NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Salary Cap Cheats?

Shanbon
    Shanbon

Salary Cap Cheats? - Page 2 Empty Re: Salary Cap Cheats?

Post by Shanbon Tue May 10, 2016 11:44 am

The problem is this year even with bringing in Foran Jennings Gordon the Eels are under the cap, the NRL has made them 570k over the cap by adding in 700k from previous years breaches. Last year Parra got Schubert in to organise their 2016 salary cap and he did that.

As reported Parra over spent by 3mil from 2013 to 2015. The NRL are aware that this 2016 team is under the cap but they needed to look like they are are being fair (by giving them the slimiest of finals chances) and hard by breaking the team up (by moving previous breaches into a correct 2016 cap)

The NRL should have come out and said that they breached the cap for 13/14/15 but are correct in 16 but because they systematically breached for 3 years they have a 1mil penalty and 16 point deduction penalty (12 for the previous 3 years and the 4 suspended from first investigation). The NRL stuffed up by trying to please too many people.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue May 10, 2016 11:47 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Actually on that note can anyone imagine how baffled that dyscalculia suffering simpleton Craig Johnson is feeling right now??

The poor bastard couldn't compute the most simple of sums and must be deadset wondering what the fuck his poor club has done wrong....

CJ's calculation has them raising the JJ Giltnan

It's the extra 2 points they get for the bye that makes the difference.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue May 10, 2016 11:51 am

Shanbon wrote:

The NRL should have come out and said that they breached the cap for 13/14/15 but are correct in 16 but because they systematically breached for 3 years they have a 1mil penalty and 16 point deduction penalty (12 for the previous 3 years and the 4 suspended from first investigation). The NRL stuffed up by trying to please too many people.

This could be about the most intelligent thing I've ever read on a sports forum.

Clap Clap Clap Clap
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue May 10, 2016 11:52 am

Who said they're under the cap in 2016?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue May 10, 2016 1:07 pm

Your Name wrote:
    Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Actually on that note can anyone imagine how baffled that dyscalculia suffering simpleton Craig Johnson is feeling right now??

The poor bastard couldn't compute the most simple of sums and must be deadset wondering what the fuck his poor club has done wrong....

CJ's calculation has them raising the JJ Giltnan

It's the extra 2 points they get for the bye that makes the difference.

Naaaaw, poor CJ Lol

Dogs12 maths wasn't much better either when it came to byes.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue May 10, 2016 1:11 pm

Dip wrote:Who said they're under the cap in 2016?

Steve Sharp.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue May 10, 2016 11:03 pm

Archer wrote:It's pretty clear what a club has to do if it comes under suspicion.

If you go along with the NRL and allow any kind of investigation, prepare to be spanked and sat in the naughty corner.

If instead you tell them to get stuffed, retire off a staff member with some cushy "Gee thanks for jumping, mighty nice of you" pay, you are right to continue on with BAU.

Given that, its surely another "Classic Moley" where he's throwing shit hoping something sticks, no way anyone gets caught from here. Surely.

Reeks of andrew gee a few years ago
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue May 10, 2016 11:25 pm

Pieman wrote:

Did the "Gee thanks for jumping, mighty nice of you" give it away ?
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed May 11, 2016 1:33 am

Pieman wrote:

Geez mate, how did you ever crack the code on that one.....

You should become a salary cap auditor with those sort of investigative skills!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed May 11, 2016 1:56 am

Slightly related to all this, I believe Robbie Kearns was also a highly paid member of the Storm backroom staff for a couple years after he stopped playing.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Wed May 11, 2016 8:23 am

Shanbon wrote:The problem is this year even with bringing in Foran Jennings Gordon the Eels are under the cap, the NRL has made them 570k over the cap by adding in 700k from previous years breaches. Last year Parra got Schubert in to organise their 2016 salary cap and he did that.

As reported Parra over spent by 3mil from 2013 to 2015. The NRL are aware that this 2016 team is under the cap but they needed to look like they are are being fair (by giving them the slimiest of finals chances) and hard by breaking the team up (by moving previous breaches into a correct 2016 cap)

Fair enough, but it's not black and white. Even if they wipe the points, and levy the fine, there's still the act of assembling an illegal squad based on salary cap breaches to consider.

Look, I personally don't care either way, but you're not going to find a solution that appeases all, and simply by stating a solution in a reasonable tone of voice (instead of the histrionic "Peats not Points" BS that's apparently gaining momentum) isn't going to make the punishment any more or less palatable to all interested parties.

(Of course you're never going to appease everyone anyway, so you're on a hiding to nothing to begin with).

I actually don't mind the penalty. It hits hard enough, whilst not removing the outside chance of a miracle. I bet Storm supporters would have given this option the thumbs up? Realism tells me you can't back-date a penalty and call it a penalty? (Sharks / ASADA excluded: I'm talking about the real world here....)

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu May 12, 2016 12:51 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Geez mate, how did you ever crack the code on that one.....

You should become a salary cap auditor with those sort of investigative skills!

I have no idea what you are talking about.
    I completely plucked that from no where with no prompting or anything what so ever.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:59 am