NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Grand Final 2nd October 2016 Match Thread

Poll

Who will win?

[ 6 ]
    NRL Grand Final 2nd October 2016 Match Thread - Page 3 Bar_left55%NRL Grand Final 2nd October 2016 Match Thread - Page 3 Bar_right [55%] 
    [ 5 ]
    NRL Grand Final 2nd October 2016 Match Thread - Page 3 Bar_left45%NRL Grand Final 2nd October 2016 Match Thread - Page 3 Bar_right [45%] 

Total Votes: 11
    Pieman
    Pieman

NRL Grand Final 2nd October 2016 Match Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Grand Final 2nd October 2016 Match Thread

Post by Pieman Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:02 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Disagree regarding the effect on ongoing team/culture/system.

It is immeasurable, negligible (in terms of having 4 guns as opposed to 3) and never a level playing field in the first place (nor should it be).

As for Honeysett and your trolling, you both know full well that if these combo's didn't develop, another gun QLD combo would have stepped in and gelled/developed anyway because we are generally better blokes and far more likable than NSWelshman.
    How could you possibly disagree with the effect that the cap rorting had on allowing melbourne to build a team and culture?
    They literally would not have been able to keep those players together - the players that very culture and system revolve around - if they had not cheated the cap.
    100% fact.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

NRL Grand Final 2nd October 2016 Match Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Grand Final 2nd October 2016 Match Thread

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:11 pm

Pieman wrote:
    How could you possibly disagree with the effect that the cap rorting had on allowing melbourne to build a team and culture?
    They literally would not have been able to keep those players together - the players that very culture and system revolve around - if they had not cheated the cap.
    100% fact.

Mate the fact they've been able to maintain that exact same culture for so long after they have got themselves cap compliant is pretty bloody clear evidence (even for a simpleton like yourself) that it wasn't the few extra players they were able to retain during that period of cheating.

I get that you would like to have seen them become Newcastle but enforcing that sort of rabble on an organisation is just too far.
    The intent is to get a level playing field, not to bring another club down to that uneven level that your mob is at.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:51 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Mate the fact they've been able to maintain that exact same culture for so long after they have got themselves cap compliant is pretty bloody clear evidence (even for a simpleton like yourself) that it wasn't the few extra players they were able to retain during that period of cheating.

I get that you would like to have seen them become Newcastle but enforcing that sort of rabble on an organisation is just too far.
    The intent is to get a level playing field, not to bring another club down to that uneven level that your mob is at.

Wow, I didnt think it was hard to miss the point, but fuck me dead I shouldnt be surprised when it comes to you.

That exact same culture is there, 100% spot on. The culture that was developed by rorting the cap to put and keep those guys together! So thank you, You obviously agree with me, you just cant bring urself to admit it.
    Rorting allowed them to put brilliant talent in a side and the talent was developed illegally, They timmed the fat when they got caught and they are clearly still benefiting from the rort by having those superstars that were directly involved in the rort still there.

The only smart thing Raffa ever said, was the analogy he used when talking about the storm rorting.

Its like stealing a ferrari and being allowed to keep it after you got caught.
    Or rather - hey we caught you and your stolen ferarri. How about this, keep the ferarri give us your tv, watch, fridge and hyundai and we will call it even.

Yeah, the cap is about evening out the talent. They fucking rorted that cap and therefore forefit any right they had to that even playing field and should have been forced to start from scratch without those superstars.

Not sure what any of this has to do with Newcastle.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:12 pm

Silly Billy's  Very Happy
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:16 pm

Standard has an Issue wrote:Silly Billy's  Very Happy

Hey! Settle down, cunt.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:22 pm

1. Honeysett

Standard has an Issue wrote:Silly Billy's  Very Happy

Hey! Settle down, cunt.
    You were right, the recovery is going to be a bumpy road.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:27 pm

Hey, Pieman - CJ said a few smart things: this wasn't one of them. They didn't steal a Ferrari - they did up the Hyundai until it outraced the Ferrari.

