NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable

mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable

Post by mattnz Wed May 08, 2024 12:16 pm

robelgordo wrote:Hawkins 12 weeks
    Gray 8-10
    Ilias season

Is this nobody partnering Walker a buy? Or do we just assume Wighton or Latrell is playing halves at some stage?

Walker never seems to step up when there is an opportunity. I started with him the season that he had Ilias as his rookie halfback, he played really shit instead of stepping up.

Last edited by mattnz on Wed May 08, 2024 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 37 - All Our Reserve Graders Are Unavailable

Post by Aardvark Wed May 08, 2024 12:21 pm

robelgordo wrote:

I can't come at Eisenhuth. I think being a Dragons fan is putting me off hahaha. Probably keeps plodding 45s and 50s in his HYBIRD role of MID/EDG/CTR though.

Absolute steal if anyone got him near R1

It's not an inspiring choice and I may still go the Matto route for the lols but I do need someone I can play over (but probably in addition to Very Happy) Cheese/Piakura/Salmon who get minutes every week and plods along to a 40. imagine that, a lovely 40 sitting on your bench......
    Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Wed May 08, 2024 12:21 pm

Interesting choices to replace Pappy this week, compounded by the fact I'm already starting Atkinson. Don't love the look of Armstrong, he will be a better winger. I do like the chat about Young and May as options. Simonson or Russel could be worth a shout too. There is always AJ (and RTS to a lesser extent) but they miss 13. Tago will be bleeding cash too but means you have to wait. Kiraz seems the best with byes, but I'm not coughing up 600 for him. Teddy probably does outscore May in less games, but if May can jag a try or two it'll be alright. Fa'alogo looked decent last week but geez he seems small and doesn't play 13.

ALL that said, might just do Papy>May/Young and flip flop on a second Strange/Salmon>Fa'alogo trade to get Atkinson out of the starting lineup. Although Strange/Salmon>Weekes next week (provided he's named) is a goer.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed May 08, 2024 12:25 pm

BCT05 wrote:Unsure on Papy replacement between Fa'a, Kiraz, TayMay or Drinkwater.

Fa'a would be nice for cash plus points if he can average 40 but also requires a trade back out in ~6 weeks(?) (Initial talk was 6-8wks from nrlphysio but storm have said 4-6 I think? Get the feeling it's certainly going to be longer than 4).

Kiraz and May could hopefully hang around in CTR all the way if needed. Particularly like Kiraz playing both 13+16.

Might be worth paying up for Drinky but only plays one of the major byes which becomes less ideal when paying 700k, and limits my second trade to Fainu instead of Matto.

I started with Kiraz and May this season.

Kiraz has a knee injury, went for scans this week.
    Panthers are right side dominant, except for the crash ball play to the left EDG, Luai cutting back inside, or passing the cut out ball to Too on the wing. May gets no quality ball in attack.
    If Pap is back R14-15 as reported, Faalogo only gets 4-5 games at fullback and doesn't play R13.
    Drinkwater looks to be the solid, but expensive keeper play.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Wed May 08, 2024 12:38 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    If he can keep playing a plodder like Lussick then Matterson should be a no brainer

At my rank I need to take a punt on somebody. If he can score anything like he has historically then happy days.

That's my logic LB.
    My rank has tanked (20000+) so any risk is worth it in the long run.
    I took the early punt on Angus (Robbo's notoriously fickle forward rotations and all) and it paid dividends.
    If Matto gets a half decent run over the Origin rounds he should make coin and provide much needed points.

N.B. there may be other issues at play we (the fans) know nothing about that's holding him back.
    scratch
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed May 08, 2024 12:44 pm

If I did go the Matto route I would not be as confident as some of the opinions expressed on the last few pages....It would definitely be based more on hope than any solid views on his potential minutes going forward.

Matto has had more false dawns than Armageddon. Also Brad Arthur....
    TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

Post by TheWeapon Wed May 08, 2024 12:45 pm

Too late to get Fuller? HTF due back rd 11 right? Though HTF would likely make the origin side?
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Wed May 08, 2024 12:46 pm

Aardvark wrote:If I did go the Matto route I would not be as confident as some of the opinions expressed on the last few pages....It would definitely be based more on hope than any solid views on his potential minutes going forward.

