NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Post by Clack Bocks Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:10 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:So thinking ahead (probably 3/4 rounds from here) how does this sound for a potential option:

I currently have Smith/McCullough as my 2 hooking options.

Im thinking, subject to having a look at Segeyaro over the next few weeks of trading out Cam Smith for Segeyaro.

The rationale:
    (1) there are quite a few value players coming onto the market over the next few weeks (Whitehead, Taumalolo, Slater, Bodene, Leilua.....) and I will need to find some $ to get them this potentially solves that. Segeyaro has been priced at $320k (could go lower depending on how the sharks play him to begin with). Smith Looks set to hang around the $600k mark give or take.

(2) Segeyaro himself is likely to be significant value, particularly if he comes off the bench at least once, but is likely value anyway

(3) I'm probably gonna trade out Cam anyway as he will miss 4 rounds? from TRnd 12 to Rnd 19 so this way I trade him out early and cope with out him for an extra 4 or 5 rounds....

(4) Segeyaro has good bye coverage and compliments McCullough relatively well over that period.

Am I nuts?

If you have the trades, it makes sense. But for those few games Cam does play he scores well.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Post by Jele Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:52 pm

Considering trading out Thurston for Norman this week before the price gap becomes too large (i have just enough dollars now). Seems sacrilegious to trade out JT but Norman's form, importance to Parra, and byes, are pretty tempting..
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:53 pm

Clack Bocks wrote:

If you have the trades, it makes sense. But for those few games Cam does play he scores well.

Every year i tell myself i will trade Cam out over the origin period and never go through with it. He misses an extra game this year so maybe its the year to do it.
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:29 pm

Are there any bye planners doing the rounds? I need to start planning to make lost ground. Usually i dont worry and just pick the best players i can but hasnt worked out so far.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:37 pm

Bullbender wrote:Are there any bye planners doing the rounds? I need to start planning to make lost ground. Usually i dont worry and just pick the best players i can but hasnt worked out so far.

@Bullbender

See posts by DK and Mulvy in the following link:

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t467p820-2017-nrl-com-fantasy-thread-part-21#109040

Here is a good article on bye planning for this season:

http://www.nrlsupercoachtalk.com/nrl-2017-draw-released/
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:42 pm

Simon Templar wrote:

@Bullbender

See posts by DK and Mulvy in the following link:

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t467p820-2017-nrl-com-fantasy-thread-part-21#109040

Here is a good article on bye planning for this season:

http://www.nrlsupercoachtalk.com/nrl-2017-draw-released/
    Cheers ST. I saw them but im after the excel type ones where you can put your team in and it pumps out the numbers for each round. Ive looked through the FB groups but i think it might be a bit early. Cheers for the reply ST, thumbs up for you
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:51 pm

Bullbender wrote:
    Cheers ST. I saw them but im after the excel type ones where you can put your team in and it pumps out the numbers for each round. Ive looked through the FB groups but i think it might be a bit early. Cheers for the reply ST, thumbs up for you

Hey bullbender. My 2017 team planner has one.
    Should linked in the stats thread or page 1 of the fantasy thread.
    I'd find it myself but on mobile.

Almost traded in Maubbs in this comp for ET.
    Hope I don't regret it
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:29 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Hey bullbender. My 2017 team planner has one.
    Should linked in the stats thread or page 1 of the fantasy thread.
    I'd find it myself but on mobile.

Almost traded in Maubbs in this comp for ET.
    Hope I don't regret it
    Cheers Milchy. Ill have another look. I like the trade. I dont think you can go wrong with Maubbs this year with Matterson and Watson on the bench. Might change when some big boys return but for now he is just about a must have to sure up that centre spot at the moment and gonna make some cash in the interim. Still too much uncertainty with ET
    lloosemcgoose
    lloosemcgoose

Post by lloosemcgoose Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:42 am

@Pacey's Best i think you might just give me a spanking this week pacey!
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:45 am

Keep getting lucky in this game. I don't have Surgess but obviously want him, at least before the byes. Dude was on track to get 80 odd last night but instead plays 40min, doesn't make his BE and therefore will be even cheaper. Add him to the list of value buys I reckon! Sux for those who already have him though huh!
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:49 am

