NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

    Pieman
    Pieman

    Posts : 3532
    Reputation : 383
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 41 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

    Post by Pieman on Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:22 am

    youre acting like it's all made up
    The evidence is in the fact that he paid them 50 to make it go away.
    surmo13
    surmo13

    Posts : 3690
    Reputation : 1015
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 41 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

    Post by surmo13 on Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:28 pm

    @Pieman wrote:youre acting like it's all made up
    The evidence is in the fact that he paid them 50 to make it go away.

    like i said in the other thread, paying what amounts to settlement thankfully has not, is not and will never be an admission of guilt, all we know is that he paid 30k, what it was for is pure speculation on everyone's behalf, hell the lawyer he hired states no-one was paid anything and the 30k was the fee he charged Fifita to represent him in the agreement. it's entirely possible he did hide something, but it's also entirely possible that a bloke who stands to earn a metric fuckton per year gets told he can A) pay 30k for a release or B) take on the possibility of fighting a 2-year jail sentence over an incident that he's already admitted he has little to no memory of, in a country who's legal history with foreign tourists is INCREDIBLY suspect, and finds option A to be the overwhelmingly more favourable option, regardless of whether he believes something happened or not.

    so what the NRL are left with is no charges, no evidence and a grainy as fuck security camera where no-one can be identified and the supposed incident happens off-camera, but i'm sure RLPA would love the NRL suspending a player for something with exactly zero actual proof or evidence that he did that thing they're suspended him for.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

    Posts : 2742
    Reputation : 397
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 41 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

    Post by Shanbon on Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:07 pm

    @surmo13 wrote:

    would love to know this long list of players who were suspended stemming from an incident with no charges and no conclusive evidence that they did what they were accused of.

    Fifita was charged, spent 3 days in gaol and then paid to get them dropped. A quick list of players who werent charged or were charged and later dropped or not guilty without paying them off.


    Dylan Napa (fined not suspended)
    Mitchell Pearce
    Brett Stewart
    Bulldogs mad monday
    Jacob Loko (for his fight with Taufua)
    David and Andrew Fifita



    surmo13
    surmo13

    Posts : 3690
    Reputation : 1015
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 41 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

    Post by surmo13 on Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:28 pm

    @Shanbon wrote:

    Fifita was charged, spent 3 days in gaol and then paid to get them dropped. A quick list of players who werent charged or were charged and later dropped or not guilty without paying them off.


    Dylan Napa (fined not suspended) video evidence
    Mitchell Pearce video evidence
    Brett Stewart charged and trialed
    Bulldogs mad monday Mountains of video and photographic evidence
    Jacob Loko (for his fight with Taufua) video evidence
    David and Andrew Fifita evidence in the form of multiple eye-witnesses




    Try again, all of those suspensions have either got evidence or charges backing them, Fifita wasn't charged with anything, he was detained and then released without charge, if there were charges or if there were actual footage of him smacking the guard around, he would be suspended, but there's not either of those things.

    No charges + no evidence = no suspension. Presumption of innocence is not a hard concept to understand.
    Pieman
    Pieman

    Posts : 3532
    Reputation : 383
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 41 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

    Post by Pieman on Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:32 am

    @surmo13 wrote:

    like i said in the other thread, paying what amounts to settlement thankfully has not, is not and will never be an admission of guilt, all we know is that he paid 30k, what it was for is pure speculation on everyone's behalf, hell the lawyer he hired states no-one was paid anything and the 30k was the fee he charged Fifita to represent him in the agreement. it's entirely possible he did hide something, but it's also entirely possible that a bloke who stands to earn a metric fuckton per year gets told he can A) pay 30k for a release or B) take on the possibility of fighting a 2-year jail sentence over an incident that he's already admitted he has little to no memory of, in a country who's legal history with foreign tourists is INCREDIBLY suspect, and finds option A to be the overwhelmingly more favourable option, regardless of whether he believes something happened or not.

    so what the NRL are left with is no charges, no evidence and a grainy as fuck security camera where no-one can be identified and the supposed incident happens off-camera, but i'm sure RLPA would love the NRL suspending a player for something with exactly zero actual proof or evidence that he did that thing they're suspended him for.

    Yeah you are right mate nothing happened at all
    avatar
    Ice

    Posts : 1516
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 41 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

    Post by Ice on Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:59 am

    @dasherhalo wrote:Dude, I'm 44, and I'm scratching my head. Haven't seen it, so..... blow in? Really??

    I've heard about the St George empire too.... didn't see it personally.

    Amazing we only really hack on the Brisbane "empire", yeah?

    If it's bait, it's good bait.

    Brisbane had an empire??
    avatar
    Ice

    Posts : 1516
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 41 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

    Post by Ice on Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:44 am

    I fear this year. Expectations through the roof and overblown for mine. We should compete for the top 4. No Finals appearance will be a failure. Given our departure from the finals last year at the hands of Non-grand finalist the Storm, we still have a way to go.

    Injuries will be key. We were very fortunate last year to not have too many out for extended periods. Save for Nathan And Dylan Brown.

    I'm excited for the year ahead but also very nervous.
    avatar
    Ice

    Posts : 1516
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 41 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

    Post by Ice on Fri May 29, 2020 8:20 am

    Footy is back. Good times. I make that 92-6 over our last two games v Brisbane. Not bad. Looked ok. Happy with the way our underrated pack performed against the self proclaimed best young pack in the game. Still, season has plenty of matches left and if any team can find a way for it to unravel, the Eels can.
    Pieman
    Pieman

    Posts : 3532
    Reputation : 383
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 41 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

    Post by Pieman on Fri May 29, 2020 10:18 am

    its always great seeing brissy get flogged, but I dont really like that new 6 again rule!!
    surmo13
    surmo13

    Posts : 3690
    Reputation : 1015
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 41 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

    Post by surmo13 on Fri May 29, 2020 10:23 am

    @Ice wrote:Footy is back. Good times. I make that 92-6 over our last two games v Brisbane. Not bad. Looked ok. Happy with the way our underrated pack performed against the self proclaimed best young pack in the game. Still, season has plenty of matches left and if any team can find a way for it to unravel, the Eels can.

    of which 2 of the best weren't even playing, 1 was coming off the bench from a long and pretty serious injury lay-off and our captain spent the second half in hospital, but the winners do write the history books I guess.
    Pieman
    Pieman

    Posts : 3532
    Reputation : 383
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 41 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

    Post by Pieman on Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:15 am

    yeah mate Alex Glenn would have made all the difference in that game lol
    Pieman
    Pieman

    Posts : 3532
    Reputation : 383
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 41 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

    Post by Pieman on Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:16 am

    Staggs is a bolter for a NSW jersey though.
    avatar
    Ice

    Posts : 1516
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 41 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

    Post by Ice Yesterday at 9:20 am

    @surmo13 wrote:

    of which 2 of the best weren't even playing, 1 was coming off the bench from a long and pretty serious injury lay-off and our captain spent the second half in hospital, but the winners do write the history books I guess.

    To be fair, i thínk Brisbane are a much better side than that. And yep, you guys we're missing two keys forwards and we were also missing our best forward. And round three wins count for little, but still, it's always nice giving you guys a little touch up, it doesn't happen much.

      Current date/time is Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:02 pm