NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Team Tracker 2K24 / Shady2K

Shady2K
    Shady2K

Team Tracker 2K24 / Shady2K Empty Team Tracker 2K24 / Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:45 pm

DRAFT TLT 1

$101K BANK

HOK: Grant

One of my notes from last year is to start with a 1x gun HOK/MID/HLF. So Grant just meets the HOK requirement. Should be the best in his position. Not fully convinced by Robson and have Cheese in MID currently to accommodate.

MID: Hopgood | B. Smith | Tupouniua

Currently on Hopgood as the gun MID. DPP and slightly cheaper has him over the line ahead of Haas, with some ability to gain cash. Cheese and Tupouniua speak for themselves. The DPP for Cheese also makes him more interesting for flexibility and hopefully no longer playing injured.

EDG: Wong | Piakura

Safer to pick Wong and flick later if needed rather than not pick him and scrambling to get him in, I think. Piakura is an auto-pick.

HLF: Cleary | Fogarty

(C)leary locked in, and Fogarty should have some value and upside as main playmaker, kicking, goal kicking, etc. Not expecting SJ 2023 but still value.

CTR: Kris | Strange

Kris is priced at 28 and has a career average at 35 at CTR, and will be back in R2 in that spot - will be used to look at Burbo and will stay if Burbo gets a decent score. If Burbo shits the bed, which he very well might, then Kris can go to someone else like Simonsson or Suli. Assuming Strange gets the 5/8 spot then he'll be the other CTR.

WFB: Papenhuyzen | Rapana | Kini

Papi is another auto-pick. Rapana has a career FB average of 51 and priced at 35. Kini is a gamble kind of like Trindall last year, just hoping his talent and weak opposition can let him get some good scores early.

INT: Smithies | Luki | Lussick | Hutchison

Smithies - base stat beast and should get DPP, ideally keep lock when Horse is back. Luki - with Leilua gone then that edge spot should be his, and has a high ceiling. Lussick - easy choice if he plays 80 but if Hands is on the bench then will need to revisit. Hutchison - assuming starting halfback, easy choice.

EMG: Salmon | Hughes | B. Trbojevic | Cotric

Salmon - assuming starting lock, not sure on his minutes so not in top 17 for now. Hughes - should be this year's Ming. Burbo - starting edge at 250k but still going to loop him because I can. Cotric - could be anyone in this last slot, just have him here as the WFB/CTR DPP and does have value if he does line up on the wing.

OTHER PLAYERS OF INTEREST

Haas: 'Best' MID but next to no value at his price. Opting for value, I think Hopgood or Murray are better choices who can meet the same points. I could actually afford the Haas/Hopgood double, but would have next to no cash in the bank.
    Moses: Priced high so you're banking on the Eels early draw. Maybe only has a few points of value in him but also has a low game he can pop out at any point.
    Murray: Back and forth on him. Would need to sacrifice elsewhere to get him in. Could move Cheese to HOK and go Murray in MID too.
    Ponga: The best WFB. History shows starting with a gun WFB isn't ideal for team composition, but he should do well.
    Tedesco: Notorious slow starter but I did have him last year in R1 at 800k odd. Still an option to include and would then get the VC.
    Cotter: Wouldn't surprise me if he gets 5ish points of value but there's better options that are cheaper than him IMO.
    Penisini: Would be the one I fork out for if I go expensive at CTR but can't fit in.
    Lane: Similar to Cotter, better options for cheaper. Wouldn't surprise me if Tuilagi takes some minutes too.
    Aitken: Only if starting edge... then might need to tinker to fit him in.
    Blore: Ideally the starting Storm edge is Bradley, but haven't seen enough of Blore play in the preseason.
    Tatola: Same reasoning as Cotter. Also he's boring to watch.
    Simonsson: An option to pivot Kris to if I need to. Good option if playing CTR and has DPP.
    Suli: Another Kris pivot option. Would hope he improves with a new coach and back to a 40 average.
    Flanagan: Ultra slow burn I think. Like Ilias a few years ago. Can wait a bit and see how he goes. An option is to start Hutchison in HLF2 and have Flanagan as the back-up half. Would then use the extra cash from dumping Fogarty to get another gun elsewhere.
    Levi: If he gets 40ish minutes then he should make cash, but he's a shit player.
    Weekes: Will be in if he gets the 5/8 spot over Strange.
    Bradley: Will be in if he gets the starting edge spot. Should then be WFB/EDG DPP.

