NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 7

Welshy
    Welshy

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 7 - Page 46 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 7

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:42 am

Mearcats wrote:
    Smith?

in both scenarios.

they are the only differences

Smith, Mcinnes, JDB, Surgess, ET in both teams
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 7 - Page 46 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 7

Post by Mulvy Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:46 am

I'm going to bed but am wavering back to a Smith team:

Smith Brailey
    Fifita Gurgess Faufusi Hoare
    Surgess McGuire ET Smat Siro nuff
    Norman Lamb Elgey nuff
    Idris Talakai nuff nuff
    Turbo Hayne RTS Python Cotric 78k

I was flirting with Smith to McInnes, but I've got everyone I want I think. Where would you upgrade with the cash generated? and the 78k should be enough to upgrade an npr on TLT or grab a must have cow in the first few weeks.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:47 am

Welshy wrote:

in both scenarios.

they are the only differences

Smith, Mcinnes, JDB, Surgess, ET in both teams

Well you're the numbers guy. Lol. Put your own numbers to the two options.

Here's how I see it

Teddy av 49 (max 75) Gurgess av 45 (max 60) totals at 94 max 135 (with Teddys potential to blow that number outta the water)

Fifi av 60 (max 80) Python av 30 (max MAYBE 40??? who knows) totals 90 max 120

Smelling what I'm stepping in?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:49 am

Mearcats wrote:

Well you're the numbers guy. Lol. Put your own numbers to the two options.

Here's how I see it

Teddy av 49 (max 75) Gurgess av 45 (max 60) totals at 94 max 135 (with Teddys potential to blow that number outta the water)

Fifi av 60 (max 80) Python av 30 (max MAYBE 40??? who knows) totals 90 max 120

Smelling what I'm stepping in?

Yes but the numbers don't always add up haha!!

I suppose added extra of Tedesco + Gurgess is I would still have Phythian making money as an NPR
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:52 am

mulvy wrote:I'm going to bed but am wavering back to a Smith team:

Smith Brailey
    Fifita Gurgess Faufusi Hoare
    Surgess McGuire ET Smat Siro nuff
    Norman Lamb Elgey nuff
    Idris Talakai nuff nuff
    Turbo Hayne RTS Python Cotric 78k

I was flirting with Smith to McInnes, but I've got everyone I want I think. Where would you upgrade with the cash generated? and the 78k should be enough to upgrade an npr on TLT or grab a must have cow in the first few weeks.

CTR and HLF obviously. The CTR is easy. Pick Talaki when he's ripe, move TTurb there and get Teddy (if after origin or early enough before to make it worthwhile holding). Then I'd take the money outta both Elgey anjd Lamb when he peaks (which I think will be earlier than people think) and get yourself a gun there. Norman is not a gun. He's close and could be if he continues in the vein he was last year but currently he's not in my books. Well, maybe he is but he ain't a match winning SG
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:53 am

@Mearcats

Thoughts on Ash Taylor
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:54 am

Welshy wrote:

Yes but the numbers don't always add up haha!!

I suppose added extra of Tedesco + Gurgess is I would still have Phythian making money as an NPR

This is true. And I would wager that Gurgess and Tedesco exceed my predictions average wise more often than Fifita and Python do. Honestly, I can't see the second option being anywhere near in line with option A. I'd go as far to give ya a 7.5+ start
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:55 am

Mearcats wrote:

CTR and HLF obviously. The CTR is easy. Pick Talaki when he's ripe, move TTurb there and get Teddy (if after origin or early enough before to make it worthwhile holding). Then I'd take the money outta both Elgey anjd Lamb when he peaks (which I think will be earlier than people think) and get yourself a gun there. Norman is not a gun. He's close and could be if he continues in the vein he was last year but currently he's not in my books. Well, maybe he is but he ain't a match winning SG

First of all thank you for going to the trouble. Second Norman is a gun. Third I meant if I went McInnes instead of Smith where would you put the extra cash in the initial squad? Thanks again.
    superbucks
    superbucks

Post by superbucks Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:57 am

Welshy wrote:over the last few weeks a few are emerging and TLT will throw up a few more happens EVERY single year, someone no one has talked about bags a start somewhere already guys like Cotric, Ponga, Burns, Suli are looking like potentially grabbing starting spots when it didnt look liekly a few weeks mack.

can't remember the saifiti brothers getting much talk last pre season then both were in the r1 squad

Yea if there's 2 other reasonable cheaps at WFB then sure.

