NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43 - Page 28 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

Post by Guest Wed 24 May 2017 - 9:19

so many great 2RF only players this year, i have half a mind to run 2 gun FRF, 6 gun 2RF and just hope that Graham & Fifita don't break down
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43 - Page 28 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

Post by White Lightning Wed 24 May 2017 - 9:19

wolfking wrote:Am I crazy for still wanting to hold Norman??

Gee you have more patience than me holding him for 4-5 weeks when you could get in a top shelf half & you'll miss out on 250-300 points in the meantime because you have 468k sitting in your npr's. I would sell mate.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed 24 May 2017 - 9:26

White Lightning wrote:

Gee you have more patience than me holding him for 4-5 weeks when you could get in a top shelf half & you'll miss out on 250-300 points in the meantime because you have 468k sitting in your npr's. I would sell mate.

I know it's pretty stupid. I might bite the bullet and go SJ. I have Ponga too. bounce

If I get SJ, I'm going to do a Felise to Semi trade to still get the funds to get Lolo/JDB and McInnes next week for CHN and Brailey.

Post by Guest Wed 24 May 2017 - 9:26

I don't think Norman will be that great for Fantasy when he's back anyway, half the appeal of him was that he was the only playmaker on that team and he was getting mass points from the team running through him, with Moses in now, i don't see him being involved as much as he was. i think he'll sit around 40-odd average with a couple big scores thrown in
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed 24 May 2017 - 9:29

White Lightning wrote:Thoughts on these trades. It gives me the money to go CHN to Taumalolo with 1 trade in round 13 which will give me a 2fr of Gallen, JDB, Taumalolo, Surgess, Crichton, Elliot.
    Cook out - Pritchard in
    Fifita out - J. Graham in
    F. Kaufusi out - Rochow in

Pritchard
    J. Graham, N. Brown, Rochow
    Gallen (c), Surgess (vc), Crichton, Elliot
    SJ, Klokstad
    Croker, L. Mitchell
    RTS, Cotric

Thoughts & thanks.

I don't like the Rochow trade mate, but I know you are looking for the coin, and he's looked okay and will come in handy for byes. Not much else around that price. You could take a punt on Capewell for cheaper perhaps but job security an issue all round, especially the way Madge has rolled this year.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed 24 May 2017 - 9:30

surmo13 wrote:I don't think Norman will be that great for Fantasy when he's back anyway, half the appeal of him was that he was the only playmaker on that team and he was getting mass points from the team running through him, with Moses in now, i don't see him being involved as much as he was. i think he'll sit around 40-odd average with a couple big scores thrown in

I was thinking he will lose a lot of the kicking to Moses actually. Especially when BA said he will wear the six and Moses the seven.

Walker or SJ?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed 24 May 2017 - 9:31

wolfking wrote:

I know it's pretty stupid.  I might bite the bullet and go SJ.  I have Ponga too. bounce

If I get SJ, I'm going to do a Felise to Semi trade to still get the funds to get Lolo/JDB and McInnes next week for CHN and Brailey.

Good plan mate. Go for it. I would let Ponga go as well soon as he will give you the funds for a gun wfb.
    itsJay
    itsJay

Post by itsJay Wed 24 May 2017 - 9:32

White Lightning wrote:Thoughts on these trades. It gives me the money to go CHN to Taumalolo with 1 trade in round 13 which will give me a 2fr of Gallen, JDB, Taumalolo, Surgess, Crichton, Elliot.
    Cook out - Pritchard in
    Fifita out - J. Graham in
    F. Kaufusi out - Rochow in

Pritchard
    J. Graham, N. Brown, Rochow
    Gallen (c), Surgess (vc), Crichton, Elliot
    SJ, Klokstad
    Croker, L. Mitchell
    RTS, Cotric

Thoughts & thanks.

It'd be easier to give assistance if you guys post your full team. Not sure about that Rochow trade in there

wolfking wrote:Am I crazy for still wanting to hold Norman??

Very crazy to have $460k rotting away on the bench for over a month. Your team depth will need to be pretty amazing to cover that loss
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed 24 May 2017 - 9:36

wolfking wrote:

I don't like the Rochow trade mate, but I know you are looking for the coin, and he's looked okay and will come in handy for byes.  Not much else around that price.  You could take a punt on Capewell for cheaper perhaps but job security an issue all round, especially the way Madge has rolled this year.

Yeah I looked at Capewell/Nu Brown but it doesn't give me a 17 for round 13. Rochow will give me 30-40 points & good byes. When I want to get Fifita back I will use Rochow & Elliot to achieve this. Rochow has a b/e of 26 so he'll make a little bit of money.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed 24 May 2017 - 9:39

Smith Brailey
    Fifita Wallace Kaufusi Yates
    Surgess Crichton Bodene Brown CHN Elliot
    Niko Frawley Norman Lamb
    Croker SMat Kelly Fui
    RTS Cotric Slater Suli Ponga

20 trades 249K

Happy with the 12 I have if Brown plays, but need more funds to go Brailey to McInnes, and CHN to Lolo.  I'm really not keen on trading out Fifi and Smith.  Looking at;

Norman - SJ
    Felise - Semi via DPP

or just Norman - Walker that would give me heaps of cash to upgrade next week.

I guess I could just go Norman to SJ this week, then I should still have enough if I go next week;

Felise - Lolo/JDB
    Brialey - McInnes

EDIT: No I wouldn't, have to scrap that idea, would have to do the Semi trade regardless if I get SJ.

Kind of want Semi I think.  Would prefer only using 2 trades max also.

