NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 44

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 44 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 44

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri May 26, 2017 7:57 am

Do I take the punt on NuBrown if it means I can get LoLo and JDB in for Whitehead and Yates/Musgrove next week?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 44 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 44

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 26, 2017 7:58 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Stil l can't decide on this last trade. Smith and CHN > Friend and Gallen locked in.

Norman to Walker, NuBrown or Watson???

Walker as opposed to NuBrown/Watson are such widely different trades. Where are you at with your thinking longer term? I reckon that will answer your question. I mean the later options (which I am not a fan of anyway largely because of the AE risk), are clearly geared towards bringing in a gun or two in the next couple weeks + a few bonus bye round points. Is that your thinking? and if so how does that compare to bringing in a gun (hopefully) in Walker this week? Also who are your other Halves? do the later options require a further trade to shore up your halves later (to ensure you have 2 guns for the rest of the season?)

I have to say without knowing the bigger picture for your team and your strategy (which it seems you are not set on yet either) Im just not sure how anyone could give you any advice between those trades, since they are fundamentally 2 completely different strategies. My suggestion is you chuck the two different alternatives into a bye planner, where you can project points totals, and see how things shape up and at the same time look how your final 17 is taking shape as well as your trade numbers...

Hope that hasn't come across too harshly mate, just trying to help!
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Fri May 26, 2017 7:59 am

White Lightning wrote:

Cheers mate. Here it is with 13k bank

Smith, Cook
    Fifita, Brown, F. Kaufusi, Wallace
    JDB, Surgess, Crichton, Gallen, Elliot, CHN
    SJ, Lamb, Klokstad, Field
    Croker, Mitchell, Kelly, Idris
    RTS, Slater, Cotric, R. Jennings, Abbey

Go for your life mate.

Wow, you have quite a good team. This is really hard because you really need to upgrade Cook and Lamb (preferably next week). I really think Idris to fui does you well money wise and potential points and cash making. Probably Kaufusi to Graham. Cash CHN out because you are stacked here and he misses 2 of the next 4 games (Nat butcher if he comes into 17 or even capewell but you may be short in round 13). This gives you cash and options to upgrade one of Lamb/Cook and cash out Jennings possibly.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 26, 2017 7:59 am

GreenMachine wrote:

People love this george Fai

Screw that guy.

They're my thoughts Coffee

You watch, he's gonna bang out a 2 try 70 now against the chumps that call themselves Warriors!

Edit: Except for Mannering - the only guy with half brain and any ticker in that team!
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Fri May 26, 2017 8:02 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Do I take the punt on NuBrown if it means I can get LoLo and JDB in for Whitehead anid Yates/Musgrove next week?

I did Milf>NuBro so I could get Gallen and funds for trades next week. It's a no brainer if he plays 80 in 12 and 15 and disappears. Worst case scenario is he is so bad he gets dropped after one game
    Spuddies
    Spuddies

Post by Spuddies Fri May 26, 2017 8:03 am

Ok.

Trades this week are:
    McGuire to Graham
    Lamb to Nu Brown
    CHN to Gallen

I'm keeping Brown and Smith.

Team looks like:
    Graham
    Gallen (C) Whitehead Surgess (VC) Crichton Elliot
    Johnson Walker F.Brown
    Cotric Fuimaono
    RTS Burns

13 playing. I'm over thinking about byes.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri May 26, 2017 8:05 am

Loomer wrote:

I did Milf>NuBro so I could get Gallen and funds for trades next week. It's a no brainer if he plays 80 in 12 and 15 and disappears. Worst case scenario is he is so bad he gets dropped after one game
    have you got cover for Milf next round? And whoever Gallen is replacing? You are losing 2 players for R13 otherwise
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri May 26, 2017 8:06 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Walker as opposed to NuBrown/Watson are such widely different trades. Where are you at with your thinking longer term? I reckon that will answer your question. I mean the later options (which I am not a fan of anyway largely because of the AE risk), are clearly geared towards bringing in a gun or two in the next couple weeks + a few bonus bye round points. Is that your thinking? and if so how does that compare to bringing in a gun (hopefully) in Walker this week? Also who are your other Halves? do the later options require a further trade to shore up your halves later (to ensure you have 2 guns for the rest of the season?)

I have to say without knowing the bigger picture for your team and your strategy (which it seems you are not set on yet either) Im just not sure how anyone could give you any advice between those trades, since they are fundamentally 2 completely different strategies. My suggestion is you chuck the two different alternatives into a bye planner, where you can project points totals, and see how things shape up and at the same time look how your final 17 is taking shape as well as your trade numbers...

Hope that hasn't come across too harshly mate, just trying to help!
    The thought behind brining in NuBrown is to generate some money for future trades. Currently have Milf, Niko and Frawley. Niko will become Munster hopefully next weekend. So happy with Munster and Milf for now.

The money made will also allow me to get in LoLo and JDB next round or one of them the round after.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri May 26, 2017 8:07 am

Nrown given 2-6 weeks is a killer.

