NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 10 - Not enough Raiders

The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 10 - Not enough Raiders - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 10 - Not enough Raiders

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:39 am

WT Winfield wrote:

I'm at 6 MIDs, but no gun, so if you're at 7 then it might be overkill.

Wong seems like a hold. Sitili and Piakura annoying with the stalled cash gen. Piakura pretty safe JS and hard to replace without spending up, so probably have to play it like Ford last year with the Rd 2 HIA and standown. If Sitili's out, I'll probably punt him for May, but hold if he's right. Ended up skipping Hopgood to take a big enough bank to upgrade anyone to May or whoever shinier shows up next week.

Suli was pretty much the cheapest CTR I could find with JS and averaged over 30 in the past Laughing

I have got six I can play at MID although one may end up being a red dot

three guns - harris mcinness hopgood
    two mid-rangers - b.smith tupounuia
    one sub cashie - i might try to find the additional 15k to upgrade him to shoes [but also maybe not]
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 10 - Not enough Raiders - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 10 - Not enough Raiders

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:41 am

lukeayee wrote:

You are missing my point. I highlighted three other groups who could be potentially pissed off with a slight modification in language. Yet I'd hazard a guess no men currently with soft cocks were offended, and neither were men in skirts.

Women who tackle hard, know they can tackle hard. Men who tackle hard know they can tackle hard.

Charterising women for being femine is not sexist, nor is charaterising men with more feminine attributes.

Was it rabbits intention to belittle women? I doubt it.

You have the choice to be offended or be confident in the fact you are a better person.

I didn't make the comment, and I also didn't highlight its potential offensive nature. I think everyone should just harden the F up.

fuccking hell man.

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 10 - Not enough Raiders - Page 7 73e020f56c4a86221823bc32113b4316d2-25-ben-affleck-sad-smoke.2x.w710
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:47 am

Was pretty happy going without Levi then he plays the whole half, comes back out and scores a try. Still 31pts with what... 14pt try? and -10 in demerits I'm not too upset
    Daedalus
    Daedalus

Post by Daedalus Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:47 am

Snatchpato wrote:McInnes, (C)leary, and Papy playing tonight. Not many players but guns all round. Here's hoping they perform as expected!

Anyone got any PODs I can life-ride with you tonight? May, RTS, Tuaupiki, Tohu?

I know plenty will have Grant and Chan (probably EMG).

Currently have Montoya in my back 3 as a POD
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:02 am

lukeayee wrote:

You are missing my point. I highlighted three other groups who could be potentially pissed off with a slight modification in language. Yet I'd hazard a guess no men currently with soft cocks were offended, and neither were men in skirts.

Women who tackle hard, know they can tackle hard. Men who tackle hard know they can tackle hard.

Charterising women for being femine is not sexist, nor is charaterising men with more feminine attributes.

You have the choice to be offended or be confident in the fact you are a better person.

I didn't make the comment, and I also didn't highlight its potential offensive nature. I think everyone should just harden the F up.

I mean I guess you can choose to be obtuse if that makes you happy.
    But I think you know that it perpetuates a stereotype that is both demeaning and completely unnecesary.

I also think you know that intention seldom weakens harm - there's a pretty topical case this week where the perpetrator has said it wasn't their intention for example...

Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:03 am

Daedalus wrote:

Love it, adding him to the list!
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:05 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

I note that three-time premiership winning  Clive Churchill medallist Dylan Edwards is playing NRL today.

Yeah. I got that one wrong....6 years ago. Is that all you've got?

You've never been wrong though. Rolling Eyes

See how we go this time. Enjoy Smithies, when you can finally fit him in.
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:07 am

my tv broke wrote:Finally getting to a point where there isn't much tinkering left available.

Main question is still whether to Kini at WFB3 and if Luki stays or becomes someone in that ballpark range. Can only assume Salmon will start at 13 as named.

220k in the bank to flip around, but i did want to keep a little on hand.

Alternatives to Kini are Tuaupiki and Niu. Both cost a bit more and have their own problems.