Last edited by Shady2K on Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Team Tracker 2K24 / Shady2K Empty Re: Team Tracker 2K24 / Shady2K

Post by Snatchpato Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:49 pm

Looks great!

Just keep in mind if Curran starts ahead of Salmon, that's an extra 220k you need (assuming you'd want to straight swap them).
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:51 pm

Snatchpato wrote:Looks great!

Just keep in mind if Curran starts ahead of Salmon, that's an extra 220k you need (assuming you'd want to straight swap them).

Yeah can cross that bridge if it comes, so hopefully Salmon keeps his role that he's been doing in the trials, and Curran is in the prop rotation
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:16 pm

Is this the current team you're running with mate or have updates been made? Always keen to follow your advice as you display awesome insight on the forum!!
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:01 am

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:Is this the current team you're running with mate or have updates been made? Always keen to follow your advice as you display awesome insight on the forum!!

Thanks mate! It’s not locked in, have been making heaps of changes. Probably the only ones I’m happy with locking are

Cheese
    X X Tupouniua
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary X
    Burbo Strange
    Papenhuyzen X X

Smithies Luki Lussick Hutchison
    Salmon Hughes X X

Main questions are:

Where to put the gun cash? I want Grant, but means HLF and WFB is thinner. Then I want Moses over Fog. Then I want potentially two of Hopgood/Haas/Murray. Maybe a gun WFB like Ponga.

Lots of value in MID too. I could move Cheese there instead? And then get Grant? Or Tatola and Cotter seem a bit easy for value, but there’s still an element of uncertainty

Start Hutcho? Bench Flanno? Cheap in HLF means money elsewhere but don’t like the idea of crap HLF depth

What CTR to get? Kris is nice and cheap for next week, but what if Strange doesn’t get picked? Penisini little value, maybe Simo or Suli?

Then WFB… kinda like Rapana. Good value and is a ball hog. What about WFB3? Kini? Gun up with Ponga or Teddy? Seen Turbo get some mentions too and could start strong against Souths with weaker edges with Gagai Jr and Kennar…
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:25 am

Shady2K wrote:

Thanks mate! It’s not locked in, have been making heaps of changes. Probably the only ones I’m happy with locking are

Cheese
    X X Tupouniua
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary X
    Burbo Strange
    Papenhuyzen X X

Smithies Luki Lussick Hutchison
    Salmon Hughes X X

Main questions are:

Where to put the gun cash? I want Grant, but means HLF and WFB is thinner. Then I want Moses over Fog. Then I want potentially two of Hopgood/Haas/Murray. Maybe a gun WFB like Ponga.

Lots of value in MID too. I could move Cheese there instead? And then get Grant? Or Tatola and Cotter seem a bit easy for value, but there’s still an element of uncertainty

Start Hutcho? Bench Flanno? Cheap in HLF means money elsewhere but don’t like the idea of crap HLF depth

What CTR to get? Kris is nice and cheap for next week, but what if Strange doesn’t get picked? Penisini little value, maybe Simo or Suli?

