NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL 2017

ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

NFL 2017 - Page 19 Empty Re: NFL 2017

Post by ryno_ Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:01 pm

Welshy wrote:

Not surprising given the size and power of some of them and with almost zero safety features, still dumb in the offseason right before camp for a rook who had a few question marks over his head game.

Hadn't seen the Ray news could affect without Ware to start the season! Seen both QBs stunk it up also but can expect that with such a ferocious defence, looks like that D is too good and stifling Sielmen and Lynch instead of bettering them.

Rhodes is quality but has a top quality front 7 who out a lot of pressure on the QB which also helps on top on HS.

I can't wait to see a full off-season and season of Bosa/Ingram and a healthy Verrett with Hayward. If we stay injury free we are taking back the West

Yeah, I think the quote from CHJ was "we want to make the offence feel like theyve been taken out to sea and drowned". Best defence in the league training against 3 (basically) rookie QBs. Good luck fellas.

Having said that, last time we had McCoy as our O-Coordinator we were the best offence in football and only missed the Superbowl (we would have flogged Pats the week after - they're Peyton's bunnies) because fucking Rahim "the fucking Dream" fucking Moore forgot how to play and let a scrub WR run a 70yd TD in. Useless prick. But Im not bitter at all.

If McCoy can win the division and a playoff game with Tebow's custard arm, im confident he can get the best out of Trev.

Bosa and that other bloke at DE (Luigo?) are the ones on D I worry about. Ingram can be game planned out of it through assignments but the other 2 are legit in tandem. Could rival Houston for the best DE front. If Gordon can crack 4.5ypa this season, LAC will be a genuine contender.

Such a good division though. Its pretty conceivable to be a top 12 team in the league and end up 9-7.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:08 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Yeah, I think the quote from CHJ was "we want to make the offence feel like theyve been taken out to sea and drowned". Best defence in the league training against 3 (basically) rookie QBs. Good luck fellas.

Having said that, last time we had McCoy as our O-Coordinator we were the best offence in football and only missed the Superbowl (we would have flogged Pats the week after - they're Peyton's bunnies) because fucking Rahim "the fucking Dream" fucking Moore forgot how to play and let a scrub WR run a 70yd TD in. Useless prick. But Im not bitter at all.

If McCoy can win the division and a playoff game with Tebow's custard arm, im confident he can get the best out of Trev.

Bosa and that other bloke at DE (Luigo?) are the ones on D I worry about. Ingram can be game planned out of it through assignments but the other 2 are legit in tandem. Could rival Houston for the best DE front. If Gordon can crack 4.5ypa this season, LAC will be a genuine contender.

Such a good division though. Its pretty conceivable to be a top 12 team in the league and end up 9-7.
    Luiget, talk about custard! Was looking a monster in his early years but really tailed off since his big contract bump, more suited to the inside where he will be with Mebane now in our new 4-3 with Gus which I'm really excited about, AFC west should be more worried about Brown and Perryman because I'm expecting our front 4 to dominate and those 2 are going to wreak havoc just behind, Brown ultra athletic, a bit like Trevathan was! His coverage is up there as well being a converted safety, I'm just really excited for this year but 2/3 games in a big injury bug will hit and we will lose close games because we are too soft! I'm hoping Lynn changes that but will take longer than a year plus we have the hardest division in football as you well know
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:16 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Luiget, talk about custard! Was looking a monster in his early years but really tailed off since his big contract bump, more suited to the inside where he will be with Mebane now in our new 4-3 with Gus which I'm really excited about, AFC west should be more worried about Brown and Perryman because I'm expecting our front 4 to dominate and those 2 are going to wreak havoc just behind, Brown ultra athletic, a bit like Trevathan was! His coverage is up there as well being a converted safety, I'm just really excited for this year but 2/3 games in a big injury bug will hit and we will lose close games because we are too soft! I'm hoping Lynn changes that but will take longer than a year plus we have the hardest division in football as you well know

When did Luiget turn poo? I only ever remember thinking he was a bit of a monster but got double teamed out of a few games.