If i stick with Kini, I could actually spend all my bank and get McInnes or equivalent price range.. which is mighty tempting but could hurt in a week or two

I find myself balancing having $48k bank and a young healthy offloading Hopgood, or $149k and an old war horse in Tohu - who will be absolutely fine until he's not...

$48k bank seems not that useful, short of replacing like for like
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:08 am

When there are similar options surely it's better going off Tohu one year early rather than one year late
    BroncosSabres
    BroncosSabres

Post by BroncosSabres Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:09 am

Daedalus wrote:

I’m running AFB as a gun middle. No origin, good byes - was a set and forget choice for me.
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:09 am

lukeayee wrote:

Please use 'Rabbits 21' when referencing him. I get in enough shit around here Very Happy
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:11 am

Snatchpato wrote:
    Love it, adding him to the list!

If I didn't have super-Cam in Draft, I wouldn't have anyone to watch in the Warriors-Sharks game.

Figured out I am missing players from 6 teams; Rabbitohs, Knights, Sharks, Warriors, Dragons, Cowboys (I currently have Mikaele, but he isn't playing.... or is he?....)
    Goodnight Kiwi
    Goodnight Kiwi

Post by Goodnight Kiwi Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:14 am

Those in the same position, you playing Levi’s 31 or giving Chan on debut a run at starting 2RF against the Panthers?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:16 am

lukeayee wrote:

What is your end goal here?

Are you that keen on being able to use "girl" as an insult?
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:16 am

i want to for a quick minute... do a reality check about McInnes

how many minutes are we expecting with a four MID bench?

if you take out the big minutes games, 60+ when he played at LOCK last season, he priced just above his average - are we expecting more than 60 minutes on a regular basis?
    BroncosSabres
    BroncosSabres

Post by BroncosSabres Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:17 am

I was at music bingo last night, my phone died with about 15 to go so missed the end of the game.

Won two free schooners and a jug of beer at the end of the night which was great fun apart from the fact that I wasn’t counting on free beer when I drank the earlier schooners. Now I’m dealing with a hangover as I check my team. Half day of work today at least.

22 and 35 from Cotric and KP in my back three is a bit of a disappointment, but KP will have ups and downs and wasn’t expecting loads from Cotric. Solid from Levi without being amazing. Strange in my NPR is a win. Go Smithies 🙌.
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:17 am

easytiger wrote:

I mean I guess you can choose to be obtuse if that makes you happy.
    But I think you know that it perpetuates a stereotype that is both demeaning and completely unnecesary.

I also think you know that intention seldom weakens harm - there's a pretty topical case this week where the perpetrator has said it wasn't their intention for example...

His choice of language could be better. But intention matters in my opinion.

Rabbits21 - Consider for a minute that he doesn't have the same eloquence the other linguists here. Yet no concession is made for this fact (As far as I can tell).

All your posts has done, is made rabbits21 look like a sexist moron, which is probably not the case. Rabbits like many of us are guilty of sometimes speaking quickly with no ill intent  we all make mistakes from time to time (Sam kerr?!), some more freuqnet than others. You don't need to protect a group of people who don't need protecting. I'm sure those ladies are tough as nails. As are the other female aspiring league players.

Last edited by lukeayee on Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:18 am; edited 2 times in total
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:17 am

Goodnight Kiwi wrote:Those in the same position, you playing Levi’s 31 or giving Chan on debut a run at starting 2RF against the Panthers?

I think you've got to go with the starting 2RF. What's worse case?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:18 am

Goodnight Kiwi wrote:Those in the same position, you playing Levi’s 31 or giving Chan on debut a run at starting 2RF against the Panthers?

Chan needs a try to get over 30 in Cup. May not play 80 with Lewis on the bench (or Blore or Bradley sitting in the 19).
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:18 am

easytiger wrote:

Well that's an interesting way to mark international women's day.

Maybe next time before you use "girls" as some sort of negative floor for performance, you think about what would happen if you tried to run around Georgia Hale in a game, or maybe tried to tackle Mele Hufanga, Millie Boyle or Isabelle Kelly just as a few examples.

Rabbits21 would destroy them cause he's the enforcer of the pack it wouldn't be pretty.

Current date/time is Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:07 pm