NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Rhinooooo

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Rhinooooo - Page 2 Empty Re: Rhinooooo

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:49 am

Got Luki instead of Smithies in the end, which may or may not have been the right thing to do.

Fairly sure this is my final, final, final R1 team, unless I need to downgrade someone if there's an injury tomorrow or there's word that Sitili is long term. Can already see a looming problem with 18-21 cash gen, but hopefully that lot can kickstart themselves at home to the Tigers next week.

Cook
    Haas(c) Sitili Cheese
    Piakura Wong
    Cleary Hunt
    Burbo Kiraz
    Turbo Papi Rapana

Luki Salmon Chan Kini
    Strange Levi Hughes Cotric
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:17 am

Above team got 756, which is an ok start comparatively (11k overall but 8th in the FOG) but bench might be a bit of a mess.

Not sure if I'll trade this week, will post possibilities after teamlists. A lot depends on whether Sitili is actually injured and whether Cotric is named ahead of Hopoate.

Main regret so far is not starting with Smithies, think I may have screwed up a bit there with late tinkering. Also, Kini was a gamble that looks like it won't pay off, but possibly could hold as a loop this week.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:06 pm

Post teamlist, Cotric to Galvin I guess.

Itchy trigger finger for Kiraz to Smithies too. Points positive, I think, but positionally not so good for my squad.

Would like Duncan but inconvenient price. Nobody I'd trade down to him, can't afford to trade up to him, Sitili/Piakura would be sideways.

Think Strange is playable at centre going forward. Wouldn't be surprised if last week was his lowest score of the year as he beds in to the NRL. Would ideally wait a week before playing Galvin, or could loop with Chan, though I think Chan will be fine.

Gonna write down two possible squads, one with Kiraz trade one without, just to see what they look like.

1)

Cook
    Haas, Sitili, Cheese
    Piakura, Wong
    Cleary(c), Hunt
    Burbo, Kiraz
    Turbo, Papi, Rapana

Luki, Salmon, Chan (Kini)
    Strange, Galvin, Levi, Hughes

2)

Cook
    Haas, Sitili, Cheese
    Piakura, Wong
    Burbo, Strange
    Turbo, Papi, Rapana

Luki, Smithies, Salmon (Kini)
    Galvin, Chan, Levi, Hughes

Second looks stronger to me. First more balanced. Will probably leave it at the first with one fewer trade for now, but could ditch Kini if loop score terrible.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:23 pm

Don't think I'd be losing Kiraz, if Schuster pushes Brbo to the bench next week you'll have your hand forced.

You could probably wait a week on Cotric to Galvin also to make sure he plays again next week.

I think Smithies will be gold as you know, not fancy Sitili > Smithies, does Kini > Galvin give you the money to do it?
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:25 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Post teamlist, Cotric to Galvin I guess.

Itchy trigger finger for Kiraz to Smithies too. Points positive, I think, but positionally not so good for my squad.

Would like Duncan but inconvenient price. Nobody I'd trade down to him, can't afford to trade up to him, Sitili/Piakura would be sideways.

Think Strange is playable at centre going forward. Wouldn't be surprised if last week was his lowest score of the year as he beds in to the NRL. Would ideally wait a week before playing Galvin, or could loop with Chan, though I think Chan will be fine.

Gonna write down two possible squads, one with Kiraz trade one without, just to see what they look like.

1)

Cook
    Haas, Sitili, Cheese
    Piakura, Wong
    Cleary(c), Hunt
    Burbo, Kiraz
    Turbo, Papi, Rapana

Luki, Salmon, Chan (Kini)
    Strange, Galvin, Levi, Hughes

2)

Cook
    Haas, Sitili, Cheese
    Piakura, Wong
    Burbo, Strange
    Turbo, Papi, Rapana

Luki, Smithies, Salmon (Kini)
    Galvin, Chan, Levi, Hughes

Second looks stronger to me. First more balanced. Will probably leave it at the first with one fewer trade for now, but could ditch Kini if loop score terrible.

Looks like you forgot to list the halves in list 2. Is it still Cleary/Hunt?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:03 pm

OB wrote:

Looks like you forgot to list the halves in list 2. Is it still Cleary/Hunt?

Yes!

After a bit of thought, probably stick with one trade and option one. With Kini in 17 and Galvin/Strange in 18 if the 18 really stinks (like, sub-20) might go Kini to someone, but deal with that as it comes.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:28 am

Ando wrote:Don't think I'd be losing Kiraz, if Schuster pushes Brbo to the bench next week you'll have your hand forced.

