NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread

Pieman
    Pieman

QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread

Post by Pieman Tue May 28, 2019 8:23 am

Milford is clearly the best person to be the 14. Clearly. Picking Mbye over him is an utter joke lol. Milford does everything that Mbye does, but better. He is in better form and does every single thing on the field better than Mbye,
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread

Post by No Worries Tue May 28, 2019 8:51 am

Pieman wrote:Milford is clearly the best person to be the 14. Clearly. Picking Mbye over him is an utter joke lol. Milford does everything that Mbye does, but better. He is in better form and does every single thing on the field better than Mbye,

Don't talk sense in here. Mbye isn't even the best QLD utility at the Tigers, they could have picked Thompson.

Granville at 9 with Hunt as utility,
    Hunt at 9 with Granville on the bench
    Feldt
    Moga
    Taylor
    Brimson
    Capewell

Even James Seg ..................... oh wait

All better options.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Tue May 28, 2019 9:23 am

No Worries wrote:

Don't talk sense in here. Mbye isn't even the best QLD utility at the Tigers, they could have picked Thompson.

Granville at 9 with Hunt as utility,
    Hunt at 9 with Granville on the bench
    Feldt
    Moga
    Taylor
    Brimson
    Capewell

Even James Seg ..................... oh wait

All better options.

None of those blokes do the same job as what they picked Mbye for, let alone doing it better.

Feldt has played 100/101 of his games on the wing - how is he a utility? Taylor, never played outside the halves. Moga hasnt played outside centre since 2014. Granville and Brimson aren't better players.

Capewell would be there-abouts in terms of usefulness (id have him lower then Mbye but I can see the case to be made) but he's a different style of player and he's not going to make an impact off the bench - hes a centre/2nd row, not a backline fill in. If they wanted a Mitch Aubsusson / Luke Lewis type utility, he'd be a better pick but they've gone with a different approach. The type of player they want its really only Mbye or Milf who could fill the role and neither are in auto-selection type form. Nobody else is a part of the equation.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue May 28, 2019 9:38 am

ryno_ wrote:

None of those blokes do the same job as what they picked Mbye for, let alone doing it better.

Feldt has played 100/101 of his games on the wing - how is he a utility? Taylor, never played outside the halves. Moga hasnt played outside centre since 2014. Granville and Brimson aren't better players.

Capewell would be there-abouts in terms of usefulness (id have him lower then Mbye but I can see the case to be made) but he's a different style of player and he's not going to make an impact off the bench - hes a centre/2nd row, not a backline fill in. If they wanted a Mitch Aubsusson / Luke Lewis type utility, he'd be a better pick but they've gone with a different approach. The type of player they want its really only Mbye or Milf who could fill the role and neither are in auto-selection type form. Nobody else is a part of the equation.

Given DCE hasn't played a game back yet, to me and in this particular instance, our utility needed to cover halves first and foremost.

That narrows it down to Milf, Brimson and MBye.

Milf clearly in the best of form out of those blokes but QLD have always had an uncanny knack of being able to foresee who will be able to step up and I expect this will be no different.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue May 28, 2019 9:40 am

I would say Granville and brimson are both better players than Mbye.
    Granville a much better option considering that he actually plays hooker - and you have a halfback who is horribly out of form playing hooker.

Capewell, not far off too.

Milford, again, is the clear option to be the 14. Anyone who argues that is just arguing for arguing's sake.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue May 28, 2019 9:44 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Given DCE hasn't played a game back yet, to me and in this particular instance, our utility needed to cover halves first and foremost.

That narrows it down to Milf, Brimson and MBye.

Milf clearly in the best of form out of those blokes but QLD have always had an uncanny knack of being able to foresee who will be able to step up and I expect this will be no different.

There's 4 blokes in the team who play halves every week, I dont think they are concerned about cover if DCE goes down.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue May 28, 2019 4:03 pm

Was glasby in the side last year? Or was he shown the QLD loyalty program the year earlier?
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue May 28, 2019 4:34 pm

Pieman wrote:Was glasby in the side last year? Or was he shown the QLD loyalty program the year earlier?

