NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 46 - You say which fantasy group is at the top? I Can't Believe It's Not Butters

L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 46 - You say which fantasy group is at the top? I Can't Believe It's Not Butters  - Page 37 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 46 - You say which fantasy group is at the top? I Can't Believe It's Not Butters

Post by L-Jimmy Fri May 12, 2023 10:44 am

Ponga at a 51 BE with Origin on the horizon is indubitably a next week question.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 46 - You say which fantasy group is at the top? I Can't Believe It's Not Butters  - Page 37 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 46 - You say which fantasy group is at the top? I Can't Believe It's Not Butters

Post by Revraiser Fri May 12, 2023 10:47 am

GreenSchist wrote:
    Yip, can confirm it is the case.
    I have been calculating my total score (including loop) by the rankings tab or taking my current total score minus my score at the end of the previous round.

What's the story here, it will all come out in the wash anyway right. Why would we worry about our ranking so much mid round ?
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Fri May 12, 2023 10:51 am

Aardvark wrote:Reece Walsh the only player charged for a....charge (of the shoulder variety). Fine free to play next week.

Haha wow. So the bunker were fine with the action that resulted in a player getting charged, but sin-binned the action which wasn't charged at all.

The ref on the field gets talked about a lot by disgruntled fans but for me it's always the bunker decisions that drive me nuts, they have the luxury of watching multiple replays in slow motion and still make some baffling calls. I can live with 99% of the calls the on-field ref makes as that's a whole lot harder.

Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Fri May 12, 2023 10:57 am

mrbrownstone wrote:

The sum total of his attacking stats over 11 games?

1 TA, 1 LBA, 2 offloads, 13 TBs.

Would be a proper gun with his base if he added a bit more of an attacking game.

The ploddiest plodder that ever did plod, he's been fantastic.

If he ever scores a try he’ll go ballistic

His lack of ceiling means he’ll peak perfectly in time by R13 though
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri May 12, 2023 11:09 am

BCT05 wrote:

Haha wow. So the bunker were fine with the action that resulted in a player getting charged, but sin-binned the action which wasn't charged at all.

The ref on the field gets talked about a lot by disgruntled fans but for me it's always the bunker decisions that drive me nuts, they have the luxury of watching multiple replays in slow motion and still make some baffling calls. I can live with 99% of the calls the on-field ref makes as that's a whole lot harder.

things often look worse in the slow motion replay
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri May 12, 2023 11:12 am

BCT05 wrote:

Tbh I had another look at that Walsh tackle and while it didn't look good, I think Olam stepped back into him which fucked his timing up and resulted in him basically being already past Olam when contact happened

Walsh hadn't braced himself for a shoulder charge (i.e. I think he was probably going to barge him anyway but had his hands out to give the appearance of a tackle) but....I can accept if they say it's a shoulder charge as a result of carelessness on the part of the defender.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri May 12, 2023 11:16 am

Aardvark wrote:

Tbh I had another look at that Walsh tackle and while it didn't look good, I think Olam stepped back into him which fucked his timing up and resulted in him basically being already past Olam when contact happened

Walsh hadn't braced himself for a shoulder charge (i.e. I think he was probably going to barge him anyway but had his hands out to give the appearance of a tackle) but....I can accept if they say it's a shoulder charge as a result of carelessness on the part of the defender.  

This breakdown of the two players movements is spot on, and exactly why things like shoulder chargers and numerous other controversial moments of contact will always occur in a fast sport.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri May 12, 2023 11:22 am

BCT05 wrote:

I was just going to post the same point. On field in real time, refs do a pretty good job generally, the bunker should be getting things right far more often than they do.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri May 12, 2023 11:28 am

If people on a forum can't agree after seeing a million slow motion replays then how do you expect to have the correct decision every time from a bunker official?

Of course one set of people will see it as correct, the other set of people will disagree.

And it goes on and on and on........
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Fri May 12, 2023 11:31 am

Aardvark wrote:

Yeah there are some front on shots which show Olam stepped back into him which has obviously reduced the time available / margin for error. I’m kind of on the fence. It was low enough, shoulder to shoulder and no head contact. I’m ok with that, but understand the game is changing and they want it removed. Walsh probably gets destroyed if he tried to wrap him up though.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri May 12, 2023 11:39 am

AL wrote:

Yeah there are some front on shots which show Olam stepped back into him which has obviously reduced the time available / margin for error. I’m kind of on the fence. It was low enough, shoulder to shoulder and no head contact. I’m ok with that, but understand the game is changing and they want it removed. Walsh probably gets destroyed if he tried to wrap him up though.

