NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL 2017

Welshy
    Welshy

NFL 2017 - Page 21 Empty Re: NFL 2017

Post by Welshy Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:50 pm

Also with my other keepers being

Bell (R1) Beckham (R2) and probably A-Rob (R3) Classing Zeke as my "4th rounder" seems like decent business
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:33 pm

@ryno_

decent news for your lot with Perryman going down for the first few weeks of the season!!
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:08 am

Welshy wrote:@ryno_

decent news for your lot with Perryman going down for the first few weeks of the season!!

Fingers crossed (as bad as it is to say) he's out for the first 7 and we'll have played you twice by then.

Our DLine is getting smashed. We wont stand a chance this season unless we can fix that - Wolfe, Winn and Crick, all injured. Our 2 starting DEs and our 4-3 DT. Urgh. Plus Peko and Ray.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:00 am

ryno_ wrote:

Fingers crossed (as bad as it is to say) he's out for the first 7 and we'll have played you twice by then.

Our DLine is getting smashed. We wont stand a chance this season unless we can fix that - Wolfe, Winn and Crick, all injured. Our 2 starting DEs and our 4-3 DT. Urgh. Plus Peko and Ray.

2 months + it looks like now, ankle surgery! Fucking gutted

How did you feel your draft went in the keeper league guys?
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:25 am

Welshy wrote:

2 months + it looks like now, ankle surgery! Fucking gutted

How did you feel your draft went in the keeper league guys?

Really well. Wanted Sanders in the third but he went 1 pick before me - happy with KA. Happy to get a top TE in the 4th. Fitzgerald and DeSean should give me either high floor consistency or high ceiling gambles week-to-week as required. Kareem and Williams to handcuff Ware and McCoy. Marlon Mack to keep all year and roll out next season when he's the new Jordan Howard. Ben R in what may be his farewell tour touchdown spectacular. Prater's right leg.

Only thing I wasn't stoked on was the D/ST but I'll settle for Cardinals. At least they get to beat up on LAR/SF twice a year each.

How'd you think you went?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:40 am

ryno_ wrote:

Really well. Wanted Sanders in the third but he went 1 pick before me - happy with KA. Happy to get a top TE in the 4th. Fitzgerald and DeSean should give me either high floor consistency or high ceiling gambles week-to-week as required. Kareem and Williams to handcuff Ware and McCoy. Marlon Mack to keep all year and roll out next season when he's the new Jordan Howard. Ben R in what may be his farewell tour touchdown spectacular. Prater's right leg.

Only thing I wasn't stoked on was the D/ST but I'll settle for Cardinals. At least they get to beat up on LAR/SF twice a year each.

How'd you think you went?

Really happy, obviously I wanted KA13 but the likelyhood of me grabbing him was slim in the 5th

same type of draft theory as you, grabbed Coleman who i thought was BPA and flex him hoping for some 15+ point games when Zeke returns, Crowder as that solid consistent option who Im expecting to lift again this year and go 1000 9/10 TDs. Really happy I grabbed Cousins, and think Dalton with Green back, Mixon and Ross will be solid as. Jamal Williams for mid season RB1 and futures, kid is a beast. Bennett and Brate to play on match ups and backing Dion Lewis to outplay Gillislee on his return from injury, Wallace as someone to im hoping can better his 4 TD total and Maclin should help him
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:07 am

Welshy wrote:

Really happy, obviously I wanted KA13 but the likelyhood of me grabbing him was slim in the 5th

same type of draft theory as you, grabbed Coleman who i thought was BPA and flex him hoping for some 15+ point games when Zeke returns, Crowder as that solid consistent option who Im expecting to lift again this year and go 1000 9/10 TDs. Really happy I grabbed Cousins, and think Dalton with Green back, Mixon and Ross will be solid as. Jamal Williams for mid season RB1 and futures, kid is a beast. Bennett and Brate to play on match ups and backing Dion Lewis to outplay Gillislee on his return from injury, Wallace as someone to im hoping can better his 4 TD total and Maclin should help him

Was going to go for Bennett but figured with Olsen I'd never use him, he's a good pickup. Was also looking at Cousins but decided to avoid him (and Eli + Dak). Lots of iffy matchups... Denver, Oakland, Chiefs, Seattle, Rams, Cardinals, Giants x2.

