NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore

Reklaw
    Reklaw

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore

Post by Reklaw Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:45 pm

all this Hunt talk is really making me look at flanno again, and not as a joke
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:46 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:
    Milchcow wrote:
    Also, some of Lolo's worse scores last year were playing with a knee injury, that he tried to battle on with before having surgery.

Anyone, he isn't the worry in my team. Its everyone else I'm struggling with

You suggesting you've locked him in without concern?

His name and that price. It certainly stands out as I scroll this price range...

I wouldn't say without concern. Who knows if him and Payten really don't get on well or not. But the bigger concern for me is the possibility that the knee issues last year have ongoing impacts that mean he won't ever get back to near his peak.
    He's cheap enough though that I am willing to risk it.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:47 pm

Probably an unpopular opinion, but just watching the Vegas games again, did Murray get the TS when Brooks dropped it? What a load of bollocks.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:48 pm

Mulvy wrote:Probably an unpopular opinion, but just watching the Vegas games again, did Murray get the TS when Brooks dropped it? What a load of bollocks.

Yeah I had to talk Camo off a cliff over it, and he has Murray.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:50 pm

Reklaw wrote:all this Hunt talk is really making me look at flanno again, and not as a joke

I've locked in Hunt because Flanno is such a spud.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:51 pm

Mulvy wrote:Probably an unpopular opinion, but just watching the Vegas games again, did Murray get the TS when Brooks dropped it? What a load of bollocks.

People complaining about Try Save stats?

This is how we know the footy is back for real
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:52 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Maybe it's just bad soil? Dragons keep spewing fire and shit all over the field and still nothing grows.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:53 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I had both in my team yesterday. I still think they are great picks. Can't have them all. I still think Fog elevates a few because of GK and retains bulk KM, with upside of primary playmaker and downside of Raiders potentially being shit finely poised. Luki could be anything, he's a weapon. Could be my biggest regret. but most times he was subbed off last year, Finefuki got the balance of his minutes. He'll make money with 60 minutes, but I was hoping for a slam dunk.

Yeah, I do agree. I think both are decent picks and I also think both will make some money. I guess I'm now just thinking that it probably won't be a large amount of money. And Luki definitely won't be a keeper, so I am a bit more comfortable culling him.

Fogarty is a bit awkward because he could make a bit of coin, but possibly more importantly, he could be a cheeky keeper at 17/18th man in one's final team. But he's worth a lot more and that money could arguably be used in a better way elsewhere at this stage. Plus, he definitely seems no stranger to a 30-odd score, meaning his price could possibly not really change much at all through the course of the season.

I do think he's a good pick. I think both are solid. Just not sure I need to keep hold of them if an undisputed keeper is calling from elsewhere, which is where I've landed tonight.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:58 pm

Honeysett wrote:

He hasn't left my team since I put him in there. Set and forget.

I have Moses but Hunt frees up cash for an upgrade elsewhere Basketball
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:59 pm

mattnz wrote:

The bench named this week could support big minute Lolo.

Finefuiaki - small minutes on the EDG
    Neame - shares a role with McLean
    McIntyre - apparently going to be ball playing lock
    Granville - no one knows, but hard to see him playing big minutes at prop
    Is anyone going to be surprised if Mikaele gets the 17 over Fine I hour pre kickoff? The natives are apparently very upset!
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:00 pm

Milchcow wrote:

People complaining about Try Save stats?

This is how we know the footy is back for real

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore - Page 6 Je7tHX

Hahahahah....Quiet!!

You don't have an opinion? Try saves should just be removed as a stat imo, but that one is bollocks and I challenge you to disagree instead of just making a sarcastic post about it!
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:01 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I wouldn't say without concern. Who knows if him and Payten really don't get on well or not. But the bigger concern for me is the possibility that the knee issues last year have ongoing impacts that mean he won't ever get back to near his peak.
    He's cheap enough though that I am willing to risk it.

I'd kind of passed on him without really thinking about it but now I find myself intrigued. In light of just punting Luki, though, for 30K more, and probably more likelihood of going alright, I'm not sure.

So I swing back around to Palasia. I know he's been generally shunned, but I can't help but be a little swept up by the price and possibilities. I acknowledge his pretty poor PPM, but if he has overtaken Liu in that pecking order, it's hard to at least not consider him.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:05 pm

Ando wrote:TU: FlanaGUN
    TD: Cleary
    I know this is a joke but based on value alone Flanno probably only needs to score low 30’s to justify picking him up over Cleary. This is based on the theory that Cleary doesn’t get close to a banner. My only concern is that I don’t think Flanno will get near it.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:10 pm

Honeysett wrote:

I very much like this thinking. Hunt and Burton are very different players, but that'd be my main concern with this train of thought; that Flanno's spud-ness didn't help unlock Burton.

I like Hunt, and I like that price too. But he strikes me as the kind of player that will be him, regardless of who's standing beside him. Not saying that's a good or a bad thing - just how I see it. A nice POD, though.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:11 pm

mattnz wrote:Also worth noting that Cotter had scores of 86 and 87 in that finals series. Is a big game player.
    Does Rd 1 qualify as big game then?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:11 pm

Honeysett wrote:

I've been on and off the Hunt train all pre-season, but playing with a shit second half isn't a new experience for him. Still, expecting the Dragons to be marginally better this year which might lead to Happy Ben scoring a few more points?
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:11 pm

This season is doing my head in

Grant (I don't trust Robson)
    Haas/Sitili/Cotter
    Luki/Piakura
    Cleary/Hutch
    Kiraz/Burbo
    Turbo/Rapana/Pap

Smithies/Lussick/Salmon/Chan

Kini/Strange/Hughes/Mikaele (at this point I don't see any other cheapies worth taking and figure he'll be in shortly)
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:13 pm

Mulvy wrote:
    You don't have an opinion? Try saves should just be removed as a stat imo, but that one is bollocks and I challenge you to disagree instead of just making a sarcastic post about it!

Probably should be removed.

The criteria for awarding them seems quite opaque at times, and I think they generate more confusion than any other fantasy stat.

I don't generally comment on individual stats during a game because although I keep an eye on fantasy scores during play, I generally just look at score totals, and don't keep a close eye on stat breakdown
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:14 pm

code delta wrote:I'm so invested in this place for info but what is the best podcast to get a second opinion?

OB wrote:

I listen to Fantasy Amateurs and Talking League on Spotify. Amateurs is my favourite of the two - quiet a bit funnier and entertaining. I believe Mark from there actually made his first post on here earlier today.

I listen to both of those, mainly the teamlist ones, it's nice to get a few different views and sometimes player news/insight that you don't see on this forum. Both have different biases and narratives
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:21 pm

Nearly had a disaster there

Took Morgan Smithies out of my team, and when I out him back, accidentally added Morgan Harper (who is only $2k less, so one of them at least is badly mispriced)

Glad I spotted that before he locked out

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:58 pm