Last edited by wolfking on Wed 24 May 2017 - 9:43; edited 2 times in total
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed 24 May 2017 - 9:40

White Lightning wrote:

Yeah I looked at Capewell/Nu Brown but it doesn't give me a 17 for round 13. Rochow will give me 30-40 points & good byes. When I want to get Fifita back I will use Rochow & Elliot to achieve this. Rochow has a b/e of 26 so he'll make a little bit of money.

Bunnies have a bye in round 13 too don't forget mate.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed 24 May 2017 - 9:49

I didn't want to let Fifita go but what swayed it was he only plays 1 of the next 4 games. Plus I'm getting in Taumalolo in round 13 who's the same sort of boom player. Eventually I'll downgrade Elliot & upgrade Rochow to get Fifita back. Taking my round 12 & 13 trades into a/c this will be my team in round 13:

Smith, Pritchard
    J. Graham, N. Brown, Wallace, Rochow
    Gallen, JDB, Taumalolo, Surgess, Crichton, Elliot
    SJ, Lamb, Klokstad, Field
    Croker, L. Mitchell, Kelly, Idris
    Slater, RTS, Cotric, R. Jennings, Abbey.

Obviously I need to start addressing my backs & especially getting a quality 2nd half but I'm starting to see a bit of promise in Lamb & he was very unlucky he didn't score 50+ against the Panthers.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed 24 May 2017 - 9:53

wolfking wrote:

Bunnies have a bye in round 13 too don't forget mate.

Also the main reason I didn't go Capewell was because he's a 2fr & if I had of got him there would of been no room in my 2fr to get Lolo. Rochow is a dpp so I can stick him in the frf & get in Taumalolo for CHN.
    itsJay
    itsJay

Post by itsJay Wed 24 May 2017 - 9:55

wolfking wrote:Smith Brailey
    Fifita Wallace Kaufusi Yates
    Surgess Crichton Bodene Brown CHN Elliot
    Niko Frawley Norman Lamb
    Croker SMat Kelly Fui
    RTS Cotric Slater Suli Ponga

20 trades 249K

Happy with the 12 I have if Brown plays, but need more funds to go Brailey to McInnes, and CHN to Lolo.  I'm really not keen on trading out Fifi and Smith.  Looking at;

Norman - SJ
    Felise - Semi via DPP

or just Norman - Walker that would give me heaps of cash to upgrade next week.

I guess I could just go Norman to SJ this week, then I should still have enough if I go next week;

Felise - Lolo/JDB
    Brialey - McInnes

EDIT: No I wouldn't, have to scrap that idea, would have to do the Semi trade regardless if I get SJ.

Kind of want Semi I think.  Would prefer only using 2 trades max also.

dafuq, you have $249k in bank and you wanted to carry Norman for over a month too?
    Time to make use of your cash:

Norman -> SJ
    Ponga -> Semi
    CHN -> GTrain

That should leave you $ for next week to do Brailey -> McInnes or Felise to lolo/jdb
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Wed 24 May 2017 - 10:05

What do you guys think of this team for the run home?

Hopefully Elliott and Stone can make me a heap more cash and in several weeks time I can go:
    Elliott to De Belin and Stone to Taumalolo
    Maybe Cotric to T. Trbojevic or J Roberts when he returns, depending on Cotric's form.
    And RTS to Munster or Rapana?

Would give me a close to final team of this going into the last part of the season.

C. Smith (c), (A. McCullough)
    J. Graham, N. Brown
    S. Burgess, P. Gallen, J. Taumalolo*, (J. De Belin*), (A. Crichton) (E. Whitehead)
    S. Johnson, A. Reynolds
    J. Hayne, J. Roberts*
    J. Tedesco, J. Rapana*, C. Walker.

What do you guys think?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed 24 May 2017 - 10:09

Thanks for the advice guys, making me see sense of it all. It is silly to leave Norman there, cheers.

Cheers Jay I will crunch the numbers.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed 24 May 2017 - 10:17

If you are trading in Rochow, how long do you expect him to stay in the team for?

If Gurgess can go 2 weeks without getting injured/suspended he'd be a strong chance to start again. Musgrove could easily force his way back into the team.

Rochow seems to be a fair bit of cash without enough security.
    Fraser
    Fraser

Post by Fraser Wed 24 May 2017 - 10:22

Is field > Nu Brown worth a trade purely for an extra bye round player?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed 24 May 2017 - 10:23

Onthebeatpete wrote:What do you guys think of this team for the run home?

Hopefully Elliott and Stone can make me a heap more cash and in several weeks time I can go:
    Elliott to De Belin and Stone to Taumalolo
    Maybe Cotric to T. Trbojevic or J Roberts when he returns, depending on Cotric's form.
    And RTS to Munster or Rapana?

Would give me a close to final team of this going into the last part of the season.

C. Smith (c), (A. McCullough)
    J. Graham, N. Brown
    S. Burgess, P. Gallen, J. Taumalolo*, (J. De Belin*), (A. Crichton) (E. Whitehead)
    S. Johnson, A. Reynolds
    J. Hayne, J. Roberts*
    J. Tedesco, J. Rapana*, C. Walker.

What do you guys think?

Its a fairly solid final 17.

Of those I think Hayne and Whitehead are the ones that could most do with an upgrade.
    If you could get the funds for Whitehead to Fifita that would be a big improvement, and I suspect Hayne won't score consistently well enough and other options might be better
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed 24 May 2017 - 10:26

Just decided I want Merrin in my final team and with BE of 16 will have to get next week which means selling Whitehead who I'd planned to sell for Tofu for 15

Current date/time is Thu 9 May 2024 - 8:50