NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Pieman
    Pieman

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 41 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by Pieman Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:22 am

youre acting like it's all made up
    The evidence is in the fact that he paid them 50 to make it go away.

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 41 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:28 pm

Pieman wrote:youre acting like it's all made up
    The evidence is in the fact that he paid them 50 to make it go away.

like i said in the other thread, paying what amounts to settlement thankfully has not, is not and will never be an admission of guilt, all we know is that he paid 30k, what it was for is pure speculation on everyone's behalf, hell the lawyer he hired states no-one was paid anything and the 30k was the fee he charged Fifita to represent him in the agreement. it's entirely possible he did hide something, but it's also entirely possible that a bloke who stands to earn a metric fuckton per year gets told he can A) pay 30k for a release or B) take on the possibility of fighting a 2-year jail sentence over an incident that he's already admitted he has little to no memory of, in a country who's legal history with foreign tourists is INCREDIBLY suspect, and finds option A to be the overwhelmingly more favourable option, regardless of whether he believes something happened or not.

so what the NRL are left with is no charges, no evidence and a grainy as fuck security camera where no-one can be identified and the supposed incident happens off-camera, but i'm sure RLPA would love the NRL suspending a player for something with exactly zero actual proof or evidence that he did that thing they're suspended him for.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:07 pm

surmo13 wrote:

would love to know this long list of players who were suspended stemming from an incident with no charges and no conclusive evidence that they did what they were accused of.

Fifita was charged, spent 3 days in gaol and then paid to get them dropped. A quick list of players who werent charged or were charged and later dropped or not guilty without paying them off.

Dylan Napa (fined not suspended)
    Mitchell Pearce
    Brett Stewart
    Bulldogs mad monday
    Jacob Loko (for his fight with Taufua)
    David and Andrew Fifita

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:28 pm

Shanbon wrote:

Fifita was charged, spent 3 days in gaol and then paid to get them dropped. A quick list of players who werent charged or were charged and later dropped or not guilty without paying them off.

Dylan Napa (fined not suspended) video evidence
    Mitchell Pearce video evidence
    Brett Stewart charged and trialed
    Bulldogs mad monday Mountains of video and photographic evidence
    Jacob Loko (for his fight with Taufua) video evidence
    David and Andrew Fifita evidence in the form of multiple eye-witnesses

Try again, all of those suspensions have either got evidence or charges backing them, Fifita wasn't charged with anything, he was detained and then released without charge, if there were charges or if there were actual footage of him smacking the guard around, he would be suspended, but there's not either of those things.

No charges + no evidence = no suspension. Presumption of innocence is not a hard concept to understand.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:32 am

surmo13 wrote:

like i said in the other thread, paying what amounts to settlement thankfully has not, is not and will never be an admission of guilt, all we know is that he paid 30k, what it was for is pure speculation on everyone's behalf, hell the lawyer he hired states no-one was paid anything and the 30k was the fee he charged Fifita to represent him in the agreement. it's entirely possible he did hide something, but it's also entirely possible that a bloke who stands to earn a metric fuckton per year gets told he can A) pay 30k for a release or B) take on the possibility of fighting a 2-year jail sentence over an incident that he's already admitted he has little to no memory of, in a country who's legal history with foreign tourists is INCREDIBLY suspect, and finds option A to be the overwhelmingly more favourable option, regardless of whether he believes something happened or not.

so what the NRL are left with is no charges, no evidence and a grainy as fuck security camera where no-one can be identified and the supposed incident happens off-camera, but i'm sure RLPA would love the NRL suspending a player for something with exactly zero actual proof or evidence that he did that thing they're suspended him for.

Yeah you are right mate nothing happened at all
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:59 am

dasherhalo wrote:Dude, I'm 44, and I'm scratching my head. Haven't seen it, so..... blow in? Really??

I've heard about the St George empire too.... didn't see it personally.

