NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 7 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06

Post by Guest Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:03 pm

Glad you're staying on mate!

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 7 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06

Post by Guest Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:14 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:Glad you're staying on mate!

Never left, nothing to see here haha.... but yeah just needed to refocus that's all.

Anyways will put some more structured plans into place on Tuesday, need Gutherson to have a big game and for Moses to stay put.  Not asking for much am I haha

Post by Guest Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:22 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Never left, nothing to see here.....but yeah just needed to refocus that's all.

Anyways will put some more structured plans into place on Tuesday, need Gutherson to have a big game and for Moses to stay put.  Not asking for much am I haha

I'm hoping the eels have a big game as I have Norman, Brown and ET (I want him to tackle all night)

Hope Norman sets up Gutherson for a Hattty

Post by Guest Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:30 pm

Boozey is back in business baby! Good stuff Very Happy

Boozey - Your contribution to this forum never goes unnoticed. While I may not get the chance to always reply to your weekly updates and posts I always make sure I read your thread to keep up to date on your progress. Keep it up lad. Definitely one of if the not my fav threads on this forum (I even rate it higher then the hot chicks thread)

Post by Guest Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:50 pm

Cheers Panda, appreciate the message. Though you get to look at a beautiful blonde daily Wink

Damn you all and your nice messages haha
    Now I feel like one of those dicks who quit something wanting attention and then don't 

*Insert witty comment*

Well guess i will have to make it up with some clever bye options/planning or something now?

Post by Guest Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:59 pm

Boozecluez wrote:Cheers Panda, appreciate the message. Though you get to look at a beautiful blonde daily Wink

Will be OS for over a month so by the time I get back I will be able to change this fucking avatar to something even more beautiful. Like a picture of Jack Bird in a Broncos jersey Love Dance
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:21 am

Stick strong youngen !
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:25 am

Return of the Booze! cheer

Post by Guest Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:23 am

Round 7 results

Round 7 is over and it was another big week with some popular players going large. Unfortunately you can't have them all and when they do score well then you take a hit to the rankings.
    Got a little unlucky copping an AE of 10 as well when CHN played reserve grade but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.
    While Cartwright was still out injured and with CHN's form, few would have guessed Tim Browne was going to make an appearance and this caught a lot of people out.
    Also due to it being the second to last game I had no players to reserve so just opted to chuck the reserve on Fogarty in case he was a late inclusion. These things happen, and you never know if the gamble might pay off.

Trade review
    Jacks number was up once Munster was named and didn't see much upside keeping him for the week so needed to go.
    CWalker is long term so while he didn't score great this week it should hopefully balance out overall
    Bromwich has done his job and needed to go and recently he has played more as a prop so was a matter of time where he didn't score well and didn't have the tackle breaks to offset this.
    Chricton proved to be a great buy and kept his workrate right up there for a second week and looks to play 80.
    So happy enough with there trades

H2H
    Well congrats to Ramrod and Trade rage tragedy.
    Sub 900 scores weren't going to cut it with your monster scores haha
    Strong competitive leagues are great and help push us to the next level, will need to life even more of coming weeks.

Injuries
    Idris is the main concern here and limped off with a hamstring issue, so await his report to see how long he is out for. 

Form
    More position selection than form, Gutherson is bleeding heavy cash and while not a cow, with a BE of 
    64 might have to quit while I am ahead and make him a trade out option as he looks to continue playing fullback where he is a 35 point scorer. At his price he needs to be scoring more

CHN/Yates are now bit part bench players to NSW cup players and given the uncertainty and Yates BE it would be a smart option to turn him into a keeper and not gamble with his role/minutes/points.

Need to keep plugging the leaks that have suddenly appeared and move on as best as I can.
    Will have one eye on byes too and will have to make some tough calls soon tonne ready for them

Anyways if you have made it to this far of my post, then thanks for reading and good luck with this week which looks like a tough one.

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 7 Round_73
    Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 7 Round_74

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 7 Round_40
    Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 7 Round_38

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 7 Round_76
    Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 7 Round_79

Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 7 Round_77
    Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 7 Round_75
    Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 7 Round_78
    Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 7 Round_80
    Trials and Tribulations of an NRL Fantasy coach 2017 - Round 14 Trades update 08/06 - Page 7 Round_81
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:03 pm

Nice work Booze, what trades are you thinking this week? Very Happy

Post by Guest Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:18 am

Onthebeatpete wrote:Nice work Booze, what trades are you thinking this week? Very Happy

Thinking
    Gutherson to Nikorima
    Yates to Whitehead 

This week I am in need of an upgrade of Yates and looking for points and another keeper
    Looking at Whitehead as he is great value, good byes and low BE. Had him as a keeper last year so saves trades too.

