NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 36

Shanbon
    Shanbon

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 36 - Page 27 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 36

Post by Shanbon Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:14 pm

Chewie wrote:

I was talking about the Overall ladder... but the L51 H2H's will be close games
    I'm up against @Shanbon... looks like it's going to be close

I cant wait, see you in the Cantina

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 36 - Page 27 Giphy
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 36 - Page 27 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 36

Post by White Lightning Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:16 pm

[quote="manlybeaver"]WL did you sell mcquire yesterday he  was on your tally now his dissapeared[/quote

Yes I sold him for N. Brown. Still 1 trade left & thinking Jacks to Hampton or Klokstad or I might just save it.
    Spuddies
    Spuddies

Post by Spuddies Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:17 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Someone recently asked about a good cash out for Suli (or more generally in the C or WFB? someone that may play over the bye period. Anyone have any suggestions?

Yeah that was me. I've got Suli locked in the CTR position. There's no one really that stands out. I'm considering downgrading to J.Folau. No reason other than the eels have a good by schedule and there's some chance he might get a couple games over the bye period and give me a few bonus points.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:17 pm

manlybeaver wrote:

i would of brought in crichton before hayne lower break even and better byes plus no origin
    Me too, but I brought in another trade i had my heart set on instead..Pritchard. However now that I've gone back and looked, I changed it as i think its smarter for both money and points this week. Good to talk this over Very Happy
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:19 pm

White Lightning wrote:
    ahh ok i went cotric to croker if you see a weird change and brought in norman
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:22 pm

Shanbon wrote:Was being dropped from the Test team his only punishment? If so thats pretty soft, this is his 3rd driving incident in 2 years and considering how dangerous drink driving is he should get a decent suspension.

These days the NRL is waiting for the courts to finalize everything before handing down punishments even if a player pleads guilty.
    He was already punished by the Raiders earlier this year and they were in discussion with the integrity unit at that time. Its only that its come back into the media spotlight that they've done all this again and it sounds like the club is probably going to have to stand him down for the knights game or something as well.  It still makes no sense, why pick him for Aus in the first place, you knew what the outcome of the court case would be, you knew the dates would occur right before the game, the only reason is you believed his previous punishment was sufficient and intended to play him regardless of the court decision but changed your mind when it all kicked off in the news again. Also '3rd driving incident' makes it seem like its all been drink driving, one was throwing a bottle of moisturiser at someone!

Last edited by Archer on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:22 pm

Apparently Papalii likes a drink & the devils nectre changes him.
    Spuddies
    Spuddies

Post by Spuddies Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:23 pm

Vanish wrote:Seen a couple of people asking for cash out options for Suli. If you have him I'd recommend holding. He's scored just over 30 two weeks in a row while doing very little at centre. It takes just one good play for him to post a big score and get his price rising up quite nicely.

Of course if you need the money for an upgrade and he's the best sell option, go for it. But don't feel the need to rush him out. He's still got some coin to make.

That's exactly my position. I wouldn't be in a rush to move Suli on as he's still making some cash but I need to fund an upgrade to get rid of LG for Norman.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:27 pm

Archer wrote:
    He was already punished by the Raiders earlier this year and they were in discussion with the integrity unit at that time. Its only that its come back into the media spotlight that they've done all this again and it sounds like the club is probably going to have to stand him down for the knights game or something as well.  It still makes no sense, why pick him for Aus in the first place, you knew what the outcome of the court case would be, you knew the dates would occur right before the game, the only reason is you believed his previous punishment was sufficient and intended to play him regardless of the court decision but changed your mind when it all kicked off in the news again. Also '3rd driving incident' makes it seem like its all been drink driving, one was throwing a bottle of moisturiser at someone!

1 road rage, 1 driving while disqualified and now drink driving. I think he should miss 2 NRL games. I also thought Mary McGregor should have missed at least that many last year. Drink Driving is a serious crime and a lot worse than what Pearce did last season.

I was pretty sure the Raiders notified the integrity unit at the time(hence why was in media then) but said they would wait to see the outcome of the court case before finalising all punishments. Hence why its all back in the media now.
    Spuddies
    Spuddies

Post by Spuddies Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:29 pm

Two reserves out of Lamb, FKaufusi, Hayne, Winterstein, Whitehead and Lamb.

