NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Jele 2024

Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Jele 2024 - Page 2 Empty Re: Jele 2024

Post by Jele Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:23 am

Many thanks Ranta, appreciate the advice.

Just thinking through it, I worry that option 2 means I have 17 green dots exactly this round without any cover and I have to play all my spuds (Hughes, Salmon, Levi, Flanno, Strange, Burbo, Talagi). And then next week I'll still be in a tight place with 17 green dots (unless Chan suits up) and not much wriggle room to trade up to Brailey/Blore/Crichton (unless again I consider selling Cleary).

With option 1, I can do Cleary+Kini this week, and Sitili+Lussick next week and pick up KPP, Gutho, Brailey and Crichton/Blore. No real pathway to get Cleary unless one of my guns go down, but its probably a risk I'm willing to take if it means a significantly stronger 14-17.
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:56 pm

Round 5

Scored 620, down almost 20,000 places to 27,712 overall. Coupled with a loss in my H2H league, and losing my draft matchup despite having the second best score of the weekend, probably my worst fantasy result ever. Let’s just call this weekend “character building”.

Round 5 team was:

Cook (c)
    May (vc) Murray Sitili
    Salmon KPP
    Fogarty Hutchison
    Strange Kiraz
    Tedesco Papy Rapana

Lussick Levi Hughes Gutho
    Flanagan Galvin Chan Burbo

bank: $95k

Two trades this week were Cleary + Kini -> KPP + Gutherson

The Good
    - A couple of silver linings: captaining my highest scorer (of 55!), correctly choosing Salmon (34) and Strange (46) to loop over Burbo, holding onto Lussick, and of course Big Shughes

The Bad
    - I’m skipping bad and going straight to ugly

The Ugly
    - My WFBs combining for 52 points: last week I thought 89 points was bad.
    - Teddy: choosing Teddy over Ponga or Turbo two rounds ago could be the sliding doors moment of my season.
    - One score over 50 across my entire squad.
    - Roosters’ rotations: 23 from May in 20 minutes, and 13 from Sitili after shifting the centre

Conclusion
    Some part of fantasy is luck, and I feel like I’ve had my share of bad luck, with injuries to four guns (Haas, Moses, Cleary, Teddy) in successive weeks. Hopefully swings and roundabouts. I really want to nerf Sitili and Flanno this week if I can. While their green dots are in theory handy, I can’t trust them in my 17. While Gutho was underwhelming, he does mean I can stash Teddy if he’s only out for one week. Early trade-in possibilities include Angus, Blore, maybe Lucas (depending on Frizzell’s injury prognosis), and one of the cash cows that are likely to pop up (Jye Gray?). That "could" set me up for a tilt at Hynes or Cleary the following week...
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:54 pm

Round 6

Scored 853, which seems more or less par for the season. Up a few thousand ranks to 24,105 overall. Busy week so I didn’t have much time for fantasy and didn’t see any of the games.

Round 6 team was:

Lussick
    May (vc) Murray Hughes
    Angus KPP
    Hynes (c) Fogarty
    Strange Burbo
    Kiraz Papy Gutho

Salmon Levi Flanagan Hutchison
    Sitili Galvin Chan Teddy

bank: $31k

Two trades this week were Cook + Rapana -> Hynes + Angus

The Good
    - Angus came in and did a job. Hope it continues
    - Fog, May, KPP – most of my trade-ins have been strong
    - Strange, Salmon, Flanno, SHughes – cheapies still finding a way to make money

The Bad
    - Burbo, Hutch, Levi, Chan – on the other hand, some cheapies are stalling and/or injured, forcing my hand

The Ugly
    - Shitili – I had a choice between Rapana to Angus or Sitili to Iro. The first netted me more points, but probably lost me cash. And I wouldn’t have to look at Sitili in my team anymore.
    - Fallen guns – are good when you can pick them up, not when they are already in your team. Its been a tough season when Moses, Haas, Cleary, Teddy, Cook and now Murray have been the biggest problems, rather than the lock it in 60 average I bought them all for.

Conclusion
    Starting to right the ship, but it’s a been a slow process. Cook getting dropped was a real kick in the guts this week (for him and me). Hoping Teddy is back, along with Galvin, which will give the squad a stronger feel. Will need to punt Sitili asap (although I guess he will be out this week), with Iro (depending on JS) probably highest on the list prior to TLT.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:57 pm

Burbo, Levi, Hutcho, Sitili all sells. Sell 3 of the 4.