The ones coming across in cover defense to save a try, at an angle/90 degree collision (in almost every instance) are very different to the traditional "shoulder charge" that they primarily wanted to get out of the game, the direct head on collisions where defender flies out of the line, legitimately dangerous/careless/negligent/whatever stuff.

To me the cover defense ones should really show some lee-way/common sense. Yeah if you get the head, you're gone, but in most cases, play on (unless its VERY obvious you've just kamikazie' it)
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Fri May 12, 2023 11:40 am

Revraiser wrote:

This breakdown of the two players movements is spot on, and exactly why things like shoulder chargers and numerous other controversial moments of contact will always occur in a fast sport.

Oh I don't disagree at all but you don't get a pass card because it was an accident. The bunker didn't even mention it which was interesting, they would usually say "cleared the contact" or something.

Annnnyway, we will indeed just go round in circles on this.

I should really figure out wtf I am doing with my trades today. Currently I've got a guy who is on a bye next week and a half that is only playing 50mins a game as my trade in's and that does not seem quite right.
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Fri May 12, 2023 11:47 am

my tv broke wrote:

The ones coming across in cover defense to save a try, at an angle/90 degree collision (in almost every instance) are very different to the traditional "shoulder charge" that they primarily wanted to get out of the game, the direct head on collisions where defender flies out of the line, legitimately dangerous/careless/negligent/whatever stuff.

To me the cover defense ones should really show some lee-way/common sense. Yeah if you get the head, you're gone, but in most cases, play on (unless its VERY obvious you've just kamikazie' it)

Couldn’t agree more. But seem to be a lot of people (including some former players) saying it was a blatant shoulder charge which surprises me. That’s not the tackle we were originally trying to remove from the game.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri May 12, 2023 11:51 am

BCT05 wrote:

Oh I don't disagree at all but you don't get a pass card because it was an accident. The bunker didn't even mention it which was interesting, they would usually say "cleared the contact" or something.

Annnnyway, we will indeed just go round in circles on this.

I should really figure out wtf I am doing with my trades today. Currently I've got a guy who is on a bye next week and a half that is only playing 50mins a game as my trade in's and that does not seem quite right.

I think it's OK to to discuss or throw it around as most do here. Ref bashing is totally separate to chatting about how we Interprete things etc

Harris and Olo ?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri May 12, 2023 11:54 am

Revraiser wrote:

I think it's OK to to discuss or throw it around as most do here. Ref bashing is totally separate to chatting about how we Interprete things etc

Harris and Olo ?
    Bit like guess who junior right there
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Fri May 12, 2023 11:55 am

Revraiser wrote:

Harris and Olo ?

Agree bit of healthy debate. Ultimately it's all subjective, never going to be as simple as in or out like a game of tennis (which still doesn't seem simple a lot of the time).

Yeah Harris and Olo indeed. Alternative is probably just Tatola only. Or no trades and play both Sloan and Granville..
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Fri May 12, 2023 11:56 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Bit like guess who junior right there

Lol
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri May 12, 2023 12:05 pm

BCT05 wrote:

Agree bit of healthy debate. Ultimately it's all subjective, never going to be as simple as in or out like a game of tennis (which still doesn't seem simple a lot of the time).

Yeah Harris and Olo indeed. Alternative is probably just Tatola only. Or no trades and play both Sloan and Granville..
    my no trades plan is Alamoti and Sele. There is going to be pain this week.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Fri May 12, 2023 12:06 pm

AL wrote:

Couldn’t agree more. But seem to be a lot of people (including some former players) saying it was a blatant shoulder charge which surprises me. That’s not the tackle we were originally trying to remove from the game.

It really isn't the old "Sonny Bill special" style of shoulder charge.

It's a weird one, I think IF (incredibly hypothetical) it's Payne Haas flying across and doing the same action, he probably gets a sin bin and a suspension.

There seems to be more leniency with smaller guys, i.e. most fullbacks, doing that sort of tackle as long as it doesn't endanger the player (head high etc) - I personally don't have any issue with how it's ruled.

The alternative is we coach our small attacking fullbacks to basically just let a try like that be scored, which I can't see benefits the game or anyone... because it's really the only way that Walsh stops that try and he should be doing all he can to stop the try - in a non-reckless way
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Fri May 12, 2023 12:11 pm

This guy is officially on notice;

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 46 - You say which fantasy group is at the top? I Can't Believe It's Not Butters  - Page 37 Teddy10

I never thought I'd see the day where he gets shuffled into an EMG loop, and I expect a big response from the old fella

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 11:22 am