NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Dip

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 23 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by Dip Mon May 14, 2018 6:16 am

Had he previously been suspended (NRL) for whatever caused him to have a suspended licence? There's been a few players in the past suspended for DD if my memory serves me correctly.
    leaguegod

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 23 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by leaguegod Mon May 14, 2018 6:52 am

He was suspended for dv last year and another drug issue a while ago. Not sure he has been done for anything motor vehicle related by the nrl
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon May 14, 2018 7:14 am

Dip wrote:

He ran for 78 minutes until he was mysteriously affected by serious cramps, which prevented him from continuing on.

Fantasy owners : Where's my run meters ?????
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue May 15, 2018 6:46 am

Ice wrote:

They guy is a drip on and off the field, Parra should axe him now!

Word is they have
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue May 15, 2018 7:16 am

He has to be fired doesn't he? Multiple run ins with the law, the guy who probably has the most wtf moments on the field in the team, they are basically out of final contention (without making serious changes to the team anyway), and a club with a history of breaking rules in recent years.

Parra have a free swing at taking the high road by cutting a bench player in the team that have gone from top 4 to the wooden spoon position, and at worst freeing up some cup space for a mid season signing or promoting a young guy. Be different if it were say Ben Hunt at the Dragons.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue May 15, 2018 11:13 am

Parramatta Eels

Verified account

@TheParraEels
    3h3 hours ago
    More
    After further developments today, the Club has decided to stand down Kenny Edwards indefinitely until the internal investigation has been completed.
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue May 15, 2018 2:05 pm

I like the changes to this weeks line up, look out for our number 17, Niukore. I think he will surprise some people.

A much better balanced bench. Just need to get Brown back and Mannah, for Matagi and Tepai/Scott and I think it's onwards and upwards........mainly cause we can't get worse......surely.......can we??
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Wed May 16, 2018 12:56 am

The Eels are chasing Klemmer
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Wed May 16, 2018 12:13 pm

Considering Parra have lost 5 games by penalty goals this year standing Edwards down is a good thing. Its about time Nuikore got a run, it will most likely only be 1-2 games but really they should have him over Scott.

Im not sure why but Parra are ruining some really good players at the moment, Tepai Moera should be pushing origin selection but instead he is barely hanging onto his position. Our attacking structure does nothing for our skill players. French is another not getting good ball in the right positions.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed May 16, 2018 12:22 pm

Shanbon wrote:Considering Parra have lost 5 games by penalty goals this year standing Edwards down is a good thing. Its about time Nuikore got a run, it will most likely only be 1-2 games but really they should have him over Scott.

Im not sure why but Parra are ruining some really good players at the moment, Tepai Moera should be pushing origin selection but instead he is barely hanging onto his position. Our attacking structure does nothing for our skill players. French is another not getting good ball in the right positions.

I've honestly never been a huge wrap on Tepai, I think he I still basically playing at his level, I've never seen him dominate or lock destructive. He is a guy that can get through a jeep of work and tackle the house down, but he isn't elite. People talked him up when he first came onto the seen, but he has never lived up to the hype.

French unfortunately is a winger, and for wingers, getting the ball in good position is when you can dive over untouched, and when given the opportunity that is what he does.

I personally can't fit Scott into my first 17 when Brown is fit, and I'd take Gower over him also.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed May 16, 2018 9:06 pm

I still think moses is a bit of a cancer.
    Look how good Brooks is going without him. Look how bad Norman is going with him.
    Something is off with him.

Brooks has shown more consistency and has played at a level this year than moses could only dream of (so far in his career). If brooks keeps it up for another season the NSW pairing would be looking good with Brooks and Cleary
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed May 16, 2018 10:44 pm

Pieman wrote:I still think moses is a bit of a cancer.
    Look how good Brooks is going without him. Look how bad Norman is going with him.

Brooks has shown more consistency and has played at a level this year than moses could only dream of (so far in his career). If brooks keeps it up for another season the NSW pairing would be looking good with Brooks and Cleary

Mate you could just as easily (and probably more realistically) claim Norman as being a bad influence on Moses.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed May 16, 2018 11:41 pm

Pieman wrote:I still think moses is a bit of a cancer.

Hang on, Moses killed it for us last year, going 11-4 in his last 15 games, he dominated on our way to a top 4 finish when we were missing a number of our best, and Norman went well also, Brooks has played well across 10 rounds this year, with Benji basically orchestrating everything. If it was Moses, why didn't Brooks step up for the final 16 rounds last year and why didn't Norman go garbage for those rounds?

I hardly think you can lay all the blame for Parra and Norman issues on Moses and lay all the glory at Brooks. Let's see Brooks sustain this form all year, and then We can credit him, Ivan and Benji as oppossed to blaming Moses, and let's see if the Eels continue to go poorly all year and perhaps we can assess if it's Moses and Norman or one or the other, or perhaps another factor.

Look, I don't want Moses anywhere near the NSW side, and he needs plenty of work, but I think blaming him for all the bad at Wests and The Eels is a little simplistic for you Pieman.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu May 17, 2018 10:50 am

Im not saying he is the sole and only reason for the lack of tigers success in the past and the current lack of eels success.I am saying that he is a part of both though, which is a fact.

Benji hasnt been basically orchestrating everything, he has been very good though and he has taken pressure off brooks. Brooks is clearly steering the ship there though.

I think that moses really benefited from the change mid last season, then read a bit too much of his own press in the off season.

Would love to see him playing well, he is quite entertaining when the side is playing good footy, but fuck he has not been very good this year (and he isnt the only eels, yes)

Ice

Post by Ice Thu May 17, 2018 12:22 pm

Pieman wrote:Im not saying he is the sole and only reason for the lack of tigers success in the past and the current lack of eels success.I am saying that he is a part of both though, which is a fact.

Benji hasnt been basically orchestrating everything, he has been very good though and he has taken pressure off brooks. Brooks is clearly steering the ship there though.

I think that moses really benefited from the change mid last season, then read a bit too much of his own press in the off season.

Would love to see him playing well, he is quite entertaining when the side is playing good footy, but fuck he has not been very good this year (and he isnt the only eels, yes)

Fair enough with most of that.

Brooks poor tonight after being in everything for the first few minutes.

I think we've seen our Origin halves combo surely tonight. They compliment each other so well.
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri May 18, 2018 12:09 pm

I hate the Eels and hate that I love them, fuck, just fuck!
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Fri May 18, 2018 1:07 pm

Tipped the eels as I thought they could beat a under strength Warriors team, they had the huge chance of going on with it but blew it
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri May 18, 2018 1:15 pm

Ice wrote:I hate the Eels and hate that I love them, fuck, just fuck!

As a Tigers fan I know this feeling and took comfort in Newcastle. Just remember when you're feeling down look to the Bulldogs.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat May 19, 2018 1:16 pm

No Worries wrote:

As a Tigers fan I know this feeling and took comfort in Newcastle. Just remember when you're feeling down look to the Bulldogs.

Thanks for those kind words but seriously, please, you've got 2005! A year we dominated and failed to make the GF after getting hammered 29-0 in the semi, prior to that 2001, when again, we just killed it all year and the went down 24-0 in the first half of the GF only to lose 30-24. I've gotta go back to 1986 bro, 19 fucking 86!!! Fuck me! And put up with all the shit in between, the false hope, the perform way above expectations one year only to fail to come close to meeting ridiculous expectation the next.

It's just shit, kill me now Rip
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Sun May 20, 2018 10:47 pm

Bring back Dennis Fitzgerald

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:40 pm