NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

Welshy
    Welshy

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13 - Page 5 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:20 am

charliemurphy wrote:

I know. You were one of the guys who convinced me to pick him.

I have no idea what to do with my second trade, but I do need to do something. If you're convinced of Whitehead Ill back him

With that in mind:

Green --> Scott or LAM --> Whitehead?

LAM for Brenton Lawrence could be a go-er mate, he looked class in his stint against the tigers banks an extra $100,000+

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13 - Page 5 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:22 am

Archer wrote:
    Week 1 Feno made 40 tackles in 50min, Soli made a fair few as well that game. Whitehead still made 37.
    Edit: One of the biggest differences between his score with and without Feno was that he missed 3 less tackles (-6) the 2nd week. Something that I wouldn't attribute to the lack of Feno.

Yeah but both times hes scored less than the amount of tackles hes made. So the hope of him adding attacking stats is the only thing driving people to say hes going to do well? If you add Austin to that I think if anything it takes his opportunity for attacking stats away
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:27 am

Whitehead has a break even of 31. He should achieve that as he was able to do so in Week 1. There is no downside to holding Whitehead for another week or two. However if you are looking at trading him in, I would suggest you avoid him at the moment. As a Whitehead owner I am not confident in him scoring more than 35-45 points each week, so I see no reason why you might bring him in.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:29 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:

Yeah but both times hes scored less than the amount of tackles hes made. So the hope of him adding attacking stats is the only thing driving people to say hes going to do well? If you add Austin to that I think if anything it takes his opportunity for attacking stats away

He is purely adjusting to the NRL, 2 games in and scoring decently fantasy wise all from base stats, easy to come over and just stand there making tackles, much harder adjusting his attacking game to suit the NRL, it will come

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:31 am

Random wrote:Whitehead has a break even of 31. He should achieve that as he was able to do so in Week 1. There is no downside to holding Whitehead for another week or two. However if you are looking at trading him in, I would suggest you avoid him at the moment. As a Whitehead owner I am not confident in him scoring more than 35-45 points each week, so I see no reason why you might bring him in.

Yeah that's what im trying to say if you already have him great no reason to drop him. Same reason as im holding Grant until Tolman bottoms out a little. But I don't think hes offered anything to suggest he needs to be rushed in.

Last edited by Mighty Fishes on Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:32 am

Welshy wrote:

He is purely adjusting to the NRL, 2 games in and scoring decently fantasy wise all from base stats, easy to come over and just stand there making tackles, much harder adjusting his attacking game to suit the NRL, it will come

When are you bringing him in Welshy Razz
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:33 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:

He's demonstrated he has the attacking ability, he hasn't shown it yet in the NRL but I'm not sure how much of that is down to fatigue. It's a gamble yeah, though I personally don't think Austin will hold him back in any way. The reason I'm thinking this is that 1) it was his first year at 5/8 so I'm backing him to improve his passing game. 2) He is a fantastic support player, so when Whitehead does get an offload away there is a good chance of Austo converting it into a LB or Try (with Whitehead then getting the assist obviously). 3) Hodgson is in fine form so far, looking for him to hit Whitehead with the ball up near the line.

In saying that, I'm stupidly biased (I can't stress this enough, One eyed doesn't go close to describing me). I don't want to do a Welshy on you Razz. If you wan't to do more research have a look at what Papa's attacking stats were like from probably rd 6-18 last year, I haven't looked myself and am at work but he would have played outside Austin for most of that period IIRC.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:33 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:

When are you brining him in Welshy Razz

This week potentially
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:35 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:

Yeah that's what im trying to say if you already have him great no reason to drop him. Same reason as im holding Grant until Tolman bottoms out a little. But I don't think hes offered anything to suggest he needs to be rushed in.

Oh this is a fair call. I thought you were questioning why would you bring him in, period. As to why you would rush him in, probably no reason, would be more because you wan't to get rid of someone else or don't have any more urgent trades and suspect you might need 2 next week (so get in one you might be planning this week while you can). Even if he scores big this week he probably won't adjust by that much that you've missed the boat would he?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:36 am

Random wrote:Whitehead has a break even of 31. He should achieve that as he was able to do so in Week 1. There is no downside to holding Whitehead for another week or two. However if you are looking at trading him in, I would suggest you avoid him at the moment. As a Whitehead owner I am not confident in him scoring more than 35-45 points each week, so I see no reason why you might bring him in.

All he needs is one try carrying two guys over the line with him and his points will jump to 50-60. Give him a game that's not in hot conditions and I think he will get better and better
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:41 am

45 points is around $400,000 and his 42 last round was nearly all base stats, so making $ and scoring well

Its a gamble yes, but at this stage i wish i had started Whitehead over LAM at the start of the season, so that might be taking over my thinking a tad

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:45 am

Archer wrote:

Oh this is a fair call. I thought you were questioning why would you bring him in, period. As to why you would rush him in, probably no reason, would be more because you wan't to get rid of someone else or don't have any more urgent trades and suspect you might need 2 next week (so get in one you might be planning this week while you can). Even if he scores big this week he probably won't adjust by that much that you've missed the boat would he?