Fkaufusi is pretty much locked in and i'm learning towards Whitehead. I've got a feeling though Lamb is finally going to score some decent points this week.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:30 pm

Folau seems to be the go for a CTR Origin cashout, unless anyone else turns up in the next couple of weeks. Jennings might play Origin, Semi's in court. If he's a red dot then he's a red dot, but seems to have more chance than anyone else I can see at the moment.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:30 pm

There is more to the story with papalii. He was at home before he went out and got done for dd, after calling the cops on himself to "prove a point". Some sort of trouble at home.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:32 pm

Spuddies wrote:Two reserves out of Lamb, FKaufusi, Hayne, Winterstein, Whitehead and Lamb.

Fkaufusi is pretty much locked in and i'm learning towards Whitehead. I've got a feeling though Lamb is finally going to score some decent points this week.

I'd go Whitehead as well.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:33 pm

Shanbon wrote:

1 road rage, 1 driving while disqualified and now drink driving. I think he should miss 2 NRL games. I also thought Mary McGregor should have missed at least that many last year. Drink Driving is a serious crime and a lot worse than what Pearce did last season.

I was pretty sure the Raiders notified the integrity unit at the time(hence why was in media then) but said they would wait to see the outcome of the court case before finalising all punishments. Hence why its all back in the media now.

Agree. People get killed by drink drivers.

A bit of simulated sex with a dog and pissing your pants is just bad judgement and embarrassing.

Same with pissing in your own mouth.

I'm always amazed at what we get outraged about.
    KiwiWarriors
    KiwiWarriors

Post by KiwiWarriors Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:33 pm

Spuddies wrote:Two reserves out of Lamb, FKaufusi, Hayne, Winterstein, Whitehead and Lamb.

I would definitely go Kaufusi and Whitehead.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:35 pm

Pain wrote:
    Milchcow wrote:

Bren has gone on holiday. Although he did mysteriously delete his account just before he left - no explanation given. Hope he signs back up when he comes back (think he was going for 6 weeks)

Has he deleted his Twitter as well?

Yep.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:37 pm

SI wrote:

Yep.

That's weird. I hope he's ok.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:40 pm

Shanbon wrote:
    Chewie wrote:

I was talking about the Overall ladder... but the L51 H2H's will be close games
    I'm up against @Shanbon... looks like it's going to be close

I cant wait, see you in the Cantina

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 36 - Page 27 Giphy
    Lol
    Spuddies
    Spuddies

Post by Spuddies Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:40 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Folau seems to be the go for a CTR Origin cashout, unless anyone else turns up in the next couple of weeks. Jennings might play Origin, Semi's in court. If he's a red dot then he's a red dot, but seems to have more chance than anyone else I can see at the moment.

Yep, I've locked in the trade. Just need to get a few more troops for the bye rounds.

Team is:

Smith McCullough
    McGuire Wallace (F.Kaufusi, Leota)
    de Bellin CHN S.Burgess (Crichton, Winterstein, Whitehead)
    Johnson, Norman (Lamb, Field)
    Cotric, S.Mat (Folau, Idris)
    RTS, Slater, Ponga (Hayne, Burns)

26 trades, 14k inb and #223 at the start of the round.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:40 pm

this is form the NRL.com site -

The Canberra Raiders Board are considering the amended AFP Statement of Facts and legal documents received today from Josh Papalii’s appearance in the ACT Magistrates Court.

The Board is mindful of the personal issues that may have led to Josh’s behaviour that night and of their duty of care for their employee. Josh will now be required to front a Raiders board on Monday morning, being the earliest time to convene all the Members together, to further clarify the circumstances surrounding his conviction in the ACT Magistrates Court on Thursday.

Due to the timing of yesterday's court decision in relation to the match on Saturday, the Raiders board has allowed Josh to participate in this rounds match before fronting the board on Monday (May 1).

This will allow the board and Josh sufficient time to obtain materials from the Court and Josh with enough time to prepare his response. It is at this time, the Board will consider appropriate further sanctions against Josh, including missing premiership matches. To summarise;

• Josh is permitted to play for the Raiders tomorrow, but any further matches will depend on the outcome of the process on Monday.

• The status of Josh's selection in the Test Match will be a matter for the Kangaroos.

Canberra Raiders CEO Don Furner said the club would continue to work with the NRL Integrity Unit to ensure the best outcome was achieved to further protect the integrity of the game.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:58 pm