If he'll play in 15 then I'll hold him. But if he ends up missing until 17 or later then Betty to trade him next week. Maybe to JBrom or Tohu.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Fri May 26, 2017 8:07 am

1 Gallen and Semi or
    2 TKO and CWalker
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 26, 2017 8:10 am

Warriors wrote:

Wow, you have quite a good team. This is really hard because you really need to upgrade Cook and Lamb (preferably next week). I really think Idris to fui does you well money wise and potential points and cash making. Probably Kaufusi to Graham. Cash CHN out because you are stacked here and he misses 2 of the next 4 games (Nat butcher if he comes into 17 or even capewell but you may be short in round 13). This gives you cash and options to upgrade one of Lamb/Cook and cash out Jennings possibly.

Good team, I agree, but not particularly well placed for the byes. It looks like 10 this week (2 of which Cook and Klokstad shouldn't be expected to score much).

How's your money situation mate? If you are going ok there then it might be worth holding (and taking a risk on) either CHN or Kaufusis (perhaps the later) . Kaufusi has a great bye schedule so will give you points in 15 and 18 (trade him out in 19). That allows you an extra trade this week to work on some of the red dots I reckon.

Agree CHN should probably go (how much cash u got, can u get Mannering?, and I like the Idris Fuimaono trade, - but I think you need to make Cook a priority. I reckon you need to dump Brown or Fifita - get in a guy that suits the make up of your team for the byes, and hopefully generate some cash to go Cook to McInnes next week?

itsJay
    itsJay

Post by itsJay Fri May 26, 2017 8:15 am

danseels1985 wrote:

For season long? Vaughan is definitely the better choice, if you have to.

Which you don't... At least not this week. Neither player plays

Tolman does though? Or should I just take McGuires red dot this week and bring in Vaughan for next week?

If you're happy with keeping Tolman in your final 17 then sure otherwise Vaughan has got to be in everyones final 17
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Fri May 26, 2017 8:15 am

Welshy wrote:
    have you got cover for Milf next round? And whoever Gallen is replacing? You are losing 2 players for R13 otherwise

I still have 18. I need to sell Niko>Cody next week so I can loophole
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Fri May 26, 2017 8:20 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Nrown given 2-6 weeks is a killer.

If he'll play in 15 then I'll hold him. But if he ends up missing until 17 or later then Betty to trade him next week. Maybe to JBrom or Tohu.

But that's just NRL Physio twitter account speculating not knowing anything about injury.

That said I injured rib cartilage in December 6-8 weeks to heal. Couldn't sleep for weeks without waking up middle of night in pain. Reinjured exact same spot a month ago but not as bad but it's still sore. I want to play 5 a side football next week but not sure I should risk it. Can't imagine tackling people in NRL for +50 mins after 2 weeks rest

Last edited by Loomer on Fri May 26, 2017 8:25 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : No one knows. People keep posting 2-6 weeks because twitter account NRL)
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Fri May 26, 2017 8:23 am

Warriors wrote:1 Gallen and Semi or
    2 TKO and CWalker

15 is the hardest round to fill for me and Gallen and Semi both play. I got Gallen and Semi this week and plan on Cody and Merrin next week
    itsJay
    itsJay

Post by itsJay Fri May 26, 2017 8:24 am

VHolmes likely to get goal kicking duties while Maloney is on origin duties. Does that tempt anyone further to bring him in this week?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri May 26, 2017 8:24 am

Warriors wrote:

Cheers mate. Yeah Cook is a problem because I expected Farah to play origin but I'm just going to play him over the bye period & hope for the best even though he'll bleed cash & you never know with Peats' injury prone history he could injure himself in origin so Farah will be next cab off the rank. My frf & 2fr is stacked enough so I can downgrade CHN to Fai to bring in Walker & also Fai is good for team flexibility as he's a dpp. I actually don't mind keeping Lamb because now his b/e of 30 is lower than his average of 35 in round 13 when he'll play next. Another reason for getting C. Walker is that I can move him to the halves & not have to play Lamb as I now will have Klokstad & Walker as dpp's. Yeah I did consider Fuimaono over C. Walker but with Burns now in the 17 they could do a late switch & start Burns & move Fui back to the bench but this doesn't solve my depth problem in the halves which C.Walker does.
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Fri May 26, 2017 8:31 am

Ok last question, brown to Mannering or Gallen this week?
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Fri May 26, 2017 8:33 am

danseels1985 wrote:Ok last question, brown to Mannering or Gallen this week?

Gallen plays 12 and 15. Both are final 17 worthy
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri May 26, 2017 8:34 am

danseels1985 wrote:Ok last question, brown to Mannering or Gallen this week?

Definitely Gallen. He plays 2 big bye rounds & Mannering only 1 plus he's been out for 2 weeks with a hamstring injury so it puts him in a risky place for fantasy coaches.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:00 am