NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread - Page 35 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:02 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Team worth $8,788,600

Entirely possible some have more than that one you include cash in the bank. But that's not visible to me to work out.

Looking the goods mate.

I see, like me, you finally bit the bullet and captained Macca this week, only for Smithy to inevitably outscore him......
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread - Page 35 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:05 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Looking the goods mate.

I see, like me, you finally bit the bullet and captained Macca this week, only for Smithy to inevitably outscore him......

I'd be captaining Gallen previously. But yes, finally switched to macca for no reward
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:53 pm

I had a look at all the teams in the top ten and thought I'd share some notes. Hopefully they are of interest:

Every single top ten team has Brailey except one who has Cam and McCullough. (5 in total have Cam and 4 McCullough, 1 has McInnes)

All but 1 team has Surgess (lucky he got cleared otherwise that would have been massive).

All but two have Lolo

All but two have SJ

7/10 have Vaughn

7/10 still have Hess

Only one has Aubusson

Only 2 have Smat and/or Whitehead

Only 3 have Slater, Milford, and/or JDB

Only 4 have J Graham, and/or Norman

5 have Mannering and/or Teddy

6 have Crichton
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:40 pm

This week's BEs

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread - Page 35 EBLACJp
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:50 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I'm guessing that JBrom will enter my team (and everyone else's) at some stage - just a matter of waiting until they've nursed him back enough and his minutes increase to what they should be.
    Will happen but happy enough to wait and miss the first week that occurs.

In fact looking at the bye schedule the Storm players are ideal to bring in post Rd 12 as their next bye is the not so crowded Rd 19 - Harris and JBrom will likely enter my side around that time.

Obviously you will have to wait for the outcome of what happens with Burgess but he is a must have now.

In terms of JGraham or Tolman, I personally went Tolman this week and after he rolled out a 70 odd on Friday I was patting myself on the back for being a deadset genius.
    The next day rolled around and I had to painfully watch as Kaufusi (the bloke I traded out for Tolman) rolled out an 80-odd....a day is a long time in Rugby League (and particularly fantasy football)!

And therein lies my conundrum! You are right, IMO ideally the timing for bringing in JBrom is round 13 (in terms of byes), BUT the timing for bringing in JBrom in terms of value (assuming he gets back to his old fantasy form which is presumably why you would want to bring him in) is probably this week or next week at the latest. Anytime later and you miss the bus on getting him at bottom dollar which as it stands is roughly -$100k. The risk is that he doesnt return to form though.

I'm personally feeling as though the risk isnt worth it at this stage given where my team is at, but for others it might be....
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:52 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

And therein lies my conundrum! You are right, IMO ideally the timing for bringing in JBrom is round 13 (in terms of byes), BUT the timing for bringing in JBrom in terms of value (assuming he gets back to his old fantasy form which is presumably why you would want to bring him in) is probably this week or next week at the latest. Anytime later and you miss the bus on getting him at bottom dollar which as it stands is roughly -$100k. The risk is that he doesnt return to form though.

I'm personally feeling as though the risk isnt worth it at this stage given where my team is at, but for others it might be....

I had actually assumed his minutes were down last week based on his score but it looks as if he played 53 mins which is getting up there.

Potentially his workrate is down but the longer he keeps this up the more chance he is of staying at roughly this price towards Rd 13.
    He only has 4 games to go and with a BE of 49 there is every chance he doesn't hit that again this week.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:42 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I had actually assumed his minutes were down last week based on his score but it looks as if he played 53 mins which is getting up there.

Potentially his workrate is down but the longer he keeps this up the more chance he is of staying at roughly this price towards Rd 13.
    He only has 4 games to go and with a BE of 49 there is every chance he doesn't hit that again this week.

Yeah exactly, that's whats perked my interest in him - he's getting close. So my thoughts are that if he is gonna get back to previous form, and I havent heard anything to suggest he wont, then it could well be about to happen from this week.

You are right though, in terms of value, even if he has a monster game, nothing much will change this week (in terms of price) with a BE of 49. So it does give us one more look, but he'll quickly increase in value if he starts to hit >50s each week. Im not exactly sure but you'd think by round 13 he would >$400k again and therefore much of the value is gone.

That being said, for now I'll hold off him, but keep a close eye on where he is at.  Backing Whitehead and jumping on him early has served me well. Its not quite the same with JBrom, but first signs that he is back to regular fantasy production and I reckon he could be a really nice POD.
    Mr X
    Mr X

Post by Mr X Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:53 pm

With J Brom the run metres and tackles were there last week. As soon as his confidence is back and he starts offloading and breaking tackles he will score over 50 weekly.
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:51 pm

whats niko break even cant see it on spread sheet
    Roger8
    Roger8

Post by Roger8 Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:16 pm

manlybeaver wrote:whats niko break even cant see it on spread sheet

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:30 pm

At work and don't have access to my spreadsheet, but when I get the chance I'll upload the full sheet so those that are keen can do their own searches/manipulation
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:43 pm

After 7 rounds, best possible 17 (on season average) is

McCullough Smith
    De Belin Gallen Graham Fifita
    Taumalolo Papalii Vaughan McGuire
    Johnson Pearce
    Aubusson Aitken
    Rapana CWalker Tedesco

Who is going to be different come round 26?
    Wouldn't be surprised if Papalii and maybe Vaughan drop out. Surgess will certainly challenge to come in and a bunch of other players on the cusp of selection.

Tohu Harris and Angus Crichton will challenge for best centre.

