NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable

Post by wolfking Wed May 08, 2024 1:22 pm

Anyone holding May?  I'm 50/50.  There's no real correlation between his 50 minute games earlier in the season to the few he's had 30 minutes or less.  Team sheet was just as stacked the first 4 rounds as it is now.  Really points to Robbo doing Robbo in rotating minutes around.  One of those situations where if you hold you have to take the 50 minute games along with the 25 minute games.  I know Whyte has come along as a player too which hasn't helped. Tough one.
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Wed May 08, 2024 1:27 pm

Snatchpato wrote:I just want to take a moment away from complaining to do a public appreciation post for Kayal Iro. Since coming into (most of) our sides, he's not scored a try, and yet averaged 43. The cash cow we all craved AND filled a notoriously challenging centre spot.

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable - Page 4 Giphy
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed May 08, 2024 1:28 pm

wolfking wrote:Anyone holding May?  I'm 50/50.  There's no real correlation between his 50 minute games earlier in the season to the few he's had 30 minutes or less.  Team sheet was just as stacked the first 4 rounds as it is now.  Really points to Robbo doing Robbo in rotating minutes around.  One of those situations where if you hold you have to take the 50 minute games along with the 25 minute games.  I know Whyte has come along as a player too which hasn't helped. Tough one.

really no idea what to do, so i'm just avoiding the decision til ~Friday.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed May 08, 2024 1:28 pm

Snatchpato wrote:I just want to take a moment away from complaining to do a public appreciation post for Kayal Iro. Since coming into (most of) our sides, he's not scored a try, and yet averaged 43. The cash cow we all craved AND filled a notoriously challenging centre spot.

I touched wood when I complimented him yesterday and will do it again now, but to be a cash cow that’d mean you’re planning to trade him out at some stage? All going well, I’m viewing him as a keeper at CTR, personally.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed May 08, 2024 1:31 pm

wolfking wrote:Anyone holding May?  I'm 50/50.  There's no real correlation between his 50 minute games earlier in the season to the few he's had 30 minutes or less.  Team sheet was just as stacked the first 4 rounds as it is now.  Really points to Robbo doing Robbo in rotating minutes around.  One of those situations where if you hold you have to take the 50 minute games along with the 25 minute games.  I know Whyte has come along as a player too which hasn't helped. Tough one.

I held last week, and probably will this week. Would love to go RyMatt/Plath/TEisen for coverage etc, but think the trade doesn't need to be made yet.

That said, may have a quiet drink adn pull the trigger later.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed May 08, 2024 1:34 pm

It wasn't nearly as stacked then as now.

R1 JWH missing
    R2 onwards Leniu missing

Whyte started the season getting 15-20 minutes, now demanding 30+ minutes each week on form.

Sandon was on the bench the first couple of games, no risk of getting MID minutes, with Watson killing it in the MID rotation and demanding big minutes now.

No EDGs on the bench this week, compared with last week when all of Tups, Wong and Egan were on the bench.

At the start of the season, they were rotating Tups, Butcher and Wong with limited minutes at EDG each week. Now they have Crichton getting 80 every week.

Terrell isn't scoring 2 tries each week and is most likely getting limited minutes with so many players to get game time. Next chance to get decent minutes is when Collins is playing Origin.

Most sides have too many players out in R14. May seems an easy one to move on well before then.

Last edited by mattnz on Wed May 08, 2024 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 08, 2024 1:35 pm

He helped me get to Hynes so I think that makes it worth doing
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 08, 2024 1:37 pm

Struggling with buying Hynes this week (have Cleary), too scared not owning but if he’s selected for Origin then not sure he’s worth grabbing being so close
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed May 08, 2024 1:38 pm

mattnz wrote:

I started with Kiraz and May this season.

Kiraz has a knee injury, went for scans this week.
    Panthers are right side dominant, except for the crash ball play to the left EDG, Luai cutting back inside, or passing the cut out ball to Too on the wing. May gets no quality ball in attack.
    If Pap is back R14-15 as reported, Faalogo only gets 4-5 games at fullback and doesn't play R13.
    Drinkwater looks to be the solid, but expensive keeper play.

Soo get no one?

Kiraz knee does put me off a bit tbh.