You could probably wait a week on Cotric to Galvin also to make sure he plays again next week.

I think Smithies will be gold as you know, not fancy Sitili > Smithies, does Kini > Galvin give you the money to do it?

No, that doesn't do it. And I don't think Sitili is a sell either.

Maybe I'm just trying too hard to overcorrect on late decision to go Luki.over Smithies. But Luki isn't an option to sell... maybe he will be in a week or too if he's not gifted tries.

I'll probably pull trigger on Kiraz to Smithies *if* Kiraz is shifted to wing with Xerri in 18 (Tracey to fullback. Might happen in Ciraldo has any sense) but if that doesn't happen will just have to get on late.

Good point on Schuster/Burbo, though if that happens there's always Luki to Kiraz!
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:41 pm

Yeah I like those moves. The ideal scenario is Kiraz gets the centre/wing hybrid role Cotric had a few years back. Should give him a 65 AVG.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:54 pm

Ando wrote:Yeah I like those moves. The ideal scenario is Kiraz gets the centre/wing hybrid role Cotric had a few years back. Should give him a 65 AVG.

Imagine how much ball he'd get on that side. They wouldn't have to use that dud Crichton at all.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:44 pm

You confident Galvin keeps the spot mate? Can you not use Cotric as a loop this week or you have Kini too? If so I guess your options are yep either Galvin or Talau
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:19 am

Gonna make some dumb trades this week to set up some potentially good trades next week. Because that always work, right? #fun
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:59 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Gonna make some dumb trades this week to set up some potentially good trades next week. Because that always work, right? #fun

And they are......? The suspense is killing me!
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:05 am

756. Same as last week! And yet somehow a lot worse than next week.

Scoring problems were the Luki injury and underperfoning guns. Nobody was actively terrible, but when my expensive players underperform (down week from Haas, very very down week from sin-binned Cook, Turbo again looking like he could get a huge score but not getting a huge score) coupled with *not* having the expensive players like Hop, Yeo, Hynes who *did8 fire, rank is going to tumble. And it has, out from around 10k to around 20k.

Last week's trades were Kiraz and Cotric to Smithies and Galvin. Matter of rebalancing my team really. Too much to tie up for a centre playing centre (or wing) on a bad team when there are base price guys playing edge and 5/8th who can play there instead. Plan was to bring in Kris for Kini this coming week, but that can be delayed... not just because of Kris HIA but because there are *so many other problems*. Will still need someone for R4 WFB cover and general CTR cover though.

Luki to Finefeuiaki seems a pretty like-for-like trade that'll also net about 200k... so there's that to do.

Then, as many people will be doing, solve the Roosters forward problem by buying a Roosters forward. Wong looks better than Sititli on eye-test at the moment, so he can stay. Cheese is still holding value even playing 46 fucking minutes so will hold until Robbo randomly plays him for 80 between hooker and lock with Radley playing 35 or whatever the fuck is next there.

Anyway, I digress. Sitili for Terrell May. Still leaves enough for Levi or Kini to Kris next week, or whatever other move takes precedence.

If Campbell back (doubt he will be), fine holding Kini for a week as a loop. Hope Haas isn't a loop as well.

Cook a bit of a worry (eye test again) but will just have to ride the price drops until the bye at least. Hunt over Fogarty was probably a stupid decision pre-season (Dragons will be better and Raiders will be worse, right?) but he still pulled out a 36 (DCE got a 39!) playing appallingly. Hope I catch one of his 80+ weeks soon. Like Hunt, Rapana is looking damned old too. At least he's saving his scores with increasingly unlikely tries. So is Danny Levi, I suppose, although "saving" is doing a lot of work there. Need an exit strategy on both. And on Salmon.

Other than that, EVERYtHING IS GOOD

Probable team until TLT

Cook
    Haas, Smithies, TMay
    Piakura, Wong
    Cleary, Hunt
    Burbo, Strange
    Turbo, Papi, Rapana

Cheese, Finefe, Galvin, Chan
    Salmon, Levi, Kini, Hughes
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:55 am

Having a browse through this seems we share some similar problems and thoughts.
    Not going to panic on cheese or Wong.
    Purchased an insurance policy for cook last week (Lussick) as the vegas score masked some issues

Rapana seems to be playing part injured part knackered so has saved his score 2 weeks in a row
    The Tohu Harris of backs haha.

