NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

ELIMINATOR 2023

Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

ELIMINATOR 2023 - Page 5 Empty Re: ELIMINATOR 2023

Post by Boozecluez Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:20 am

filthridden wrote:

You can pretend you're up against me if you want. Booze can't really smack talk being #1 seed or he'll lose all that goodwill he's built Razz

ELIMINATOR 2023 - Page 5 Giphy
    Robertneville
    Robertneville

Post by Robertneville Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:17 am

standard-issue wrote:What a coincidink, the Round kicks off Thursday night with 2 deadset powerhouses meeting in Dragons v Tigers.

Robertneville and I go Head to Head in Eliminator...good luck mate, I'm cannon fodder.

And cheers for the match up last week Rabbit, some rough scores for your Gumbies made me look half decent.

My first time in the eliminator and I'm up against a mod Shocked I'm very up and down with scores week to week so should be close, good luck to you too.
    Robertneville
    Robertneville

Post by Robertneville Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:23 am

standard-issue wrote:
    I think that was the other red-n-white-rob mate, of the Gordo from Mexico persuasion, not the Aussie Neville variety.

WT Winfield wrote:
    Yeah Robelgordo is the one I meant haha, also a Dragons supporter. Another coincidence that they're both named Rob, but I've taken to calling Neville.. Neville or Nev.

standard-issue wrote:
    Believe it or not there is actually a 3rd Dragons supporter on here who is a Rob in real life, legit!

I won't name (due to privacy) and shame (being a Dragons supporter is enough...), but if he doesn't see this then I might PM him to see if he is happy to reveal it himself Laugh 3

Robert Neville is not my actual name, just a character from a book I like. I should've signed up here with my team name to make it less confusing lol! (Any way I can change it?)

To further the confusion and coincidences my real name actually really is Robert too, but I go by Bob Laughing
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:14 am

Big match up against the community team this week. At least I have an excuse when I lose @Danseels1985  Shitposting
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:57 pm

sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:03 pm

robelgordo wrote:^like that one

It's hard for me to get fired up at my opponent Saj this week, we've basically spent the week on L1 draft WhatsApp teaming up on B/L for failing to get past his first matchup.

It's really like when two tag partners have a match against each other. Expect lots of mutual respect, scientific holds, clean breaks and handshakes.

Will probably wait until Saturday night to throw him through the proverbial glass window.

Best of luck Rob Smile
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:14 pm

Moanaman wrote:Brutal! @FaringdonSwirl

Full credit to @multiple.scoregasms for that one.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:39 pm

Robertneville wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:
    I think that was the other red-n-white-rob mate, of the Gordo from Mexico persuasion, not the Aussie Neville variety.

WT Winfield wrote:
    Yeah Robelgordo is the one I meant haha, also a Dragons supporter. Another coincidence that they're both named Rob, but I've taken to calling Neville.. Neville or Nev.

standard-issue wrote:
    Believe it or not there is actually a 3rd Dragons supporter on here who is a Rob in real life, legit!

I won't name (due to privacy) and shame (being a Dragons supporter is enough...), but if he doesn't see this then I might PM him to see if he is happy to reveal it himself Laugh 3

Robert Neville is not my actual name, just a character from a book I like. I should've signed up here with my team name to make it less confusing lol! (Any way I can change it?)

To further the confusion and coincidences my real name actually really is Robert too, but I go by Bob Laughing

If you want your username changed we can do it for you.

Just realised who Robert Neville is and had no idea the book was written 50 years prior to the movie!
    Robertneville
    Robertneville

Post by Robertneville Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:53 pm

standard-issue wrote:

Just realised who Robert Neville is and had no idea the book was written 50 years prior to the movie!
    Cheers, I won't bother with a name change for now, maybe next year before pre-season begins.

I Am Legend has actually been made into movies at least 3 times over the decades since release with the Will Smith version surprisingly being the most book accurate, until the ending which was changed and ruined the whole point of the book; Yhere is a deleted scene on the DVD with a better ending which was changed for the theatrical release because test audiences didn't like it.

Although the monsters in the book are vampires the story goes into great detail describing scientific ways in which the disease infects people through bacterial infections and the like which caused a global pandemic there are different types of vampires and some of them act more like what we would now attribute as zombies.

