NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL Fantasy II

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

NFL Fantasy II - Page 22 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy II

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:39 pm

Archer wrote:@Mearcats Yeah i saw that mate, unlucky. If you start just one of them you get the win over me.. O_O.

@Revraiser this was my highest score of the season with 105! and mearcats scored 93 even with the two monster scores on the bench he mentioned. I'll take more of these low scoring weeks please!

I had a think about what NFL feels like to me and it comes down to this: It feels a lot like I'm playing NRL fantasy but I'm only allowed to pick backs. There are a couple of guys who are consistent, a few blokes who go on streaks and then a heap of other blokes who are up and down from week to week, depending on whether they score or not. There doesn't feel like there is that forwards element.

Yup, I see where you are coming from.

NFL and NRL are completely different beasts where Fantasy is concerned.

Probably your closest thing to a NRL "forward" is the NFL "RB" IMO. These guys in general will get their touches, hence their points, largely regardless of match-ups, and other things that affect games. Obviously there are all sorts of caveats to this, but the likes of David Johnson for example will get his 20 or so carriers per game, and will get targeted for passes ~8 times and therefore will get a minimum amount of fantasy points, somewhat analogous to a forward in NRL gets with their base stats.

You could probably make the same argument for most QBs and certain WRs and 1 TE, but those with the exception of the QBs they are the guys that go in the first 2 rounds of the draft. The rest as you say will be up and down each week and have the feel to the NRL backs!

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:42 pm

BroncHose wrote:

The other thing I have found is picking a team and getting behind them. Arch - not sure if you follow a particular team, but I've been hanging out on all the Seahawks news this year, and the game today with Arizona was epic!!! I've learned a bit about where players have come from, what they've had to get through and some of the personalities - and it makes it so much more fun to follow. Jimmy Graham is a gun, Pete Carroll is the most positive dude ever (although I haven't watched his post game conference yet - so that should be interesting), and Sherman is quirky as fuck with his dress, hair but still seems to be one of the most articulate sportspeople I've heard!

I reckon you'd enjoy the hard knocks series that was done on the Arizona season a couple years back. I watched it while I was on holiday in the US with my brother-in-law. I thought the series was great and provided some real insight into the NFL.

Highly recommend it. I am a bit of an Arizona fan after watching that series.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/amazons-all-or-nothing-series-about-the-arizona-cardinals-is-a-game-changer/
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:42 pm

Jeebus, for the first time I'm no longer number 1 on the waiver order... I should be happy cause It means I'm not outright last... but I was pretty fond of that first pick!
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:39 am

happy with the Tate addition this week, did go after Montgomery but had Tate prioritised first, no Antonio Brown but should be solid enough as a bye gap fill in
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:18 am

Oh balls. Completely forgot about the prioritising thing. Cocked it up and just had it in the order I thought of them so I didn't get Montgomery who would have been my first pick OR Bernard... fuck. Derped that one up real good hahaha. Embarassed albino
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:33 am

Derpa derpa !

All quiet on the western front over my way.......

RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:21 pm

Man I had Tate in and out of my squad all year so far. You are more than welcome to him.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:02 pm

Random wrote:Man I had Tate in and out of my squad all year so far. You are more than welcome to him.
    massive usage last few weeks, hoping that continues

only worry is having a stack of Jones, Tate and Stafford if the Lions fall flat haha
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:42 pm

Tate can fuck RIGHT off. So can Cooks for that matter. Both of those useless gimps never did squat when they were in my team. Only pride has prevented me giving Mathews his marching orders to join them so far and he's far from the only one. Might be some serious trade (waiver) rage action taking place soon.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:42 am

You in need of a TE @Archer? I am looking to offload Hunter Henry. On the bye this week but will come back all the better for it I'm sure. I'm also looking to move Rivers if you're looking for a QB.

Otherwise, guys on my roster that I am more than happy to trade away are Maclin, Hill and Ajayi.

Always good to test the waters.  Very Happy
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:16 am

Cooks will get u a 3 followed by a 28. That's how he rolls.
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:51 am

So I picked up Montgomery in waivers for L2, but I'm not tied to him. Open to any offers for anyone who is keenly interested.

If anything, I'd be looking for a reliable WR to help me through a few weeks of byes.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:49 am

Mearcats wrote:You in need of a TE @Archer? I am looking to offload Hunter Henry. On the bye this week but will come back all the better for it I'm sure. I'm also looking to move Rivers if you're looking for a QB.

Otherwise, guys on my roster that I am more than happy to trade away are Maclin, Hill and Ajayi.

Always good to test the waters.  Very Happy
    Hmm. I might have a crack at Ajayi, let me have a look once I knock off today, definitely don't need a TE though haha, got enough problems trying to figure out whether i should be starting Walker or Bennett and likely to offload one of those once i make up my mind.

@Bronchose I might be. I'll have at look at you as well this arvo.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:03 am

Robinson is so poor at the moment with Bortles under performing. Great way to start the week.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:36 am

Random wrote:Robinson is so poor at the moment with Bortles under performing. Great way to start the week.
    Let's talk....
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:13 am

Let me hear your body talk
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:57 am

Not much happening in l3 I was able to get Booker Ajayi and Adams of waivers this week. My team looks really good. It I can't get a friggen win

QBs Big Ben Carr
    Rbs Elliot Coleman Booker Ajayi West
    Wrs Fitz Marshal Bryant Adams Cobb
    Tes Graham
    D Houston
    K Hopkins
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:03 pm

Elliot Ajayi Booker and Coleman and you cant win. Wtf
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:03 pm

Lets talk am when I sell a bloke for unders.
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:33 am

arch, i didn't mean to be blunt about the trade proposal, but the app doesn't let you enter any other discussion when declining.

Bookers going up to RB2 status at least now, and fuller (who i think will come good if brock ever comes good) is just not scoring well enough.

I'm willing to talk on Montgomery, but not booker.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:19 am