NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NSW State of Origin side 2017

Honeysett
    Honeysett

NSW State of Origin side 2017 - Page 8 Empty Re: NSW State of Origin side 2017

Post by Honeysett Fri May 19, 2017 10:33 am

Yep they had a bust up on field a few times because Farah would over play his hand.

If NSW don't pick Vaughan we simply don't want to win the series.
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri May 19, 2017 11:25 am

Honeysett wrote:Yep they had a bust up on field a few times because Farah would over play his hand.

If NSW don't pick Vaughan we simply don't want to win the series.

Turn it up! Vaughan is in great form, I'd be totally comfortable if they pick him, but he isn't going to win or lose us the series so his selection or otherwise says nothing about the selectors desire to win the series.

Leave out Hayne or Teddy, then maybe you could make the argument.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri May 19, 2017 11:27 am

Ice wrote:

Turn it up! Vaughan is in great form, I'd be totally comfortable if they pick him, but he isn't going to win or lose us the series so his selection or otherwise says nothing about the selectors desire to win the series.

I'm not sure about doubting his ability to win NSW the series, he is in some serious form and Fifita and Vaughan from 5-10 out would be extremely worrying for QLD
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Sat May 20, 2017 12:06 am

Shanbon wrote:From what I've heard from Daley and Sterling they don't want to pair up Farrah and Pearce as they have seen it doesn't work. So the decision will be Pearce and Wallace/Peats or Moylan and Farah

Not sure the likes of Sterlo and Daley would apply such a simplistic and incorrect approach.....but realistically it's now time for Farah to stick to club football and focus on just trying to win a starting club position.

Peats is your future and now that he is back and healthy is now your best option at hooker.

My feelings about Pearce are already well known.....

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat May 20, 2017 2:24 am

Ice wrote:

Someone like Tamou/Woods who get picked despite not doing anything in Origin over someone that threatens the line every time he runs the ball. Those players I mentioned look scared to take the big hit ups and like it's been mentioned Vaughan close to the line would be bloody hard to stop.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Sat May 20, 2017 2:45 am

Honeysett wrote:

Someone like Tamou/Woods who get picked despite not doing anything in Origin over someone that threatens the line every time he runs the ball. Those players I mentioned look scared to take the big hit ups and like it's been mentioned Vaughan close to the line would be bloody hard to stop.

Vaughan is a decent club player having a good year by riding the form of his club side but I certainly wouldn't be concerned as a QLDer if he were selected.

If, heaven forbid, I was a hapless NSWelshman I'd prefer the likes of Ryan James and JTurbo ahead of Vaughan (assuming that Woods, Tamou and Fifita will already be selected).

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat May 20, 2017 4:12 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Vaughan is a decent club player having a good year by riding the form of his club side but I certainly wouldn't be concerned as a QLDer if he were selected.

If, heaven forbid, I was a hapless NSWelshman I'd prefer the likes of Ryan James and JTurbo ahead of Vaughan (assuming that Woods, Tamou and Fifita will already be selected).

Oh I have J Turbo already in the side, 100%. But Vaughan is in steller form at the moment and the Dragons are going well because of go forward like him. Pick the players who are in form. Him coming off the bench with Fifita would be good for NSW.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat May 20, 2017 5:39 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I can't see them picking Tamou. I just think with the quality big men we have he can't justify his selection.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat May 20, 2017 12:31 pm

Mannah currently outplaying Boyd, Pauloe has them both covered though.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat May 20, 2017 3:06 pm

Yep, Paulo big to tonight, totally outperformed Boyd.

Lastest prediction of Daley team

Tedesco
    Fergo
    Dugan
    Bird
    Hayne
    Maloney
    Pearce
    Woods
    Wallace
    Fifita
    Jackson
    Cordner
    Trbojevic

Graham
    Klemmer
    Frizell
    Vaughan/Paulo
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun May 21, 2017 8:09 am

Some interesting things to come out of the Games so far.

Teddy was poor, does he ho,d his spot ahead of Hayne, he is clearly better suited to the FB than centres, or even Moylan.

Wallace gone, they won't pick him now even if they were going to, so do they stick with Farah (who I don't think Sterlo is a big wrap on) or give Peats a crack.

Merrin was massive, stepping up in the right round but will it be enough to usurp the likes of Frizell or Jackson or JTurbo or Graham? They are all actually very different players.

