NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom

Pieman
    Pieman

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom - Page 30 Empty Re: 2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom

Post by Pieman Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:09 pm

ryno_ wrote:

"reading between the lines". lol. Titans forged his signature on a contract and then refused to pay his legal costs when they got caught. Thats not between the lines, thats cold hard fact. If they wanted him, they would have payed the legal costs. Can you imagine a team letting a player they wanted to keep go, over a couple grand that they rightfully owed him? He wasn't asking for something that he didnt deserve.

Moga went 677 days with only playing 1 NRL game and he's unwanted "at a stretch"? Fuck me.

Reed was with the Raiders, dumped and went from 0 NRL games to a test player in Brisbane. I'd say that qualifies as "improved". Although your definition of "unwanted" for Moga has me wondering.
    Ok so... a young Jack Reed was picked up from the Raiders, I know nothing about his situation. Picking up a young guy and giving him some games and he ends up a decent player. Cool, every club does that.
    Ok, so moga was picked up from Cows and given a shot, nice.
    Marshall, sure - its even arguable that he is playing better footy, he has played what 3 or 4 games?
    Blair possibly, ok.

With Roberts, you literally said to read between the lines in your post lol.
    Meh, with Roberts most of that is imagining, ifs, buts, and guesses. Its also arguable that he is playing better footy. Read into this what you want but he went from Dally M centre of the year at the titans the year before to, well, not winning the award next year.

Just because someone changes clubs doesn't meant that they were unwanted at their old club.

The only club that actually takes rejects and turns them around consistently though is Melbourne.

Brisbane certainly isn't a destination that picks up a lot of unwanted rejects and turns them around. Brissy nearly exclusively only sign young guns from other clubs and develop their own juniors.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom - Page 30 Empty Re: 2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom

Post by ryno_ Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:27 pm

Pieman wrote:
    Ok so... a young Jack Reed was picked up from the Raiders, I know nothing about his situation.

Good thing I was sitting down for that bombshell. I'll add it to the pile of "things Pieman knows nothing about".

Pieman wrote:With Roberts, you literally said to read between the lines in your post lol.

What? Are you on some of Robert's gear? I did absolutely not say that. If you can't read, leave discussion to adults who aren't illiterate.

Pieman wrote:Meh, with Roberts most of that is imagining, ifs, buts, and guesses. Its also arguable that he is playing better footy. Read into this what you want but he went from Dally M centre of the year at the titans the year before to, well, not winning the award next year.

Just because someone changes clubs doesn't meant that they were unwanted at their old club.
    The Titans forged his signature on his contract, in an attempt to short change him (potentially) $50k/year. Absolute fact. They did not pay his legal fees when he chased them over this. Absolute fact. If they wanted him, they would have paid his legal fees. Absolute fact. Not imaging, no ifs, buts or maybes. Did they not want him over a cocaine habit, for other off field issues, or even for on field issues? THAT is imagining. But the fact that they didnt want him around - indisputable.

Pieman wrote:The only club that actually takes rejects and turns them around consistently though is Melbourne.

Brisbane certainly isn't a destination that picks up a lot of unwanted rejects and turns them around. Brissy nearly exclusively only sign young guns from other clubs and develop their own juniors.

"Nearly exclusively" - except for the half dozen examples in this thread alone.

I refer to a point above - sit the fuck down until you learn how to read. Not long ago you didn't know your left or right. Go back to grade 1 and stay in your lane.
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:45 pm

Of the current squad, off the top of my head, this is how I would probably categorise players who have come from other clubs:

Players who would be wanted by a lot of clubs and played similar after coming to the Broncos:
    Roberts (he was a gun at the Titans in his last year)

Players who would be wanted by a lot of clubs and played better after coming to the Broncos:
    Boyd
    Milf

Players who would be wanted by few clubs and played better after coming to the Broncos:
    Blair (he was basically a running joke for example of overpaid ex Melbourne players at the Tigers)
    Sims
    Moga
    Marshall

Players who would be wanted by few clubs and played worse after coming to the Broncos:
    Mead

I think in summary, Brisbane doesn't buy many players that are not in high demand, but when they do, they seem to have a pretty good record with it. Sure Melbourne and Manly are good at it, but as a percentage their success rate is probably no higher than ours (think guys like George Rose at Melbourne, and Lewis Brown at Manly for example). Of course we're going not going to have as many examples of it as other clubs, because we develop more internally so there isn't nearly as much space for recruits (which is why when we recruit, they are often guns like Bird, Milf etc). You only need to look at the list of QLD U18 and U20 players to come from the Broncos in the last few years to see that.
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:51 pm

Pieman wrote:

The only club that actually takes rejects and turns them around consistently though is Melbourne.

