NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Supercoach 2024

lukeayee
    lukeayee

Supercoach 2024 Empty Supercoach 2024

Post by lukeayee Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:35 pm

I can't find a thread for SC yet, so thought I'd start one up.

We got many SC players this year?
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Supercoach 2024 Empty Re: Supercoach 2024

Post by Clack Bocks Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:53 pm

I'm in it.
    Hannah2
    Hannah2

Post by Hannah2 Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:53 am

Thanks for starting, Lukeayee. I'm in it too! I've been hanging out on the other thread because the SC one wasn't very active last year.
    Now we're here does anyone know the formula for working out price gains and losses?
    I have Cleary and Hynes, so expect to drop lots of money after this round. I'm trying to work out if it is worth trading Cleary and getting him in about 4 weeks when he is cheaper. I can use the money to fix my team.
    However, I don't usually sell guns, I'm not sure what a trade is worth and I have no formula to work out how much he'll lose.
    Any advice?
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:08 am

Hannah2 wrote:Thanks for starting, Lukeayee. I'm in it too! I've been hanging out on the other thread because the SC one wasn't very active last year.
    Now we're here does anyone know the formula for working out price gains and losses?
    I have Cleary and Hynes, so expect to drop lots of money after this round. I'm trying to work out if it is worth trading Cleary and getting him in about 4 weeks when he is cheaper. I can use the money to fix my team.
    However, I don't usually sell guns, I'm not sure what a trade is worth and I have no formula to work out how much he'll lose.
    Any advice?

You mean like an amount he’ll lose for every point scoring scenario? It’s impossible to say without knowing what he scores. Same scenario as any Fantasy game, though. If he scores low, he’ll lose a lot. If he goes big, like he has been known to against Broncos, he’ll probably still lose a bit, but not too much.

Moral of the story for me, regarding Cleary, would be to hold him.

If you have a Harry Grant he might be the only gun I’d consider trading out due to his high Break Even, mixed with the option of Lussick.

Anyone still going for Hosking? I don’t mind it, but opted not to, with his benching.
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:35 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

You mean like an amount he’ll lose for every point scoring scenario? It’s impossible to say without knowing what he scores. Same scenario as any Fantasy game, though. If he scores low, he’ll lose a lot. If he goes big, like he has been known to against Broncos, he’ll probably still lose a bit, but not too much.

If you have a Harry Grant he might be the only gun I’d consider trading out due to his high Break Even, mixed with the option of Lussick.  

Anyone still going for Hosking? I don’t mind it, but opted not to, with his benching.

I am, similar thought to VSDT, he's an expensive cash cow and should be an easy move to almost anyone when he peaks (worst case) or there is an opening for him to get back into the starting team and becomes playable.

I've traded out grant. Can't play him on his bye round, scoring ok but so much better than lussik for the $ difference. I wouldn't trade out hynes or cleary as halfbacks seem horrible otherwise
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:37 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

This is the exact trade im considering this week. Grant out to Lussick, also has the bye in 2 weeks.

May coud make some good money and not a lot of great options in FRF this year, so likely my other trade in.

That means in the following weeks I can pick up Ponga, Hynes and some other CTR options.

Galvin probably a good trade in too along with Luke Brooks, could put him into starting HLF if you dont have brown. Mam looks to be a dud this year.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:48 am

Hannah2 wrote:Thanks for starting, Lukeayee. I'm in it too! I've been hanging out on the other thread because the SC one wasn't very active last year.
    Any advice?

Hi Hannah

Easy ballpark Formula is 75% current price + 25% * 3 game average * 10000

10000 is the Magic Number and will fluctuate a bit week to week (started the season at 10,206)

As price change only use the last 3 games, anything that has happened 4 weeks from now will be largely out of the way 4 weeks from now. 1 big score could change anything. Its a risky play to drop someone and hope to get them back in cheaper
    Hannah2
    Hannah2

Post by Hannah2 Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:00 pm

I started with Grant and Lussick, happy with Lussick but not sure I trust him yet as my main Hooker. I never trade Grant, he is my set and forget. I may have to re-think.

If I trade out Cleary, Luki and Salmon it allows me to. get Dearden, May and May. Purely a cash grab.
    I'd get Cleary back after Penrith bye
    I expect Cleary to do well against Bris, but his BE is 161. Dearden should be Ok against Dragons.

Talk me out of this!
    Hannah2
    Hannah2

Post by Hannah2 Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:13 pm

Hi Hannah

Easy ballpark Formula is 75% current price + 25% * 3 game average * 10000

10000 is the Magic Number and will fluctuate a bit week to week (started the season at 10,206)

As price change only use the last 3 games, anything that has happened 4 weeks from now will be largely out of the way 4 weeks from now. 1 big score could change anything. Its a risky play to drop someone and hope to get them back in cheaper
    Thanks, this is what I was looking for, but might be beyond my Maths ability, lol.

I know it is risky, that's why I doubting.
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:20 pm

Hannah2 wrote:I started with Grant and Lussick, happy with Lussick but not sure I trust him yet as my main Hooker. I never trade Grant, he is my set and forget. I may have to re-think.