Then WFB… kinda like Rapana. Good value and is a ball hog. What about WFB3? Kini? Gun up with Ponga or Teddy? Seen Turbo get some mentions too and could start strong against Souths with weaker edges with Gagai Jr and Kennar…

What could you get if you just went say a Haas, Cotter in the Middle X's then a Fogarty/Boyd at the half X Then a rapana and Kini with the WFB X's. Might be abit wishful thinking but if you can fit that all under the cap then it would be pretty blood good imo.
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:43 am

FYI my team is looking like this atm, only issue is the 0k ITB but I really really like the squad:

Grant
    Haas Tatola Cotter
    Piakura Sitili
    (C)leary Fog
    Burbo Strange
    Paps Turbo Rapana

Lussick, Luki, Hutch, Salmon

Hughes, Cotric, Bradley (or whichever cheapie shows up TLTB), Mikaele
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:52 am

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

What could you get if you just went say a Haas, Cotter in the Middle X's then a Fogarty/Boyd at the half X Then a rapana and Kini with the WFB X's. Might be abit wishful thinking but if you can fit that all under the cap then it would be pretty blood good imo.

I’m warming to the idea of fading Vegas guns to allow for more flexibility in TLT B

Obvious fomo on Haas and Murray, but would let me jump on McInnes for example if he’s starting 13. Which I can’t do if I get locked out
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:21 pm

Shady2K wrote:

I’m warming to the idea of fading Vegas guns to allow for more flexibility in TLT B

Obvious fomo on Haas and Murray, but would let me jump on McInnes for example if he’s starting 13. Which I can’t do if I get locked out

Yeah McInnes could match Murray imo if he gets the role for it
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:18 pm

How's the team looking before tomorrow bro? Keen to see!
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:19 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:How's the team looking before tomorrow bro? Keen to see!

Probably tinker again tomorrow morning but as it stands now

Cheese
    Haas Tatola Sitili
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary Hutcho
    Kris Strange
    Turbo Papi Kini

Grant Smithies Luki Flanagan
    Salmon Hughes Burbo Mikaele

$154k bank

Pretty different from my first draft but fairly cookie cutter I guess. Some reasonings:

Haas: He has no value but he’s the one I fear not owning the most when I think about it. Don’t have as much FOMO on Murray but the 100k saved my sway me tomorrow
    Grant: Part of my original 3 gun strat in HOK MID HLF. He may become Lussick if he actually looks like playing 80, then he get a gun CTR or HLF in place
    Turbo: Either start with or don’t bother. If he gets injured, it’s one trade only

Everything else is pretty normal. Cash in bank for flexibility
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:18 pm

Shady2K wrote:

Probably tinker again tomorrow morning but as it stands now

Cheese
    Haas Tatola Sitili
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary Hutcho
    Kris Strange
    Turbo Papi Kini

Grant Smithies Luki Flanagan
    Salmon Hughes Burbo Mikaele

$154k bank

Pretty different from my first draft but fairly cookie cutter I guess. Some reasonings:

Haas: He has no value but he’s the one I fear not owning the most when I think about it. Don’t have as much FOMO on Murray but the 100k saved my sway me tomorrow
    Grant: Part of my original 3 gun strat in HOK MID HLF. He may become Lussick if he actually looks like playing 80, then he get a gun CTR or HLF in place
    Turbo: Either start with or don’t bother. If he gets injured, it’s one trade only

Everything else is pretty normal. Cash in bank for flexibility
    No Cotter mate who is highly owned?
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:24 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    No Cotter mate who is highly owned?

I have made that single change, Cotter in for Tatola

My only choices now are

- Haas or Murray/Hopgood
    - Teddy or Turbo
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:07 am

DRAFT TLT 2

Fairly comfortable with this. A few players I’m missing but have some interest include Hosking, Kiraz, Luki… but all have their own risks. Anyway

Cheese
    Haas Smithies Tupouniua
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary Hutchison
    Kris Strange
    Turbo Papenhuyzen Kini

Grant McInnes Flanagan Chan
    Salmon Burbo Levi Hughes

$147K BANK
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:37 am

ROUND 1

HOK: B. Smith (47)

Good performance and most importantly looked fit. Injuries ruined interchanges otherwise probably would’ve got 60-65 minutes.

MID: Haas (76) | Smithies (52) | Tupouniua (22)

Haas did Haas things, almost went without him but had FOMO on his consistency. Smithies did as expected and hope he keeps the tackle bot role. Sitili is an unknown as he got injured, TBC how bad it is but could be on the block. If named to start then may look to keep.

