NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Round 8 Match Thread

RandomSil
    RandomSil

Round 8 Match Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Round 8 Match Thread

Post by RandomSil Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:33 pm

Honeysett wrote:
    SI wrote:

Yep, good stuff.  Surely Lawrence' hand slipped off that ball.

It was slipping, I still think he had control of it though.
    Agree completely with this, I think his hand was slipping but the force from the ball hitting the ground is was caused it to slip off.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:37 pm

Random wrote:That is the first try I have seen scored from a kick off, by the kicking team.

Tigers did it in 2005 v Cowboys (I think). Might go back and see if I find it but from memory the kick off hit the cross bar. Although not sure if it was in that play or the next play.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:41 pm

Mullen hamstrung. Should think about retiring, injured all the time
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:52 pm

If Saifiti turns the ball inside to Ross, we have a cliffhanger finish

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:57 pm

Lamb would be a good cashout for TMM so I can upgrade Saifiti to someone like Bodene or JGraham next week.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:02 pm

Yeah Lamb could get the call up.

With the knights halves, Mullen always injured and hodginson losing all form they should give next in line a shot for sure.
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:19 pm

Random wrote:That is the first try I have seen scored from a kick off, by the kicking team.
    Pretty sure the Dragons did it to win the Anzac Day clash a few years ago.
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:21 pm

And there was the one where someone passed to Martin Kennedy when he was with the Roosters, he slipped and it hit him in the noggin before the other team retrieved and scored.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:48 am

Dip wrote:And there was the one where someone passed to Martin Kennedy when he was with the Roosters, he slipped and it hit him in the noggin before the other team retrieved and scored.

was one of jmoz 4 tries, we had a pretty poor year that season but piling on 60 that day with the hilarity of the roosters fuck ups was a good day

the roosters crying foul when 2 of their 3 tries shouldn't have been tries is a bit rich, there was some soft calls but geez that can't blame their 7th loss of the year on the refs imo

re dogs game, happy to get away with one when not everything clicked, given our on & off form, it means we could still be due for a good game against parra lol

been really impressed with klemmer the last 5 or so weeks, came on after 30 and played out the rest of the game including golden point, is churning out big runs for long periods of time now, i think the limited interchange is working well for him
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:17 am

leaguegod wrote:

the roosters crying foul when 2 of their 3 tries shouldn't have been tries is a bit rich, there was some soft calls but geez that can't blame their 7th loss of the year on the refs imo

Correct. But, the reffing in that game was diabolical. That Napa tackle was just the straw breaking the camels back.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:27 am

ryno_ wrote:

Correct. But, the reffing in that game was diabolical. That Napa tackle was just the straw breaking the camels back.

yeah i think most agree and the kane evans penalty was just as soft, the bunker had done better at only intervening when legitimately report able but took a few steps backwards yesterday

i just think robbo went a bit far against cummins especially when most calls against the chooks were made by the bunker, the biggest blunders by cummins was not reviewing the roosters 2nd try or missing the huge forward pass before their first.

and i also don't buy the whole ben cummons not respecting jake friend, refs don't talk to most captains much these days (unless its JT or cam smith). its not just cummins not talking to friend and at one stage, friend acted like a child, why should cummins keep talking to him
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:08 pm

The refs complaining about getting a tough run from the refs is the height of hypocracy. They've got 3 minor premierships on the back of refs not giving holding down penalties and sin bins as much as they should have.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:12 pm

leaguegod wrote:

yeah i think most agree and the kane evans penalty was just as soft, the bunker had done better at only intervening when legitimately report able but took a few steps backwards yesterday

i just think robbo went a bit far against cummins especially when most calls against the chooks were made by the bunker, the biggest blunders by cummins was not reviewing the roosters 2nd try or missing the huge forward pass before their first.

and i also don't buy the whole ben cummons not respecting jake friend, refs don't talk to most captains much these days (unless its JT or cam smith). its not just cummins not talking to friend and at one stage, friend acted like a child, why should cummins keep talking to him

The one they kept showing, Friend asked the question, Cummins gave him an answer and Friend kept going. Cummins rightly told him to go away. He got his answer, the other team have the ball and want to play football. Unless there was another issue that the cameras didnt pickup, I cant side with Friend in the slightest. Being captain doesnt give you right to a round table discussion every time one of your shit-for-brains props drop the ball and you want to argue the toss.

I dont think the respect shown to Friend was bad, but the refereeing performance, as a team of onfield x2, touchies x2 and bunker, was pretty terrible.