Im not sure Lewis will beat out Gillisle, was hoping to get Gill at some point. He looked the real deal last year.

Williams is a good pickup aswell, Ty Montgomery will need serious spelling at some point. His frame is tiny compared to the amount of snaps he's project to play.

Synesters team looks ridiculous. Again. Hench is pretty strong across the board. Yourself and Hammer aswell.

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:22 am

ryno_ wrote:

Was going to go for Bennett but figured with Olsen I'd never use him, he's a good pickup. Was also looking at Cousins but decided to avoid him (and Eli + Dak). Lots of iffy matchups... Denver, Oakland, Chiefs, Seattle, Rams, Cardinals, Giants x2.

Im not sure Lewis will beat out Gillisle, was hoping to get Gill at some point. He looked the real deal last year.

Williams is a good pickup aswell, Ty Montgomery will need serious spelling at some point. His frame is tiny compared to the amount of snaps he's project to play.

Synesters team looks ridiculous. Again. Hench is pretty strong across the board. Yourself and Hammer aswell.

That's why I picked up Dalton he is so good in the regular season and with the Mixon addition and a healthy Green, I might run him over Cousins. matchup dependant.

I'm praying Zekes gets reduced or it gets pushed back like you mentioned, other wise I will hope to go 3/3 from his games out

I think people are sleeping on Lewis, before his injury he was the feature back in NE over Blount, 3 down ability, him and Gillislee will split I reckon, well I hope, I'm happy with the guys I got for depth and think I'm up in the upper tier with yourself, Dance, Hammer with SV taking top spot pre season, Hench doesn't have the depth I dont think
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:48 am

Welshy wrote:

That's why I picked up Dalton he is so good in the regular season and with the Mixon addition and a healthy Green, I might run him over Cousins. matchup dependant.

I'm praying Zekes gets reduced or it gets pushed back like you mentioned, other wise I will hope to go 3/3 from his games out

I think people are sleeping on Lewis, before his injury he was the feature back in NE over Blount, 3 down ability, him and Gillislee will split I reckon, well I hope, I'm happy with the guys I got for depth and think I'm up in the upper tier with yourself, Dance, Hammer with SV taking top spot pre season, Hench doesn't have the depth I dont think

Outside RB2, Hench has enough depth. And he's got probably a spare TE or D to throw at the waiver wire for a smart pickup. Also, looking at it, if DL can pick the right WRs to play week-to-week he's going to do well - same for Flint.

There seems to be more viable WRs then normal. That ridiculous 2014 class coming through. The QB class is going to thin right out when the 2004 class of Ben R, Eli and Rivers retires.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:42 am

haha thanks for the appraisal guys, as you might've guessed i'm pretty happy with how things went,

I think my weakness is a lot of uncertainty in my RB's not named DJ: Blount hasn't exactly shined... I picked up Kelley based on reports of Perine really struggling through pre-season, but i learned that while we were drafting, Perine was better and Kelley was pretty meh... AP is unreal to have as a back-up but his role is yet to really be defined with Ingram still the RB1 in NOLA... Rawls could be great as an RB5 if he keeps the starting job, but he's got a lot of competition breathing down his neck

I love my WR's though, Maclin will be great with a QB that actually throws the ball to wide receivers, Cutler seems absolutely smitten with DeVante and he's flashed big-play ability in the past and Tyrell is a fantastic RB5, picked up Zay Jones on a whim, there's been some steady hype building, but he's surplus to needs and will be the first one dropped if i want to grab some-one else.

other than that,happy to get Eifert, my projections seemed to be that not going TE in R4 would see me miss out on a solid one, though i was a bit miffed to see Graham go a couple picks before me, and jumped at the Ravens when they were still on the board with my last pick, there might be a bit of homer peeking though, but between that imposing front line and all-star safety duo are some very handy corners and that unit will be in for a big year IF they can stay away from IR (considering our fortunes so far, that is a very big if)
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:02 am

surmo13 wrote:haha thanks for the appraisal guys, as you might've guessed i'm pretty happy with how things went,

I think my weakness is a lot of uncertainty in my RB's not named DJ: Blount hasn't exactly shined... I picked up Kelley based on reports of Perine really struggling through pre-season, but i learned that while we were drafting, Perine was better and Kelley was pretty meh... AP is unreal to have as a back-up but his role is yet to really be defined with Ingram still the RB1 in NOLA... Rawls could be great as an RB5 if he keeps the starting job, but he's got a lot of competition breathing down his neck