Bullbender wrote:
    Cheers Milchy. Ill have another look. I like the trade. I dont think you can go wrong with Maubbs this year with Matterson and Watson on the bench. Might change when some big boys return but for now he is just about a must have to sure up that centre spot at the moment and gonna make some cash in the interim. Still too much uncertainty with ET

He was the only guy I had in last nights game. So for the first half I watched him pretty closely. Seems to be going pretty well. As long as people attack down his side the guy tackles well and will rack up the points, he doesn't miss many, so even without any significant attacking stats he still pumped out a decent score. One of his missed tackles last night was a bit unlucky as well because he was just putting pressure on the kicker and swung an arm out. Trouble is he is getting pretty expensive, no doubt he has a few more price rises in him, but this weeks rise (given his negative BE) will likely be the biggest, after that I suspect he's a bit of a slow burn to his peak and then time will tell as to whether he can maintain those scores and hence his value. So you will have to pay for what you get from him and one has to wonder if there are better places to put the money at the moment with all the value guys coming onto the market?

Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:28 am

lloosemcgoose wrote:@Pacey's Best i think you might just give me a spanking this week pacey!

Hey mate, I dunno about that. I think this HIA stuff is going to mess with a lot of fantasy coaches, just like Sam Burgess last night so nothing is guaranteed. Let's hope both of us hit 900 this week.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:59 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Keep getting lucky in this game. I don't have Surgess but obviously want him, at least before the byes. Dude was on track to get 80 odd last night but instead plays 40min, doesn't make his BE and therefore will be even cheaper. Add him to the list of value buys I reckon! Sux for those who already have him though huh!

Yeah lucky for some, unlucky for others....

I bloody VC'd Surgess thinking he might be in for a big one and was already starting to plan how I was going to do the VC loop when he didn't come out in the 2nd half.

I know player welfare blah, blah etc. etc. but from a selfish viewpoint this HIA stuff is really giving me the shits.
    lloosemcgoose
    lloosemcgoose

Post by lloosemcgoose Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:27 pm

Pacey's Best wrote:

Hey mate, I dunno about that. I think this HIA stuff is going to mess with a lot of fantasy coaches, just like Sam Burgess last night so nothing is guaranteed. Let's hope both of us hit 900 this week.

we can hope

if this hia stuff keeps having a significant impact maybe the viability of forwards decreases, might have to think about investing into a quality half or back instead of another forward.

tbh I just see it as another random variable in fantasy terms, sucks but everyone is in the same boat so I find it hard to get worked up about it
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:45 pm

Yates over Brailey for 4th reserve? Other reserves are Hess, PKaufusi and Wallace.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:51 pm

I'd dump Kaufusi and play Yates.

I have both as NPRs this week.
    Would have swapped Yates in for Musgrove if he hadn't already played. As it is will keep Yates out of team for now
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:50 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    I'd dump Kaufusi and play Yates.

I have both as NPRs this week.
    Would have swapped Yates in for Musgrove if he hadn't already played. As it is will keep Yates out of team for now

Word is Yates is starting
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:51 pm

Thanks guys, I think starting Yates was the right call, especially given this news that Seggy is on the bench. Now to choose between Kaufusi and Brailey for last reserve.

Anyone want to talk me out of trading JT for Norman?
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:39 pm

jelejasof wrote:Thanks guys, I think starting Yates was the right call, especially given this news that Seggy is on the bench.  Now to choose between Kaufusi and Brailey for last reserve.

Anyone want to talk me out of trading JT for Norman?

Does it need to be this week JJ?

Just to show how luck plays out in this game I wanted to go Elgey > Jacks which didnt allow me enough funds to go Farah > McInnes and ended up going with McCullough instead, so far so good.
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:00 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:

Does it need to be this week JJ?

Just to show how luck plays out in this game I wanted to go Elgey > Jacks which didnt allow me enough funds to go Farah > McInnes and ended up going with McCullough instead, so far so good.

Yeah, I won't be able to afford it next week with Norman's likely price rise and JT's likely drop...

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:03 am