Matto has had more false dawns than Armageddon. Also Brad Arthur....

Oh we are in the hope world alright.
    BA be damned.
    affraid
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 08, 2024 12:48 pm

BA is too erratic. I want to see the role and see him named there next week. Carty has been good, what's suddenly changed. Perhaps BA has just realised Matto is a superior football player but talk about shuffling the deck chairs.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Wed May 08, 2024 12:52 pm

Anyone that doesn't own Cleary getting him this week?
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed May 08, 2024 12:54 pm

I actually think Carty is a superior football player on the edge (don't get me wrong Matto is also a good football player and is a bigger body). Carty adds a bit of extra creativity, which the eels sorely need.

Matto is probably better in the middle but again Hopgood is busier.

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed May 08, 2024 12:56 pm

BCT05 wrote:Would like Matterson a lot more if he didn't get such poor minutes off the bench so far this year. Previous couple years his scoring off the bench was still very good so would be nice to have that to fall back to if Carty gets his spot back. If he keeps the starting edge spot he's a must have but we all know BA shenanigans and hard to trust him staying there. Will probably take the punt over Fainu.

I'm going all MattNZ and grabbing him then creating a narrative to suit my agenda. Fringe origin level talent is way too good to be on the bench over journeyman Cartwright. Will play 80 at lock while Hopgood is at origin while simultaneously coming off the bench to cover Paulo with another 50 at prop

Should average atleast 90 points over this period
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 08, 2024 12:56 pm

Aardvark wrote:I actually think Carty is a superior football player on the edge (don't get me wrong Matto is also a good football player and is a bigger body). Carty adds a bit of extra creativity, which the eels sorely need.

Matto is probably better in the middle but again Hopgood is busier.

That again begs my question, what's Carty done then. BA just lost the plot maybe? If anything Lane should be benched over Carty.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed May 08, 2024 12:59 pm

wolfking wrote:

That again begs my question, what's Carty done then.  BA just lost the plot maybe?  If anything Lane should be benched over Carty.

Just think Carty is coming back from a rib cartilage injury and they are easing him back in. Wouldn't be shocked if there was a game day switch.

I'm still contemplating picking up Matto though Very Happy
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Wed May 08, 2024 1:04 pm

wolfking wrote:

That again begs my question, what's Carty done then.  BA just lost the plot maybe?  If anything Lane should be benched over Carty.

I don't think it's anything Carty, or any specific Parra player has done per se.
    It's pretty clear that BA is under the pump. This team went close to a premiership not so long ago, they have under performed and it's getting hot in the kitchen. BA is shifting chairs on the Titanic because he needs to be seen to be doing something.
    The main problem is their attack is built around Moses. Moses > Dylbags and then either an Edge (Lane / Carty) or out to the wing (Sivo). The only other play is Gutho sliding into the backline play for an extra man o/lap.
    Moses & Gutho injured = Eels attack stalls.
    This means more loses than wins and boom, coach starts to freak out and switch players around.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed May 08, 2024 1:06 pm

wolfking wrote:

Yep, if looking to change things up, Lane looks to be the way to do it. Carty started the season on fire.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed May 08, 2024 1:12 pm

I just want to take a moment away from complaining to do a public appreciation post for Kayal Iro. Since coming into (most of) our sides, he's not scored a try, and yet averaged 43. The cash cow we all craved AND filled a notoriously challenging centre spot.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed May 08, 2024 1:13 pm

Snatchpato wrote:I just want to take a moment away from complaining to do a public appreciation post for Kayal Iro. Since coming into (most of) our sides, he's not scored a try, and yet averaged 43. The cash cow we all craved AND filled a notoriously challenging centre spot.

Now we get to blame you when he puts up a shit score
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 08, 2024 1:17 pm

Loomer wrote:Anyone that doesn't own Cleary getting him this week?

Tempting but I'll probably resist heading into the bye period. Can see more restings through the series. Will be watching from behind the couch though.

I had him in last week so I guess it's still an option but will more than likely hold off.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed May 08, 2024 1:19 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Now we get to blame you when he puts up a shit score

TOP 5000 - 96.50%

a very select few will be happy with a poor score from Kayal

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:55 pm