NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 55 - Big red and the KP comeback

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 55 - Big red and the KP comeback - Page 17 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 55 - Big red and the KP comeback

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun May 28, 2023 1:54 pm

Shady2K wrote:For those that don’t have Nikora/IPap/Bateman - how are you ranking them?

Struggling to split them at current value. Could be one to wait til last minute to swoop?

I traded in Ipap last week and still think he is the best of the bunch

Bateman has the highest ceiling, we have seen him as a genuine captaincy option before (although a different team and a few years ago)

Nikora feels a step below the other two but on a bit of a hot streak in a red hot attacking team. Really good line runner playing in one of the best teams in the comp so could score a few tries and make me look silly

Ipap hasn't done anything of note yet and is still averaging more than Nikora's previous career high
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 55 - Big red and the KP comeback - Page 17 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 55 - Big red and the KP comeback

Post by Shady2K Sun May 28, 2023 1:58 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I traded in Ipap last week and still think he is the best of the bunch

Bateman has the highest ceiling, we have seen him as a genuine captaincy option before (although a different team and a few years ago)

Nikora feels a step below the other two but on a bit of a hot streak in a red hot attacking team. Really good line runner playing in one of the best teams in the comp so could score a few tries and make me look silly

Ipap hasn't done anything of note yet and is still averaging more than Nikora's previous career high

Yeah IPap makes the most sense. I’ll prob just wait until r16 and make a choice then, don’t think either will be out of reach and might even drop cash (especially with ipap’s 30 score last week)
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun May 28, 2023 2:01 pm

easytiger wrote:

It's definitely a marathon not a sprint, and at some point we will have a carnage round.

I do think it's a real pity that Booze misses an extra 32 points due to the 13 cap. Having finally arrived at the bye, I think if you can put up higher numbers, it would've been good to see teams benefit (Rob getting Granville for instance), but it's what it is.

I'm sticking with 12 this week in the end, hope the trade is more useful to me in the coming weeks

They would have benefited but then others would have went even harder to field more

With my 10 I was even lucky to get 67 between Ale and Hands, could have been 20. Taken a fall though, from 491 now down to 946.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sun May 28, 2023 2:06 pm

It does feel like playing 13 only has levelled a bit, at least for this first major bye round.

Feels like in the past I’d make decent gains with 13-14 out of 17, now 12/13 doesn’t seem to move the needle much

But it might take effect more in the next two, plus 14/17/20

Personally I’m pretty stuffed for 16 and 20 without some sideways trading

Last edited by robelgordo on Sun May 28, 2023 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sun May 28, 2023 2:06 pm

Genderbender wrote:

I’m new buddy…..
    Took a while for most but yeah….

I don’t know any of you from a bar of soap and I found great things on here like fantasy statistics and Yaffs.
    But I started here in the offseason and seen people putting up starting teams in assistant coach with Bird and Suli as their starting centres….. so yeah figured there was a bit of “how ya goin” here…..

I’ve got a “play” team and a serious one….
    When I realised it was a crime against humanity to not join FOGS I told everyone what what my real team was…..

Weppo’s Winners… told you specifically…. Asking again…. Sure

I spent the the first few months getting treated like Rabs….
    Still to this day don’t know who the fuck it it is but realised two things

1- he has a big pool
    2- most of you don’t like him

Unfortunately the second one is the hardest one….
    Was treated like a piece of shit from a lot (not all) but enough to realise you hated the guy I was accused of being him….

That’s the honesty from my side….

You care to share?
    Can you be truly honest?

You bitched out… people gave you a hard time and apparently you’ve been here while?
    You were quiet until you were up, now you project “fun” as the same decision that everyone makes when playing this game.
    We’re all having fun mate, don’t be a bitch. It’s cowardly to make it sound like you’re picking guys out of pure fun where as the rest of us nerds are losing sleep crunching numbers….
    Own the shit…. Moping and modestly shouldn’t be the only two mandated moods in the forum….
    if you haven’t figured it out by now, I’ll call anyone out and I see right through this
    You’re trying just as hard as anyone, and being completely fake doing it

I think I was Rabs once too - even though I was not - Rabs was a dick and I think people are justified in not wanting him to come back - I think there were a few instances of Rabs respawning as well

I like the idea of reinventing myself each season and have done so a few times while flying under the radar - unfortunately Rabs killed off that capacity

If it is any consolation, you certainly do not appear to be new - and I think everyone is curious as to the name of your last account?
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Sun May 28, 2023 2:12 pm

I must say... making alt accounts (and staying alt when the jig is up especially) is particularly strange behaviour on an anonymous make believe fantasy game forum
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sun May 28, 2023 2:23 pm

ytsb wrote:I must say... making alt accounts (and staying alt when the jig is up especially) is particularly strange behaviour on an anonymous make believe fantasy game forum

not so strange when you don't know how to login to your old account - I think people getting their knickers in a knot about the identity of an alt is equally strange - but I will keep that in mind the next time if I ever give it another go. To be frank I don't know how people maintain two accounts at once. I waste enough time using one Laughing

There are a few accounts that it would be quite fun to wake up from the dead for old times sake

Imagine if there was a site that could do an alt genealogy (including the various MODALTS that exist). That would be more fun than YAFSS
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Sun May 28, 2023 2:41 pm

robelgordo wrote:It does feel like playing 13 only has levelled a bit, at least for this first major bye round.