Due to Frawley not starting it means I need another half (for now) and needs to be affordable.
    Prerequisites are under 300k, with potential to make cash and perhaps 35+ score
    Nikorima is the only real option I can see to replace him and help fund the whitehead upgrade so Walker back to fullback 

Lamb will hold one spot for now with decent job security, which really only leaves Gutherson.
    Will play around and look at Jennings downgrade to see if possible and keep Gutherson but for now he seems like the easiest one to go
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:48 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Thinking
    Gutherson to Nikorima
    Yates to Whitehead 

This week I am in need of an upgrade of Yates and looking for points and another keeper
    Looking at Whitehead as he is great value, good byes and low BE. Had him as a keeper last year so saves trades too.

Due to Frawley not starting it means I need another half (for now) and needs to be affordable.
    Nikorima is the only real option I can see to replace him and help fund the whitehead upgrade so Walker back to fullback 

Lamb will hold one spot for now with decent job security, which really only leaves Gutherson.
    Will play around and look at Jennings downgrade to see if possible and keep Gutherson but for now he seems like the easiest one to go

I've lost faith in Guth and traded him in for Cwalker last round...
    I'm just short on $$$ this round to get Whitehead... used the money to get Crichton in last week... but this is definitely a good week to get Whitehead in
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:26 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Thinking
    Gutherson to Nikorima
    Yates to Whitehead 

If you have held Gutherson this long, it might not be a bad idea to keep him.

It looks like Moses might play the year out at the Tigers, and if Guth goes back to the halves when French returns he'll be good for the byes, plus make back any cash he lost.
    I don't think he'll drop that much more in price - and he is certainly capable of busting out a big score at fullback.

Of course if you need the funds to upgrade elsewhere then that must be factored in too.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:26 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Thinking
    Gutherson to Nikorima
    Yates to Whitehead 

If you have held Gutherson this long, it might not be a bad idea to keep him.

It looks like Moses might play the year out at the Tigers, and if Guth goes back to the halves when French returns he'll be good for the byes, plus make back any cash he lost.
    I don't think he'll drop that much more in price - and he is certainly capable of busting out a big score at fullback.

Of course if you need the funds to upgrade elsewhere then that must be factored in too.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:27 pm

Why is Bren showing as 'Guest' ?

Post by Guest Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:50 pm

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.
    With my current team If I make no trades I am forced to make my reserves (After Mcinnes and Kaufusi)
    2 of either Yates/CHN/Rennings/Kelly/Frawley

Now based on the above I am happy to roll the dice on one player, but that is a lot of points I am giving up if 2 fail or worse don't play/small minutes off bench.
    So trading Gutherson who I am reluctant to give up now, I can't see any ways to increase my reserve depth without trading him out.

Turning Yates into Whitehead means I have a third keeper reserve and should Frawley/CHN start give me a more solid 4th player.

Alternative is not to bring Whitehead but with his low BE he will be out of reach in a couple weeks.
    No one else really sub 400k

Nikorima is a gamble but what I need for 4 weeks, some points/money and with some gun halves losing money should work out alright. Not confident but need to gamble and I am not keen on Feeney or another NPR this early

If I get rid of are Rennings via Fogarty and bring in Nikorima it still means I am short 2 good reserves and feels sideways

If anyone can see any other options I am all ears.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:16 pm

Boozecluez wrote:Thanks for all the feedback everyone.
    With my current team If I make no trades I am forced to make my reserves (After Mcinnes and Kaufusi)
    2 of either Yates/CHN/Rennings/Kelly/Frawley

Now based on the above I am happy to roll the dice on one player, but that is a lot of points I am giving up if 2 fail or worse don't play/small minutes off bench.
    So trading Gutherson who I am reluctant to give up now, I can't see any ways to increase my reserve depth without trading him out.

Turning Yates into Whitehead means I have a third keeper reserve and should Frawley/CHN start give me a more solid 4th player.

Alternative is not to bring Whitehead but with his low BE he will be out of reach in a couple weeks.
    No one else really sub 400k

Nikorima is a gamble but what I need for 4 weeks, some points/money and with some gun halves losing money should work out alright. Not confident but need to gamble and I am not keen on Feeney or another NPR this early

If I get rid of are Rennings via Fogarty and bring in Nikorima it still means I am short 2 good reserves and feels sideways

If anyone can see any other options I am all ears.
    Whitehead in for Yates.

R CHN and hope he starts.
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:13 pm

I don't even see CHN playing, let alone starting.

I'd go...
    Yates out, Aubo/Sione to 2RF, move Kelly onto the field, move Rennings to CTR, Move Fogarty to WFB, and Trade in Nikorima.
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:17 pm

Or you could move Cotric to CTR instead of Rennings and play him instead of Kelly. Then move Walker to WFB, and run Nikorima as your other starting HLF

Post by Guest Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:21 pm

dreamers wrote:
    Whitehead in for Yates.

R CHN and hope he starts.

Don't have the cash straight up for a Whitehead swap with Yates unfortunately.
    Thanks though, that would be perfect but I splurge my savings on CWalker last week haha

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:09 pm