NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore

The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:40 am

Milchcow wrote:

Stuff like Weekes over Strange is largely irrelevant, because it becomes public knowledge who actually plays the position in plenty of time for people to change selections before hand.
    But just remember that almost any prediction of minutes/subs from any poster here, or on a podcast is really just a guess, with no actual knowledge. At best they are regurgitating a tweet from someone who does know (eg Barry Toohey for the Knights)

A couple of years ago TK did a series of pre-season podcasts where they interviewed actual members of the coaching staff / playing group for each team. They were great to listen to, and I wish they came back this year. Even without that TK's podcast is one of the better ones to listen to because at least he is a proper media guy and its generally a professional show.

And I don't really want to knock people that put a lot of time into creating content, but last year the Amateurs promoted Cam Murray as a viable captaincy option against Cleary/Hynes. And this year they said that Haas was a bad choice.
    I wouldn't necessarily leave my team selection choices up to them

You have to clarify your narrative. They didn’t say Haas was not going to be best scoring MID over the year, what they said was why would you start the season with such an expensive player who is already priced at his ceiling when you can save some money to upgrade elsewhere. The aim of this game ultimately is to score as many points as possible. However it isn’t that simple. The beginning of the season is scoring points and cash generation. What they were saying is that going someone like Hopgood or Murray is a better idea as they satisfy both of the above more so than Haas. On the Murray claim loads of people thought Cam was a good captain option -who could have predicted Souths (thus his too) falling off a cliff. Please leave yiur agenda at the door.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore

Post by GreenSchist Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:42 am

James Graham mentioned on his podcast that one of the Roosters players apologised to the Broncos regarding the racist comments incident. Have to imagine this is an acknowledgment of guilt and as such, Leniu will be copping a suspension (it’s just a matter of length).

As such, I think I’m locking in May for next week. Saving enough cap so that I can go either Chan or Kini after a quick one week cash gen. Happy to hold both Sitili and Wong as their injuries sound minor (Wong already confirmed fit).

If I can roster 5 Raiders in my side, I can definitely manage 4 Roosters (bye not till Rd 14).
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:43 am

L-Jimmy wrote:

I totally get that mate, and really wasn't trying to have a shot at you! You always come across as a sensible and World reasoned and valuable poster.

I was just working early by the kids and grumpy. And I saw a phrase I really bloody hate.

Sorry for throwing shade mate.

No stress at all man. I like to have my thoughts and words challenged. It's how we become better and wiser.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:46 am

Loomer wrote:

If Liddle was out would Muhleisen be promoted to starting hooker? Maybe worth chucking him in EMG?
    Not bad. As a Tigers supporter I know Liddle is never far away from being injured. I’d prefer to wait for it actually happen though.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:48 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    Not bad. As a Tigers supporter I know Liddle is never far away from being injured. I’d prefer to wait for it actually happen though.

Do you think Api still mostly 80 min HOK and will Galvin get 14 for utility value?
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:50 am

Maybe 'Form your own opinion' is better than the dreaded phrase? In term of posting a lot or being informed I definitely fall into the former but like @Mich said there is a bunch of info out there some of it is objective (selections, injuries, watching games, hearing from coaches who aren't Brad Arthur) and a lot of it subjective (vibes based opinion). Throw it all into a blender and see what you come up with.

I don't mind the Amateurs stuff as it hasn't got an overly 'the boys' vibe and they come up with interesting alternative theories but's that what they are, alternative theories. You look like a genius if they come off but the chances are usually pretty low.

Fantasy is mostly about balancing risk and reward and it's rare to get that balance right all the time but its fun trying.

RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:54 am

I am talking myself into Bostock more and more. The Dolphins attacked down Isaako's wing so much. Showing they like to push it down the wings, and hopefully this year they attack both sides. Herbie also coming into the CTRs bodes well as Bostock had Aitken, Te Whare, and Brenko Lee beside him in his three games on the wing, and not to knock on those guys but I feel Herbie has better attacking prowess and will create more opportunities.

Obviously I have absolutely 0 to go on for any of these beliefs, but I have hope. He will be such a slow burn until he has that one big game though.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:59 am

RandomSil wrote: Herbie also coming into the CTRs bodes well

Herbie has played 79 NRL games and is yet to pass the ball to his winger.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:01 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:
    Honeysett wrote:

I've locked in Hunt because Flanno is such a spud.

SOS, same dominant half in a team that's improved and gives you $100k ITB to spend elsewhere.
    Beer

I'm attempting to not play shit footballers in my team. Whilst SOS might do alright I just don't rate him as a footballer. Ben Hunt on the other hand has absolutely squeezed every bit of potential out of himself and I can appreciate that.
    Goodnight Kiwi
    Goodnight Kiwi

Post by Goodnight Kiwi Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:01 am

RandomSil wrote:I am talking myself into Bostock more and more. The Dolphins attacked down Isaako's wing so much. Showing they like to push it down the wings, and hopefully this year they attack both sides. Herbie also coming into the CTRs bodes well as Bostock had Aitken, Te Whare, and Brenko Lee beside him in his three games on the wing, and not to knock on those guys but I feel Herbie has better attacking prowess and will create more opportunities.

