NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Ando's Team

GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Ando's Team - Page 3 Empty Re: Ando's Team

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:05 pm

You have Manu listed twice

Stacked team and bench! Good luck for the next week or so injury wise before replenished trades
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:10 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:You have Manu listed twice

Stacked team and bench! Good luck for the next week or so injury wise before replenished trades

My bad, it was Lemuelu. I'm thinking Manu & Bird to start with Lemmy as bench impact and Simmo utility Wink
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:27 pm

Round 17

Round Score: 910
    Overall Rank: 2nd

A pretty underwhelming week backing up after the solid bye week.

If I had a few trades under my sleeve I think I’d be trade raging. With me only having 1 left I will be holding and running my 17 green dots with hope that the boys bounce back. In particular Teddy, Ponga and Boyd.

Turpin
    Haas JDB Hors
    iPap Preston
    Hynes (c) SJ
    Lemmy Manu
    Drinky Teddy Bula
    Boyd Tohu JFH Ponga
    Hopgood Matto Simmo Bird = DNP’s

Pretty set on bringing in Kris in next week as a cash out and to build some bank ready for the Grant, Cleary Fifita upgrades. In hindsight I should have brought him in last week instead of Bird but we move. I just have to hope Bird suits up RD19 but can’t really see it.

Feeling quite pessimistic at the moment and think my team will be hanging on for dear life come the last few rounds.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:56 pm

Ando wrote:Round 17

Round Score: 910

A pretty underwhelming week backing up after the solid bye week.

If I had a few trades under my sleeve I think I’d be trade raging. With me only having 1 left I will be holding and running my 17 green dots with hope that the boys bounce back. In particular Teddy, Ponga and Boyd.

Turpin
    Haas JDB Hors
    iPap Preston
    Hynes (c) SJ
    Lemmy Manu
    Drinky Teddy Bula
    Boyd Tohu JFH Ponga
    Hopgood Matto Simmo Bird = DNP’s

Pretty set on bringing in Kris in next week as a cash out and to build some bank ready for the Grant, Cleary Fifita upgrades. In hindsight I should have brought him in last week instead of Bird but we move. I just have to hope Bird suits up RD19 but can’t really see it.

Feeling quite pessimistic at the moment and think my team will be hanging on for dear life come the last few rounds.

I don't mind DJ Khaled as a cash out next week either to bank some more coin (assuming he keeps the 5/8 spot)
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:42 pm

Shady2K wrote:

I don't mind DJ Khaled as a cash out next week either to bank some more coin (assuming he keeps the 5/8 spot)

It's the job security that puts me off him mate, whereas Kris is pretty much nailed for a spot in the Raiders team...

I will however require another cash out RD20 to afford my Grant & Cleary trades.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:10 pm

Main thread quite slow this evening barring the NAS chat and I'm bored at work so thought I'd do a thinking out loud post for the fans.

Current Team

Trades Remaining: 1
    ITB: $47k
    Team Value: $14.5m

Turpin
    Haas JDB Hors
    iPap Preston
    Hynes SJ
    Lemmy Manu
    Drinky Teddy Bula
    Boyd Hopgood Matterson Tohu
    Ponga Bird JFH Simmo

RD19 Team

Current thinking is my final trade will be JFH > Kris to net approx 200k and hopefully give me 13 for the round. Obviously question marks over Horsburgh, Hynes and Bird:

Boyd
    JDB Hopgood Tohu
    iPap Preston
    Hynes SJ
    Lemmy Bird
    Simmo Bula Kris
    Matterson Hors

Once we get the extra 8 trades I will have enough bank to afford Turpin > Grant as a direct replacement.

This will leave me with 7 trades. I will likely have to use 1 to cash out someone and the net profit which will be used to trade in Cleary and Fifita leaving 4 trades as cover for the rest of the year. It's a tightrope but I feel as though I need to continue to be aggressive as it's worked out ok so far. Trade out options to fund the Cleary Fifita upgrades will be 3 of the following:

Preston
    Lemuelu
    Manu
    Tedesco
    Bula
    Boyd
    Matterson
    Hopgood
    Ponga
    Bird

The 7 left will be kept for the season barring injury. I'll appreciate anyone's thoughts on helping to identify which 3 need culling. Obviously injuries/suspensions could make these decisions for me. As it stands I think Matterson, Ponga and Bird would be the 3 I cut loose which would leave this final team:

Grant
    Haas JDB Hors
    Fifita iPap
    Cleary Hynes
    Lemuelu Manu
    Drinky Teddy Bula
    SJ Tohu Preston Hopgood
    Boyd Simmo Kris + 1 Cash Out Red Dot
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:52 am

Ando wrote:Main thread quite slow this evening barring the NAS chat and I'm bored at work so thought I'd do a thinking out loud post for the fans.

