NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread

Honeysett
    Honeysett

2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread - Page 41 Empty Re: 2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread

Post by Honeysett Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:53 pm

I light of recent events, I have chosen to apologise to the people. It was late. I saw it somewhere else and exhaled air out of my nose slightly more than normal. Just wanted you to know that's not my go.

I also want to reiterate, I did not have sexual relations with that woman.

Thank you.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread - Page 41 Empty Re: 2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread

Post by standard-issue Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:53 pm

Lol, Honeysett was just on and went again.  Was expecting 1 of 2 things to be honest: an apology or a barrage of abuse.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:55 pm

Woah, I too must apologise, I hadn't seen your post when I posted above.

I think it best we all forget what happened on the previous page.
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:14 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I personally thought the effort and the execution involved with his weekly previews should have placed him as the $1.05 favourite for the "Funniest Poster" award.

But quite frankly this one act should suspend all betting whilst HS does the honorable thing and falls on his sword.

In fact, even that doesn't cut it and I personally wouldn't be opposed to seeing a last minute category introduced to the annual awards along the lines of "The Honorary thehatrickrabbit Award for Least Funniest Poster".......with HS being the inaugural recipient on the basis of being the only nominee with no voting required.

Harsh but I think fair.

A new award, "the Hershelle Gibbs dropped the Sportal Award from an unloseable position" Award?? If it has to be an NRL theme, then it could be the "North Sydney Bears" Award, or for the real nasty (and somewhat ignorant who just like to jump on a bandwagon and wrongly kick someone while their down), the Ben Hunt Award.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:15 pm

Honeysett wrote:I light of recent events, I have chosen to apologise to the people. It was late. I saw it somewhere else and exhaled air out of my nose slightly more than normal. Just wanted you to know that's not my go.

I also want to reiterate, I did not have sexual relations with that woman.

Thank you.
    Didn't take long to get back to being the funniest poster.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:16 pm

I saw it more of an ironic analogy that a joke.

The Analogy
    Bennett's dislike for extra time and his belief that at the end of the game both parties should get acknowledgement for their efforts walking away with half of what is on offer. As opposed to extra time which sees one party walk away with nothing and no recognition for their effort.

The Irony
    Extra time is like an extra marital affair.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:18 pm

Y'all making it truly hard to forget what happened back there on page 40.  I think I shall refer to this travesty as the "Page 40 Incident" going forward.
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:43 pm

No Worries wrote:I saw it more of an ironic analogy that a joke.

The Analogy
    Bennett's dislike for extra time and his belief that at the end of the game both parties should get acknowledgement for their efforts walking away with half of what is on offer. As opposed to extra time which sees one party walk away with nothing and no recognition for their effort.

The Irony

I think the most ironic thing is that when someone's relationship breaks up most people would say it's not a joking matter and off limits, but because it's happened to a guy who is hated by basically everyone anti-Bronco and anti-QLD, many of the same people are happy to make jokes or comments about it (not talking specifically about Honeysett, just in general). It's the same with Michael Jackson's death I suppose.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:49 pm

Dip wrote:

I think the most ironic thing is that when someone's relationship breaks up most people would say it's not a joking matter and off limits, but because it's happened to a guy who is hated by basically everyone anti-Bronco and anti-QLD, many of the same people  are happy to make jokes or comments about it (not talking specifically about Honeysett, just in general). It's the same with Michael Jackson's death I suppose.

Just with this, I was the first to say I hope he gets through it however it's now come out that he was cheating on his wife. For mine, we can make jokes at his expense because he's been unfaithful. In my eyes he doesn't deserve the respect show to not make jokes.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:58 pm

iSIs wrote:
    Is it just me or are they rather uneven as well?  I mean, that doesn't worry me, in fact as a confession I actually like 'awkward' ones better than perfect ones to be honest.

I feel bad for making the comment, it was terribly sexist and not very nice.
    Lara, if you're reading this I have nothing against you whatsoever!

