NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread

2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:50 pm

Newcastle poached Gagai from the line at Centrelink. You should be pleased.
    Krump
    Krump

2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread

Post by Krump Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:56 am

surmo13 wrote:

How very dare we poach a young player from the Raiders after all the hard work they did to poach him after Newcastle developed him.
    Lol
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:56 am

So what's the story behind Billy McConnachie ? On the surface looks like there may be more to it ?
    Brisbane offer him a contract, he knocks it back signs with the Tigers instead. Lasts the off season before signing with the Broncos.

And if someone tells me we are paying the difference I'm gonna lose my shit Evil or Very Mad
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:11 am

Your Name wrote:So what's the story behind Billy McConnachie ? On the surface looks like there may be more to it ?
    Brisbane offer him a contract, he knocks it back signs with the Tigers instead. Lasts the off season before signing with the Broncos.

And if someone tells me we are paying the difference I'm gonna lose my shit Evil or Very Mad

Will be playing QLD Cup again
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:13 am

Honeysett wrote:Fuck I'm sick of Newcastle losing so many good juniors. We've let so many great ones through our net.

Yep.
    We hold onto blokes like Snowden/Gidley/Houston and co and let all our young good juniors go.
    Im kind of happy we held on to the Matu'tia brothers, but gee they would want to improve this year.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:32 am

Your Name wrote:So what's the story behind Billy McConnachie ? On the surface looks like there may be more to it ?

Deadset, we are just getting worse at this NRL thing.  Now we are taking players for the offseason only and not even getting a game out of them before handing them over and subsidising the other club.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:36 am

SI wrote:
    Deadset, we are just getting worse at this NRL thing.  Now we are taking players for the offseason only and not even getting a game out of them before handing them over and subsidising the other club.

It had to be his decision. Realising/being told he wasn't going to get a NRL gig at the Tigers and play ressies, so why give up family when you can play ressies at home
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:02 pm

Your Name wrote:

It had to be his decision. Realising/being told he wasn't going to get a NRL gig at the Tigers and play ressies, so why give up family when you can play ressies at home

Yeah it must.
    Something like that would make the most sense.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:12 pm

Your Name wrote:

Alternatively he went down and realised his QLD Cup team was run better than the shambolic operation that the Tigers have going
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:53 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:
    Your Name wrote:

Alternatively he went down and realised his QLD Cup team was run better than the shambolic operation that the Tigers have going
    This is the most feasible reason by far.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:27 am

SI wrote:
    Just chill. 

Word is that Tigers are only paying  $180k  of his contract for the next two years.

Still better than the Sheens deal.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:46 am

Pain wrote:
    SI wrote:
    Just chill. 

Word is that Tigers are only paying  $180k  of his contract for the next two years.

Still better than the Sheens deal.
    Blair would have been a more relevant example.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:58 am

Roberts named 1st two rounds but didn't get a run; what's the go lads?

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:38 am

SI wrote:Roberts named 1st two rounds but didn't get a run; what's the go lads?

Bennett clearly knew we wouldn't need him for these first couple gimme's, so has kept the petrol in the tank for later on in the season.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:02 am

surmo13 wrote:
    SI wrote:Roberts named 1st two rounds but didn't get a run; what's the go lads?

Bennett clearly knew we wouldn't need him for these first couple gimme's, so has kept the petrol in the tank for later on in the season.

Haha, nice work Surmon; was my first attempt at trolling the Broncs thread in the history of forever but because I'm such a soft cock I didn't expect it to go well.  I have however PM'd Honeysett for tips; invited Rabs to the forum; and put some feelers out in the world of Maths Academia for CJ to give his take on things as well.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:28 am

SI wrote:

Haha, nice work Surmon; was my first attempt at trolling the Broncs thread in the history of forever but because I'm such a soft cock I didn't expect it to go well.  I have however PM'd Honeysett for tips; invited Rabs to the forum; and put some feelers out in the world of Maths Academia for CJ to give his take on things as well.

lol! well, there's your first mistake, looking for CJ in the world of Maths Academia is like looking for James Roberts in a Broncos jersey.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:55 am

I nickname thee Speedy Gonzales.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:08 pm

Looks to me like Alfie Langer has been man of the match for two games straight.

Is this straight out of the "lets cheat with our runner" playbook?

Please discuss the advantages or otherwise of throwing an international halfback on the field, three feet from the play while on the attack.

Cheers. Very Happy
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:02 pm

Rabbit wrote:Looks to me like Alfie Langer has been man of the match for two games straight.

Is this straight out of the "lets cheat with our runner" playbook?

Please discuss the advantages or otherwise of throwing an international halfback on the field, three feet from the play while on the attack.

Cheers. Very Happy

It shits me to tears as well.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:17 pm

Jealous much?

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:34 am