Current Team

Trades Remaining: 1
    ITB: $47k
    Team Value: $14.5m

Turpin
    Haas JDB Hors
    iPap Preston
    Hynes SJ
    Lemmy Manu
    Drinky Teddy Bula
    Boyd Hopgood Matterson Tohu
    Ponga Bird JFH Simmo

RD19 Team

Current thinking is my final trade will be JFH > Kris to net approx 200k and hopefully give me 13 for the round. Obviously question marks over Horsburgh, Hynes and Bird:

Boyd
    JDB Hopgood Tohu
    iPap Preston
    Hynes SJ
    Lemmy Bird
    Simmo Bula Kris
    Matterson Hors

Once we get the extra 8 trades I will have enough bank to afford Turpin > Grant as a direct replacement.

This will leave me with 7 trades. I will likely have to use 1 to cash out someone and the net profit which will be used to trade in Cleary and Fifita leaving 4 trades as cover for the rest of the year. It's a tightrope but I feel as though I need to continue to be aggressive as it's worked out ok so far. Trade out options to fund the Cleary Fifita upgrades will be 3 of the following:

Preston
    Lemuelu
    Manu
    Tedesco
    Bula
    Boyd
    Matterson
    Hopgood
    Ponga
    Bird

The 7 left will be kept for the season barring injury. I'll appreciate anyone's thoughts on helping to identify which 3 need culling. Obviously injuries/suspensions could make these decisions for me. As it stands I think Matterson, Ponga and Bird would be the 3 I cut loose which would leave this final team:

Grant
    Haas JDB Hors
    Fifita iPap
    Cleary Hynes
    Lemuelu Manu
    Drinky Teddy Bula
    SJ Tohu Preston Hopgood
    Boyd Simmo Kris + 1 Cash Out Red Dot

Yeah its going to be a tricky one deciding who to keep, who to sell.
    So many questions marks. How will Kikau returning affect Prestons scoring? Does Preston move back to the right away from Burton. What do Hopgoods mins look like when Eels back to full strength. Can Bula keep saving his scores with a try?

Also I think Bird and Lemu's days are done. A good attacking ctr like Penisini or Tago is the way to go. End of season there are alot more blow outs when a top 8 team plays a bottom 8 team. Plenty of attacking opportunities for ctr in a top team
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:16 pm

Round 18

Round Score: 1,039

DAMN YOU JACK BIRD! More fool me for trading him back in over Penisini but still pretty frustrating.

This week was pretty rocks and diamonds. Haas, Hors, Hynes (c), Manu, Drinky, Teddy, Tohu, Ponga all with huge scores matched with absolute howlers from Bula, Lemmy, SJ and Turpin.

However still clinging on to 2nd place so overall I am happy.

Post TLT I have 11 green dots and 1 trade (won't be playing 13 because of Jack fucking Bird) Bang

Boyd
    Hopgood Tohu JDB
    iPap Matto/Preston loop
    Hynes (c) SJ (hopefully plays)
    Lemmy Simmo
    Bula

Thinking I will cash out JFH for Averillo to give me 12. Leaves 204k to start targetting Cleary, Fifita and Grant next week once we get the trades refresh. Kris is the other option but he just doesn't fill me with confidence. I think Dogs will instantly look better with Sexton at #7 which will let Burton run as a running #6 and Averillo does have good history when playing full back.

Last weekend also gave me a little bit of clarity as to who will be staying in my team, Manu, Teddy and Ponga all showed why they're good to have and hopefully I will bet set up to loop them most weeks.

With Sexton leaving the Titans I'm also more comfortable holding Boyd for the rest of the season.

Preston getting a 50 in an absolute hammering means I will likely hold.

Lemmy back starting means he will probably be a set and forget centre and I'll potentially be able to loop him most weeks with Manu and Simmo.

