NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Part 3

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Part 3  - Page 9 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Part 3

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:27 am

filthridden wrote:
    Similar to my team except I obviously have Kenny Sio in over Slater because not only is he a better fantasy scorer, he's just a genuine superstar of the game unlike little Willy Slater.

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Part 3  - Page 9 MR62F

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Part 3  - Page 9 Giphy
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Part 3  - Page 9 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Part 3

Post by Mulvy Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:46 am

Matthew Wright broken hand. Should be right for Rd 1

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:02 am

mulvy wrote:Matthew Wright broken hand. Should be right for Rd 1
    Broken hand or too much wrist action?
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:21 am

Hey guys. Happy 2017 to all. Is anyone playing VSDT this year?

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:25 am

Simon Templar wrote:Hey guys. Happy 2017 to all. Is anyone playing VSDT this year?

Gday ST! Welcome back to the forums. Hope you are well? In the next week or so I'll chuck up a League registration thread for VSDT for those wishing to partake. You should have a go at NRL Fantasy this year lad! New Year, new you, new game Razz
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:29 am

Simon Templar wrote:Hey guys. Happy 2017 to all. Is anyone playing VSDT this year?

Hey ST.

I'll be playing VSDT this year, and I imagine a few other guys will be.

Just noticed its actually open already for 2017 - not much effective publiciity going on from them. Prizes down as well, looks like they are dying a slow death

Start a VSDT thread if you want, or just talk about it in here. The scoring is similar enough that its mostly the same players that are relevant in both VSDT and Fantasy
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:35 am

Supercoach opened today too
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:36 am

Just had a look at VSDT, some useful DPPs available

Sironen available at HLF
    Sione at WFB
    Tohu in CTR
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:42 am

Bren wrote:

Gday ST! Welcome back to the forums. Hope you are well? In the next week or so I'll chuck up a League registration thread for VSDT for those wishing to partake. You should have a go at NRL Fantasy this year lad! New Year, new you, new game Razz

Hey KFP. How are you doing mate? Are you in good health these days?

I'm struggling with the CFS, but que sera sera. It's a life-changing condition, and there is no cure (atm), but at least it's not terminal.

I won't be playing NRLF mate. I honestly prefer VSDT and my CFS brain fog CAN'T cope with playing more than one NRL fantasy game. I get mixed up if I try to play different games, with different formats and different scoring systems.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:51 am

Milchcow wrote:

Hey ST.

I'll be playing VSDT this year, and I imagine a few other guys will be.

Just noticed its actually open already for 2017 - not much effective publiciity going on from them. Prizes down as well, looks like they are dying a slow death

Start a VSDT thread if you want, or just talk about it in here. The scoring is similar enough that its mostly the same players that are relevant in both VSDT and Fantasy

Hey Milchy. I play VSDT because I prefer it. Not really too fussed about prizes. I just play for fun and the challenge. I'm in a private league that I have been in since 2009 and the whole league moved over to VSDT last season after a couple of confused seasons 2014-2015.

Good to see you are keeping up all the good stats work mate, continuing on from arsendragon 2009-2010 and Teetotaler 2011-2013.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:07 am

Simon Templar wrote:

Hey KFP. How are you doing mate? Are you in good health these days?

I'm struggling with the CFS, but que sera sera. It's a life-changing condition, and there is no cure (atm), but at least it's not terminal.

I won't be playing NRLF mate. I honestly prefer VSDT and my CFS brain fog CAN'T cope with playing more than one NRL fantasy game. I get mixed up if I try to play different games, with different formats and different scoring systems.

Glad to see you back on the forums mate. Slowly but surely all the regulars are popping in and and gearing up for the new Fantasy season. I'm doing well thanks lad! Had a minor op at the back end of last year but I'm back up and running now so no complaints there.

I do recall you were rather fond of VSDT but you can't blame a bloke for trying to tempt you back to the dark side (NRL Fantasy). An old neighbour of mine also had CFS so I can somewhat relate to what you are going through, however all you can do is take it day by day.