Moylan again showed how he controls the fate of the Panthers with a other silky performance, if he was playing like he is playing for the Broncos or Cows or Storm then people would be creaming their jeans for him.

Paulo outplayed Boyd by some margin so they can't pick Boyn over him for a bench spot.

Walker is a right centre and had a great game but Dugan is safe on the right so is he a chance over Hayne or Crocker or Jennngs or Bird on the left. I dought it.

Pearce and Maloney are certainties I think now based on what Sterlo has said so who misses out in the 14 Peachey, Moylan or Bird (who may start centre). I actually think Moylan offers the least as utility and that is why I'd still go with him in the 6, start Bird in the centres and then I've still got a toss up betweeen Pearce and Peachey.

No matter which way they go some people are gonna blow up over some of the omissions and selections.

I actually reckon Haynes selection will be the one that divides the media and public the most, but he is still first picked for mine. It's just a matter of where?

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon May 22, 2017 12:26 am

I dought it lol sorry Ice but that one made me laugh

Vaughn is the form prop of the comp and has been all year. Deadset the guy deserves to be there, he is outstanding. Starting too.

I dont think that Moylan plays 14 he just doesnt offer the utility value of the other guys but in saying that - Dugan/Hayne/Fergo cover any outside back that goes down, Moylan covers the halves. I want peachy - he wont get a gig tho. Graham will be the utility IMO.

Yeah Trbo going down changed things up a bit - Starting Hayne on the wing now with Bird in the centres is a very very real possibility. Walker, yeah hes been awesome lately - but either pick him to start at right centre over dugan or dont pick him at all. Bmoz - yeh ok you know what you are getting, he has been great in the past for NSW and wont let them down.

I just find it pretty funny - tedesco has been so out of form yet apparently is going to be picked, vaughn is so in form yet prob wont be.

Moylan has been great in the second half of games this year. He has really won the games for penrith on his own. They should just start picking the guy at 6 at club level.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon May 22, 2017 1:38 am

Pieman wrote:I dought it lol sorry Ice but that one made me laugh

Vaughn is the form prop of the comp and has been all year. Deadset the guy deserves to be there, he is outstanding. Starting too.

I dont think that Moylan plays 14 he just doesnt offer the utility value of the other guys but in saying that - Dugan/Hayne/Fergo cover any outside back that goes down, Moylan covers the halves. I want peachy - he wont get a gig tho. Graham will be the utility IMO.

Yeah Trbo going down changed things up a bit - Starting Hayne on the wing now with Bird in the centres is a very very real possibility. Walker, yeah hes been awesome lately - but either pick him to start at right centre over dugan or dont pick him at all. Bmoz - yeh ok you know what you are getting, he has been great in the past for NSW and wont let them down.

I just find it pretty funny - tedesco has been so out of form yet apparently is going to be picked, vaughn is so in form yet prob wont be.

Moylan has been great in the second half of games this year. He has really won the games for penrith on his own. They should just start picking the guy at 6 at club level.

What made you laugh, Hayne in the 1???

I agree. Afghan deserves to be there, I'm just not convinced they will pick him, especially after Vossy has come out and said he MUST be there.

We agree on Moylan not being as suited to utility as Peachey or Bird and I still think he is a 6. I just don't get why the Panthers play Cartwright there over him. Cartwright in the 6 is continually overplaying his hand, put him back in the second row where he can just run and offload when appropriate, Moylan shifts to 6 and Hiku or Zalezniak move to the 1 with Peachey in the centres. It's and easy shift to make.

Ice

Post by Ice Mon May 22, 2017 1:44 am

Maloney has been solid for Cronulla, but the area he always concerns me is his defence (he is surely the worst in the league) and his discipline, again, another thing he is close to the worst at.

It won't happen, but. I honestly would be at all upset with a Moylan/Pearce halves combo, then team might look something like this:

Hayne
    Ferguson
    Dugan
    Bird
    Tedesco ( I didn't like this at first but then though why not, good under highball, runs the ball back great and they generally kick to wingers anyway in Origin and should have too much of a problem in defence)
    Moylan
    Pearce
    Woods
    Peats
    Fifita
    Cordner
    Trbojevic
    Graham

Peachey
    Klemmer
    Frizell
    Vaughn
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon May 22, 2017 2:11 am

Ice wrote:Maloney has been solid for Cronulla, but the area he always concerns me is his defence (he is surely the worst in the league) and his discipline, again, another thing he is close to the worst at.

