NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL 2017

Welshy
    Welshy

NFL 2017 - Page 9 Empty Re: NFL 2017

Post by Welshy Fri 16 Sep 2016 - 20:49

ryno_ wrote:

It wont be. Theyve had 2 cakewalk games so far. Theyll lose 3 of the next 4 (@KC, SEA, @ARI, @PIT).
    Cakewalk? They lost to the Bengals and the Bills are depleted yes but I would't say cakewalk lad!

Their offence will be massive this year, they just need a decent TE because their WR corps and Running game is class!
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Sat 17 Sep 2016 - 10:34

Welshy wrote:
    Cakewalk? They lost to the Bengals and the Bills are depleted yes but I would't say cakewalk lad!

Their offence will be massive this year, they just need a decent TE because their WR corps and Running game is class!

Cakewalk is a bit harsh on the Bengals, maybe - even though they turn to water away from home.

Bills arent anything special though. 3 good players on either side of the ball but the rest are very ordinary. Didnt draft well. Already fired their OC and their DC was a pity hiring.

Jets look good on paper but I just cant see them being in the picture after xmas.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Sat 17 Sep 2016 - 10:40

If you're a stats nerd, this is a good read.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/where-bills-jets-ranks-among-the-nfls-worst-division-rivalries/

RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon 19 Sep 2016 - 4:06

Got up nice and early to watch some 49ers play and maybe some OBJ if I feel like switching between the games.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon 19 Sep 2016 - 12:53

Committee's everywhere....

Seattle starting off the boil again. Will they make there usual late season run ...
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon 19 Sep 2016 - 18:04

Nice to see the Chargers hold onto a 20+ point lad this time!

Just gutted Allen and now Woodhead are gone because we would of made some inroads this year otherwise

should of beaten KC, the raiders are still not there and the Broncos O is medicore, AFC west will be interesting this year
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue 20 Sep 2016 - 10:25

Welshy wrote:Nice to see the Chargers hold onto a 20+ point lad this time!

Just gutted Allen and now Woodhead are gone because we would of made some inroads this year otherwise

should of beaten KC, the raiders are still not there and the Broncos O is medicore, AFC west will be interesting this year

LOLOLOLOL

Chargers cant hold a lead and dont have anybody who can take control of a game
    Chiefs cant pass more then 20 yards
    Raiders cant defend the air or ground

The "mediocre" O in Denver is racking up 350 yards/game and averaging 5.8 yards/play.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue 20 Sep 2016 - 17:48

ryno_ wrote:

LOLOLOLOL

Chargers cant hold a lead and dont have anybody who can take control of a game
    Chiefs cant pass more then 20 yards
    Raiders cant defend the air or ground

The "mediocre" O in Denver is racking up 350 yards/game and averaging 5.8 yards/play.
    Don't get testy over your donkeys mate Razz  as soon as someone slows down the run they are going to lose, zero passing TDs against possibly the worst secondary in football is poor

even without Ware that D is going to smother so they will be good, i was just stating that with Allen and Woodhead we would of challenged the West this year. period
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Wed 21 Sep 2016 - 8:01

Welshy wrote:
    Don't get testy over your donkeys mate :P  as soon as someone slows down the run they are going to lose, zero passing TDs against possibly the worst secondary in football is poor

even without Ware that D is going to smother so they will be good, i was just stating that with Allen and Woodhead we would of challenged the West this year. period

If you cant get passionate about the best defence since the '85 bears, what can you get passionate about?

If somebody can manage to slow the run (best of luck to them), Sanders and Sunshine will go mental in the slot and Demaryius in the screen. Happened last year on about 4 occasions. Kubiak knows what he's doing - he made Matt Schuab a Pro Bowler. Twice. And watching the film on Trev, his technique is actually surprisingly good. Release time is great. All hes gotta work on is the pre-throw routine and even thats been better then expected. His drive-getting-to-the-redzone % is about 12th in the league I think.

I think you're being a bit optimistic about how Chargers would have gone (as I probably am about Denver... maybe...). Allen is a great player, no doubt. I just dont think he would have won games on his own and the supporting cast just isnt there. Rivers isnt mobile and doesnt have the Oline he needs.

leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed 21 Sep 2016 - 8:11

AFC is gonna be tough to come out of, if i was doing a power rankings the top 3 teams in the league would steelers, broncos and pats and its daylight 4th for me.

pats the most impressive for me so far, 2 good wins without brady and gronk ?? would not have picked it, gotta think texans beat them this week if jimmy G is out, texans D is quality and pats offense will have to struggle now on a short week

Carolina are obvious favs but NFC is wide open, Seattle D is still solid but their O-line and offense in general is holding them back, Vikings may be a playoff team but you know they arn't going far, Zona look good on paper but losing to pats at home minus their 2 best is a concern. A-Rod is still an elite QB but he is not the unstoppable guy he was a few seasons ago and that makes the pack less of a worry. i could see a surprise NFC team coming from no where this year (like a giants, eagles type)
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed 21 Sep 2016 - 15:26

Cannot see Bradford taking the Vikings to the playoffs. Surely. Bridgewater would have taken them very close.

leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed 21 Sep 2016 - 16:00

you'd think so, especially with AP going down and some tough games on the horizon but i dunno, the NFC doesn't impress me as much as it has done in the past and i can 2-3 teams making it despite not really being all that impressive

they've already got a big win V's the packers too
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed 21 Sep 2016 - 17:53

ryno_ wrote:

If you cant get passionate about the best defence since the '85 bears, what can you get passionate about?