EDG: Wong (44) | Piakura (0)

Wong went off injured but supposedly fine, played well. Piakura HIA but highly owned, waste of a trade to get him out but his cash will just take longer.

HLF: Cleary (c) (51) | Hutchison (34)

Floor score from Cleary. Hutcho was basically all base, only concern is if he loses the jersey. Whole team played bad though.

CTR: Kris (DNP) | Strange (21)

Got Kris to loop Burbo but fucked that up by getting Penisini late and not realising, woops. Strange low score but basically got no ball, should improve but wouldn’t want to start him anymore.

WFB: T. Trbojevic (vc) (54) | Papenhuyzen (20) | Kini (18)

Turbo looked fit and could’ve ended up with a much higher score. Paps started slow, but Kini doesn’t look cut for first grade so Campbell may be rushed back. Likely to hold for the bye as a looper and then re assess.

INT: McInnes (42) | Penisini (40) | Luki (48) | Chan (26)

McInnes was a gamble and didn’t get his role so a likely trade out. Got Penisini just before his game, didn’t pay attention so he goes into Kris’ spot and I get Salmon’s EMG, making the Burbo loop null. Luki did okay but minutes are worrying, but it was a blowout game. Chan has no workrate but is too cheap to flick just yet.

EMG: Salmon (29) | B. Trbojevic (53) | Levi (31) | Hughes (25)

Salmon got stuffed by injury rotations but scored well when actually in the forwards. Burbo exceeded expectations and Levi got saved by a try. Hughes has good PPM and just needs minutes, otherwise just a slow burn cash maker in the 21.

$204k ITB / 36 trades left (plus 8 from Round 20)

Score: 675 / Rank: 75336
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:40 am

ROUND 2

TRADE OUT: McInnes + Kini
    TRADE IN: May + Galvin

HOK: B. Smith (39)

Got reduced minutes this week and the Roosters lost - so hopefully it doesn't happen again. He scored well in those minutes though.

MID: Haas (vc) (54) | Smithies (46) | May (60)

Haas has a slight injury concern but hopefully he plays next week. Smithies less tackling to do but played the 80 which is encouraging. And May is a monster, glad I got him in early.

EDG: Piakura (40) | Salmon (31)

Piakura actually looks good on the eye test, but Salmon is kinda shit - at least he's cheap though so he can keep plodding 30s for now.

HLF: Cleary (c) (58) | Hutchison (29)

Another 50 score from Cleary, he'll go big soon, will still keep the (c). Hutchison is another plodder, should've known with a HLF from a shit team. He hasn't lost cash yet though so isn't the priority yeet unless he loses his spot.

CTR: Penisini (49) | B. Trbojevic (30)

Penisini with a great score without attacking stats which is very promising, and Burbo got moved to CTR for a period which impacted his output - should still be fine to play.

WFB: T. Trbojevic (45) | Papenhuyzen (81) | Kris (29)

Turbo again looked fit but hasn't translated to big points yet, but it will once he scores a try. Papi is back in a big way, hope he can keep it up. Kris actually looked really good before going off for a HIA which is unfortunate, so I'm forced into bringing in a WFB now.

INT: Luki (9) | Tupouniua (31) | Wong (37) | Galvin (43)

Luki injury 6-8 weeks, gone. Almost going in the never again bin as well as he has terrible workrate. Roosters edges - Sitili the main concern as has a lot lower PPM. Galvin went well and played him this week, glad I got on early too.

EMG: Strange (44) | Chan (35) | Levi (26) | Hughes (29)

Everyone in EMG getting decent scores and making some more cash - Levi the only real concern but he can stick around for the time being.

$423k ITB / 34 trades left (plus 8 from Round 20)

Score: 769 / Rank: 55376 Team Tracker 2K24 / Shady2K Green-arrow-icon-19
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:33 pm

WATCHLIST

I've compiled a decent watchlist after the first two rounds and just putting thoughts on paper.