I Am Legend has become to zombies what Bram Stokers Dracula is to vampires in that virtually all modern interpretations can be traced back to it. George A Romero who made Night of the Living Dead, the film which introduced zombies to the mainstream was always open about taking liberally from the book himself.

Anyway, thank you for listening to my 5th grade book report.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:36 pm

Robertneville wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

Cheers, I won't bother with a name change for now, maybe next year before pre-season begins.

I Am Legend has actually been made into movies at least 3 times over the decades since release with the Will Smith version surprisingly being the most book accurate, until the ending which was changed and ruined the whole point of the book; Yhere is a deleted scene on the DVD with a better ending which was changed for the theatrical release because test audiences didn't like it.

Although the monsters in the book are vampires the story goes into great detail describing scientific ways in which the disease infects people through bacterial infections and the like which caused a global pandemic there are different types of vampires and some of them act more like what we would now attribute as zombies.

I Am Legend has become to zombies what Bram Stokers Dracula is to vampires in that virtually all modern interpretations can be traced back to it. George A Romero who made Night of the Living Dead, the film which introduced zombies to the mainstream was always open about taking liberally from the book himself.

Anyway, thank you for listening to my 5th grade book report.

Very interesting that the last remake was the most accurate.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:10 pm

Snatchpato wrote:MTB guess you're my next victim

Suuali you cant be serious. Tougher game last week against the bye for my lads
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:54 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:It's starting to feel like it's the year 1681 again  Wink

Work that one out people
    The beginning of the white race ?
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:09 am

my tv broke wrote:

Suuali you cant be serious. Tougher game last week against the bye for my lads
    6/376 an alright start for my lads, how was the bye doing this time last week?

Also I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:06 pm

Gareth Ellis disowning his son now

Next stop, adding another fake flamingo to the fun fact that there are more fake flamingos than real flamingos

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:35 pm

I should be able to update this pretty quick after shop opens tomorrow. Seems like some cracking matchups and great scores from the main thread chatter.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:50 pm

Out in the first round, again….. Congratulations Pacey
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:10 pm

@Robertneville I Am Legend. Haven’t read the book, or seen the movie(guessing I’m missing out) but, fittingly, I am the legend that will be taking a top 20 scalp in our upcoming matchup.

Also, I identify as a virus and it’s your mission to cure the remaining Eliminator contestants of my presence. All the best this week!
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:40 pm

ROUND 1 RESULTS AND ROUND 2 DRAW
    With the byes out of the way, all the big guns joined the action. And it was cows and coin goats being shot down left, right, and centre. 26/32 top seeds won, with the highest seed to crash out 11th.

17 players hit four-figures, and 16 won...

BRANDON AND SANDON BRACKET
    ELIMINATOR 2023 - Page 5 Elim2314

Top seed Boozecluez (AKA the artist formerly known as ContrastingHobby formerly known as Boozecluez) was untroubled, although might face stiffer competition next week in former Eliminator champ awanamafia

Congrats to Bish's Beast (UKJC - semi-finalist last year) for getting the highest eliminator score this week at 1065. WT Winfield wasn't behind with 1062. Congrats also to California Kings (Rooster Booster) the lowest remaining seed in the draw after an impressive 1023.

I proved nice guys finish last by beating Saj.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:44 pm

MING AND JING BRACKET

ELIMINATOR 2023 - Page 5 Elim2315

All the favourites win.

Although there was a chance... Green Schist sneaking through with a 946 and will have to lift his game next week against the_great_wobbler, who is looking, uh, not wobbly.

Other matches for next round:
    Chucky v Aardvark
    ytsb v Mulvy
    ForanAgainst v robertneville

Looking forward to good banter and great scores!
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:52 pm

NUTCHER AND EUTCHER BRACKETS

ELIMINATOR 2023 - Page 5 Elim2316

A second 1003 in a row eased Easy Tiger into next week, where he will face Wolfking, who won the battle between the only 2 Coen Hess pun related teams in the FOG

Only upset in the bracket was Faringdon Swirl winning against the entire community

Pacey's claimed the highest seeded scalp this week, but now has his hand full with Milchcow, who dominated this week with 1043.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:38 pm