NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Salary Cap Change

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Salary Cap Change - Page 3 Empty Re: Salary Cap Change

Post by Honeysett Fri May 13, 2016 2:58 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Mate the mining boom is over and by the time a Perth team is back on the radar it will be cheaper than living in Ipswich.

Could you please tell that to the $13 pints I buy, I'd love for Perth to be cheaper.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Fri May 13, 2016 3:05 pm

Honeysett wrote:
    Could you please tell that to the $13 pints I buy, I'd love for Perth to be cheaper.  

Amen sista.

Honeysett wrote:
    The Valley (not comparing just making a point) is one of the biggest shitholes I've ever seen.

Testify!
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu May 26, 2016 4:44 pm

Team should have to have used up their entire salary cap before they dip into 3rd party agreements.

For example - they carried on about how the signing of James Roberts actually helped the broncos cap - I guess because he signed for less cap money and more TPA money.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu May 26, 2016 6:00 pm

Pieman wrote:Team should have to have used up their entire salary cap before they dip into 3rd party agreements.

For example - they carried on about how the signing of James Roberts actually helped the broncos cap - I guess because he signed for less cap money and more TPA money.

In theory it sounds common sense and agreeable. But in practice wouldn't be realistic. Club X (see what I did there) has exhausted it's salary cap and dipped into 3rd parties to top up 6 players earnings. A player on $450K retires and I replace him with a $300K player. I'm now $150K under the cap and have 6 players on TPA's illegally. Do I then have to renegotiate 1 players contract to put an extra $150K cap money into his salary and then trust that his manager (because as a club I have nothing to do with TPA's) hands back $150K to the third party. What if all 6 blokes said no to the renegotiation ?
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Thu May 26, 2016 6:30 pm

TPA's are an absolute joke, I know my club benefits from them. But I just cant take the salary cap seriously with the way the system is currently.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu May 26, 2016 7:28 pm

Your Name wrote:

In theory it sounds common sense and  agreeable. But in practice wouldn't be realistic. Club X (see what I did there) has exhausted it's salary cap and dipped into 3rd parties to top up  6 players earnings. A player on $450K retires and I replace him with a $300K player. I'm now $150K under the cap and have 6 players on TPA's illegally. Do I then have to renegotiate 1 players contract to put an extra $150K cap money into his salary and then trust that his manager (because as a club I have nothing to do with TPA's) hands back $150K to the third party. What if all 6 blokes said no to the renegotiation ?
    Im sure there are many many holes in it, was just a thought.

Then the club shouldnt be allowed to sign anyone else until its all sorted or something like that. There would be a way around it. But yeah, tricky.
    The amount of money a player is on from a TPA is (or should be) irrelevant because as you said, the club is suppose to have nothing to do with it.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:57 am