NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Storm v Cowboys Grand Final

Ice

Storm v Cowboys  Grand Final Empty Storm v Cowboys Grand Final

Post by Ice Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:35 am

Both teams had to overcome the Eels, who clearly put up the strongest resistance against them, so who is gonna win.

Storm have no right to lose this one, it will be a massive choke if they'd do. But I'm tipping Morgan to get the Cows home.

Score:19-12
    FTS: Slater
    LTS: JT
    CC Medal: Morgan
    Pieman
    Pieman

Storm v Cowboys  Grand Final Empty Re: Storm v Cowboys Grand Final

Post by Pieman Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:41 am

As much as I would love to see the cows win this one against all odds, I just cant see it happening. I reckon the Cows wont even score a try against melbourne.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:34 pm

Pieman wrote:As much as I would love to see the cows win this one against all odds, I just cant see it happening. I reckon the Cows wont even score a try against melbourne.

I agree with this but.. I thought this exact thing against the Sharks, the eels and the rosters
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:50 pm

Fair enough MF!

I just cant see Melbourne losing 2 gfs in a row though, especially at full strength. Amazing hey, how much influence having a healthy side has on wins.

The cows are def defying the odds. So amazing to see, they are just such a resilient footy team. Love watching Morgan emerge as the best active half in the game. That guy is just deadset unreal. The cows should be Favs to win the comp at the start of next season considering the new signings they have coming in too. It cant be disputed that Green is one of the best coaches in the game too.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:06 pm

I think storm will win it but their fans can be estatic even if they lose. Only reason they were into the finals is because doggies beat the Dragons. They certainly took the opportunity.

So correct me if I'm wrong this is Paul Greens third year and he's won the premiership his first year made the perlimiary finals last year and another grand final this year? That's. A pretty solid effort.

I'll admit it as soon as Thurston went down I wrote them off I cannot believe how well they've done. Next year Thurston might be lucky to play off the bench Razz
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:43 pm

Second best possible outcome for the finals imo. It has been great to see how the Cowboys have defied the odds all season and I would love to see them win it all. It is really a great story either way.

The last time The Big 3 get to play all together after Slater had injuries the last few seasons and with Cronk now set to depart. I don't think there is a group of guys more deserving of another Grand Final win and perhaps the ultimate swan song for Cronk.

Written off by many the moment Thurston went down for a year, and a team that has been in his shadow for so long. As already mentioned the only reason they made the finals initially was because of luck and after being expected to be eliminated Week 1 have played the underdog well and now find themselves with the opportunity to step out of Thurstons shadow.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:40 pm

I love how when Lockyer said to Green last night " so underdogs yet again next week" Green laughed and said "Storm are certainties"
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:50 pm

A wonderful last three weeks from the Cowboys. Well done and something to be proud of.
    I think the the way the Storm have set the standard all years means they really deserve to win though.
    Them Broncs were doing okay until the Storm found them out. Suspect the same happens to the Cows.
    Parra are still wondering what could have been.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:27 am

Cowboys a real good chance of winning this. Great team full of skill but also grit and determination.

Cowboys know they can win a GF. Melbourne lost last years.

I also think the Cronk and Slater ducks and drakes could bite them as well. Cronk was talking of pushing the emotion down and having dealing with it post game. What if it hits him halfway during the game? Game over before you realise.

B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:56 am

Have to be in sydney next week for work. Flying down a few days early, free flights and accommodation and going to the game, cheering.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:38 pm

They should have moved this game to Brisbane.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:32 pm

How do we all feel about the pre-game entertainment? Feels like no matter what they do, the NRL can't win. If they get Hunters and Collectors for the 100th time, people whinge its boring. If they get an international star in, people whinge that they should pick homegrown artists.

I think its a brilliant move to get Macklemore, shows that the NRL want to actually put on an entertaining day out and sell it as a premier sporting event instead of just a match in the arvo. And thanks to Tone's anti-free speech stink, they've gotten more publicity about it then they could possibly dream of.
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:42 pm

ryno_ wrote:How do we all feel about the pre-game entertainment? Feels like no matter what they do, the NRL can't win. If they get Hunters and Collectors for the 100th time, people whinge its boring. If they get an international star in, people whinge that they should pick homegrown artists.

I think its a brilliant move to get Macklemore, shows that the NRL want to actually put on an entertaining day out and sell it as a premier sporting event instead of just a match in the arvo. And thanks to Tone's anti-free speech stink, they've gotten more publicity about it then they could possibly dream of.

So they hire one of the world's most popular musicians and he's going to play one of his most popular songs. How the hell is this even being discussed as a problem? The NRL should be congratulated, and it goes to show TA, Hanson and Katter are just dickheads.