And don't start on me: the Storm did some unbelievable shit, and you won't find me apologizing for them much. I just hate analogies that don't hit the mark!!
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:00 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I'm predicting this will be one of the most predictable GF's in history:

I'm sort of thinking the teams know what the the other team does and thus they both might try something fractionally different. Maybe.
    If history is anything to go by it's predictable that the Sharks ...... Smile
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:59 pm

dasherhalo wrote:Hey, Pieman - CJ said a few smart things: this wasn't one of them. They didn't steal a Ferrari - they did up the Hyundai until it outraced the Ferrari.

And don't start on me: the Storm did some unbelievable shit, and you won't find me apologizing for them much. I just hate analogies that don't hit the mark!!

Can you please explain that analogy to me, because I cant make sense of it.

dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:58 am

If you're talking cap cheating, no team in this analogy can afford a Ferrari - or at least the Ferrari represents so much of the cap you can only have one.

It's not like they doubled or tripled cap spending in any given year, so it's not like they had an extra couple of Ferrari's worth of cap space running around the park.

The amount they cheated by isn't Ferrari-sized, ergo: my above point. At the heart of it, they couldn't force them to offload all the marquee players, because they hadn't made a case against the players: just the club. Forcing the big 3 or 4 out of the Storm at once would have been punishing the players without proof.

I reckon the players had to have known, personally, and that they should have pursued the players, but that's not the discussion we're having

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:09 pm

dasherhalo wrote:If you're talking cap cheating, no team in this analogy can afford a Ferrari - or at least the Ferrari represents so much of the cap you can only have one.

It's not like they doubled or tripled cap spending in any given year, so it's not like they had an extra couple of Ferrari's worth of cap space running around the park.

The amount they cheated by isn't Ferrari-sized, ergo: my above point. At the heart of it, they couldn't force them to offload all the marquee players, because they hadn't made a case against the players: just the club. Forcing the big 3 or 4 out of the Storm at once would have been punishing the players without proof.

I reckon the players had to have known, personally, and that they should have pursued the players, but that's not the discussion we're having

Stick this in the post of the year thread - "ergo" that deserves a nom

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:26 pm

No Worries wrote:
    Stick this in the post of the year thread

I like how people say to stick certain posts in the post of the year thread yet fail to do so themselves. Like they expect somebody else to do it for them Laughing
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:38 pm

TopDog wrote:

I like how people say to stick certain posts in the post of the year thread yet fail to do so themselves. Like they expect somebody else to do it for them Laughing

Almost like they think they are top dog or somethink

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:49 pm

No Worries wrote:

Almost like they think they are top dog or somethink

There is only one Topdog round here. Me.

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:45 pm

dasherhalo wrote:If you're talking cap cheating, no team in this analogy can afford a Ferrari - or at least the Ferrari represents so much of the cap you can only have one.

What?
    Its not a literal thing, its an analogy.
    They cheated to get something very good - they got caught, and were allowed to keep the very good thing they cheated to get. Thats the analogy, the ferrari is irrelevant.
    If you want to talk literally (and I am aware this is stupid, im just doing it to humour you and myself), a ferrari will cost about 500k. In 2010 alone they were over by a million which is the price of two ferraris lol. How that is worked into a literal argument, I dont know lol, but thats the point of an analogy - its not literal. They had blokes being paid many times more than what a ferrari is actually worth.

Of course they couldnt force them to de-register every players contract, because 1 they wouldnt be able to prove that every player knew, and 2. it would cripple a club in an area that they had worked so hard to develop. The league well an truely benefits from having excellent players in Melbourne.

As I said before, I too think they players knew, I will never cop that they didnt know.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:43 am

Going off the media Cronulla are the clear favorites. Yet the bookies think otherwise. Time will tell...

#UpUpCronulla
    #GoBenny

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:43 am

Worked yesterday morning, then went home to catch the 2nd half of the AFL GF only to realise that my antenna had been blown off the roof in the storms over here yesterday.  Blue screen on every channel.  Hopefully an easy fix by this arvo, but won't know till I've had a few beers  Very Happy
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:45 am

Actually, would anyone have an issue with the game talk going into the Fantasy thread just for today?  Will help us get to that elusive #fiddyonfiddy party.

I'm not personally concerned either way but posters who don't normally post over there might?  Thoughts all?

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:50 am

Disappointed you lot hadn't reached the thread 51 party upon my return.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:52 am

TopDog wrote:Disappointed you lot hadn't reached the thread 51 party upon my return.
    Your post count was missed you filthy whore.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:23 pm