Only played to cover Napa's absence. As you eluded to, now that he's available again, Napa is the beneficiary of the famed and demonstrable QLD loyalty.
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Tue May 28, 2019 6:30 pm

The selection of Hunt at 9 is a big gamble, with potential to backfire. If he can tackle his arse off and make some yardage of dummy half, that wood be a good outcome.  Leave the kicking and playmaking to somene else
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue May 28, 2019 7:38 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Only played to cover Napa's absence. As you eluded to, now that he's available again, Napa is the beneficiary of the famed and demonstrable QLD loyalty.
    Ah ok, fair enough mate. Is Wallace on this loyalty program too? Hess? Cooper? Matt Scott?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue May 28, 2019 7:49 pm

I was far more confident in a NSW series win to go back to back and kick start a dynasty in the preseason than I am after the team unveils

Cleary and his form is a slight worry, Walker been in electric form but I'm worried about those two against DCE and Munster

Kaufusi and Gillett haven't been the best and I think that NSW pack will get on top early, with guys like Turbo to return for 2/3 if they win 1, they will ean a white wash
    Lebbo73

Post by Lebbo73 Tue May 28, 2019 9:45 pm

Welshy wrote:I was far more confident in a NSW series win to go back to back and kick start a dynasty in the preseason than I am after the team unveils

Cleary and his form is a slight worry, Walker been in electric form but I'm worried about those two against DCE and Munster

Kaufusi and Gillett haven't been the best and I think that NSW pack will get on top early, with guys like Turbo to return for 2/3 if they win 1, they will ean a white wash
    Your overconfidence is a beautiful thing. Qld are better than a 50/50 prospect against your plodders this year. How anyone from a State that has won two series in the last 13 years can be so confident boggles the mind. Fittler is no better a coach than any before him. He just got lucky last year against a Maroons side being steered around the park by one hopeless Ben KHunt.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue May 28, 2019 9:47 pm

Lebbo73 wrote:
    Your overconfidence is a beautiful thing. Qld are better than a 50/50 prospect against your plodders this year. How anyone from a State that has won two series in the last 13 years can be so confident boggles the mind. Fittler is no better a coach than any before him. He just got lucky last year against a Maroons side being steered around the park by one hopeless Ben KHunt.

I'm actually from Wales so not my state for a start!

No Smith, Slater, Cronk anymore hence the NSW confidence
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue May 28, 2019 10:09 pm

Welshy wrote:

I'm actually from Wales so not my state for a start!

No Smith, Slater, Cronk anymore hence the NSW confidence

Yeah but you're named after our great state and your people came from here did they not?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue May 28, 2019 10:11 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Yeah but you're named after our great state and your people came from here did they not?

Nope we gave you some of the best and you ran with it fella Very Happy
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue May 28, 2019 10:21 pm

I think Qld have a clear spine advantage again, plus first game in Qld and second in Perth) and they should (but won't) start comfortable favourites. Origin is about spine. People Bang on about packs and backlines, its experience in the spine that wins you the series, everywhere else it's so even anyway. There may have been one or two series that wasn't the case with the spine and the result (last year as an example),  but they'd be few and far between and I'd doubt it would happen two years in a row. I don't bet on Origin, but if I did,I'd be absolutely loading up on a Qld victory game 1., which would make it almost impossible for NSW to win the series.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue May 28, 2019 10:22 pm

Lebbo73 wrote:

Fuck me which soul died to give you life again.
    I didn't even read what the fuck you had to say.
    Get a kebab up ya
    Lebbo73

Post by Lebbo73 Wed May 29, 2019 4:28 am

No Worries wrote:

Fuck me which soul died to give you life again.
    I didn't even read what the fuck you had to say.
    Get a kebab up ya
    How are you brother? Fuck I love kebabs.

My biggest problem on here was that I was logged in but I couldn’t post. The site has improved a lot now. What triggered me to come back and have a look was a thread on BigFooty reminiscing about Sportal. Apparently I’m legendary! lol!
    They were talking about Muzza, Mary, Toothy, Little Miss Happy and LCynic. I thought Muzza was bad but Chief, the owner of BigFooty, is a real piece of work. He hates me with a passion. Beer
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu May 30, 2019 8:45 am

Also, I wonder if they thought about putting morgan at hooker. He would be awesome there IMO considering their lack of ability to choose an actual hooker and 2, ben hunt.

QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread - Page 23 Img_9210

Ladies and gentlemen... this is how QLD treated their captain. QLD loyalty at its finest.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu May 30, 2019 5:29 pm

Also - with smith coming on board as an "advisor" or coach, or whatever he is doing for the QLD side - one would assume that he is getting paid to do it.

Would this be counted against Melbourne's salary cap? Doing some third-party work for something that is directly associated with the NRL wouldn't allow it to be salary cap exempt would it?

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:09 am