If I trade out Cleary, Luki and Salmon it allows me to. get Dearden, May and May. Purely a cash grab.
    I'd get Cleary back after Penrith bye
    I expect Cleary to do well against Bris, but his BE is 161. Dearden should be Ok against Dragons.

Talk me out of this!

I have levi as the second HOK option, so ill be forced to start him in 2 weeks.

If you already have lussick, no reason to trade Grant. You pretty much have the perfect hooker combo for the season. Cash changes don't much matter.
    Hannah2
    Hannah2

Post by Hannah2 Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:31 pm

News that Haas is out. I might trade him instead of Cleary. No idea when he's back and I have Palasia, Hughes and Flegler (bye) as backups.
    Cleary stays.
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:34 pm

Hannah2 wrote:
    Thanks, this is what I was looking for, but might be beyond my Maths ability, lol.

I know it is risky, that's why I doubting.

Milchy may be able to confirm, but based on the formula I think this all can be simplified to

> For every 1 point scored below break-even, the price will drop $833 (or roughly $8k for every 10 points below Breakeven)

[The maths is based on assumption that the BE is what gets the same price. One point below break-even is penalised, but is only weighted 25% in the formula and then only weighted by a 3rd of the three week average element.  Giving a result that 1 point below break even will be worth 25% of 1/3 times the magic number of 10,000],
    Hannah2
    Hannah2

Post by Hannah2 Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:45 pm

Jumping Marlin wrote:

Milchy may be able to confirm, but based on the formula I think this all can be simplified to

> For every 1 point scored below break-even, the price will drop $833 (or roughly $8k for every 10 points below Breakeven)

[The maths is based on assumption that the BE is what gets the same price. One point below break-even is penalised, but is only weighted 25% in the formula and then only weighted by a 3rd of the three week average element.  Giving a result that 1 point below break even will be worth 25% of 1/3 times the magic number of 10,000],

Thanks so much, I can do this, it will help. Now Haas is out, I have other fires to put out, so think I'll keep Cleary.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:48 pm

3 trades this week. Funnily enough almost the exact same as my VSDT ones.

Levi to Lussick. Money maker + points + Grant cover

Luki to Curran. Will hold Wong another week since Luki is 100% out for a while. I feel Curran goes from strength to strength, even in the SC points scoring world.

Haas to AFB. Wanted to go gun for gun. Noone else tickled my fancy, and having another Warrior is a bonus 😎
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:22 am

StuDogg101 wrote:3 trades this week. Funnily enough almost the exact same as my VSDT ones.

Levi to Lussick. Money maker + points + Grant cover

Luki to Curran. Will hold Wong another week since Luki is 100% out for a while. I feel Curran goes from strength to strength, even in the SC points scoring world.

Haas to AFB. Wanted to go gun for gun. Noone else tickled my fancy, and having another Warrior is a bonus 😎

I'm loaded on warriors. Plenty of value this year, Berry, taupiki, RTS.

AFB and Drinkwater were the PODs that got me to finish in the top 20 last year. Was so good watching AFB play.

I've decided against trading Grant out, the magic number seems to be much lower than I expected. Grant could easily smash his BE this week. If I had the cash I would go Levi to lussick.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:33 pm

lukeayee wrote:

I'm loaded on warriors. Plenty of value this year, Berry, taupiki, RTS.

AFB and Drinkwater were the PODs that got me to finish in the top 20 last year. Was so good watching AFB play.

I've decided against trading Grant out, the magic number seems to be much lower than I expected. Grant could easily smash his BE this week. If I had the cash I would go Levi to lussick.

Yeah I got on AFB way too late last year. Definitely a great player to watch you're not wrong there.

Actually with all the injury carnage I'm contemplating chucking the C on him this week. I don't think I have the temerity to captain Holmes vs the Broncs. Or Latrell
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:32 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:

Yeah I got on AFB way too late last year. Definitely a great player to watch you're not wrong there.

Actually with all the injury carnage I'm contemplating chucking the C on him this week. I don't think I have the temerity to captain Holmes vs the Broncs. Or Latrell

perfect week for a latrell vc given the outs we have to deal with
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 pm

Clack Bocks wrote:

perfect week for a latrell vc given the outs we have to deal with

Im torn between Trell or Turbo.
    Hannah2
    Hannah2

Post by Hannah2 Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:11 pm

My trading plans are all thrown. I probably will trade out Cleary, I don't have Galvin, is he essential? He'll make money but I haven't really watch tigers play to know how good he is. I wanted to get Dom Young, and my 2RF is very weak! I might have a wine and think. I need to decide tonight! Anyone keeping Cleary?
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 pm

Hannah2 wrote:My trading plans are all thrown. I probably will trade out Cleary, I don't have Galvin, is he essential? He'll make money but I haven't really watch tigers play to know how good he is. I wanted to get Dom Young, and my 2RF is very weak! I might have a wine and think. I need to decide tonight! Anyone keeping Cleary?

Keeping Cleary

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:36 pm