Amazing we only really hack on the Brisbane "empire", yeah?

If it's bait, it's good bait.

Brisbane had an empire??
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:44 am

I fear this year. Expectations through the roof and overblown for mine. We should compete for the top 4. No Finals appearance will be a failure. Given our departure from the finals last year at the hands of Non-grand finalist the Storm, we still have a way to go.

Injuries will be key. We were very fortunate last year to not have too many out for extended periods. Save for Nathan And Dylan Brown.

I'm excited for the year ahead but also very nervous.
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri May 29, 2020 8:20 am

Footy is back. Good times. I make that 92-6 over our last two games v Brisbane. Not bad. Looked ok. Happy with the way our underrated pack performed against the self proclaimed best young pack in the game. Still, season has plenty of matches left and if any team can find a way for it to unravel, the Eels can.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri May 29, 2020 10:18 am

its always great seeing brissy get flogged, but I dont really like that new 6 again rule!!

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2020 10:23 am

Ice wrote:Footy is back. Good times. I make that 92-6 over our last two games v Brisbane. Not bad. Looked ok. Happy with the way our underrated pack performed against the self proclaimed best young pack in the game. Still, season has plenty of matches left and if any team can find a way for it to unravel, the Eels can.

of which 2 of the best weren't even playing, 1 was coming off the bench from a long and pretty serious injury lay-off and our captain spent the second half in hospital, but the winners do write the history books I guess.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:15 am

yeah mate Alex Glenn would have made all the difference in that game lol
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:16 am

Staggs is a bolter for a NSW jersey though.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:20 am

surmo13 wrote:

of which 2 of the best weren't even playing, 1 was coming off the bench from a long and pretty serious injury lay-off and our captain spent the second half in hospital, but the winners do write the history books I guess.

To be fair, i thínk Brisbane are a much better side than that. And yep, you guys we're missing two keys forwards and we were also missing our best forward. And round three wins count for little, but still, it's always nice giving you guys a little touch up, it doesn't happen much.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:03 am

Great game, resolve shown for a good win. Our best of the year easily. Still long season ahead.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:49 am

More wins than all QLD teams combined.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:48 pm

Wasn't too bad

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 41 AFSMTqk
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed May 05, 2021 9:43 am

Bunmping this back to near the top of the threads, where it should be early season before it falls away at the back end.

Going okay, apart from the Dragons blemish. Good test this week will be a decent indication of where we sit.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Wed May 26, 2021 3:56 pm

The inevitable mid season slide for Parra? Much like the Tigers being $1.01 to finish 9th?

Don't worry, Broncos are working on our own repeatable season statistics.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:55 pm

Yeah, Manly with a red hot Turbo, Souths bouncing back after getting hammered the previous week, no Dylan Brown Waqa and Fergo on the left edge instead of Niukore, who'd been great in the centres, I'm not entirely surprised by the last two weeks. But really need to bounce back this week.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:37 pm

I wish we could move Blake on, sick of him cutting back inside and never setting his winger up, his only positive in attack at the moment is Moses chip/bomb over to him to knock down for someone coming through.

I don’t think Parra can match with Panthers or Storm come finals time and not much coming in next year again, we are starting to look a little stagnant. I wouldn’t mind looking at a couple of guys who are out of form will come at cut price rates and would add to the team. I think Milford on a 1 year deal for 300-350k to play 14 could really add something, I think we need an attacking spark like the Storm do with Hynes now and Papy previously(Conner Watson or Tex Hoy also options for this role). I would look at Napa for the same value to come off the bench with Oregon Kaufusi, we might not need such big minutes from Paulo and Reg then. Save some burn out at the back end of the year(Fletcher Baker a good back up plan) I know the club loves what Lane brings off the field but on it he looks disinterested since moving into the middle, I’d let him look around for an early release with Blake(penisini will step into his spot)

I think they might be unpopular moves but would definitely improve the team

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:13 am