Yeah I probably didn't explain myself too well. The only players I see that's deemed "needed" to be rushed in are Graham and Teddy if you don't have them. They've shown plenty. Graham wont keep up his 60's I know but unless injury strikes I cant really see him scoring under 45. Teddy well hes just a beast no two ways about it in a quiet game he could score a 50 hes unbelievable to watch and imagine if he didn't have his severe leg injuries??

Whitehead may become a great but bringing him in after a 32 and a 42. Might as well bring in Gavet or Mataroa for less

I hope Whitehead be a good player im keen to see more players come from superleague I always wanted Sinfield too but unfortunately it wll never happen.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:48 am

I'm jumping on the Whitehead bandwagon aswell. Coming in for Bhana. Defence looked to get better after first half of round 1. Just needs to cut out those unnecessary dumb penalties and he will hit 45 with no attacking stats. Add the occasional try, linebreak, offload and tackle break he should hit 50 average very soon. If he is ever going to do it then it will be against the Knights
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:49 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:

That is really interesting, especially because I have been wondering what to do with Grant. How many weeks are you thinking it will take Tolman to bottom out? 2-3 Weeks? If so how much do you think the price difference will be between the two of them? I don't see Tolman dropping under $400k nor do I see Grant getting up over $300k. Wouldn't you rather look at a total gun like Fifita or Burgess?

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:57 am

Random wrote:

That is really interesting, especially because I have been wondering what to do with Grant. How many weeks are you thinking it will take Tolman to bottom out? 2-3 Weeks? If so how much do you think the price difference will be between the two of them? I don't see Tolman dropping under $400k nor do I see Grant getting up over $300k. Wouldn't you rather look at a total gun like Fifita or Burgess?

I have 135k for the upgrade from Grant to Tolman so really the turn around only has to be 26k. Im sure Grant can make 6k and im pretty certain that Tolman can lose 20k over the next two weeks. I'm not interested in Fifita ive never had him and wont actively look to bring him in this year. Causes more stress and complaints from coaches than any other player ive seen since being on sportal and I already have Burgess. I was keen on Bromwich but I think i'll aim for him later in the year if I can pick up someone like Tolman who will average close to Jbrom for about 60k less i'll take that

Last edited by Mighty Fishes on Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    Roger8
    Roger8

Post by Roger8 Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:58 am

Can I have BE's for the following please?

Gutherson
    ATaylor
    JNiko
    JSafiti
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:02 am

Roger8 wrote:Can I have BE's for the following please?

Gutherson
    ATaylor
    JNiko
    JSafiti

9, 2, -1, -5

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:02 am

Roger8 wrote:Can I have BE's for the following please?

Gutherson 9
    ATaylor 2
    JNiko -1
    JSafiti -5

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13 - Page 5 Empty Trade hard. Trade fast. Trade early.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:11 am

I think early trading is necessary. You need to get that team right early. Two weeks is plenty of time to see what's going on with the cashies. A couple of my thoughts ;
    Taylor looks worth hanging on to.
    Mitchell is a keeper at WFB.
    Mbye is a fantasy superstar, along with Taupau, Tedesco and Surgess. If they're not in your team, get them. I held off on RTS last year until I couldn't afford him and I knew it was a mistake. I had a chance to get him and went farkin Fergo. I finished 108th. I reckon if I'd got him I'd have had a shot at the title. Lesson learnt.
    Barba will come good and fullbacks in general are gold this year.
    Don't worry about trading early. You can hold off on the taxes when your team is right.
    Get rid of the shit scorers early. In my team they are Feeney, Green, Henry Luelaie, and Gordon. Maybe Claw. I don't think any of them will come good. I can only get rid of Gordon now. The rest will have to wait.

This week, I'm thinking Cooper > Lawrence, Gordon > Tedesco. They should both be keepers. That gives me.

Smith, Friend
    Lawrence, Surgess, Evans/Gavet
    Parker, Taupau, Mannering, Saifiti
    Hastings, Mbye, Niko/ Taylor
    Lawrence, Hunt
    Mitchell, Tedesco, Barba

With bugger all other cows or depth.

So I need scores now and any injuries to guns can hopefully easily be replaced. That's my strategy anyway. Rock on.
    Rabbit

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:14 am

So I'm down to 2 sets of trades. Which one do you like. Thanks
    (a) Slater out - Taupau in (via Green, Ferguson)
    Aubusson out - H. Hunt in

(b) Slater out - Tedesco in
    Ferguson out - C. Scott in

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:28 pm