Preston
    Lemuelu
    Manu
    Tedesco
    Bula
    Boyd
    Matterson
    Hopgood
    Ponga
    Bird

That means I have locked in a Bird trade out (for a 3rd time this year) along with Turpin. I also feel the Bula train has come to an end so will look to cash him out. Those three leaving will lead to me bringing in Grant and Fifita straight away as long as they back up from Origin which will then leave a little bit of cash left over to then eventually get Cleary.

This plan seems ok in my head so we will see how things pan out.

Thanks for reading.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:51 pm

Ando wrote:Round 18

Round Score: 1,039

DAMN YOU JACK BIRD! More fool me for trading him back in over Penisini but still pretty frustrating.

This week was pretty rocks and diamonds. Haas, Hors, Hynes (c), Manu, Drinky, Teddy, Tohu, Ponga all with huge scores matched with absolute howlers from Bula, Lemmy, SJ and Turpin.

However still clinging on to 2nd place so overall I am happy.

Post TLT I have 11 green dots and 1 trade (won't be playing 13 because of Jack fucking Bird)  Bang

Boyd
    Hopgood Tohu JDB
    iPap Matto/Preston loop
    Hynes (c) SJ (hopefully plays)
    Lemmy Simmo
    Bula

Thinking I will cash out JFH for Averillo to give me 12. Leaves 204k to start targetting Cleary, Fifita and Grant next week once we get the trades refresh. Kris is the other option but he just doesn't fill me with confidence. I think Dogs will instantly look better with Sexton at #7 which will let Burton run as a running #6 and Averillo does have good history when playing full back.

Last weekend also gave me a little bit of clarity as to who will be staying in my team, Manu, Teddy and Ponga all showed why they're good to have and hopefully I will bet set up to loop them most weeks.

With Sexton leaving the Titans I'm also  more comfortable holding Boyd for the rest of the season.

Preston getting a 50 in an absolute hammering means I will likely hold.

Lemmy back starting means he will probably be a set and forget centre and I'll potentially be able to loop him most weeks with Manu and Simmo.

Preston
    Lemuelu
    Manu
    Tedesco
    Bula
    Boyd
    Matterson
    Hopgood
    Ponga
    Bird

That means I have locked in a Bird trade out (for a 3rd time this year) along with Turpin. I also feel the Bula train has come to an end so will look to cash him out. Those three leaving will lead to me bringing in Grant and Fifita straight away as long as they back up from Origin which will then leave a little bit of cash left over to then eventually get Cleary.

This plan seems ok in my head so we will see how things pan out.

Thanks for reading.

Lemmy isn’t a set and forget I don’t think mate. He’s only starting again because Kaufusi HIA. When he’s back, Lemmy back to bench.

I’d be happy as an owner he’s starting this week but be ready to pull the trigger
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:12 pm

Welsh Mafia wrote:

Lemmy isn’t a set and forget I don’t think mate. He’s only starting again because Kaufusi HIA. When he’s back, Lemmy back to bench.

I’d be happy as an owner he’s starting this week but be ready to pull the trigger

Echoing this, think the wheels have fallen off Lemmy. If not next week, then R21 bye is a good time to flick him. He could turn it around with a 50 point, 80 minute edge performance this week but I think it's unlikely
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:25 pm

Welsh Mafia wrote:

Shady2K wrote:

Echoing this, think the wheels have fallen off Lemmy. If not next week, then R21 bye is a good time to flick him. He could turn it around with a 50 point, 80 minute edge performance this week but I think it's unlikely

He was starting instead of Ese’Ese in final teams prior to Felise HIA. I agree that he’s not top gun anymore but with all cash drops you probably hold now as playable CTR if EDG or just cover if bench
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:33 pm

Camo123 wrote:

He was starting instead of Ese’Ese in final teams prior to Felise HIA. I agree that he’s not top gun anymore but with all cash drops you probably hold now as playable CTR if EDG or just cover if bench
    Agree with the hold and reassess later. Worst case you go to an upside centre with a good run home.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:36 pm

Thanks for all of the replies and think I’m starting to agree. I have a week or 2 to see how it plays out.

Squad make up means that I could just end up running Manu Simmo at centre for the rest of the year with Avo as cover.

Once I grab Grant and Fifita next week I’ll then look at Lemmy and Bula as my route to Cleary. Doing it this way burns an extra trade but leaves me with a pretty solid squad of 21 rather than dud red dots.

