NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Archer
    Archer

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31 - Page 50 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Post by Archer Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:46 pm

Onthebeatpete wrote:
    30 points Archer
    Ok cheers mate, but can we both pretend you told me 50 Sad
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31 - Page 50 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Post by Onthebeatpete Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:46 pm

@Onthebeatpete wrote:
    I'm not sure, hopefully. I'm on 621 at the moment but still have 6 to play.
    Have fallen behind to around 470th but I think most people have had the majority of their team play already.

Who do you have left? Im on 756 pre updates, Tedesco, ET + CHN still to play, might get 900, probably 880 ish.

I have A. Fifita, P. Gallen, C Harawira Naera, C. Norman, J. Idris, and J. Tedesco.
    Nice score too btw, you should end up with a solid score!

Post by Guest Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:47 pm

Archer wrote:
    Ok cheers mate, but can we both pretend you told me 50 Sad

Didn't we have a avatar bet?

Cant remember what it was over
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:49 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

Didn't we have a avatar bet?

Cant remember what it was over
    We did, it wasn't Austin!
    Rapa Vs teddy, which is why i I'm hoping teddy doesn't score this week to keep it interesting. Swear leipana knew about the bet so Joey just kept going himself all game.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:49 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Anyway Booze, I should just copy your trades.

Started with 19/25 players the same this year, but you are still up there in rankings and I'm slipping away.

You know more than most, problem is the players we thought would go well are being overtaken by this new tackle breaking phenomenon haha.

I was going to bring in Milford over CWalker this week, but opted for the 'safer' bye option....
    Thats how much I have had to change my train of thought. Aubo should probably go to Leilua/Idris/Gagai, even though an 80min 2RF should easily average more than these players.

Probably too stubborn to do this trade but that's the game we play now.
    Perhaps i bring in another Ctr and stack my backs, and play them in my 17.

The past few weeks I have had to 'adapt' to this new way, but I don't necessarily like this new game.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:51 pm

Archer wrote:
    We did, it wasn't Austin!
    Rapa Vs teddy, which is why i I'm hoping teddy doesn't score this week to keep it interesting. Swear leipana knew about the bet so Joey just kept going himself all game.

Ahh that's right I remember now!

Well I'm in a good position but ive had no luck this weekend so still a very good chance youll win

Post by Guest Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:53 pm

surmo13 wrote:Always laugh when i see people talking about 'fanhub favorites' like it's an actual things that exists - ironically enough, the scores are the one thing about NRL Fantasy that Fanhub have no control over.

They provide the platform, the rules and the mechanics for the game - The scores are collected and converted from stats logged by Champion Data, a completely seperate entity, who have no affiliation with Fanhub other than also being contracted by the NRL, which collect their stats for use by coaches and analysts, making the chances that they would doctor stats for the sake of a game they are most likely ineligible to win prizes from anyway highly unlikely.

Come on man, now you are going to tell me that lizard people don't exist and that the world isn't flat.
    Don't wreck these for me either
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:54 pm

Boozecluez wrote:
    I didn't trade in Abbey or Hess for logical reasons that perhaps you and others may think too.
    Problem is if they are fanhub favourites who score well off a single run with high ownership, you are playing catchup with your POD instead.

Problem with "Fanhub favourites" is that, statistically speaking, they don't exist. At least not in the sense that people commonly use the term

Some guys have a style of play that gets more reward by the Fanhub points system than it does on the field (crab style sideways palm slapping being the prime example) This is an issue with the scoring system, not the scorers. So Nagesh and Srikanth aren't sitting there giving bonus points to the players they own (I am never sure how serious people are when they talk about this and whether they actually think it happens or not). Its just a result of overpowered tackle busts and other quirks of the fantasy scoring. And the same players would do well in the game no matter who scored them.

After a few more rounds I'll compare scoring between Prozone and one or 2 of the other providers, and I can almost guarantee that the ones that outscore under prozone won't be the one who get the attention on here.

Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:57 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

You know more than most, problem is the players we thought would go well are being overtaken by this new tackle breaking phenomenon haha.

I was going to bring in Milford over CWalker this week, but opted for the 'safer' bye option....
    Thats how much I have had to change my train of thought. Aubo should probably go to Leilua/Idris/Gagai, even though an 80min 2RF should easily average more than these players.

The past few weeks I have had to 'adapt' to this new way, but I don't necessarily like this new game.

Perhaps it is not the game, but you yourself who has changed.
    Feels like the same game to me tbh, have no idea what you mean about 'adapting.' And why are you trading the highest scoring centre in the game?

Post by Guest Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:59 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Problem with "Fanhub favourites" is that, statistically speaking, they don't exist. At least not in the sense that people commonly use the term

Some guys have a style of play that gets more reward by the Fanhub points system than it does on the field (crab style sideways palm slapping being the prime example) This is an issue with the scoring system, not the scorers. So Nagesh and Srikanth aren't sitting there giving bonus points to the players they own (I am never sure how serious people are when they talk about this and whether they actually think it happens or not). Its just a result of overpowered tackle busts and other quirks of the fantasy scoring. And the same players would do well in the game no matter who scored them.

After a few more rounds I'll compare scoring between Prozone and one or 2 of the other providers, and I can almost guarantee that the ones that outscore under prozone won't be the one who get the attention on here.

Dugan gets 12 points for making 3metres and palming off 4 opponents doing nothing for his team

Lisone runs a hard line making 15m putting the opponents on the backfoot and a quick play of the ball he gets 1 point

Can be rubbish sometimes
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:00 pm

I have always seen identifying the players who like to play slapsies on the field as an important part of my Fantasy research. Only reason I brought Crichton. Not for his base stats, but because that boy loves him some slapsies.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:02 pm

Full disclaimer, I use the term 'fanhub favourites' for shits and giggles, I completely understand as mentioned above and this isn't my first rodeo.

You are right, certain players almost break the scoring system when a play is taken literal by the scorer though to the average footy fan we would not give them this. Ie we all see 1 tb when he runs over a player to score a try, but then the 2 players either side get missed tackles and a fullback flops on him as well after he puts the ball down = 4tb

We probably need a new name for this player, though fanhub favourite does get the conspiracy theorists out to play though

Post by Guest Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:06 pm

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:14 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

I still think the tackle breaking phenomenon is short term.

And if you look at top scoring players, how many of them are a genuine surprise.

Taumalolo over performing at the moment, but its not that surprising, and he will regress. At the moment he's played golden point games, and had bigger minytes due to others getting injured.
    Paul Vaughan is doing better than I expected, but quite a lot of people expected that from him this year (even then last few weeks have shown signs of regression to the mean)
    Josh Papalii certainly killing it compared to last year
    Coen Hess doing well, most people knew he was capable of it but were concerned about game time
    CHN has come from nowhere but that sort of thing can happen any year.
    Widdop is benefitting from the Dragons good start

Rapana and Nofoaluma higher than expected too. Rapana I haven't been watching that closely. but Nofo has become just about the Tigers second prop. He takes so many hitups, even late in a set that its not surprising his score is rocketing.

Anyway - the main point is that I don't see any evidence of a massive shift in the way the game is being scored.

My faults this year have been making the wrong call on guys with unknown job security - not to do with extra tackle breaks.

Longer term, bringing in CWalker was the right move. I think the only better move I could have made would be ARey if he doesn't play origin (or get injured again). Sure Cody got his lowest score of the season this round but that will even out in time.

Aubusson *is* averaging more than all those players, and will continue to do so, unless Taukeiaho ends up relegating him to the bench. You having him in your team is one of the reasons i am jealous of your trades over mine. Trading him out whilst he is still an 80 minute forward would be a sideways trade of ever there was one.
    (Although Leilua would have been a tempting buy this week, purely because of how much cash he dropped early)

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:31 pm