Chester Waddell are good options and maybe Iro but with risky job security
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:27 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Burbo, Levi, Hutcho, Sitili all sells. Sell 3 of the 4.

Chester Waddell are good options and maybe Iro but with risky job security

Thanks Rabs, looking at Burbo, Sitili and maybe Hutch out. Re trade-ins, I'm currently ranking them as Iro, Waddell, Foran and then Chester.
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:34 pm

Time to move on some shittos and replace them with some other shittos

Sitili -> Waddell and Burbo -> Iro pretty much locked in. I need at least one non-Bulldog middle for next week, and I think I'd rather get the cheaper CTR.

Considering a third trade Hutch -> Foran. With four Dogs in the squad, moving at least one of them along this week makes sense.

Leaves me with only one red dot (Murray on the bye), but my mids are looking pretty putrid. Might have a look this week for a bye-friendly, non-Origin upgrade.

Lussick
    May (vc) Waddell Hughes
    Angus KPP
    Hynes (c) Fogarty
    Strange Kiraz
    Teddy Papy Gutho

Salmon Galvin Foran Murray
    Flanagan Levi Chan Iro
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:20 pm

Those trades will at least get the cash moving. I know what you mean about shitto to shitto though lol I just can't do the Foran trade. Shit team and shit fantasy pedigree that one week can't overcome in my brain. No doubt he'll kick the piss out of the ball again though and you'll be onto a winner.. just not for me 😂
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:47 am

Round 7

Scored 758, which seems more or less par. Up a couple of thousand spots to 22,278 overall, which is a hell of a lot better than it was looking at one stage.

Round 7 team was:

Lussick
    May (vc) Waddell Hughes
    Angus KPP
    Hynes (c) Fogarty
    Strange Kiraz
    Teddy Papy Gutho

Salmon Iro Galvin Hutchison
    Murray Flanagan Chan Levi

bank: $4k

Two trades this week were Sitili + Burbo -> Waddell + Iro

The Good
    - Captain Nicho
    - Sunday – lots of Bulldogs, Knights and Sharks on show, and for once the late games didn’t let me down
    - Strange, Salmon, SHughes, Galvin – cheapies becoming regular (and somewhat reliable) parts of my 17 each week (can't say the same for Hutch, Flanno, Levi or Lussick).

The Bad
    - Teddy – After averaging 63 the first three rounds when not in my team, he’s managed to 24 (plus a missing match) since I traded him. Can’t help but feel he’ll be in my team all year, for better or for worse.

The Ugly
    - More injuries forcing my hand. Fog is a definite out and let’s see with Gutho. So far, I’ve traded out Haas, Piakura, Moses, Cleary, Burbo and Rapana for injury, and Cotric, Wong, Kini, and Cook because they got dropped. Sitili probably fits both categories but mainly because he turned out to be crap.

Conclusion
    Looks like I’ll need to make another 2/3 trades this week. Four Bulldogs on the bye, plus Fog and possibly Gutho out this week. Early thoughts are a combo of Fog, Lussick, Gutho, Hutchison or Flanagan for Cleary or Hass, plus a couple of makeweights (maybe Brailey and Gray?). Might as well keep pushing, nothing to lose at this point. I might even start doing a bit of early bye planning to try and make up some ground.
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:20 am

Time to move on Fogarty (ideally for Cleary) but need some cash to do so. Plus with four Bulldogs, my bench is looking pretty light.

If Fog -> Cleary is locked in as one trade, for the other two trades, thinking either:

A. Flanagan -> Piakura + Hutchison -> Laban (or one of the other cheapies), with $100k ITB, or

B. Lussick -> Brailey + Hutchison -> Laban (or one of the other cheapies), with $88k ITB.

So basically Flanno -> Piakura or Lussick -> Brailey.

