I'm fucking my team doing that.  SMat could go to second row for the time being as running Croker and Cotric in the centres isn't a problem.

The more I think, the more I confuse and doubt myself.

Your overall team value is great but you have too many mid rangers. Picking up Semi is a gamble when you can easily upgrade Ponga + ~$50k to any gun WFB of your choosing. I know I'd be happier to see Teddy/Nofo/Rapana/Cwalker in my backline than Semi.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri May 26, 2017 12:34 pm

itsJay wrote:

Your overall team value is great but you have too many mid rangers. Picking up Semi is a gamble when you can easily upgrade Ponga + ~$50k to any gun WFB of your choosing. I know I'd be happier to see Teddy/Nofo/Rapana/Cwalker in my backline than Semi.

Arrggh!! I know, you're right mate.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Fri May 26, 2017 12:38 pm

wolfking wrote:In relation to Semi, Jennings out for a month with Taka on the inside of him.  Semi could see a lot more opportunities.

Shhhhh!

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:40 am