Feels like in the past I’d make decent gains with 13-14 out of 17, now 12/13 doesn’t seem to move the needle much

Managing the bye period almost always involves a degree of sideways trading. The trick is whether you can accumulate squad value during the process, while simultaneously migrating towards a decent end game squad
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sun May 28, 2023 2:41 pm

Chewie wrote:

Quite a few coaches are prepared for this bye round, I'm pretty confident that round 16 and 19 will be a different story

I had 13 players this week and based on my current team list I will have 11 for R16 and and 12 for R19.

Unless there are mass player restings, I will also have 17 players for R14, R17, & R20.

I do only have 10 trades left though but I know that I can use them to trade in who I need to rather than who I need to get 13 players in the next bye round.

I do hope this helps me keep rising in the ranks. I have gone up 6,000 ranks this week or so thus far and I still have 3 players to come today
    syn13
    syn13

Post by syn13 Sun May 28, 2023 2:51 pm

robelgordo wrote:It does feel like playing 13 only has levelled a bit, at least for this first major bye round.

Is it because we’re playing 13 or is it because the new bye structure is more fantasy friendly? More teams playing and less teams on bye (10/7 vs 8/8 ), plus because of the way byes used to be set up, having good numbers in both byes required turning over damn near your entire team in 4 weeks, whereas now, the byes are spaced out over 7 rounds and there’s enough teams playing certain key rounds to be able to field good numbers with a lot less turnover

Post by Guest Sun May 28, 2023 2:56 pm

ytsb wrote:I must say... making alt accounts (and staying alt when the jig is up especially) is particularly strange behaviour on an anonymous make believe fantasy game forum

Who are you suggesting is an 'alt' and who is their 'main'?

Post by Guest Sun May 28, 2023 2:57 pm

Has there been an updated 'bye' squad by amateurs?
    Guessing that was a popular article
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sun May 28, 2023 3:07 pm

I guess the only other small advantage of fielding 13 (or 17) players in each round is the additional cash generation
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun May 28, 2023 3:07 pm

No changes to cut to 19, Mann replacement, Miller bench.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Sun May 28, 2023 3:07 pm

When is Brbo due back and will he be starting and is 13 trades left to do 1 more this week?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun May 28, 2023 3:11 pm

Loomer wrote:When is Brbo due back and will he be starting and is 13 trades left to do 1 more this week?

Kelma Tuilagi (facial fracture, Round 18)
    Ben Trbojevic (hamstring, indefinite)

Doesn't look good for Burbo.

Post by Guest Sun May 28, 2023 3:19 pm

syn13 wrote:

Is it because we’re playing 13 or is it because the new bye structure is more fantasy friendly? More teams playing and less teams on bye (10/7 vs 8/8 ), plus because of the way byes used to be set up, having good numbers in both byes required turning over damn near your entire team in 4 weeks, whereas now, the byes are spaced out over 7 rounds and there’s enough teams playing certain key rounds to be able to field good numbers with a lot less turnover

Hit the nail on it's head
    Everyone knew the pool of players they would need for the bye period, especially round 13
    There have been multiple articles and people talking about it non stop but some prefer to wait until it is too late

There were always going to be players who were on the cusp of origin too, it all came down to how many you wanted to gamble on
    Origin guns who would throw up a huge score and still people traded 2 solid players for the shiny new toy and an unplayable red dot
    Throw in injuries and some form and you only have yourself to blame if you didn't plan

Planning could have been as easy as "They play the first bye and are a kiwi so no origin"
    "I have 3 rd13 mids, will grab someone who plays the opposite ones for coverage"

Some people like to chase the shiny new cheap player every week with a bench role
    Or saw an origin gun score huge on week so trade hard and kill their depth to grab them.
    I am guessing this is reflected in their squad value or ranking

For people who held trades then they should be fine
    If you have a bye friendly team with a less trades for a few injuries/fixes then you should be ok as well
    Everyone else will just have to pray to the fantasy gods
    Syzy
    Syzy

Post by Syzy Sun May 28, 2023 3:23 pm

So what’s the guess for Miller’s minutes?

Wouldn’t expect more than 25 or so?
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Sun May 28, 2023 3:26 pm

Syzy wrote:So what’s the guess for Miller’s minutes?

Probably less, may not even get on the field unless an injury happens
    Could play a roving lock and ball play like mann does?
    I definitely wouldn't betting te whare the house on more that that
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun May 28, 2023 3:26 pm

Syzy wrote:So what’s the guess for Miller’s minutes?

If he is there as back up HOK 10-20 minutes max.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:24 am