NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Pieman
    Pieman

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 22 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by Pieman Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:17 am

Ice wrote:We are going bad this year, but deadset, look at that Cowboys lineup and tell me they aren't the biggest under achievers this season so far.

Absolutely.
    they are prob the biggest under achievers in the history of the game - with that forward pack and halves.

jt should have retired and handed the keys to morgan. He is stunting morgans growth now.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 22 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by No Worries Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:08 am

Ice wrote:We are going bad this year, but deadset, look at that Cowboys lineup and tell me they aren't the biggest under achievers this season so far.

Hell yeah !!

They went through last season without Scott & JT and made it within a whisker of the GF. Everyone thought that with those guys back, this year they would be unstoppable.
    wizard333

Post by wizard333 Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:26 am

No Worries wrote:Re: 2018 Parramatta Eels Thread - Owen 5.
    Post by No Worries on Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:23 am

@wizard333 12 months on, thoughts ??

And exactly what has changed in the last 12 months to change my opinion of the whinging schoolgirls at the Tigers? You lot whinged about losing Moses till you realised he was definitely going then all of a sudden he was'nt worth keeping.

Dragons were 6 - 1 in 2017 and missed the finals with a far better roster. Good luck.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:11 am

wizard333 wrote:

And exactly what has changed in the last 12 months to change my opinion of the whinging schoolgirls at the Tigers? You lot whinged about losing Moses till you realised he was definitely going then all of a sudden he was'nt worth keeping.

Dragons were 6 - 1 in 2017 and missed the finals with a far better roster. Good luck.

If this is you having a crack for the Owen 5 thing, I changed the title of the thread and to do so you need to edit a post. That was the top post on the page at the time so I edited that.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:11 am

Our two worst losses of the year have been Manly and Tigers, so it's good that we have been able to turn the tables on both.

A solid win with the Halves controlling the game very well.

Our forwards dropped the ball only twice I think and both led to tries, but otherwise, that did really well. Very few silly penalties and some solid discipline.

wizard333

Post by wizard333 Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:51 am

Honeysett wrote:

If this is you having a crack for the Owen 5 thing, I changed the title of the thread and to do so you need to edit a post. That was the top post on the page at the time so I edited that.

If you bother to read the post it was in answer to No Worries post. Absolutely nothing to do with whatever the OWEN 5 thing is.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:08 am

Need to get Guth more involved in attack
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:36 pm

wizard333 wrote:

And exactly what has changed in the last 12 months to change my opinion of the whinging schoolgirls at the Tigers?  You lot whinged about losing Moses till you realised he was definitely going then all of a sudden he was'nt worth keeping.

Dragons were 6 - 1 in 2017 and missed the finals with a far better roster.  Good luck.

Being a Tigers supporter I remember being top of the table after 13 rounds and not making the 8. You don't need to lecture us on April premiers. As for Moses and the little 4. What's your point ? We didn't offer Moses a contract ? FACT. No whinging, we didn't want him. Do you have proof to suggest otherwise ? The rest of the little 3 have freed up cash to provide a better balanced side. With the exception of Teddy, who is considered a loss compared to what the Tigers are putting on the park week in week out ? I feel like I've read this somewhere before ....... oh yeah that's right, it was me 12 months ago. You should have gone along with HS and the whole thread name ad saved face.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat May 05, 2018 12:39 pm

Fuck me, when your 9 and your 7 barely run the ball all game it makes it tough, especially if you are having to make almost 100 more tackles than the opposition.

Moses should have kicked that after the bell to send it to overtime. Deadset we are still playing very poorly and still managed to get within 2, discipline and errors again killing us. I don't think this Sharks side is a contender this year. They will grind out some gritty wins, and will unlikely get blown off the park, but to end up winning by only two with the garbage Parra dished up, they might scrape into the 8 at best.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sat May 05, 2018 10:44 pm

@wizard333

Moses - that kick

Yep I'm crying. Tears of laughter

:ThankYou:
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun May 06, 2018 12:21 pm

No Worries wrote:@wizard333

Moses  - that kick

Yep I'm crying. Tears of laughter

:ThankYou:

Should have kicked it. You see him fall away to his left at impact. He really neeeds to work on his technique and kicking through the ball. A simple remedy that they should pick up on replay.
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri May 11, 2018 11:57 am

Wow, well wasn't that just shit!! I mean, really,the Bulldogs are a woeful team and we just handed them the game.