Leaning towards A. Feels pretty good to ditch Hutch and Flanno, although it does mean keeping Lussick for one more week. Team would be:

Lussick
    May (vc) Waddell Murray
    Angus KPP
    Hynes (c) Fogarty
    Strange Iro
    Teddy Papy Gutho

Piakura Galvin Laban Levi
    Chan Kiraz Hughes Salmon
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:17 am

I like the Flanno to Piakura trade. Holding Lussick isn't ideal obviously but can't have everything. Just gotta hope he/the Eels have a more positive game
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:00 pm

Thanks StuDogg. The cheapie has now got me stumped. Skipped on Laban so now leaning slightly towards Armstrong, but not loving any of the options.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:40 pm

100% a crapshoot. My take is anyone but Weekes, so Armstrong seems as good an option as any
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:25 am

Round 8

Scored 938, which seems slightly over par according to YAFSS. Up 5,000 spots to 17,036 overall. Good to see most of the forum generally moving in the right direction as well.

Round 8 team was:

Lussick
    May (vc) Waddell Murray
    Angus KPP
    Hynes (c) Cleary
    Strange Iro
    Teddy Papy Gutho

Piakura Galvin Chan Atkinson
    Levi Kiraz Hughes Salmon

bank: $91k

Three trades this week were Fogarty + Hutchison + Flanagan -> Cleary + Piakura + Atkinson

The Good
    - Captain Nicho again. As a NSW fan, hope that Madge doesn’t over-think things and just picks him alongside Cleary. Bad for my fantasy team of course.
    - Sunday – same as last week, my Knights and Sharks saw me gain around 10,000 spots.
    - Angus – looking like the fantasy gun of old (manage to snap him up in draft a couple of weeks ago too).

The Bad
    - Lussick – frustrating performance as has been the case the last few weeks. On a bye this week, so will need to consider if I trade and hold him for looping. Still not as bad as…

The Ugly
    - May and Levi – both horrible this week for different reasons. May is just getting Robbo'd, whereas Levi is goddamn awful. Lesson for next year is not to pick players I don't like. I’m tempted to hold May but Robbo’s rotations seem to moving away from him. It’s hard to see a reason to hold Levi (I suspect Ricky might feel the same way)

Conclusion
    Slowly but surely righting the ship. More trades required this week, but feels like everyone is in the same boat. Lussick and Gutho on the bye, but Kiraz, Hughes and Salmon to come back (if named). Early thoughts are Levi -> Brailey and Lussick or May -> a cheapie like Armstrong. Will leave me short mid and hooker coverage, but might be able to wing it for a round or two. I can see the Plath attraction, but someone like Butcher or Matterson (after the bye) look good if they hold down starting 2rf spots.
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Yesterday at 4:26 am

Decisions, decisions, decisions. $41k in the bank.

Levi has to go, so with Lussick on the bye, I need a new hooker. It’s a bit of a wasteland. Of the better hookers, JMK is the only that appeals (while also playing round 13), but I think going for value with J.Brailey makes sense. That’’ll cost me $122k, so need to make another $81k to make the trade work.

Next up is Gutho. I would have been tempted to keep him over the bye but his injury news means a forced trade. I got Atkinson last week, so could play him at WFB , or pick up Armstrong or Weekes this week, and bank around $260k. With Canberra’s bye coming up, I think I’m prepared to wait and have another look at Weekes and grab Armstong for now.

The question I’m wrestling with is whether its worth a third trade – either May or Lussick out. Lussick iwon’t lose money this week and I can use him as a looper. I’m also somewhat tempted to hold May. Who knows with Robbo, but MID’s another wasteland and he’s shown already he doesn’t need many minutes to go large.  

If I trade out May, I’d want another MID. With $858k in the bank, I’d pretty much have my pick except for Yeo and Haas. Trying to find a bye-friendly, non-Origin option is trickier than it should be. Which is why I can see the appeal of Plath. Its about time for Tapine to come good, but the Raiders bye makes him another wait and see.

If I trade out Lussick, I’ll probably also want a HOK which means JMK. Or go with the next best trade-in option, which for me seems like Bateman.

Using an extra trade always looks good in the moment, but trading out a green dot can backfire too. Three trades would leave me with 19 left for now Shocked

After Levi + Gutho -> Brailey + Armstrong, the team would look like this:

Brailey
    May Waddell Murray
    Angus KPP
    Hynes (c) Cleary (vc)
    Kiraz Iro
    Teddy Papy Armstrong

Piakura Galvin Salmon Lussick
    Atkinson Hughes Chan Strange

TLDR, is it worth a third trade of May or Lussick -> Plath, Bateman or JMK?
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Yesterday at 3:08 pm

I would make that third trade in a heartbeat. I'd lean May to Plath, but nothing wrong at all with the other two trade in options. Lussick can tread water for a week

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:17 am