NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread

2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread - Page 46 Empty Re: 2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:04 pm

Who on earth signed Jack Stockwell for $350k?? That's the bigger question
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread - Page 46 Empty Re: 2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread

Post by No Worries Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:07 pm

Pieman wrote:

Not if they paid him fuck all in the first year and heavily back ended the contract and paid him more as the cap raises and other players gradually leave - not all leave at once. They didnt let them do that, thats what they wanted to do.
    Izzy was the big one.
    What about gaz? They heavily back ended him then retired - this sparked the izzy thing didnt it?

Justify it how you want, being allowed to pay the best lock in the game the QLD and AUS lock who has played 350 NRL games 230k a year - at the peak of his powers - on the cap is a fucking rort.
    Especially when other clubs would have been offering him 3x that.

He was on 230k, that would make him close to the lowest paid bloke in the top 25 at the broncos (on the cap), thats fucking laughable

That's why Maranta get's a run in the Auckland 9's as their top paid player.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:12 pm

Pieman wrote:Yeah im mostly just shit stirring, its the NRL's fault for allowing the contract to be registered - after they denied the original burgess one and the izzy one

This Folau thing came up the other week, regarding a different player/club and the bottom line IMO is that Parra fans need to get over it and stop assuming it is a precedent.

Because clearly it isn't.

It was a one off call the NRL made at the time and for many, many instances that have occurred since, the NRL hasn't stepped in and applied a nominal contract value....when they easily could have.

I'm glad they haven't either and if you stopped and thought about the controversy that would result and what a dog's breakfast it would be if they did .....you'd fully agree.
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:12 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:Who on earth signed Jack Stockwell for $350k?? That's the bigger question

It's not as bad as it sounds though, as I believe the Tigers are paying 50% of his contract, despite having never been part of the Tigers organisation.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:16 pm

Dip wrote:

It's not as bad as it sounds though, as I believe the Tigers are paying 50% of his contract, despite having never been part of the Tigers organisation.

Haha your understanding of the off field shamozzle that is the Tigers and the Eels (in your previous post) is uncanny.

Are you a board member or something?
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:19 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Haha your understanding of the off field shamozzle that is the Tigers and the Eels (in your previous post) is uncanny.

Are you a board member or something?

Well I'm in my office doing something completely unrelated to my job. So every chance.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:26 pm

Dip wrote:

Well I'm in my office doing something completely unrelated to my job. So every chance.

Does your office also double as your garage?
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:36 pm

Dip wrote:

Is that you Marina ?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:58 pm

Dip wrote:

Even with those we don't really know how it went down. Withe the Burgess one it is reported they wouldn't register his contract as it put Souths over the cap, until they got rid of Walker and McQueen.

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-registers-sam-burgess-contract/tabid/10874/newsid/91245/default.aspx

Who know what happened with the Izzy one. Given everything that has come out this season, would anyone really be surprised if back in 2012 it went something like this:

Eels: Here's Izzy's contract for $400K/Yr
    NRL: You can't do that, you've only got $200K left in the cap
    Eels 10 minutes later: Here's his new contract for $200K/Yr. Izzy was prepared to take less as he has now found a new 3rd party sponsor for $200K, not affiliated to the club at all. The company is called Sharpe Pirtek enterprises Pty Ltd.
    NRL: Really fellas? Really? Under the circumstances I think we'll include $400K in the salary.
    Daily Telegraph: NRL are the reason we couldn't sign Izzy because of their unfair arbitrary ruling!

haha yeah mate it could be anything.
    Honestly tho, Corey parker on 230k a year is still crazy, it still makes him one of the lowest paid guys in the top 25.
    It also means the bronco's fans cant use the "we are using corey's money to sign semi" now tho
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:00 pm

Pieman wrote:

haha yeah mate it could be anything.
    Honestly tho, Corey parker on 230k a year is still crazy.
    It also means the bronco's fans cant use the "we are using corey's money to sign semi" now tho

Fairly sure Semi is a poor negotiator too mate....we might get him for $200k!
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:04 pm

Semi is taking massive unders on his worth to come work alongside the mastercoach because he is a poor lost little lamb that doesn't know what to do with his life and Darius is too big for the cot now so Wayne needs a replacement.

180k a year.

This opinion is purely the authors and although it may reflect that of others he in no way claims any responsibility for the preposterous bullshit value posted above.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:09 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

This Folau thing came up the other week, regarding a different player/club and the bottom line IMO is that Parra fans need to get over it and stop assuming it is a precedent.

Because clearly it isn't.

It was a one off call the NRL made at the time and for many, many instances that have occurred since, the NRL hasn't stepped in and applied a nominal contract value....when they easily could have.

I'm glad they haven't either and if you stopped and thought about the controversy that would result and what a dog's breakfast it would be if they did .....you'd fully agree.

I tend to think that there is something in place to stop guys from signing for less than their market value. If there wasnt, you would have blokes signing $1 contracts and as they get closer to retirement.
    Or clubs would sign super stars forwards for eg 230k a year then pay them 400k a year in third party agreements.

The parker situation is just another example of the bronco's playing by a different salary cap rule book to every other team Flip Off

No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:48 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Fairly sure Semi is a poor negotiator too mate....we might get him for $200k!

It's not that he's a poor negotiator, just that he didn't realise they were negotiating in Fijian $$
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:18 pm

If Parker did actually only earning that much then I've lost a bit of respect for him.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:39 pm

Pieman wrote:
    so how was that legal? 200k per year, or 230k per year over 3 years, plus what? 400k per year in TPA?

Clearly, his market value was more than 230k.....  :lol!:

Onya broncos!

Long serving player discount.
    Self representing discount.
    One club man discount.
    Silverfox discount.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:39 pm

code delta wrote:If Parker did actually only earning that much then I've lost a bit of respect for him.

That's the dumbest thing said on the forum to date.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:16 pm

ryno_ wrote:

That's the dumbest thing said on the forum to date.

There is "im taking a pay cut to keep the team together" and then there is "im a bumbling baffoon who misses out on 400k-500k a year for 4 years
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:17 pm

To be honest, listening to people speculate about why a player has done something or other regarding their contracts without any factual information is laughable! Like listening to Gus Gould/Buzz Rothfield and 90% of writers for SMH or The Roar, it's just dribbling verbal diarrhea. 

Does anyone having any real information regarding the Parker contract... Not in our circles I'd say. Does anyone have any factual information regarding the Izzy incident, again, not likely. We all get fed tidbits of information that the people want you to know and the plebs buy it and fish bite. That's what makes it so interesting for me. It's like clickbait without the volume but still has the potential for the volatility! Good fun!

But, I guess it makes the pages tick over and keeps people entertained over the off-season so carry on as you were, nothing to see here!
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:41 pm

is it not what these forums are all about??
    why come here if you dont enjoy reading dribble from no-bodies?
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:16 pm

Pieman wrote:is it not what these forums are all about??
    why come here if you dont enjoy reading dribble from no-bodies?

That's "Mr No-body" to you, thanks.

If Parker's book says a particular figure, I'd be inclined to believe him. I'd also be inclined to believe the massive PR machine that is the Brisbane Broncos could easily top up that figure.

What?

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 6:00 pm