HOK

Grant - Price dropping and Origin player. Likely a post-Origin buy but tempting if he gets a 6 in front of his price.
    Cook - Don't think he'll play Origin but is getting older and losing minutes. Wait and see how much he drops
    Robson - Think he'll hover around 50 so little value, but probably a good bye player if he misses Origin
    Koroisau - Good value currently and would get if I had more trades. Likely Origin
    Lussick - No backup hooker on bench, immense value now. Likely bringing in this week

MID

Yeo - Early bye and Origin. Late season keeper
    Hopgood - Think he plays Origin this year. Late season keeper
    Fonua-Blake - Late season keeper
    Murray - Late season keeper
    Fa'asuamaleaui - Late season keeper. Almost a priority buy as he tends to explode after Origin
    Carrigan - Late season keeper
    De Belin - Doesn't look like hitting 2023 heights but watching his price drop for now
    Harris - Late season keeper pending minutes
    Tapine - Good potential bye option but minutes scarce in that pack now
    Cotter - Could get up to 700-750k but his scoring is a bit volatile and depends on game flow. Plays Origin
    Fisher-Harris - Watch price drops but not the best byes. Likely only low to mid 40s
    Curran - First two weeks played big minutes but both games have had low minute injuries to help. Maybe next week
    Mann - Same as Curran
    Duncan - If he ever gets an actual start, otherwise is irrelevant
    Fainu - Good start, one to watch but that's it for now

EDG

Fifita - Late season keeper
    Olakau'atu - Think he elevates to top EDG option but think he also plays Origin
    Cartwright - 50ish keeper option but no value
    Bateman - Watch price
    Papali'i - Watch price
    Hosking - Irrelevant now benched
    Katoa - Close eye on him
    Nikora - Watch price drops given sin bin game
    Koloamatangi - If Souths improve, but think he plays Origin
    Finefeuiaki - Watch this week to see workrate and minutes

HLF

Hynes - R13 captain if he misses Origin
    Cherry-Evans - Late season keeper
    Johnson - Watch price drops
    Munster - Late season keeper
    Moses - Watch price drops. R4 buy option against Tigers
    Brown - Watch price drops - good bye option
    Fogarty - Likely miss due to Moses price levelling
    Wighton - If he gets DPP and if Souths improve
    Katoa - If remains dominant half

CTR

Gagai - Late season keeper. Maybe Origin
    Tago - Overpriced for now
    Garrick - If he ever gets another start at FB but seems Koula is now preferred
    Holmes - Late season keeper
    Manu - Origin period buy
    May - Good DPP option, should remain around the same price
    Farnworth - Big, big fan. Targeting for R5 v Tigers. No DPP though
    Tuivasa-Sheck - Probably only if he ever goes to FB
    Lomax - If he goes to CTR
    Cobbo - Think he has a lower floor than someone like May but can go equally as big. Likely Origin
    Tabuai-Fidow - Same as Cobbo
    Timoko - Good bye option
    Crichton - If he ever goes FB and if Dogs improve
    Simonsson - Watch price drops then buy as DPP EMG or new coin goat

WFB

Mitchell - Late season keeper
    Ponga - Late season keeper but price dropping rapidly. May miss Origin
    Tedesco - May miss Origin but looks much better this year. Likely bringing in this week as need a WFB
    Drinkwater - Late season option, unlikely to repeat 2023 heights
    Walsh - Late season option
    Marzhew - Watch price drops and if Knights improve
    Gutherson - Origin buy when he gets to low 500k
    Campbell - Buy once starting, can wait a week
    Addo-Carr - Wait for price to bottom out due to injury and then buy as coin goat
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:49 am

No Terrell May?
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:50 am

Rabbits21 wrote:No Terrell May?

He has May mate. My thoughts were

"Wow, no Best mate?" on his CTR list, but otherwise a good read Cool
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:59 am

Rabbits21 wrote:No Terrell May?

Got him last week

Also not that interested in Best as his floor is a lot lower than other options

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:39 pm