Bradley is a good pickup for D-coodinator but hes great at recruiting a building a good defense, not coming in and winning off the bat. If Bradley has handpicked that King guy to replace Verrett's knee, you can bet he'll develop into a monster.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:22 pm

Jesus. H. Christ. can the Ravens please just call off training camp before we have no players left at all? Crockett Gilmore and Nico Siragusa are the latest players to be lost to us for the season.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:36 pm

surmo13 wrote:Jesus. H. Christ. can the Ravens please just call off training camp before we have no players left at all? Crockett Gilmore and Nico Siragusa are the latest players to be lost to us for the season.

Must be something in the water. Surely.

Have you gotten an entirely new conditioning team or something?

Post by Guest Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:48 am

ryno_ wrote:

we made some changes in strength & conditioning personnel in the offseason, specifically to address the amount of injuries we've been getting in past seasons, i think the current lead coach should think about depositing his paychecks directly into his savings account, probably won't be getting them for much longer
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:32 am

Its starting to feel like you're just stacking the deck to win the "Comeback Player of the Year" award next Feb.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:18 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Paragraph in the Ravens latest daily round-up article:

With a new season-ending injury happening almost every day since camp opened (and even before), fans on social media and radio call-in shows have repeatedly asked about the Ravens’ training program and if it should be tweaked.

“The Ravens revamped their training program over the last two offseasons in response to having a combined 39 players on injured reserve in 2014 and 2015,” wrote WNST’s Luke Jones. “They’re not turning a blind eye to this.”

In February, the Ravens hired Steve Saunders to be the team’s director of performance, and Ryan Mink outlined all the changes he’s implemented. Honestly, I’ve never heard players rave so much about a trainer.

Eric Weddle, Joe Flacco, Lardarius Webb were among the early believers in the program. And for the first time in Terrell Suggs’ 15-year career, he stayed in Baltimore to train during the offseason, all because of Saunders.

“He’s been the best thing for me,” Suggs said. “In Year 15, Steve Saunders is the best thing to happen to me. I’m glad he was here. I was hearing about the things they were doing during the season while they were playing and I was like, ‘You know what? After I have surgery on my arm, I’m going to give it a shot.’

“From Day One, he beat the [expletive] out me. I’m not going to lie to you. He had to make sure I wasn’t on my way to the airport flying back to Arizona. He called me and was like, ‘Sizz, just give it a chance. It’s going to get better.’ And I said, ‘No, I’m still here, coach.’ Working out with Steve and the rest of the guys was really good. I’m glad I did it.”

So, what’s up with all the injuries then?

Follow
    Jeff Zrebiec ✔ @jeffzrebiecsun
    Replying to @grassman225
    They run long practices. That's only thing I got. Lot of these are freaky. Guys like Canady, Gillmore, Young, Flacco are in great shape.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:15 pm

surmo13 wrote:

Paragraph in the Ravens latest daily round-up article:

With a new season-ending injury happening almost every day since camp opened (and even before), fans on social media and radio call-in shows have repeatedly asked about the Ravens’ training program and if it should be tweaked.

“The Ravens revamped their training program over the last two offseasons in response to having a combined 39 players on injured reserve in 2014 and 2015,” wrote WNST’s Luke Jones. “They’re not turning a blind eye to this.”

In February, the Ravens hired Steve Saunders to be the team’s director of performance, and Ryan Mink outlined all the changes he’s implemented. Honestly, I’ve never heard players rave so much about a trainer.

Eric Weddle, Joe Flacco, Lardarius Webb were among the early believers in the program. And for the first time in Terrell Suggs’ 15-year career, he stayed in Baltimore to train during the offseason, all because of Saunders.

“He’s been the best thing for me,” Suggs said. “In Year 15, Steve Saunders is the best thing to happen to me. I’m glad he was here. I was hearing about the things they were doing during the season while they were playing and I was like, ‘You know what? After I have surgery on my arm, I’m going to give it a shot.’

