NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Rhinooooo

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Rhinooooo - Page 3 Empty Re: Rhinooooo

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:51 am

Oh dear. Not good. A third score in the 750s and no rank movement.

Probably have to think of the next two weeks' trades in tandem. Will need a wing for Kini who can then play centre... Kris seems the most sensible option, Tyrone May the luxury one. Should go sensible. Then... yet again... time to bring Terrell May in, Luki out

Week after cash to upgrade Levi to some sort of cut price keeper. Maybe to EKatoa with his bye out of the way, maybe to KPP.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:36 pm

I suggest trading in Tommy Talau and Ezra Mam...

Good luck in your L1 H2H match up
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:18 am

Er, right. I don't know. Maybe Luki and Kini/Piakura to Terrell and KPP. Don't absolutely need to get in a WFB because I'll be playing 16 anyway. Holding Cleary for now.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:23 am

Sound like decent trades, put your whole team up (how much cash do you have?).
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:06 am

Jele wrote:Sound like decent trades, put your whole team up (how much cash do you have?).

I have 450k before those trades, 150k after (actually going to trade Piakura. Kini to Talagi next week if he looks any good, plus Wong to someone.)

Team is a fucking mess, 16 this week after trades, Captain Carrigan or Turbo

Cheese
    Carrigan May Smithies
    KPP Tups
    Hunt Galvin
    Burbo Strange
    Turbo Rapana (Paps)
    Lussick Salmon Levi Hughes
    (Wong, Chan, Kini, Cleary)
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

I have 450k before those trades, 150k after (actually going to trade Piakura. Kini to Talagi next week if he looks any good, plus Wong to someone.)

Team is a fucking mess, 16 this week after trades, Captain Carrigan or Turbo

Cheese
    Carrigan May Smithies
    KPP Tups
    Hunt Galvin
    Burbo Strange
    Turbo Rapana (Paps)
    Lussick Salmon Levi Hughes
    (Wong, Chan, Kini, Cleary)

Luki to Terrell
    Piakura to KPP

I really like those trades mate strong ones. Good you already have Galvin too.

I see you have Hunt is that Ben Hunt? If so I never saw the appeal on him sorry. Your mids are very good obviously might need to sell Smithies in a week or 2. You still have Shitili like me I see. Back 3 is very good of yours I like it. Lussick, Salmon, Hughes I have all them. And your emgs same issues as me.

Guess we can only look at things 1-2 weeks at a time.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:05 am

Rabbits21 wrote:

Luki to Terrell
    Piakura to KPP

I really like those trades mate strong ones. Good you already have Galvin too.

I see you have Hunt is that Ben Hunt? If so I never saw the appeal on him sorry. Your mids are very good obviously might need to sell Smithies in a week or 2. You still have Shitili like me I see. Back 3 is very good of yours I like it. Lussick, Salmon, Hughes I have all them. And your emgs same issues as me.

Guess we can only look at things 1-2 weeks at a time.

Yeah, I took a flyer on Hunt over Fogarty, hasn't worked out as yet but hardly my most pressing issue.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:08 pm

Not the best situation to be in but solid trades - hope this week goes welll
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:55 pm

Oh dear, bad to worse. Forced to take calculated gambles now to get back on track or go further off rails.

Backing Aitken to keep his place and fix up my centres. Priced at 43, 2RF average 51. Issue with job security obviously but that's for future me.

Wong (yes I still have Wong) to Aitken
    Kini (yes, I still have Kini) to Talagi

Sitili and one of the other schlubs out next week

Cheese
    (C)arrigan May Smithies
    KPP Salmon
    Hunt Strange
    Aitken Talagi
    Papi Turbo Rapana
    Lussick Levi Shoes (Galvin)
    Sitili Burbo (Cleary) (Chan)

Ugh
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:07 pm

I think Aitken could be another headache as soon as next week if Lemmy is back, note sure it's worth the risk.