If somebody can manage to slow the run (best of luck to them), Sanders and Sunshine will go mental in the slot and Demaryius in the screen. Happened last year on about 4 occasions. Kubiak knows what he's doing - he made Matt Schuab a Pro Bowler. Twice. And watching the film on Trev, his technique is actually surprisingly good. Release time is great. All hes gotta work on is the pre-throw routine and even thats been better then expected. His drive-getting-to-the-redzone % is about 12th in the league I think.

I think you're being a bit optimistic about how Chargers would have gone (as I probably am about Denver... maybe...). Allen is a great player, no doubt. I just dont think he would have won games on his own and the supporting cast just isnt there. Rivers isnt mobile and doesnt have the Oline he needs.

Denver will always be there even without an effective run or pass game purely because heir D is that dominant! how much do you think losing Ware affects them? its fucking annoying playing the donkeys, even when you put up early points (if you can) you always know they are going in lock down the 3rd 4th qtrs and give their QB a chance to win it

tough to bang on Siemien because he has gone up against a quality panthers D and only his second start against that piss poor colts one so i will let that slide! but he has the weapons so he has no excuses if the run game gets stuffed going forward

100% Allen can take over a game on his own, 2nd best route runner in the league behind Brown, you dont need the elite speed when your tree is that good, Rivers doesn't need to be mobile he has been an elite QB for what 10 years and the guy moves like a tree stump, pocket presence is immense O-Line over last few years has been atrocious and he still kills it, one of the most underrated players of his generation no doubt!

D is starting to come together as well, still can't stop the run when we don't have a lead though! Jason Verrett is a shut down corner who mirrors the No.1 every game, Hayward already paying dividends at the back Te'o becoming serviable with Perriman is a thumper just need super Melvin to keep getting to the QB, watch out for Jatavis Brown as well
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Thu 22 Sep 2016 - 9:51

Welshy wrote:
    Denver will always be there even without an effective run or pass game purely because heir D is that dominant! how much do you think losing Ware affects them? its fucking annoying playing the donkeys, even when you put up early points (if you can) you always know they are going in lock down the 3rd 4th qtrs and give their QB a chance to win it

tough to bang on Siemien because he has gone up against a quality panthers D and only his second start against that piss poor colts one so i will let that slide! but he has the weapons so he has no excuses if the run game gets stuffed going forward

100% Allen can take over a game on his own, 2nd best route runner in the league behind Brown, you dont need the elite speed when your tree is that good, Rivers doesn't need to be mobile he has been an elite QB for what 10 years and the guy moves like a tree stump, pocket presence is immense O-Line over last few years has been atrocious and he still kills it, one of the most underrated players of his generation no doubt!

D is starting to come together as well, still can't stop the run when we don't have a lead though! Jason Verrett is a shut down corner who mirrors the No.1 every game, Hayward already paying dividends at the back Te'o becoming serviable with Perriman is a thumper just need super Melvin to keep getting to the QB, watch out for Jatavis Brown as well

Ware wont affect them too much. I mean, he's a hell of a player but our LB depth is pretty good, Shaq or Ray will step up - Ray is going to be a beast when Ware retires. Apart from DLine (touch wood), a single injury doesnt hurt us too much on that side of the ball.

Rivers is absolutely one of the great players of his generation - and its a good generation. Look at his QB Class, rings galore. But to lead SD to something approaching a winning season he needs weapons around him and Keenan by himself isnt that. Take Detroit with a handy QB & Megatron, they only got to .500 twice in a decade.

Verrett is pretty great though. Imagine if you still had Weddle...
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu 22 Sep 2016 - 15:15

leaguegod wrote:you'd think so, especially with AP going down and some tough games on the horizon but i dunno, the NFC doesn't impress me as much as it has done in the past and i can 2-3 teams making it despite not really being all that impressive

they've already got a big win V's the packers too

True RE the above. Im hoping the packers click, it was anticipated to happen for them without any huge reasons.

I miss Stirling Sharpe.

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2016 - 17:12

So if you're a young QB, you're pratically begging the Patriots to draft/sign you, right? cushiest job in football, you just hold the clipboard until you get some game-time, whether that be a pre-season or regular season game, Belichick makes you look like an absolute star and then some QB-desperate team drops 15mil a season in your lap. Does really make you wonder about Brady though.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri 23 Sep 2016 - 17:58

You don't think they are benefitting from a good apprenticeship the whole time ?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri 23 Sep 2016 - 18:10

surmo13 wrote:So if you're a young QB, you're pratically begging the Patriots to draft/sign you, right? cushiest job in football, you just hold the clipboard until you get some game-time, whether that be a pre-season or regular season game, Belichick makes you look like an absolute star and then some QB-desperate team drops 15mil a season in your lap. Does really make you wonder about Brady though.
    Don't think you can ever question Brady and his talents, some questionable football ethics perhaps but the guy has averaged close to 4000 passing yards and 28 TDs a season...a system doesn't last that long before getting found out, got to have superstar traits to be that consistent

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2016 - 18:20

Revraiser wrote:You don't think they are benefitting from a good apprenticeship the whole time ?

No, considering there hasn't been one single Patriots QB in the Belichick era to be successful outside the system, Cassel & Mallett being somewhat recent examples of players who were the next big thing until they left and were found out to be nothing more than serviceable back-ups.

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2016 - 18:30

Welshy wrote:
    Don't think you can ever question Brady and his talents, some questionable football ethics perhaps but the guy has averaged close to 4000 passing yards and 28 TDs a season...a system doesn't last that long before getting found out, got to have superstar traits to be that consistent

i'm not denying that he a talented player, but i wonder whether being playing under Belichick vs. being on another team is the difference between him being a sure-fire hall of famer with 4 rings or a player on the level of , say, a Romo or Rivers.

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024 - 13:51