I mean if you're structuring right now with the expectation that come Tuesday we'll have at least Phythlan + 2 cheap WFB's on the table then I think that's fine; since there's usually more debutants in the backs (well at least it seems that way).
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:01 am

Welshy wrote:@Mearcats

Thoughts on Ash Taylor

Secure. Solid option. Probably stands to generate a bit of cash but i wouldn't expect that number to be over 100k. Last year he was playing with Roberts. Roberts is that boring it's not funny. Rarely takes on a line, doesn't offer much as second receiver and apart from his kicking game leaves a bit to be desired. This gave ATay the chance to be the halves aggressor. This year that role will be Elgeys. So Less attacking stats for ATay but more base stats and therefor more reliable scores I would say.

I doubt we'll see a low rd score of 22 like last year (I think he'll run around at about 40 to mid 40's) but that may mean we won't see him reaching those 62's either. The consistency outweighs it for me and he's be a lock in if I wasn't running SJ and TMM. That 7 point shift in averages will be nice though.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:04 am

Mearcats wrote:

Secure. Solid option. Probably stands to generate a bit of cash but i wouldn't expect that number to be over 100k. Last year he was playing with Roberts. Roberts is that boring it's not funny. Rarely takes on a line, doesn't offer much as second receiver and apart from his kicking game leaves a bit to be desired. This gave ATay the chance to be the halves aggressor. This year that role will be Elgeys. So Less attacking stats for ATay but more base stats and therefor more reliable scores I would say.

I doubt we'll see a low rd score of 22 like last year (I think he'll run around at about 40 to mid 40's) but that may mean we won't see him reaching those 62's either. The consistency outweighs it for me and he's be a lock in if I wasn't running SJ and TMM. That 7 point shift in averages will be nice though.

Similar to my thoughts minus the fact I didn't project him to lose much through attacking points

Had around +4 for GK duties and +6 for additional KM so going in the 45-48 average this year, he does have the attackin potential to go 50+ I reckon best case

Does TMM's lack of base points not worry you?
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:12 am

mulvy wrote:

First of all thank you for going to the trouble. Second Norman is a gun. Third I meant if I went McInnes instead of Smith where would you put the extra cash in the initial squad? Thanks again.

Yeah, ok I'll give gun status to Norman. But he's a very timid gun. He's never gonna go smash out a 90+ like SJ or one of those guys. 

TBH bro, I'm not sure I would Make Smith McInnes... However, if you decided to go that way I'd probably upgrade Brailey. Stay with me here cos this is a little round-a-bout thinking I know but I can excuse people for not starting the season with Smith, one thing I cannot excuse is not finishing with him. So I'd want someone that I can feel a little more comfortable upgrading to Smith later on. Figures wise I think you dump Smith to McInnes and Brailey gives you 375k (including your 79k). Means you could play Koro. Not sure what the situation is there and whether he'll make more money. 

Alternatively, keep Brailey as a cow, hope his minutes stay safe (nothing guaranteed with the amount of hookers the sharks have) and use that coin when he peaks along with the 237k that you'd have stashed.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:19 am

Welshy wrote:

Similar to my thoughts minus the fact I didn't project him to lose much through attacking points

Had around +4 for GK duties and +6 for additional KM so going in the 45-48 average this year, he does have the attackin potential to go 50+ I reckon best case

Um, no. Lol. Do you think I'd run SJ if lack of base points worried me (cos you know as soon as Foran returns he loses all his KM's)? I am also running Teddy and he doesn't do a great deal with base points either (admittedly he gets kick defusals and try saves and what not). Honestly, it is a massive risk and it could break me but it's a risk I'm willing to take. I have 100k up my sleeve so can upgrade him if need be or failing that there'll be another rookie (thinking Fogarty) that comes through in a few weeks so I'll downgrade.