Manly would have a pretty good argument. Uate, Sironen, Kelly, Green of their current squad are good examples of players who you'd think wouldn't have got that much interest on the open market but are playing much better with Manly than their previous club. Historically add in guys like Josh Perry, Brett Kite, Matt Orford etc, it it seems they do just as well at it as Melbourne do.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:29 pm

Dip wrote:

Manly would have a pretty good argument. Uate, Sironen, Kelly, Green of their current squad are good examples of players who you'd think wouldn't have got that much interest on the open market but are playing much better with Manly than their previous club. Historically add in guys like Josh Perry, Brett Kite, Matt Orford etc, it it seems they do just as well at it as Melbourne do.

I'd agree with that.

They are certainly no Broncos but they are probably on par with the likes of Melbourne.....
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:54 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Good thing I was sitting down for that bombshell. I'll add it to the pile of "things Pieman knows nothing about".

What? Are you on some of Robert's gear? I did absolutely not say that. If you can't read, leave discussion to adults who aren't illiterate.

The Titans forged his signature on his contract, in an attempt to short change him (potentially) $50k/year. Absolute fact. They did not pay his legal fees when he chased them over this. Absolute fact. If they wanted him, they would have paid his legal fees. Absolute fact. Not imaging, no ifs, buts or maybes. Did they not want him over a cocaine habit, for other off field issues, or even for on field issues? THAT is imagining. But the fact that they didnt want him around - indisputable.

"Nearly exclusively" - except for the half dozen examples in this thread alone.

I refer to a point above - sit the fuck down until you learn how to read. Not long ago you didn't know your left or right. Go back to grade 1 and stay in your lane.

Sorry buddy, seems I have rubbed you the wrong way by just questioning a simple, incorrect comment from Oz. I feel that there is something troubling you in your life for you to react this way and if you would like to talk about it privately, please feel free to PM me. Happy to offer you some advice and support. You are also clearly upset after I rekkkkked your argument regarding pearce.A lso, Sorry mate, with the read between the lines comment - I was referring to No Worries post - my mistake. Sorry, NW for mistaking your post for Ryno.

So by trying to keep Roberts at the club by signing his forms, albeit it in a reportedly very seemingly dodgy way (whatever actually happened, we don't know, but keep reading the Courier mail hey) means they didn't want him at the club? By literally signing forms to keep him at the club, they didn't want him at the club??? Thanks for the insider knowledge tho scoop, on yaa.

We have no idea what actually genuinely happened, these 'reports' far out, the one that was posted suggest's that bird thinks Roberts is the one that wanted out, not the club pushing him out. Take that with a grain of salt. I totally disagree that Roberts was eg an average player or out of form and not wanted by the titans (which is what the original point was) and the bronco's took him and got him playing good footy. The fact that he went from centre of the year at the titans, to not winning it at the bronco's suggests he didn't have as good a year as his last season at the titans.

Half a dozen examples? Show me the 6 mentioned definitive examples where a player was out of form or average and not wanted by their current club, who was picked up by the bronco's and turned into a good motivated footy player.

I'll give you Blair, Moga (how long was he injured for at the Cowboys and Roosters?? I would guess that at least a decent chunk of that time out was due to injury) ok have him too - I don't know about Marshall, he needs a bigger sample size. He was actually great in his first year at the dragons and his second year was ruined with a hamstring injury - but fuck it ill give you him too. There are a few cases (as with any team) - that's why I said almost exclusively. Not exclusively.

Give me 3 more definitive examples of it currently at the club.
    Sims sure as fuck isn't one.
    Boyd's case is n/a
    Milford sure as fuck isn't one.

Most clubs sign guys who don't get an opportunity somewhere else, then they go on to be decent players. Whether they were unwanted by the original club is relatively unknown in most cases.