Will only have 3 trades left to cover injuries but if I need to be aggressive to have any chance of closing the gap to Booze.

Thanks once again!
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:55 pm

I also have the Lemmy/Manu/Simo combo and don't understand how you can loop then going forward unless you also have a centre red dot?

Lemmy is a tricky one. At the moment I'm treating him as a R20 sell (route to Haas) but if he knocks out a 50+ then I'll probably change my mind. #recencybias
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:11 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:I also have the Lemmy/Manu/Simo combo and don't understand how you can loop then going forward unless you also have a centre red dot?

Lemmy is a tricky one. At the moment I'm treating him as a R20 sell (route to Haas) but if he knocks out a 50+ then I'll probably change my mind. #recencybias

I think back end of the year I will be looping most weeks. So just meant throwing him into the EMG's and looping his score up. But after the comments I'm definitely leaning now towards cutting him loose.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:28 pm

Ando wrote:

I think back end of the year I will be looping most weeks. So just meant throwing him into the EMG's and looping his score up. But after the comments I'm definitely leaning now towards cutting him loose.

I'm a fan of Tago. A bit point-chasy but he has been in red hot form, and after the bye is against Dolphins then Dogs, so could get out of range quick on price
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:49 pm

Shady2K wrote:

I'm a fan of Tago. A bit point-chasy but he has been in red hot form, and after the bye is against Dolphins then Dogs, so could get out of range quick on price

Tago is a good pick but I don't really like the idea of paying top dollar for a CTR especially when I already have Simmo and Manu. Think these 2 will be solid enough and it means by other 15 spots are pretty stacked.

Based on the above plan I should have Preston/Boyd as 18th man with Avo 19th man. I think that's pretty good strength in depth. Should look something like this:

Grant
    Haas JDB Horsburgh
    Fifita iPap
    Cleary Hynes
    Simmo Manu
    Drinky Teddy Ponga
    SJ Tohu Hopgood Preston
    Boyd Avo CASHOUT CASHOUT
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:13 pm

Round 19

Round Score: 691
    Overall Rank: 3rd

Ended up taking a punt on VTW over Averillo and Kris and it’s looking like another dud trade in with him not being named this weekend.

The pressure might be getting to me because my recent trades have all been pretty poor.

Don’t have much to say about RD19, just seemed very underwhelming…

Moving forward I’ve pencilled in the current trades:

Bird > Fifita
    Bula > Piakura
    Lemuelu > Grant

Ditching 3 average mid rangers for 2 guns and a playable cash out. This leaves me with just 17 green dots for the week as I plan to hold Haas JDB Hors.

Grant
    Hopgood Tohu JFH
    Fifita Preston
    Hynes (c) SJ
    Simmo Manu
    Drinky Teddy Ponga
    Boyd Matto iPap Piakura
    VTW Haas JDB Hors

Leaves 5 trades for the run home although I’ll likely be using 2 of these to get Cleary in next week.

As mentioned in previously I’ll be hanging on for dear life the last few weeks but happy enough with the 21 man squad to see me through and will just look at sideways moves for any injuries I get.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:35 pm

Would you be better off trading JFh instead of lemelu,

Reason, lemelu has dual and is centre cover, which you don’t have if VTW never gets selected again

I like you have limited trades so putting a premium on dpp,

If you trade out jfh you still have matto to play mid, and have 6 mids including duals going forward

Jfh has better job security than lemelu admittedly, but null seems to have been selected more or less every game

I haven’t looked into their averages and or expected points, because it seems like both wouldn’t be in your best 17 anyway

If you have a reason to dispense with lem instead of jfh please ignore me

Good luck for rest of the year bro
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:14 am

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:Would you be better off trading JFh instead of lemelu,

Reason, lemelu has dual and is centre cover, which you don’t have if VTW never gets selected again

I like you have limited trades so putting a premium on dpp,

If you trade out jfh you still have matto to play mid, and have 6 mids including duals going forward

Jfh has better job security than lemelu admittedly, but null seems to have been selected more or less every game

I haven’t looked into their averages and or expected points, because it seems like both wouldn’t be in your best 17 anyway

If you have a reason to dispense with lem instead of jfh please ignore me

Good luck for rest of the year bro

JFH going next week for Cleary and has the lower BE and more of a reliable scorer for the week

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:00 pm