I should note... The only way I feel comfortable doing this is because I have Smith, Fifita, Gallen and SJ. I am counting on the fact that a TMM off week coincides with a big Fifi week or the likes. If both SJ and TMM have off weeks that could hurt but dems da breaks. I just needa watch both he and Panthers closely for the first few weeks and make an early decision if he's not working out so I don't bleed too much cash.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am

Mearcats wrote:

Um, no. Lol. Do you think I'd run SJ if lack of base points worried me (cos you know as soon as Foran returns he loses all his KM's)? I am also running Teddy and he doesn't do a great deal with base points either (admittedly he gets kick defusals and try saves and what not). Honestly, it is a massive risk and it could break me but it's a risk I'm willing to take. I have 100k up my sleeve so can upgrade him if need be or failing that there'll be another rookie (thinking Fogarty) that comes through in a few weeks so I'll downgrade.

I should note... The only way I feel comfortable doing this is because I have Smith, Fifita, Gallen and SJ. I am counting on the fact that a TMM off week coincides with a big Fifi week or the likes. If both SJ and TMM have off weeks that could hurt but dems da breaks. I just needa watch both he and Panthers closely for the first few weeks and make an early decision if he's not working out so I don't bleed too much cash.

TMM scares me because his one big game including 7 TBs, 2 LBs and a try he didn't have a game with more than 2 TB's then and only averaged 31.5 in 4 games (discounting his injury affected R8) small sample but that one huge game could be an anomoly plus he played those games without Cleary for all of them and without Moylan for 2 of them so the attacking output will be shared.

like Mulvy mentioned he could be the next Cody Walker but his price worries me, plus I'm a stickler for base points

Tedesco base points are TBs and tries mate Very Happy
    lewis9966
    lewis9966

Post by lewis9966 Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:28 am

i had SJ and Norman but now can only have 1

help
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:33 am

lewis9966 wrote:i had SJ and Norman but now can only have 1

help

I'd say Norman mate because SJ can usually be grabbed for ~380-400k when he has a run of 30s and 40s which happens every year

Normans halves partner basically doesn't kick and Foran due back R3 might take around 150KM a game off SJ

Plus Eels have amazing byes, I will have both at some point

lewis9966
    lewis9966

Post by lewis9966 Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:39 am

Welshy wrote:

I'd say Norman mate because SJ can usually be grabbed for ~380-400k when he has a run of 30s and 40s which happens every year

Normans halves partner basically doesn't kick and Foran due back R3 might take around 150KM a game off SJ

I had forgotten about byes, norman it is

adds 25k to the war chest for chasing cows aswell
    lewis9966
    lewis9966

Post by lewis9966 Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:47 am

Welshy wrote:

Not changed much in a few days what do you reckon.

Mcinnes Brailey
    Fifi (C) Gurgess Perrett Easy-E
    Surgess JDB ET SMat Sironen stimson
    Norman Lamb Elgey Fogerty
    Turbo Idris Kelly Cotric
    Hayne RTS Holmes Phythian Ponga

plus 68k. obv reserves depend on TLT. i think im gonna run without cam smith tho, love the balance elsewhere but will probably wuss out and go back to him
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:48 am

Welshy wrote:

TMM scares me because his one big game including 7 TBs, 2 LBs and a try he didn't have a game with more than 2 TB's then and only averaged 31.5 in 4 games (discounting his injury affected R8) small sample but that one huge game could be an anomoly plus he played those games without Cleary for all of them and without Moylan for 2 of them so the attacking output will be shared.

like Mulvy mentioned he could be the next Cody Walker but his price worries me, plus I'm a stickler for base points

Tedesco base points are TBs and tries mate Very Happy

All very valid points and I hear what you're saying regarding his attacking output being shared but he is a half so going to get his hands on the ball which will negate Moylan a bit until he chimes into the line. And if base stats are tbs for teddy there's no reason tmm can't do the same (tho in now way am I comparing him to Ted). He's also under 300k which makes me feel a bit more comfortable. I do like ATays ownership percentage but I find his pricing a little more awkward than TMMs
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:51 am

Welshy wrote:

Are we 100% certain that ATay has the GK duties? If so I will reevaluate as I hadn't factored that in. I still feel that while Roberts is around he'll kick goals. If, when Peats returns, Roberts plays a bench utility role then I would assume the kicking duties will go to ATay but until then I wouldn't be certain of that fact.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:59 pm