EDIT: I am also of the opinion that more than a handful is a waste and never thought about the 'awkward' ones, don't think I've experienced that!

Last edited by f i l t h r i d d e n on Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:59 pm

Dip wrote:

I think the most ironic thing is that when someone's relationship breaks up most people would say it's not a joking matter and off limits, but because it's happened to a guy who is hated by basically everyone anti-Bronco and anti-QLD, many of the same people  are happy to make jokes or comments about it (not talking specifically about Honeysett, just in general). It's the same with Michael Jackson's death I suppose.

I don't know what you are on about. For a guy that has been cheating on his wife of many, many years, Bennett has gotten away with hardly any criticism.

Many other people would have been crucified in the media for this sort of thing. Whereas here, nobody even wanted to publish it until Bennett went public himself.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:00 pm

Dip wrote:

Please, drop the siege mentality. It has nothing to do with Dead Horse

Compared to Foran has he been treated better or worse ?
    There's the whole public eye, face of a club, legend etc. etc.
    Certainly going to have more compassion for a bloke suffering mental health issues than a bloke cheating on his wife.

filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:01 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Just with this, I was the first to say I hope he gets through it however it's now come out that he was cheating on his wife. For mine, we can make jokes at his expense because he's been unfaithful. In my eyes he doesn't deserve the respect show to not make jokes.

Yeah no good reason to ever cheat on someone in a relationship.

You a good fella, HS!
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:02 pm

No Worries wrote:

Please, drop the siege mentality. It has nothing to do with  Dead Horse

Compared to Foran has he been treated better or worse ?
    There's the whole public eye, face of a club, legend etc. etc.
    Certainly going to have more compassion for a bloke suffering mental health issues than a bloke cheating on his wife.

Having lived in QLD and with mates living in QLD we have all agreed that this is such a big thing for QLDers. Even in their media, they always have a Us V Them mentality and jump down your throat at the mere mention of someone on their side. (I don't think Dip jumped down any throats, more of a blanket statement)
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:03 pm

No Worries wrote:I saw it more of an ironic analogy that a joke.

The Analogy

The Irony

Firstly, well played.

Secondly, wouldn't the irony be that extra time is like a marriage not an affair??

Thirdly, I'm surprised both HS and yourself haven't gone down the path of including an equally as poor gag about this bloody word Extra and Bennett's love of chewing gum.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:05 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Having lived in QLD and with mates living in QLD we have all agreed that this is such a big thing for QLDers. Even in their media, they always have a Us V Them mentality and jump down your throat at the mere mention of someone on their side. (I don't think Dip jumped down any throats, more of a blanket statement)

I'd probably go as far to agree that with the QLDers but you'd find subsets of that type at all clubs, just different %s of them.

On a random note I remember most Australians used to get mega defensive if anyone said anything bad about the Aussie cricket team. Now 15 years later, it's cool to hate on the Aussie cricketers pretty much as much as possible.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:07 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Firstly, well played.

Secondly, wouldn't the irony be that extra time is like a marriage not an affair??

Thirdly, I'm surprised both HS and yourself haven't gone down the path of including an equally as poor gag about this bloody word Extra and Bennett's love of chewing gum.

I'm surprised Darius Boyd hasn't been brought into the joke and then maybe some kind of misunderstanding between Darius Boyd and Shannon Boyd.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:07 pm

ALso can someone please take the spaces out of my name, I think it's been more annoying for me than for anyone else Laughing

:pp:
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:10 pm

f i l t h r i d d e n wrote:

I'm surprised Darius Boyd hasn't been brought into the joke and then maybe some kind of misunderstanding between Darius Boyd and Shannon Boyd.

I'm no comedic genius but it sounds to me like you have the makings there of a highly humorous joke.

Make sure you spend a good week of your time making it into a long winded ramble and I think you'll find the people of the forum will really appreciate your efforts.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:12 pm

Honeysett wrote:

What are you getting at HS?

Are you fucking having a go at Dip ya KHunt?

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 6:35 am