This is toughest trade week for a while for me
    Have to start cashing out if I want decent upgrades, but not a lot of tempting downgrade targets.

lloosemcgoose
    lloosemcgoose

Post by lloosemcgoose Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:09 am

t turbo, rts, nofa, mansour, leilua could be there seasons end
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:13 am

Milchcow wrote:
    After 7 rounds, best possible 17 (on season average) is

McCullough Smith
    De Belin Gallen Graham Fifita
    Taumalolo Papalii Vaughan McGuire
    Johnson Pearce
    Aubusson Aitken
    Rapana CWalker Tedesco

Who is going to be different come round 26?
    Wouldn't be surprised if Papalii and maybe Vaughan drop out. Surgess will certainly challenge to come in and a bunch of other players on the cusp of selection.

Tohu Harris and Angus Crichton will challenge for best centre.

This is toughest trade week for a while for me
    Have to start cashing out if I want decent upgrades, but not a lot of tempting downgrade targets.

Yeah Im finding it a bit tough too. Can I ask though, to you and anyone else, in terms of cash outs, at this stage of the game what are your priorities?
    I.e. is it finding someone that might add to one or more of your bye round scores?
    is it finding someone that might generate more cash?
    a combination of both?
    or is it simply finding a bottom dollar player to maximise the cash out?

For what it's worth Im looking at Elliot from the dogs. Mainly because he should get good game time over Origin but also cause he is close to bottom $.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:44 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Yeah Im finding it a bit tough too. Can I ask though, to you and anyone else, in terms of cash outs, at this stage of the game what are your priorities?
    I.e. is it finding someone that might add to one or more of your bye round scores?
    is it finding someone that might generate more cash?
    a combination of both?

or is it simply finding a bottom dollar player to maximise the cash out?

For what it's worth Im looking at Elliot from the dogs. Mainly because he should get good game time over Origin but also cause he is close to bottom $.

Depends on your situation but ideally all of the above!

Realistically for my team that has now slipped out of the top 100, I am looking for immediate and also Rd 12 points.....but I also need cash to be able to purchase those points.

I have banked a few trades over the first half of the season but I may need to use two trades (as cashout and an upgrade) and thus will have to take a punt on some bottom dollar players which may get a run in Rd 12.

Anyone have any ideas of who that may be?

Some thoughts at this stage are:

Jamayne Isako - named on the Broncos extended bench and may get a run somewhere in the backline during Origin. May need Oates to retain his Origin spot.

Fu Brown - Not rock bottom at $152k but may slot in for Maloney, jag some decent points and then be drift back to reggies.

Renouf Toomaga, Francis Tualau - both may be decent cash outs that could jag a helpful 20 points in Rd 12 and then drift off into oblivion. They are also serial extended benchies and thus could turn into AE nightmares if they get promoted during the back end of the season.
    There may also be some decent opportunities in the backline for the Dogs if the Morris bro's get selected but I'm not 100% sure if there is any cheap options that are a chance.

Lindsay Collins - low chance of jagging a Roosters backline spot but named on extended bench so may get a crack.

JNiko - also not bottom dollar but carving up in NSW cup and could come in for Pearce (if selected) but may be overlooked for Connor Watson.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:48 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Depends on your situation but ideally all of the above!

Realistically for my team that has now slipped out of the top 100, I am looking for immediate and also Rd 12 points.....but I also need cash to be able to purchase those points.

I have banked a few trades over the first half of the season but I may need to use two trades (as cashout and an upgrade) and thus will have to take a punt on some bottom dollar players which may get a run in Rd 12.

Anyone have any ideas of who that may be?

Some thoughts at this stage are:

Jamayne Isako - named on the Broncos extended bench and may get a run somewhere in the backline during Origin. May need Oates to retain his Origin spot.

Fu Brown - Not rock bottom at $152k but may slot in for Maloney, jag some decent points and then be drift back to reggies.

Renouf Toomaga, Francis Tualau - both may be decent cash outs that could jag a helpful 20 points in Rd 12 and then drift off into oblivion. They are also serial extended benchies and thus could turn into AE nightmares if they get promoted during the back end of the season.
    There may also be some decent opportunities in the backline for the Dogs if the Morris bro's get selected but I'm not 100% sure if there is any cheap options that are a chance.

Lindsay Collins - low chance of jagging a Roosters backline spot but named on extended bench so may get a crack.

JNiko - also not bottom dollar but carving up in NSW cup and could come in for Pearce (if selected) but may be overlooked for Connor Watson.

Thats really helpful mate, sorry I can't really add anything...

I guess Fai from the Broncs has been thrown around a bit on the other thread.

Montoya at the dogs is still pretty cheap and presumably has a pretty good chance of playing 80 rounds 12 and 18 at least.

Thats about all I got though mate... Sad
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:16 pm

Am looking at Sironen and/or D.Walker out. Whitehead and K.Niko or J.Hayne in. Hayne I can wait a week or two. SST is the other guy I'm interested in as soon as he gets his starting spot back.

Currently 54th, but using more trades than i normally do which worries me a bit.

Am looking at the bye rounds with each trade from now, but every year I fall into the trap of keeping someone (Musgrove, R.Jennings) who have good byes but otherwise don't warrant holding on to.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:24 pm

@Milchcow, was interested in your comments in the NRLF thread about the difference between the two comps. I've always done better in VSDT and I don't think its just because of the smaller playing pool (although that helps). IMO, the three week price change window makes an enormous difference. It means that those that rely more on logic and analysis have a chance to look twice at a player before bringing him in - you might miss the initial points but you won't miss the cash. In NRLF you have to take more of a chance, which rewards more 'impulsive' players. I missed Hess and Ponga in NRLF but didn't make that mistake here.
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:54 am

How many starters does everyone have for rnd 12 I currently have 12 barring injuries
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:40 am

11 for me. Backs are OK but forwards very light on. Have to try and bring in 1-2 guns, and hopefully 1-2 cash outs in the next few weeks.

Current date/time is Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:23 pm