I did think the Betoota Advocate was funny with their story about Cold Chisel apologising for playing Khe Sanh at the 2015 GF. If they knew they weren't supposed to sing political songs they wouldn't have played the most popular Australian song of all time...

Seriously though, I don't mind them mixing it up. Big name overseas performer one year, popular local talent the next, old school the year after or something like that. TBH, I wouldn't even mind if they through country in every now and then even though I detest it.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:00 pm

Dip wrote:

So they hire one of the world's most popular musicians and he's going to play one of his most popular songs. How the hell is this even being discussed as a problem? The NRL should be congratulated, and it goes to show TA, Hanson and Katter are just dickheads.

I did think the Betoota Advocate was funny with their story about Cold Chisel apologising for playing Khe Sanh at the 2015 GF. If they knew they weren't supposed to sing political songs they wouldn't have played the most popular Australian song of all time...

Seriously though, I don't mind them mixing it up. Big name overseas performer one year, popular local talent the next, old school the year after or something like that. TBH, I wouldn't even mind if they through country in every now and then even though I detest it.

I was more looking at it from a Huge International Artist v Home Grown Talent angle, but yeah, totally agree with the political points being made.

If it was in any doubt if the NRL made the right move in getting Macklemore in, The Killers are playing the AFL GF and I didnt even know, such has the media saturation about the NRL GF. And I fucking love the Killers.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:14 pm

Absolutely zero problem with it. Personally, I dont listen to him but that song about the mopeds was pretty catchy. Absolutely right, there is not a single artist in the world that they could choose and everyone would be happy.

He is one of the most popular artists in the world (for some reason) and he is playing an immensely popular song amongst others, at a very poignant time in our history. I think its a great move.

I think this is one of the few times the NRL got it right for pre match entertainment. Its crazy what a big discussion the pre match is every year. They are literally out there for 8minutes and no one is there just to see them play. Its a 'free' short concert, why do people even complain about it?

People whinging about "sport and politics shouldnt mix" too.. absolute horse shit. It always has and always will. I would actually like to see some of the gay NRL players (no doubt there would be at least a handful) come out when the new law is passed.

In this day and age, no one in their right might should give a fuck about an athlete's sexuality and it would be great if the league came out (pun intended) and openly said it would support any LGBT athletes who put themselves out there.
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:54 pm

I think it's a coup, but people saying it's political need to give themselves an uppercut. No way the NRL would have even linked a song that was in the charts what 3 or so years ago to the current SSM discussion.

I just LOvE the irony of a guy who is banging on saying if you believe if Freedom of Speech Vote no, saying that a person shouldn't be able to sing a certain song, seriously, how can he not see the massive irony in that. Which brings me to the SSM Vote, it's killing me. It's ok to vote no for one reason and one reason only and that reason is "I'm against equality", I've honestly got no issue with a person coming out and using that as their reason. Sure, I'm gonna call them a dick and say there reason is stupid, but that reason is the only legitimate reason and if it is your reason, be proud, put your hand up and own it, own your position of Pro-discrimination, but be prepared to be called out for it, you're either pro discrimination or anti. Any other reason is simply not a valid reason at all.

As for sports/business "having to stay out of politics". What a load of turd. This isn't politics (it should be politics, the politicians should have done their job and just legislated), but it's not about politics at all, it's simply about equality. If I run a sports organisation or a business I am damn sure I want to be on the right side of history. I want to be pro women voting, I want to be anti slavery and anti apartied to name but a few and the organisations have every right to take a position that reflects the core values of their business or organisation. It doesn't have to or even pretend to represent everyone who might be part of that business or organisation, but it doesn't mean it can't take a position. Sam Newman's eprant the other night was one of the biggest soft cock efforts I've ever heard from a media personality. Sam, if you are either to chicken shit to take a position or don't want to be part of it, fine, that is your call, but mate, the position the AFL or anyone else takes has sweet FA to do with you.

So ask yourselves, if you haven't already voted, are you pro equality or anti.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:55 pm

A post that's not about footy and Pieman makes perfect sense.

Dip wrote:

You forgot to mention that dult Dutton. Shocked
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:30 am

U a bronco's fan CD?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:33 am

Ice wrote:I think it's a coup, but people saying it's political need to give themselves an uppercut. No way the NRL would have even linked a song that was in the charts what 3 or so years ago to the current SSM discussion.

He will be playing it because his marketing gurus would have told him to after they did some research. The NRL wouldnt have asked him to play it, 100%.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:06 pm

Pieman wrote:U a bronco's fan CD?
    Horrifying thought.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:37 pm