It won't happen, but. I honestly would be at all upset with a Moylan/Pearce halves combo, then team might look something like this:

I don't buy the argument of Maloney being a shit defender and putting Moylan in instead. Seems like you're identifying a weakness and doubling down on it. I have ARey in there aswell, hasnt been terrible this year, strong kicking game and knows how to build pressure. Can pick and stick for a decade and try build some QLD style continuity. Id have;

1. Hayne
    2. Fergo
    3. Dugan
    4. Jennings (Bird if injured)
    5. Ted
    6. Maloney
    7. A Rey
    8. Vaughn
    9. Peats
    10. Fifi
    11. Cordner
    12. Jackson
    13. Graham

14. Peachy/Pearce
    15. Klemmer
    16. Frizell
    17. Turbo

18. Pearce/Peachy/Bird
    19. Boyd
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon May 22, 2017 3:07 am

I'm hearing talk of Jordan McClean in the side!! Deadset, if he is there at the expense of Vaughan or Paulo or JTurbo I'll just about give it away. What indicators are people pointing to that suggest. He is going better than any of those three?
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon May 22, 2017 4:36 am

Ice wrote:I'm hearing talk of Jordan McClean in the side!! Deadset, if he is there at the expense of Vaughan or Paulo or JTurbo I'll just about give it away. What indicators are people pointing to that suggest. He is going better than any of those three?

Ask Alex McKinnon's C4...

To be fair, he was in the Australian squad ahead of Vaughn and Paulo last month.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon May 22, 2017 4:43 am

ryno_ wrote:

Ask Alex McKinnon's C4...

To be fair, he was in the Australian squad ahead of Vaughn and Paulo last month.

Yeah, but why? He is another of the plodding props that do exactly what is required of them within a Storm structure that needs them to do very little other than keep it totally simple. He doesn't offload much, he rarely makes line breaks or busts tackles he doesn't make oodles off tackles and doesn't play big minutes, so what is he brining to the NSW table that the others mentioned don't? (Other than I guess winning regularly, who which can't be underestimated, haha, but I'm confident those other guys would all be winning in the storm structure)
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon May 22, 2017 4:49 am

ryno_ wrote:

I don't buy the argument of Maloney being a shit defender and putting Moylan in instead. Seems like you're identifying a weakness and doubling down on it. I have ARey in there aswell, hasnt been terrible this year, strong kicking game and knows how to build pressure. Can pick and stick for a decade and try build some QLD style continuity. Id have;

1. Hayne
    2. Fergo
    3. Dugan
    4. Jennings (Bird if injured)
    5. Ted
    6. Maloney
    7. A Rey
    8. Vaughn
    9. Peats
    10. Fifi
    11. Cordner
    12. Jackson
    13. Graham

14. Peachy/Pearce
    15. Klemmer
    16. Frizell
    17. Turbo

18. Pearce/Peachy/Bird
    19. Boyd

It's more the discipline that concerns me, but the defensive weakness' remain a concern. Moylan is definitely a better defender, even in the line, even if he isn't massive. So I'm. Tom convinced that is doubling down.

I don't mind Maloney, I'd be comfortable with him there, but he isn't getting any better as a footballer, he is about a team his peak, but I think there is massive scope for Moylan and still growth in Pearce so I think those two can be a longer term halves combination.

Re A Rey, im just not that enamoured by him, I think he has been poor this year and outplayed by Cody Walker weekly. I don't think he has as much upside as Moylan and Pearce.

I think that team is very solid though, we could certainly do worse and I wouldn't comp,ain if that was it, but I wouldn't have Jackson, not that he will let us down.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon May 22, 2017 4:58 am

Ice wrote:

Yeah, but why? He is another of the plodding props that do exactly what is required of them within a Storm structure that needs them to do very little other than keep it totally simple. He doesn't offload much, he rarely makes line breaks or busts tackles he doesn't make oodles off tackles and doesn't play big minutes, so what is he brining to the NSW table that the others mentioned don't? (Other than I guess winning regularly, who which can't be underestimated, haha, but I'm confident those other guys would all be winning in the storm structure)

I thought I read that he was very high up in the "metres after contact" stat that seems to be the flavour of the month atm.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:54 am