Only upside I can see is that we must surely get better, but I can't see the Dogs improving, they are a shite team that just got that game handed to them by a team in even shiter form.

I tipped Dogs for a top 8 finish, but based on that game, as funny as it seems, I'd have them as spoon favourites now.

Fuck the Eels shit me to tears.
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Fri May 11, 2018 1:08 pm

Ice wrote:Wow, well wasn't that just shit!!  I mean, really,the Bulldogs are a woeful team and we just handed them the game.  

Only upside I can see is that we must surely get better,  but I can't see the Dogs improving, they are a shite team that just got that game handed to them by a team in even shiter form.

I tipped Dogs for a top 8 finish,  but based on that game, as funny as it seems, I'd have them as spoon favourites now.

Fuck the Eels shit me to tears.

The only time parra has put in for a full 80 was against the Tigers, Manly game was no real indication as the opposition was in all sorts, they should/could have been up by 20 against the Dogs but fumble there way to a loss, it would be very frustrating following them at present.

Dogs will be on struggle street for a few years, need to shed players due to cap pressure and the halves they have are fkn woeful, they will lose the Morris boys which are the only good thing about there backline, they have three quality forwards ( Jackson,Klemmar, RFM) and the rest aren't much chop
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Fri May 11, 2018 9:43 pm

we've been spoon favorites for ages ice

only possibility for us is that despite lacking ability, and i would say creativity wise we are the worst team in the comp, we still hang in there at times and that might help us score a few wins against other struggling teams who don't seem to handle the tough moments as well as we do. still think we land the spoon but manly, parra and titans all still a fair shot too
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun May 13, 2018 12:10 pm

leaguegod wrote:we've been spoon favorites for ages ice

only possibility for us is that despite lacking ability, and i would say creativity wise we are the worst team in the comp, we still hang in there at times and that might help us score a few wins against other struggling teams who don't seem to handle the tough moments as well as we do. still think we land the spoon but manly, parra and titans all still a fair shot too

Bring back the early/mid 80s I say Leaguegod.

Rugby League at its best back then, and I still say a team is only as good as its last 3-peat!!
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sun May 13, 2018 10:37 pm

Ice wrote:

Bring back the early/mid 80s I say Leaguegod.

Rugby League at its best back then, and I still say a team is only as good as its last 3-peat!!

This might be worthy of it's own thread. Or at least a Lurker article.

Saints in the 60's Vs Eels in the 80's Vs back to back now

As professionalism has increased what is comparable ?
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Sun May 13, 2018 11:12 pm

Rugby League is going to shit, the morons running the game have no clue and someone at league headquarters must be getting a brown paper bag off uncle nick, how the hell are the Rorters under the cap year in year out is beyond me.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon May 14, 2018 5:13 am

Kenny Edwards fled from officers on foot after he was pulled over for a random roadside check last month. Edwards, 28, will face Fairfield Local Court on Tuesday after waiting almost a month to tell Parramatta officials of a summons to appear in court, where he is accused of abandoning a vehicle he was driving in Sydney's west on a suspended licence.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon May 14, 2018 6:01 am

No Worries wrote:Kenny Edwards fled from officers on foot after he was pulled over for a random roadside check last month. Edwards, 28, will face Fairfield Local Court on Tuesday after waiting almost a month to tell Parramatta officials of a summons to appear in court, where he is accused of abandoning a vehicle he was driving in Sydney's west on a suspended licence.

They guy is a drip on and off the field, Parra should axe him now!
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon May 14, 2018 6:14 am

No Worries wrote:Kenny Edwards fled from officers on foot after he was pulled over for a random roadside check last month. Edwards, 28, will face Fairfield Local Court on Tuesday after waiting almost a month to tell Parramatta officials of a summons to appear in court, where he is accused of abandoning a vehicle he was driving in Sydney's west on a suspended licence.

He ran for 78 minutes until he was mysteriously affected by serious cramps, which prevented him from continuing on.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:33 am