I love my WR's though, Maclin will be great with a QB that actually throws the ball to wide receivers, Cutler seems absolutely smitten with DeVante and he's flashed big-play ability in the past and Tyrell is a fantastic RB5, picked up Zay Jones on a whim, there's been some steady hype building, but he's surplus to needs and will be the first one dropped if i want to grab some-one else.

other than that,happy to get Eifert, my projections seemed to be that not going TE in R4 would see me miss out on a solid one, though i was a bit miffed to see Graham go a couple picks before me, and jumped at the Ravens when they were still on the board with my last pick, there might be a bit of homer peeking though, but between that imposing front line and all-star safety duo are some very handy corners and that unit will be in for a big year IF they can stay away from IR (considering our fortunes so far, that is a very big if)

Given I had pick 17 & 19 either side of you at 18, I was pretty happy you decided to wait on a TE. I didnt think Id get a decent one past the 4th either.

Good thing I picked up KA early - if I didn't I was going to go Tyrell the pick before you got him. Over committing to LAC scared me off. He's a great pick.

ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:11 pm

Looks like Denver have sorted their QB battle out, so the most interesting QB competition is now in Chicago. Tribusky played well against the 2s and Glennon has been terrible against 1s - although he isnt the first to struggle through the air against Denver and Arizona... but Tribusky can't be any worse, surely. And he cost them a kings ransom to get.

I guess the Browns competition is kinda interesting but who really cares who leads CLE to another top 5 pick?

Post by Guest Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:06 pm

huh... Jones may not be as expendable as i first thought, Boldin announced his retirement today, very under-appreciated career, will always have a soft spot for him after he was right alongside Flacco as one of the MVP's of our superbowl run a few years back.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:05 am

surmo13 wrote:huh... Jones may not be as expendable as i first thought, Boldin announced his retirement today, very under-appreciated career, will always have a soft spot for him after he was right alongside Flacco as one of the MVP's of our superbowl run a few years back.

Seen a few calls for him to make Canton... Im not sold. Its the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Good.

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:19 pm

First Zeke and now potentially Beckham being injured, not the start I had in mind for my fantasy season

Post by Guest Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:53 pm

Welshy wrote:First Zeke and now potentially Beckham being injured, not the start I had in mind for my fantasy season

along with the Bell hold-out continuing,and Bortles continuing to struggle to get back on the same page as A-Rob, you're having a pretty rough pre-season, with the caliber of those players though no doubt things will pick up once the season hits
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:33 pm

surmo13 wrote:

along with the Bell hold-out continuing,and Bortles continuing to struggle to get back on the same page as A-Rob, you're having a pretty rough pre-season, with the caliber of those players though no doubt things will pick up once the season hits

Yup not the best start mate, luckily as you say the first 3 are bonafide fantasy superstars so no worrying about their productive as and when they return!

Apparently OBJ cleared of any breaks so just potential sprain, although high ankle sprains can be a bastard for WRs
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:37 pm

@ryno_

Happy with Siemien winning the QB battle? Lynch a wasted picked?

Post by Guest Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:45 pm

Welshy wrote:

Yup not the best start mate, luckily as you say the first 3 are bonafide fantasy superstars so no worrying about their productive as and when they return!

Apparently OBJ cleared of any breaks so just potential sprain, although high ankle sprains can be a bastard for WRs

i'm not usually on board with the "OBJ is a drama queen" shit, but that whole situation was kinda bizarre, in the immediate aftermath you'd have thought his leg needed to be amputated with the way he carried on and collapsed in the tunnel, then he comes out after the game and goes 'just a sprain, nbd'
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:46 pm

surmo13 wrote:

i'm not usually on board with the "OBJ is a drama queen" shit, but that whole situation was kinda bizarre, in the immediate aftermath you'd have thought his leg needed to be amputated with the way he carried on and collapsed in the tunnel, then he comes out after the game and goes 'just a sprain, nbd'

Maybe trying to milk the hit because nothing got called and save some face, bit odd I'm just glad he is cleared of anything serious for selfish fantasy reasons

excited for the season mate? how is Flacco going?

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:14 am