NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Round 5 Match Thread

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Round 5 Match Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Round 5 Match Thread

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:00 pm

Dip wrote:Surely Chase Stanley can't justify even a minimum wage contract given his injury record.

Poor bastard, was playing really good footy too.

I tell you who is also playing bloody good footy is Jordan Rapana.

I know he didn't play much at the GC before doing his 2 year stint but I never rated him very highly from what I saw.
    This year though, he's been outstanding and looks dangerous everytime he gets involved.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:27 am

Bottle-throwing dickheads at Belmore doing their best to undo the hard PR yards the club has done in recent years. Lifetime ban thanks....

Watched the Klemmer-comforts-Stanley reply in the sheds, and I thought "wow - Klemmer looks super awkward there". Then I realised that That's as far out as the arms go these days. A little too much upper body work!!
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:59 am

completely outplayed, we continue to mix in good performances with terrible one's. no consistency for a few years now

feel for stanley, celebrates 100 games after 10 long years and gets injured before half time, he is due for some luck but just can't buy it.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:36 am

leaguegod wrote:completely outplayed, we continue to mix in good performances with terrible one's. no consistency for a few years now

feel for stanley, celebrates 100 games after 10 long years and gets injured before half time, he is due for some luck but just can't buy it.

It's at the point that contractually, I would be happy enough to sign the bloke (assuming you would get salary cap concessions if/when he does get injured)......but I would have a real problem with naming the bloke in a team based on uncertainty that he would be able to finish a game without leaving you a man down.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:54 am

It's got to the point where you put an arm around the guys shoulder and advise him to look at other lines of employment.
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:03 pm

Brett Papworth would have killed to get 100 games. He played 7 in 4 seasons due to injuries.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:15 pm

Rapa's good but my biggest issue has been and continues to be, his decision making. The guy just will not take the safe option. Ever.

Running out of our half after not having any possession the last 10min, he's going to fight like a maniac in the tackle and 50% chance he loses it. I'm happy for him to back himself, just needs to occasionally make the percentage play like taking the tackle.

The flick pass to Croker gave me a fucking heart attack. Just got out from defending our line and he throws that in the wet at full pace O_o. It came off but by golly we didn't need another occasion where we turned the ball over just out of our half again. Anyway its entertaining and working pretty well for him the last few weeks so I can't complain too much.

Last edited by Archer on Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fucked up my quote somehow, cbf sorting it, this will do)

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:20 pm