To pretty much say the bronco's are a club that brings in average unwanted players and turns them into guns is fucking ridiculous. That wasn't oz's original point, but its still what he said. Every club would have recent examples I reckon, and they do it no more than the shit clubs like Newcastle or the Tigers. Melbourne historically does it, and does it well. And as mentioned Manly has some good current and recent examples. Every club has examples where a player was not given the opportunity to play or is unwanted, goes elsewhere and becomes a valued member of the new team, on both sides of that.

As I said, (and I agree with you oz to a certain extent), the bronco's sign young guns from other clubs and they focus on developing their own juniors. Its the best model to work off.

Keep swinging ryno you might hit me with a jab one of these days, and even if you do it wouldn't hurt because your arguments are that of a simpleton and you are also a fucking poonce.

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:57 pm

Pieman wrote:
    I agree with you oz

I skimmed all the other dribble and got to your main point mate.

Apology accepted.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:22 pm

Pieman wrote:Sorry buddy, seems I have rubbed you the wrong way by just questioning a simple, incorrect comment from Oz. I feel that there is something troubling you in your life for you to react this way and if you would like to talk about it privately, please feel free to PM me. Happy to offer you some advice and support. You are also clearly upset after I rekkkkked your argument regarding pearce.A lso, Sorry mate, with the read between the lines comment - I was referring to No Worries post - my mistake. Sorry, NW for mistaking your post for Ryno.

Im yet to see you "rek" any arguement, with anybody, let alone the dribble the spewed out against the leading FG kicker & kick metres in the league as being a shit boot.

Pieman wrote:So by trying to keep Roberts at the club by signing his forms, albeit it in a reportedly very seemingly dodgy way (whatever actually happened, we don't know, but keep reading the Courier mail hey) means they didn't want him at the club? By literally signing forms to keep him at the club, they didn't want him at the club??? Thanks for the insider knowledge tho scoop, on yaa.

No, no. They weren't trying to keep him at the club. They were trying to alter his incentive payments. Do you keep a player at a club by illegally restructuring his contract to a lower $ figure?

Pieman wrote:We have no idea what actually genuinely happened, these 'reports' far out, the one that was posted suggest's that bird thinks Roberts is the one that wanted out, not the club pushing him out. Take that with a grain of salt. I totally disagree that Roberts was eg an average player or out of form and not wanted by the titans (which is what the original point was) and the bronco's took him and got him playing good footy. The fact that he went from centre of the year at the titans, to not winning it at the bronco's suggests he didn't have as good a year as his last season at the titans.

Regardless of what happened, on field/off field/contract/drug/whatever, the end result of the saga was Titans not wanting Roberts around. That is an indisputable fact. Was it mutual? Maybe. But he was not welcome at GC anymore. If he was, they would have paid him the money they rightfully owed him.

Pieman wrote:Half a dozen examples? Show me the 6 mentioned definitive examples where a player was out of form or average and not wanted by their current club, who was picked up by the bronco's and turned into a good motivated footy player.

Read back through the last 2 pages. Or ask your carer to read it to you.

Reed went from dumped to a test player
    Wallace went from shit all game time to an Origin jersey
    Vidot played his best years at the Broncos
    You're perhaps forgetting the greatest NQ Jnr player of all time - Scott Minto.

cbf any more.

Pieman wrote:Most clubs sign guys who don't get an opportunity somewhere else, then they go on to be decent players. Whether they were unwanted by the original club is relatively unknown in most cases.

To pretty much say the bronco's are a club that brings in average unwanted players and turns them into guns is fucking ridiculous.

Well, its not. 4 of their (ideal world, no-injury) starting 13 are rejects from other clubs, playing their best football at the Broncos. Thats not a bad strike rate.

Pieman wrote:That wasn't oz's original point, but its still what he said. Every club would have recent examples I reckon, and they do it no more than the shit clubs like Newcastle or the Tigers.

lololol. Who in the Knights side is both unwanted by their last club and playing good football at Newcastle? You cant even argue Gagai, as Brisbane wanted to keep him.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:06 pm

The Bulldogs game was going to spark an end of an era with me missing my first Broncos match at Suncorp since the semi final loss to the Storm in 2008.

