NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL Fantasy II

Welshy
    Welshy

NFL Fantasy II - Page 9 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy II

Post by Welshy Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:01 pm

@mearcats

check out that bad boy
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:05 pm

Mearcats wrote:

I'm aware of this, I guess I was more meaning now. As in currently. I.e. I'd be hard pressed trading out OBJ after two rounds or Gronk after three if either were my first round pick (in my case OBJ as surely he'll bounce back) BUT... If someone was to offer me, say "X" player, then I'd certainly have to consider that.

More a matter of interest and generating a bit of trade banter. One thing this draft shit seems to lack is trade banter due to the fact that everyone has "their" picks for a reason and wants to keep em.

OBJ is all class and to me is mostly suffering due to thethe Giants having Cruz back along with the rookie Shephard looking good. Alot of target magnets now which will see the team as a whole go further.
    I told you earlier, not much trading will occur in the early days, its to hard for everyone to give up their picks yet.
    In addition, only a like for like performer would tempt some out of their top picks. Like if someone offered u J Jones for OBJ ud prolly take it.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:07 pm

Welshy wrote:@mearcats

check out that bad boy

Some of these bad boys are known to be quite underwhelming Beer
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:08 pm

Hahaha... I'm Looking @Welshy. Think I have a counter for you.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:15 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Some of these bad boys are known to be quite underwhelming Beer
    make your own assumptions

OBJ & Lacy 

for

Forte
    Freeman
    Jeffrey
    Ryan Mathews
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:15 pm

Revraiser wrote:

OBJ is all class and to me is mostly suffering due to thethe Giants having Cruz back along with the rookie Shephard looking good. Alot of target magnets now which will see the team as a whole go further.
    I told you earlier, not much trading will occur in the early days, its to hard for everyone to give up their picks yet.
    In addition, only a like for like performer would tempt some out of their top picks. Like if someone offered u J Jones for OBJ ud prolly take it.

Both of these are more my points.

No. 1 - I don't know a lot about NFL in general and especially players and their fantasy values but after doing some reading it seems a few people out there are concerned that this is OBJ's problem and, therefore, are worried that there is no "turning point" per se as the Giants are likely to continue playing this way. So as an OBJ owner, if that is indeed the case, then yeah, I'd definitely dump him for Jones.

At the current point in time (not looking forward and his possible turnaround) my no. 1 pick doesn't even rank in the top 40 players in his position, let alone the whole comp! HAHAHA. 

Now, does that mean I'd trade him for any old flavour of the month WR or player? No, I'd probably still want an alternative rd. 1 pick in the vein of JJ etc. Just interesting to get perspectives and have a bit of fun.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:44 pm

I'd engage in trade banter, but I legitimately have nfi what's a good trade vs bad until I spend some time reading into it. If its Welshy I might send something terrible his way hoping he fucks up and clicks accept rather than decline, but otherwise It's too much effort Razz.

I'll do my best to step it up as the season progresses though. My first win of the season this week should help.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:45 am

Welshy wrote:
    make your own assumptions

OBJ & Lacy 

for

Forte
    Freeman
    Jeffrey
    Ryan Mathews

Mathews is a no go, Freeman is in a dance with Coleman, Jeffrey plays for the Bears - Forte is doing the good business though.
    We need bigger benches to horde, but could make it unfair also.
    Can depend on what the two people in the trade are low on, where they need some fixing up.

Is it just me, or is it only L1 and L3 who talk in here... i havent seen much L2 chatter
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:48 am

Revraiser wrote:

Mathews is a no go, Freeman is in a dance with Coleman, Jeffrey plays for the Bears - Forte is doing the good business though.
    We need bigger benches to horde, but could make it unfair also.
    Can depend on what the two people in the trade are low on, where they need some fixing up.

Is it just me, or is it only L1 and L3 who talk in here... i havent seen much L2 chatter
    To be fair Mearcats, bronchose, Archer are always active in here mate all in L2
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:06 am

Fucking Revs......Typical sharks thuggery treatment of us L2 folk. We have rights too you know, we aren't lesser!
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:43 am

Lol fark me, lets just call it 'banter'... what do i know jocolor
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:24 am

Mearcats wrote:

Both of these are more my points.

