NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 81 - Can the last green dot please turn off the lights

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 81 - Can the last green dot please turn off the lights - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 81 - Can the last green dot please turn off the lights

Post by robelgordo Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:01 pm

Roosters - Corey Allans time to shine!
    Billy Smith, Suallii out. Manu going to be given until late to prove fitness, but since it's re-aggravting the same hammy I don't like his chances
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 81 - Can the last green dot please turn off the lights - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 81 - Can the last green dot please turn off the lights

Post by The Bludger#2 Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:05 pm

Moanaman wrote:@The Bludger#2 Are you going for Rabbits title of most Biased poster?

That's a mountain that would be too high for me to climb mate.

Coffee
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:17 pm

I see Jack Wighton is already reconsidering his retirement from rep football, as a method to use up his impending game suspensions.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:52 pm

easytiger wrote:I see Jack Wighton is already reconsidering his retirement from rep football, as a method to use up his impending game suspensions.

The prevailing narrative seems to have shifted towards Gamble getting blamed for complaining about being bitten....be surprised if he's not rubbed out for this weekend's match against the Warriors Very Happy
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:29 pm

Great to see a couple of Rookies doing well (but also a bit of an indictment on their respective clubs);

Bulldogs
    Player of the year, Coaches award and Rookie of the year: Jacob Preston*

*they seem to have forgotten that he was also one of the cash cows of the year

Wests Tigers
    Player of the year, Player's player award, Rookie of the year: Jahream Bula*

*Should keep in mind what happened to the Tigers last player of the year (Joe Ofahengaue )

Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:43 pm

How to help your case at the judiciary

Under cross examination by Knowles, Wighton agreed that the game is physically tough.

Knowles said it was a “pretty ordinary tackle, wasn’t it”.

Wighton replied: “What do you mean. How many games of rugby league have you played?”
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:09 pm

How did Koroisau not get player of the year for the Tigers?

Bula had some good games and shows promise, but Koroisau was our team this year, especially after Brooks went down
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:00 pm

Wighton guilty of biting. Suspension still pending.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:25 pm

Aardvark wrote:

The prevailing narrative seems to have shifted towards Gamble getting blamed for complaining about being bitten....be surprised if he's not rubbed out for this weekend's match against the Warriors Very Happy

6.58pm - Ghabar said that Gamble was not present to follow through with his onfield complaint and questioned his motive.

“Canberra was leading by 20 points. Bear in mind this was the opposition’s best player," he said.

“Whether it was a sin bin or send off, he was seeking to gain an advantage."
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:26 pm

Anyway prosecution has asked for 4 weeks, defence has said 2, so it’ll end up 3 weeks.

Character reference from Mal Meninga just to add to the lols.

EDIT: hadn’t refreshed, it was already 3 weeks. Apparently the test matches count, which is a pretty big reach
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:57 am

robelgordo wrote:

6.58pm - Ghabar said that Gamble was not present to follow through with his onfield complaint and questioned his motive.

“Canberra was leading by 20 points. Bear in mind this was the opposition’s best player," he said.

“Whether it was a sin bin or send off, he was seeking to gain an advantage."

And here's me thinking that Joe Tapine won the Meninga Medal for being Canberra's best player...

I'd also think it's pretty typical for a player preparing for a knock-out final to not attend a judiciary hearing where they're not on trial.

Some of the arguments I read in these hearings seem so tenuous, I find myself saying "really?... really, is that the direction you want to go to make your case?"

Probably best just to stick to hauling out #respectedPlayer to say "it's not his go"
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:30 am

easytiger wrote:

And here's me thinking that Joe Tapine won the Meninga Medal for being Canberra's best player...

I'd also think it's pretty typical for a player preparing for a knock-out final to not attend a judiciary hearing where they're not on trial.

Some of the arguments I read in these hearings seem so tenuous, I find myself saying "really?... really, is that the direction you want to go to make your case?"

Probably best just to stick to hauling out #respectedPlayer to say "it's not his go"

They should play games on Tuesday night and livestream the judiciary at 7.50pm on Friday Very Happy
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:02 am

easytiger wrote:

Gamble not testifying to prepare for final, but also the weird rugby league omerta where he would be a villain despite being the victim if he did, only for the defence to accuse him of making it up anyway.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:11 am

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 81 - Can the last green dot please turn off the lights - Page 49 7yxpux
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:53 am

easytiger wrote:

They tacked the 'Its not his go' defence on the end as part of Big Mal's character reference but......

Moreover, the panel took the view that player Wighton’s record, whilst not
    an aggravating factor, did not assist him

It's all pretty funny and no one was really hurt but you shouldn't attempt to cannibalise your fellow players
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:18 pm

It's not his go!*

*4 previous offences just this season, plus the late shot on Ponga ignored by MRC

The situation where every ex-pro and ambulance chasing hack in media has to make that qualifier is pretty redundant

I don't think there's a player in RL where you'd go "well actually it is his go to bite people" so what's the point?
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:34 pm

It's just the cop-out weak position they seem to fall back to when they know they can't claim that the player has a clean sheet.

The whole "Wighton’s record, whilst not an aggravating factor, did not assist him" is kind've like the jury saying that while we can't say it is his go, we probably can't say it's not either...
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:34 pm

robelgordo wrote:It's not his go!*

*4 previous offences just this season, plus the late shot on Ponga ignored by MRC

The situation where every ex-pro and ambulance chasing hack in media has to make that qualifier is pretty redundant

I don't think there's a player in RL where you'd go "well actually it is his go to bite people" so what's the point?

I'm curious what would have happened if Gamble was accused of biting Wighton......its normally his type of go but in this instance it's definitely not his go....how many games have you played your honour?

Apparently the Raiders pushed to get it postponed until today....wonder if Jack had to curtail his Mad Monday activities to appear? which might be why he was a little cranky. History has shown Jack loves a bender.
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:35 pm

In other news; Paul Alamotti is heading to the Panthers.

I already get the feeling that losing SCritta is not even going to be a speed bump for them
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:36 pm

Aardvark wrote:

I'm curious what would have happened if Gamble was accused of biting Wighton......its normally his type of go but in this instance it's definitely not his go....how many games have you played your honour?

Apparently the Raiders  pushed to get it postponed until today....wonder if Jack had to curtail his Mad Monday activities to appear? which might be why he was a little cranky. History has shown Jack loves a bender.

A bender is his go

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:11 pm