“From Day One, he beat the [expletive] out me. I’m not going to lie to you. He had to make sure I wasn’t on my way to the airport flying back to Arizona. He called me and was like, ‘Sizz, just give it a chance. It’s going to get better.’ And I said, ‘No, I’m still here, coach.’ Working out with Steve and the rest of the guys was really good. I’m glad I did it.”

So, what’s up with all the injuries then?

Follow
    Jeff Zrebiec ✔ @jeffzrebiecsun
    Replying to @grassman225
    They run long practices. That's only thing I got. Lot of these are freaky. Guys like Canady, Gillmore, Young, Flacco are in great shape.

There must be _something_ not right still. The amount of injuries is ridiculous. We aren't talking niggly things either - they are potentially career ending. If the answer is "They run long practices", you gotta ask is that the issue?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:35 pm

Same for us Chargers every year...Lamp gone down now and if Mike williams doesn't make the season that's first 2 picks gone. Just need KA13 to do his year injury thing now
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:22 am

Torn ACL for Lamp! Sad no good for a 300 lb lineman in the future
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:32 am

Did they say whether it was contact or non-contact activity that caused it?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:44 am

ryno_ wrote:Did they say whether it was contact or non-contact activity that caused it?
    Pulling on a zone on a running play so non contact Id guess mate! At least Feeney should step in now but means we haven't got the option of shifting Lamp to RT and dumping Barksdale
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:46 am

Welshy wrote:
    Pulling on a zone on a running play so non contact Id guess mate! At least Feeney should step in now but means we haven't got the option of shifting Lamp to RT and dumping Barksdale

Ah, sniper on lockyer style.

At least he's young, good chance of full recovery.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:46 am

ryno_ wrote:

Ah, sniper on lockyer style.

At least he's young, good chance of full recovery.

Gutted mate but If I'm honest at least it's not someone like Slauson who makes the oline calls or Okung replacing Dunlap, and like I mentioned earlier Feeney good chance of taking over

I pray every day Verrett and KA13 stay fit
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:39 pm

Welshy wrote:

Gutted mate but If I'm honest at least it's not someone like Slauson who makes the oline calls or Okung replacing Dunlap, and like I mentioned earlier Feeney good chance of taking over

I pray every day Verrett and KA13 stay fit

Okung? The amount you paid for him, he's yours.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:47 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Okung? The amount you paid for him, he's yours.
    Massive overs but big upgrade over Dunlap and far better Run blocker on top. point was Lamp can be replaced far easier in a sub package than a starting LT or signal caller
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:18 am

Could always be Miami mind and lose your starting QB for the year. Yikes

Post by Guest Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:02 am

I'm surprised that while everyone's getting all hyperbolic about the 'CTE scandal', nobody at all with any sort of voice is pointing out that the brains donated to the study were done so BECAUSE the player showed symptoms of CTE in later life, the media wants to paint it as '99 out of 100 NFL players have CTE', when in actuality it's '99 out of 100 NFL players who think they have CTE, have CTE'
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:27 pm

Welshy wrote:Could always be Miami mind and lose your starting QB for the year. Yikes

Ryan Tannehill
    Staring QB

Well... I guess.

Honestly - I think they are better with Cutler. Tannehill is "meh" personified - although his wife is a perennial all-pro in the WAGS-hotness stakes.

surmo13 wrote:I'm surprised that while everyone's getting all hyperbolic about the 'CTE scandal', nobody at all with any sort of voice is pointing out that the brains donated to the study were done so BECAUSE the player showed symptoms of CTE in later life, the media wants to paint it as '99 out of 100 NFL players have CTE', when in actuality it's '99 out of 100 NFL players who think they have CTE, have CTE'

Fair point. Also, with the helmets used now as opposed to the helmets used when the studied players were playing, it really feels like nobodies comparing apples with apples.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 2:55 pm