While Panthers have seemed to be right side dominant I think the analysis has been done before that over the course of the season these things often come back pretty close to even, ergo there's lots of points coming up for May surely...
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Wed May 08, 2024 1:38 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Struggling with buying Hynes this week (have Cleary), too scared not owning but if he’s selected for Origin then not sure he’s worth grabbing being so close

I'm thinking about getting Cleary as a pod
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed May 08, 2024 1:38 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:Just got made redundant at work. Pretty shit news.....

.... for the rest of you, as that was presumably the only thing holding me back from winning Fantasy.

In the event you are upset about this, being made redundant was the best thing that ever happened to me. Nice injection of cash, got to take 6 months off work and do what I wanted.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed May 08, 2024 1:40 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Just think Carty is coming back from a rib cartilage injury and they are easing him back in. Wouldn't be shocked if there was a game day switch.

I'm still contemplating picking up Matto though Very Happy

I'm fortunate that if it's a game day switch I can still reverse and go Fainu instead

If he starts, I'm taking the punt. Arthars doesn't tend to run his bench much. In my head - worst case Matto is 50 mins and hits average, waste another trade getting him out after R13. Best case he goes boom.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed May 08, 2024 1:40 pm

mattnz wrote:

R1 JWH missing
    R2 onwards Leniu missing

Whyte started the season getting 15-20 minutes, now demanding 30+ minutes each week on form.

Sandon was on the bench the first couple of games, no risk of getting MID minutes, with Watson killing it in the MID rotation and demanding big minutes now.

No EDGs on the bench this week, compared with last week when all of Tups, Wong and Egan were on the bench.

At the start of the season, they were rotating Tups, Butcher and Wong with limited minutes at EDG each week. Now they have Crichton getting 80 every week.

Terrell isn't scoring 2 tries each week and is most likely getting limited minutes with so many players to get game time. Next chance to get decent minutes is when Collins is playing Origin.

Most sides have too many players out in R14. May seems an easy one to move on well before then.

I've already sold him but this all seems pretty fair. Unless he scores two tries again. But you never really know with Robbo.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 08, 2024 1:41 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    He helped me get to Hynes so I think that makes it worth doing

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Struggling with buying Hynes this week (have Cleary), too scared not owning but if he’s selected for Origin then not sure he’s worth grabbing being so close

scratch
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 08, 2024 1:42 pm

mattnz wrote:

R1 JWH missing
    R2 onwards Leniu missing

I read this as 'I don't have May in my team anymore,' Laughing but nevertheless, all very valid points.

Yes, I have too many round 14 players but the carrot of a round 13 player already in the team is hard to let go.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 08, 2024 1:42 pm

wolfking wrote:

scratch
    You should know my mind changes very quickly 🤣
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed May 08, 2024 1:44 pm

BCT05 wrote:

Soo get no one?

Kiraz knee does put me off a bit tbh.

While Panthers have seemed to be right side dominant I think the analysis has been done before that over the course of the season these things often come back pretty close to even, ergo there's lots of points coming up for May surely...

Roosters are setting up Dom Young close to the line. Panthers aren't setting up May close to the line. Would be my preferred pick if you don't need a CTR.

Going to have a big game eventually with 2 or 3 tries and put up a huge score. Roosters are fully fit and firing.

Garrick looks solid.

Can wait for next week and grab Weekes.

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed May 08, 2024 1:48 pm

Honeysett wrote:

In the event you are upset about this, being made redundant was the best thing that ever happened to me. Nice injection of cash, got to take 6 months off work and do what I wanted.

being made redundant with a nice payout is literally the dream.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 08, 2024 1:48 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    You should know my mind changes very quickly 🤣

2 minutes though? lol
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed May 08, 2024 1:52 pm

mattnz wrote:

Roosters are setting up Dom Young close to the line. Panthers aren't setting up May close to the line. Would be my preferred pick if you don't need a CTR.

Going to have a big game eventually with 2 or 3 tries and put up a huge score. Roosters are fully fit and firing.

Garrick looks solid.

Can wait for next week and grab Weekes.

Don't mind Young but can't with rd14 numbers. Already have Garrick.

Options aren't plentiful that tick a lot of boxes that's for sure. If Tracey comes in to fullback from the reserves I might actually go there.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:18 pm