Does DBrown instead of Aitken mean you can play Strange CTR rather than HLF?
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:03 pm

Agree with Ando,

Think Brown outscores Aitken and lets you see him named next week. Don't hate the gamble that he's surpassed Null Null but feels a tad risky and lower upside play (both points and $s).
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:48 pm

Cap'n Ranta wrote:Agree with Ando,

Think Brown outscores Aitken and lets you see him named next week. Don't hate the gamble that he's surpassed Null Null but feels a tad risky and lower upside play (both points and $s).

I would absolutely agree with you if I'd started the season reasonably, but picking up the players everyone else is getting in the same week they're getting them isn't going to cut it for me at the moment, unfortunately.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:34 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

I would absolutely agree with you if I'd started the season reasonably, but picking up the players everyone else is getting in the same week they're getting them isn't going to cut it for me at the moment, unfortunately.
    But picking those players and keeping within striking distance will hold you in good stead around origin time to make big ranks over the major bye rounds. Look how far back I am too but it’s a marathon not a sprint. I’m sure there are some that were ranked like 40k at this time last year that still made the top 300.

I wouldn’t get Aitken either Lemu be back soon.

Pod plays could just set you further back if it doesn’t come off. Pick who scores most. And think cash gen how do I build better cash gen
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:14 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Oh dear, bad to worse. Forced to take calculated gambles now to get back on track or go further off rails.

rhinoceroo wrote:

Rhinooooo - Page 3 NYG0Dx3

I'd be careful about falling further behind by making riskier and riskier plays. Every time one doesn't come off you feel like you have to go riskier on the next one

You will absolutely make up ground over origin just be actively managing your team with even half an eye towards byes and origin players. And missing good players because other people had them for 1 week longer than you is not a winning strategy
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:53 am

I agree with Milch on this.

At this point it's better to stick to the process; pick the players that you think provide the best value/upside/outcome for your team irrespective of what anyone/everyone else is doing.

I can't recall a more disastrous start for myself ever (currently rank 40k) - so you're in a better place than me (about 50 points ahead), but I still think the worst thing you can do right now is over-react and make high-risk low-upside plays.
    In reality you're only about 200 points behind 1000th, and less than 300 behind 100th - you can easily make up a couple of hundred points across the byes, and things can change quickly.

I do think for myself the benched Cook trading play was an over-reaction fear of falling further behind and we know how that has turned out.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:49 am

God, please don't bring up Cook.

I do agree with both of you but there are a couple of extra dynamics for Aitken over Brown... the price difference means I can turn Sitili into someone more useful next week, and also I need a centre scorer far more than I need a half, other than this week. (Holding Cleary and Galvin, also have Hunt, which wasn't the smartest move over Fogarty but he's still scoring ok.)

The gamble with Aitken isn't whether he's value if playing. Priced 41, average 51 in 2RF, he's as much value as Brown and in a trickier position and with no imminent byes (have two other Eels currently). It's whether he keeps his place. If he doesn't, it's an extra trade - that's the worst case scenario. Best case, I've brought in a season keeper, which I'm not sure Brown is, so that's ultimately an extra trade too somewhere down the line.

Certainly won't be blindly going for a pods only strategy to get things back on track, but this one sort of makes sense for me, I think, while also having risk attatched.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:08 am

Consider me a convert - I like it
    If he keeps the role he's elite in the position, with one bye out of the way and will be super handy for R13, 16, 17, 19 and 20

Plus, the Dolphins seem like one of the better teams in attack - especially around the edges, I think there's some chance that he could net a few extra attacking upside points over his historical edge average.

I guess the big question is whether it's worth waiting a week (Lemuelu might be back next week?) - just note that Aitken has 3 games at 2nd row for the phins and all coincide with Lemuelu out - makes it feel like high-risk high-reward, but 1 week could maybe provide clarity? (Casualty ward has him back R6, NRLphysio estimates 6-8 weeks)

Anyway, if you go for it I hope it ends up an inspired selection!

Last edited by easytiger on Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:15 am; edited 2 times in total
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:13 am

Rhino sucks
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:17 am

Mulvy wrote:Rhino sucks

Enjoy your ban! Oh wait....