No. 1 - I don't know a lot about NFL in general and especially players and their fantasy values but after doing some reading it seems a few people out there are concerned that this is OBJ's problem and, therefore, are worried that there is no "turning point" per se as the Giants are likely to continue playing this way. So as an OBJ owner, if that is indeed the case, then yeah, I'd definitely dump him for Jones.

At the current point in time (not looking forward and his possible turnaround) my no. 1 pick doesn't even rank in the top 40 players in his position, let alone the whole comp! HAHAHA. 

Now, does that mean I'd trade him for any old flavour of the month WR or player? No, I'd probably still want an alternative rd. 1 pick in the vein of JJ etc. Just interesting to get perspectives and have a bit of fun.

Still on target for 130 targets which he put up 91/1300/12 on in his rookie season. No need to panick yet
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:25 am

Would love to get in on the action next year if you lads move it over to nfl.com
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:19 pm

Yeah Rev - bit harsh on the L2 slander. Maybe you need to be relegated down into this lowly L2 to increase the "banter"

Speaking about the Rd1 trade discussion  - I agree that it doesn't come down to where they were picked, but how much they are a set and forget in your starting roster. If you going to trade your set and forget guy, then it will take a similar set and forget replacement.

At this stage, its how you play on the frustrations of those that have carried the low points over this first few weeks - Gron, OBJ, Lacy are all in that bag - pissing us off, but will eventually pay off (except in Lacy's case - if he doesn't come good this week, I reckon he's in for another dud season)

Now - where's the fishing emoticon....
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:59 pm

Fishing Fishing
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:01 pm

BroncHose wrote:

Yeah Rev - bit harsh on the L2 slander. Maybe you need to be relegated down into this lowly L2 to increase the "banter"

Speaking about the Rd1 trade discussion  - I agree that it doesn't come down to where they were picked, but how much they are a set and forget in your starting roster. If you going to trade your set and forget guy, then it will take a similar set and forget replacement.

At this stage, its how you play on the frustrations of those that have carried the low points over this first few weeks - Gron, OBJ, Lacy are all in that bag - pissing us off, but will eventually pay off (except in Lacy's case - if he doesn't come good this week, I reckon he's in for another dud season)

For the record, OBJ and Gronk should never be compared to Lacy.

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:16 pm

BroncHose wrote:

I had to do my own fishing in order to rattle the cages a little  Fishing

It does get hard, Lacey is proving to be a non-fantasy guy, but still given chances by all. OBJ is in a different scenario, clearly is elite at his position and is really only aTD a week away from satisfying owners. If he bangs out 80+ yards with a TD or 2 whilst looking like a freak he will be full swing. Gronk is different to, in that b4 the season started we knew of the injury but not how long. And we all weighed up if and when to pick him. If u think he wasnt worthy of an early pick over the top RB's & WR's then it also meant u werent getting him, someone in all leagues would cave.
    I've personally decided to set and forget my TE position all year with Kelce, he will have some good games along with the low scores.

On a side note, do you guys have electricity in league 2 ?
    You guys need to be able to see what ur doing  :pp:
    Deuces
    Deuces

Post by Deuces Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:49 pm

Early christmas gift to PoundTown......was a sucka on the Gronk train and rolled him out......a big fat donut. at least its from the dreaded TE position.....up aganist Hopkins going for 5 still has me well and truely in this......im not under the pump just yet, but a 0-3 start is just not who i am, so i have contacted the Fantasy Gods and they have said that all will be well come tuesday. so Poundtown you can get back to your winning ways next week.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:42 am

K, sweet. Find out my TE is out injured. Go to replace him and he's locked. Good shit, can't say im surprised given the weekend so far.. Oh well. silent
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:53 am

Yep, well looks like two poor decisions have cost me my game this week.
    Calling up gronk too early, and sitting Michaels for Crowell. 2 1st Qtr TDs for Michaels with Rawls out Bang Rip

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:53 pm