You will bounce back, just the usual steps of priority fixes that you make each year
    The luki injury is a glass half full as at least he gives you some upgrade money for Sitili

All the best for the season
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:16 am

Boozecluez wrote:Having a browse through this seems we share some similar problems and thoughts.
    Not going to panic on cheese or Wong.
    Purchased an insurance policy for cook last week (Lussick) as the vegas score masked some issues

Rapana seems to be playing part injured part knackered so has saved his score 2 weeks in a row
    The Tohu Harris of backs haha.

You will bounce back, just the usual steps of priority fixes that you make each year
    The luki injury is a glass half full as at least he gives you some upgrade money for Sitili

All the best for the season

Cheers. and to you! Hynes in particular could be a great boost for you over the next few weeks.

Yeah, early signs it could be a year too far for the indestructible Damien Cook, but without sin-bin would still have been a 38 plus 10 extra minutes, so mid 40s not appalling for a down week. Have some bigger issues than Cook right now though.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:03 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:756. Same as last week! And yet somehow a lot worse than next week.

Scoring problems were the Luki injury and underperfoning guns. Nobody was actively terrible, but when my expensive players underperform (down week from Haas, very very down week from sin-binned Cook, Turbo again looking like he could get a huge score but not getting a huge score) coupled with *not* having the expensive players like Hop, Yeo, Hynes who *did8 fire, rank is going to tumble. And it has, out from around 10k to around 20k.

Last week's trades were Kiraz and Cotric to Smithies and Galvin. Matter of rebalancing my team really. Too much to tie up for a centre playing centre (or wing) on a bad team when there are base price guys playing edge and 5/8th who can play there instead. Plan was to bring in Kris for Kini this coming week, but that can be delayed... not just because of Kris HIA but because there are *so many other problems*. Will still need someone for R4 WFB cover and general CTR cover though.

Luki to Finefeuiaki seems a pretty like-for-like trade that'll also net about 200k... so there's that to do.

Then, as many people will be doing, solve the Roosters forward problem by buying a Roosters forward. Wong looks better than Sititli on eye-test at the moment, so he can stay. Cheese is still holding value even playing 46 fucking minutes so will hold until Robbo randomly plays him for 80 between hooker and lock with Radley playing 35 or whatever the fuck is next there.

Anyway, I digress. Sitili for Terrell May. Still leaves enough for Levi or Kini to Kris next week, or whatever other move takes precedence.

If Campbell back (doubt he will be), fine holding Kini for a week as a loop. Hope Haas isn't a loop as well.

Cook a bit of a worry (eye test again) but will just have to ride the price drops until the bye at least. Hunt over Fogarty was probably a stupid decision pre-season (Dragons will be better and Raiders will be worse, right?) but he still pulled out a 36 (DCE got a 39!) playing appallingly. Hope I catch one of his 80+ weeks soon. Like Hunt, Rapana is looking damned old too. At least he's saving his scores with increasingly unlikely tries. So is Danny Levi, I suppose, although "saving" is doing a lot of work there. Need an exit strategy on both. And on Salmon.

Other than that, EVERYtHING IS GOOD

Probable team until TLT

Cook
    Haas, Smithies, TMay
    Piakura, Wong
    Cleary, Hunt
    Burbo, Strange
    Turbo, Papi, Rapana

Cheese, Finefe, Galvin, Chan
    Salmon, Levi, Kini, Hughes

Teamlists changes things a bit. Still set on Luki to Finefe, but probbaly will trade out Wong rather than Sitili and to Cotter rather than Termaynator. That last decision is horrible, making May a very hard watch, but maybe Robbo can do me a favour with minutes for a change. Ready for a late change if the Roosters team changes too.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:22 pm

Actually, maybe I'll get May not Cotter. #rabbitsshower
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:51 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Actually, maybe I'll get May not Cotter. #rabbitsshower
    Rabbits toilet session currently catching up on fantasy stuff then shortly a Rabbits shower!
    Legit what I’m doing.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:19 pm

Haas out makes Haas/Luki sells unavoidable.

Three options:

1) Straighforward point scoring trades to Carrigan & May +130k

2) Nicho-chasing move: Hynes & Finefeuaki +200k

3) Play the BEs with May & Finefeuaki + 600k to get falling guns in coming weeks
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:05 pm

Went Haas to Carrigan. Second trade will either be Cook or Luki to Lussick depending on a convoluted loop. Have to wait/miss out on original targets of TerMaynator and Finefeiuaki.

Interesting challenge ahead of how to fix Wong, Luki/Cook, Sitili, Levi, Kini, Salmon, Shoes. Team is fairly fucked but have mass bank, so onwards towards the light...

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:07 pm