NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread - Page 36 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:41 am

manlybeaver wrote:How many starters does everyone have for rnd 12 I currently have 12 barring injuries

Hey man,

After this weeks trades I currently have 14 but to be honest I think total starters can often be a misleading metric to work with given its all about points in the end.

In my planning I've worked out how many starters, how many guns, but ultimately how many projected points.

So currently with 14 guys, thats 11 guns (perhaps being generous as Im including guys like Crichton, Whitehead, Milf, Norman in that list). and a total projected points of 700.

Prior to 12 I plan on bringing in 2 more guys to put the total to 780, with 16.

NO doubt you already know this, but worth pointing it out for anyone else that might benefit, is that to do well over the byes you really have to attempt to look at your projected totals over the course of the whole period. No good stacking your team for round 12 only to have half a team on the park for 15 and 18.

So as it stands I currently have projected 4635 points across the 6 bye rounds. So much could change of course but I think its worth having a play round with things to maximise your total score and keep in mind total trades.
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread - Page 36 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Post by Clack Bocks Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:35 am

Anyone keen to do a favour for me? I want to trade Etaylor to Tolman but only if Frawley (or Lichaa/Reynolds/Mbye) is on the bench. I'm at a wedding on Sunday so won't be able to check the late mail so can someone do the trade for me on sunday provided it's a 3 forward bench?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:53 am

Clack Bocks wrote:Anyone keen to do a favour for me? I want to trade Etaylor to Tolman but only if Frawley (or Lichaa/Reynolds/Mbye) is on the bench. I'm at a wedding on Sunday so won't be able to check the late mail so can someone do the trade for me on sunday provided it's a 3 forward bench?

I could probably do it for you mate, but with a little baby running around you might be best to find someone more reliable than me. If you can find anyone though let me know. I should be able to do it, Im just not 100% confident as sometimes things come up.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:56 am

Anyone taking the ount on KNiko?

I was tempted but just don't trust his future scoring enough for the cash grab.

Amd captaincy options this week?
    McCullough, Smith, Gallen, JDB the main considerations for me.
    Do I stick with McCullough after 1 week of failure?
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:40 pm

manlybeaver wrote:How many starters does everyone have for rnd 12 I currently have 12 barring injuries

13 for me.
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:44 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I think so. The other option for me is to bring back Hayne - same price and available at HLF in this comp.

Souths' record with ARey out is abysmal. Not sure if that means Macca will do less tackling, or have a better chance to rack up attacking stats. Or make no difference at all.

I'd be wary of Gallen, given he got reduced minutes last week (presumably once the Sharks had the game in the bag). Might be the same situation this week against the Titans.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:19 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Thought about it, but he wouldnt be in my 17 and its 50 - 50 whether he'd be any use for round 12. So it would just be a cash grab and like you say Im not sure its worth it. Also I wouldnt be able to get Graham this week if I got KNik.

Throughout this whole season I've got the captaincy right twice. Each of the other times I've missed out on a bout 20 points bumping around from Cam to McCullough to JDB. I think Cam this week... Warriors pound it through the middle so he should get the base stats and I reckon the Warriors will give Cam some attacking stats too. My other options are McCullough JBD, Gallen, Graham, Mannering - I might back flip and go McCullough, but the rest are a bit too much of a gamble and I dont need to take that right now....
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:25 pm

jelejasof wrote:

I think so. The other option for me is to bring back Hayne - same price and available at HLF in this comp.

Souths' record with ARey out is abysmal.  Not sure if that means Macca will do less tackling, or have a better chance to rack up attacking stats.  Or make no difference at all.

I'd be wary of Gallen, given he got reduced minutes last week (presumably once the Sharks had the game in the bag).  Might be the same situation this week against the Titans.

I was going to bring Gurgess in, but now having 2nd thoughts as I think he might go back to the bench when ARey comes back.

So Niko enters the picture a little. Or could bring Milford in, but don't really see him as a keeper so he'd probably only be a temporary option

Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:38 pm

I am bringing in Niko but I am going terrible and clutching at straws Embarassed
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:50 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I was going to bring Gurgess in, but now having 2nd thoughts as I think he might go back to the bench when ARey comes back.

So Niko enters the picture a little. Or could bring Milford in, but don't really see him as a keeper so he'd probably only be a temporary option

No stats to back this up but i don't think Gurgess coming off the bench v starting makes a difference to his scoring. More a question of minutes on the field and ultimately performance. And yes, if ARey is back, then you would assume Turner shuffles back to the prop rotation. (I think he or Surgess might still play some prop tonight with Murray spelling one or both in the back row).

Gurgess' breakout year, both in terms of fantasy and real life, came off the bench. High hopes he would recapture that form this year but realistically its now been a while since he produced, as reflected in his discounted price.

Having said that, he is definitely on my radar, but happy to wait and see this week at least.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:22 pm

Happy to bring in Niko and Crichton this week. Even if he flops, Niko is probably going to do better than Jacks. If only I hadn't traded out Lamb last week!
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:52 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

I could probably do it for you mate, but with a little baby running around you might be best to find someone more reliable than me. If you can find anyone though let me know. I should be able to do it, Im just not 100% confident as sometimes things come up.

Just realised I have to move Wallace so need to decide on Saturday so should be ok
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:09 pm

Bah. Played Cotric over Moga and Talakai (and Suli)
    Not going to crack the 1000 this week

Took the (c) off McCullough though.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:18 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Bah. Played Cotric over Moga and Talakai (and Suli)
    Not going to crack the 1000 this week

Took the (c) off McCullough though.

Played Cotric over D Walker Embarassed thought Raiders would run riot Rolling Eyes
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:56 am

Fuck my halves have let me down time to bring in some guns now
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:05 am

I think a bunch of top players will have struggled in the Cs this week. As of last week: All have Cotric and I suspect a number will have played him, 6/10 have T Trbo, 3 have BJ, and as of last week only 4 had Crichton (will be interesting to see how many prioritised picking him up.... Without him peoples Cs this week will be incredibly weak!
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:53 pm

Having DWalks and TPG as non players is hard to look at No
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:52 pm

Almost brought in Manu Ma'u this week.

Almost certainly will do it next week, give me a Crichton/Ma'u Centre pairing through the byes, and then worry about an upgrade (if I need one at all) after origin.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:20 pm

CHN, Moga and Yates in my NPRs this week. That's 165 points right there
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:42 pm

Glad I swapped Brailey to CHN before the first game today. Make up some points I lost by brining in Leilua.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:29 pm