As luck would have it my conference in Melbourne has changed dates and the era continues Very Happy
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:38 pm

Dip wrote:

That's because Barrett's the next super coach
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:02 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Im yet to see you "rek" any arguement, with anybody, let alone the dribble the spewed out against the leading FG kicker & kick metres in the league as being a shit boot.

No, no. They weren't trying to keep him at the club. They were trying to alter his incentive payments. Do you keep a player at a club by illegally restructuring his contract to a lower $ figure?

Regardless of what happened, on field/off field/contract/drug/whatever, the end result of the saga was Titans not wanting Roberts around. That is an indisputable fact. Was it mutual? Maybe. But he was not welcome at GC anymore. If he was, they would have paid him the money they rightfully owed him.

Read back through the last 2 pages. Or ask your carer to read it to you.

Reed went from dumped to a test player
    Wallace went from shit all game time to an Origin jersey
    Vidot played his best years at the Broncos
    You're perhaps forgetting the greatest NQ Jnr player of all time - Scott Minto.

cbf any more.

Well, its not. 4 of their (ideal world, no-injury) starting 13 are rejects from other clubs, playing their best football at the Broncos. Thats not a bad strike rate.

lololol. Who in the Knights side is both unwanted by their last club and playing good football at Newcastle? You cant even argue Gagai, as Brisbane wanted to keep him.

Even the fact that roberts went from centre of the year to not - suggest he isnt not playing as good footy as he was at the titans. That ruins the roberts argument. Everything else is irrelevant and There is literally nothing to suggest the club didnt want him, they tried to keep him in a dodgy way apparently, so yeh mate, keep with the conspiracy theories.

Who are the 4, not taking injury into consideration? Blair and moga are the only 2.
    Reed made his fucking debut at the broncos haha. Amazing if you want to count him.
    No, vidot played his best years at the raiders.
    Wallace.... ?? Not sure why you included him there.

In the current knights side - Jamie Buhrer was playing well before injury. Mitch Barnett goes alright too. There ya go mate. Soon to be Aiden Guerra too.

Pieman, ducking and weaving.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:47 pm

Well that was dreadful, It was like our guys forgot we were trying to beat the best team in the comp and instead played a weird contest with the refs to see who could be worse, which was close for a while, but then we spent the last 20 minutes pulling away comfortably
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:45 pm

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom - Page 30 Winter-is-coming-brace-yourself-the-back-peddling-is-coming
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:10 pm

How many weeks should slanty eyes get for using a phone during the game ?
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:45 am

there is a long time between now and the long weekend in october but the storm are so far ahead of the whole comp its not funny.

i don't even think the big 3 carry them atm, their whole team is just at another level to the rest of the comp
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:47 pm

No Worries wrote:How many weeks should slanty eyes get for using a phone during the game ?

Will be very interesting to see what comes out of this.
    Surely this is one of those finable offences.

And yep LG - the storm just have so much quality across the park. Not as much as when they were ass raping the fuck out of the salary cap for years, but almost.

Also, when does the discussion start for Vunivalu into the australian team? He is the best winger in the comp.
    JAC is made to look better than what he is by the quality of the team but far out he is slippery. Such a dangerous winger with ball in hand.

Their entire side is just quality.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:49 am

Who's slanty eyes??

I missed the game: can't say I'm unhappy about that, looking at the scoreline
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:27 am

dasherhalo wrote:Who's slanty eyes??

I missed the game: can't say I'm unhappy about that, looking at the scoreline

Mcquire - when he straps his head he gets slanty eyes. He was HIA didn't return and there was a shot of him in the dressing rooms mid game on his phone. Commentary hosed in down, "do doubt advising loved ones he's OK".
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:38 pm

No Worries wrote:

Mcquire - when he straps his head he gets slanty eyes. He was HIA didn't return and there was a shot of him in the dressing rooms mid game on his phone. Commentary hosed in down, "do doubt advising loved ones he's OK".
    You think he was chucking a few bets on? lol!

To be fair to Mcguire family is more important then footy. Just ask JT.
    Dip

Post by Dip Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:29 pm

Anyone watch the fight today? Just wondering what Suncorp Stadium looks like on a Sunday afternoon?

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:15 am