Rest assured the NRL Fantasy Fanatics community is here to help in any way we can so if you ever need a hand with anything don't be afraid to ask! Any hot tips on players to look out for this year Fantasy wise?
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:22 am

Bren wrote:

Glad to see you back on the forums mate. Slowly but surely all the regulars are popping in and and gearing up for the new Fantasy season. I'm doing well thanks lad! Had a minor op at the back end of last year but I'm back up and running now so no complaints there.

I do recall you were rather fond of VSDT but you can't blame a bloke for trying to tempt you back to the dark side (NRL Fantasy). An old neighbour of mine also had CFS so I can somewhat relate to what you are going through, however all you can do is take it day by day.

Rest assured the NRL Fantasy Fanatics community is here to help in any way we can so if you ever need a hand with anything don't be afraid to ask! Any hot tips on players to look out for this year Fantasy wise?

Thanks LAD (Welshy has had a profound and positive affect on the forum, hasn't he). ;-) haha

I have no worthwhile advice to give other than the obvious stuff that you guys are well aware of. Need to keep an eye on the trials and wait for the R1 team lists to work out best cash cows and rookies.

Which NRL fantasy games are you going to play this season KFP?
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:52 am

Is it hard to juggle both VSDT Aand NRLF?

Wouldn't mind giving the former a crack but I don't want it to become difficult managing both
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:00 am

Good to see ya back ST was wondering about you and DK and DL hope all is well mate !

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:07 am

Simon Templar wrote:

Thanks LAD (Welshy has had a profound and positive affect on the forum, hasn't he). ;-) haha

I have no worthwhile advice to give other than the obvious stuff that you guys are well aware of. Need to keep an eye on the trials and wait for the R1 team lists to work out best cash cows and rookies.

Which NRL fantasy games are you going to play this season KFP?

Don't you know it! Welshy has his own emoticon now and everything Welsh  Rolling Laugh

I will definitely be playing Ultimate League Fantasy draft competition again this year however the jury is out on whether I will play NRL Fantasy this year. I will be away for the first 4 or so weeks of the season and won't have much time if any to keep up to date on all things Fantasy during that period. I will be discussing it with a certain Welsh Gentleman and whether he can be my caretaker coach during that period. As they say NRL Fantasy is not a game, it's a lifestyle!
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:23 am

Random wrote:

I nominate this pos to take Scouters spot in the Ultimate League draft so I can take him down a peg or 30.

.....Strands a  fucking wonderful place, screw Disney[s]land[/s]world. The stand is the most magical place on earth.

Who am I kidding... Townsville is awful. Though we do have JT... Singlehandedly a better player than everyone at Cairns, Perth and hell the Knights combined.

I mean it was either take a shot at the strand or castle hill, because outside of those what else is there, I'd have to make fun of Stockland or the bingo halls or something. Also, JT being better than the great Gavin Allen and Justin Hodges combined MAYBE I'll take, but i will not let you besmirch the names of Brent Webb or my personal all time favourite Royston Lightning.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:24 am

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:Good to see ya back ST was wondering about you and DK and DL hope all is well mate !

Hey AR. How are you mate? Today is the first time I've logged onto the forum since last August, so I've only just seen the PM you sent me back then. I will drop you a line and we can compare notes about the old days in Wollongong. I'm sure you would have heard of some of the guys I played footy with at the Wolves. Did you play with the Cougars? I knew a couple of guys who played for them.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:31 am

Hot diggity ST is back, crack open the good stuff! cheer
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:36 am

SMat's worst score at 2FR was round 26 when he missed four tackles. Is it something I should worry about? I imagine a full preseason training in the position would help wonders. Any Knights fans care to comment?
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:44 am

Simon Templar wrote:

Hey AR. How are you mate? Today is the first time I've logged onto the forum since last August, so I've only just seen the PM you sent me back then. I will drop you a line and we can compare notes about the old days in Wollongong. I'm sure you would have heard of some of the guys I played footy with at the Wolves. Did you play with the Cougars? I knew a couple of guys who played for them.

Yeah mate Ex Cougar - played with Gary Moon , Jasons elder brother - know the Moons quite well via school and Footy very sad news.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:48 pm