Have to give the bunker props though - in the melbourne game when one of the warriors decided to field a ball on his knees and got cleaned up by that winger with 13 "v"s in his name, I thought they were going to bring it back but let it go. Good call.

And I also love the sin binnings on the weekend. About time they pulled that out for professional fouls.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:01 pm

ryno_ wrote:

The one they kept showing, Friend asked the question, Cummins gave him an answer and Friend kept going. Cummins rightly told him to go away. He got his answer, the other team have the ball and want to play football. Unless there was another issue that the cameras didnt pickup, I cant side with Friend in the slightest. Being captain doesnt give you right to a round table discussion every time one of your shit-for-brains props drop the ball and you want to argue the toss.

I dont think the respect shown to Friend was bad, but the refereeing performance, as a team of onfield x2, touchies x2 and bunker, was pretty terrible.

Have to give the bunker props though - in the melbourne game when one of the warriors decided to field a ball on his knees and got cleaned up by that winger with 13 "v"s in his name, I thought they were going to bring it back but let it go. Good call.

And I also love the sin binnings on the weekend. About time they pulled that out for professional fouls.

agree with all of that

i don't think players being video refs in always gonna be a good thing but when it comes to determining whether offenses should be penalized, i do think Patten is letting more go then Sutton (Sutton did the chooks game, Patten the storm game for example)
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:15 pm

Pieman wrote:

Totally agree, thats a clear cut Sin bin. I don't think it gets any more clear than that. Arthur is a moron if he is disputing that.

Penalty try??.....

On a side note and something that was overlooked primarily because the commentators started batting off over the bloke, was Lachlan Coote's try saver on Danny Wicks.

Now this is where the rules are shit because technically it was a deadset shoulder charge and realistically by the letter of the law, should have been a penalty try.

leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:28 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Penalty try??.....

On a side note and something that was overlooked primarily because the commentators started batting off over the bloke, was Lachlan Coote's try saver on Danny Wicks.

Now this is where the rules are shit because technically it was a deadset shoulder charge and realistically by the letter of the law, should have been a penalty try.

michael gordon was in a position to at least make a play, i think it was less of a penalty try claim then the one's in previous games (chooks/warriors & tigers/storm)

i'm sure the nrl stated last year that a shoulder charge stopping a try would not be determined as a penalty try unless it was high, which does seem a little stupid if it is considered illegal either way but warren smith talked about pretty depth in one of the early rounds last year
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:40 pm

Thanks heaps NZ, for waking up Melbourne. As much as the general vibe is that Melbourne are less of a threat due to age / no Slater, they're currently sitting 3rd. Not bad for a mob that looked pretty comatose for the last month

If there's a team you don't want to meet in the finals, it's generally Melbourne, particularly IN Melbourne.

So, once again, thanks for nothing, Warriors!
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:53 pm

leaguegod wrote:

michael gordon was in a position to at least make a play, i think it was less of a penalty try claim then the one's in previous games (chooks/warriors & tigers/storm)

i'm sure the nrl stated last year that a shoulder charge stopping a try would not be determined as a penalty try unless it was high, which does seem a little stupid if it is considered illegal either way but warren smith talked about pretty depth in one of the early rounds last year

Yeah I agree but was just shit-stirring old mate Pieman.

It's certainly not in the rule books but I'd be interested to see if this was an interpretation employed by the NRL.
    It probably should be (even though it is completely hypocritical)....but only because of the stupid rule they introduced in the first place.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:05 pm

dasherhalo wrote:Thanks heaps NZ, for waking up Melbourne. As much as the general vibe is that Melbourne are less of a threat due to age / no Slater, they're currently sitting 3rd. Not bad for a mob that looked pretty comatose for the last month

If there's a team you don't want to meet in the finals, it's generally Melbourne, particularly IN Melbourne.

Pretty sure I ranked Melbourne to come second this year before the season started. (Where is that thread again?).

Broncos always seem to get Storm after they have been on a small run and are high in confidence..
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:07 pm

dasherhalo wrote:Thanks heaps NZ, for waking up Melbourne. As much as the general vibe is that Melbourne are less of a threat due to age / no Slater, they're currently sitting 3rd. Not bad for a mob that looked pretty comatose for the last month

storm will always be a tough to beat but they have had a soft start

their wins are

warriors twice
    tigers in golden point
    Knights at home
    titans at home
    dragons at home

they've played 2 sides in the 8 and lost both, they'll still be a threat but still way behind the 2 power teams and i'd rate them below sharks and possible eels (depending on how much points the eels lose)

they've got a really tough run home, last 6 games are

sharks, broncos and souths at home
    trips to brookvale, townsville and canberra

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:39 pm