Obviously I have absolutely 0 to go on for any of these beliefs, but I have hope. He will be such a slow burn until he has that one big game though.

Training pictures and chat is Niu with Bostock left and Herbie with Issako on the right bro.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:01 am

RandomSil wrote:I am talking myself into Bostock more and more. The Dolphins attacked down Isaako's wing so much. Showing they like to push it down the wings, and hopefully this year they attack both sides. Herbie also coming into the CTRs bodes well as Bostock had Aitken, Te Whare, and Brenko Lee beside him in his three games on the wing, and not to knock on those guys but I feel Herbie has better attacking prowess and will create more opportunities.

Your hope in Herbie to pass the ball and not be the focus of the attack is misplaced.

Last season:
    13 tries
    3 try assists
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:02 am

Should be a good game tonight, the Knights have 4000+ more members this season, so expecting Hunter Stadium to be packed
    Spirits high here in Newy
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:02 am

L-Jimmy wrote:Alright, whinge time. Not calling out anyone, just hate a phrase.

Rant

I loathe the phrase 'do your own research'.

I've been a professional researcher. At a good university. I, my wife and almost everyone I knew, did pretty much nothing but conduct research and talk about it - day in and day out.

We didn't 'do our own research' outside of the tiny, tiny, miniscule bloody sphere of our world-class expertise. Like, seriously. If you want to talk about optimising theoretical energy market design to allow for rainfall  changes in dam design along the upper Mekong, Paulie will talk to you happily! But ask him about same issue on the upper Irriwaddy and he'll refer you to someone else - and expert in that field.

There's a reason that the cookie-cutter and community teams do well - and it isn't because they do their own research.

It is because they use the research of other experts.

That's what 97% of research is! It's reading the stuff some experts have written down, thinking about it, then copying it out again.

There are forum members here who have expertise. There are forum members here who post a lot. There is some overlap in those circles.

That's the research most people should be doing - identifying the difference between me and DK.

For everything, everything else, there's the community team. That's the research. Use it. Refer people to it.

and i'm out.:
    You sound so smart and so well educated yet you take a simple phrase like ‘do your own research’ and then decide to use the literal meaning! FFS, who seriously expects anyone to go out in the field and gather their own information. The term is used by us common folk to mean gather your info from various sources, not just pick a player because Steve on this site recommended it. Gees you must have a massive pool!
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:06 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    You sound so smart and so well educated yet you take a simple phrase like ‘do your own research’ and then decide to use the literal meaning! FFS, who seriously expects anyone to go out in the field and gather their own information. The term is used by us common folk to mean gather your info from various sources, not just pick a player because Steve on this site recommended it. Gees you must have a massive pool!

You sound Poolist !
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:07 am

Chewie wrote:Should be a good game tonight, the Knights have 4000+ more members this season, so expecting Hunter Stadium to be packed

Are you a Knights fan, Chewie?
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:08 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:

This is a phrase I hate in part because of its association with conspiracy theories, and in part because it's use doesn't ever help the person at whom it was directed. That's why I suggested some means of trying to be more helpful - weighing posters, looking at the community team etc.

But look, you seem really personally upset about the impersonal discussion of phrase. And you've tried to aim up at Milchy without much reason.

Is everything ok at home mate?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:08 am

Goodnight Kiwi wrote:

Training pictures and chat is Niu with Bostock left and Herbie with Issako on the right bro.

Well fuck, let me re arrange my hope and have Niu setting up Isaako so much last season, it can only be money for Bostock
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:09 am

Aardvark wrote:Maybe 'Form your own opinion' is better than the dreaded phrase? In term of posting a lot or being informed I definitely fall into the former but like @Mich said there is a bunch of info out there some of it is objective (selections, injuries, watching games, hearing from coaches who aren't Brad Arthur) and a lot of it subjective (vibes based opinion). Throw it all into a blender and see what you come up with.

I don't mind the Amateurs stuff as it hasn't got an overly 'the boys' vibe and they come up with interesting alternative theories but's that what they are, alternative theories. You look like a genius if they come off but the chances are usually pretty low.

Fantasy is mostly about balancing risk and reward and it's rare to get that balance right all the time but its fun trying.

"Go with your gut" is the phrase commonly used on here which perhaps better encapsulates the intended meaning.

"Do your own research" these days is often associated with anti-vaxx cookers who by 'research' mean watching some random youtube video talking about how Taylor Swift is a transgender woman secretly planted by the government with the end goal of having everyone eat processed bugs for a living whilst the deep state sacrifice babies in satanic rituals to power their space lasers
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:11 am

Hurts letting Kiraz go but change to:

Niu Tuaupiki Hutch feels more secure than

Kiraz (Kris) Chan

This is based on rumour CNK several weeks away and Tuaupiki could be straight swap to Kris probably

Last edited by Loomer on Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    Goodnight Kiwi
    Goodnight Kiwi

Post by Goodnight Kiwi Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:13 am

Chewie wrote:Should be a good game tonight, the Knights have 4000+ more members this season, so expecting Hunter Stadium to be packed

Chewie from Newie! cheer

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:54 pm